Quantcast
larus

[Drama 2017-2018] A Korean Odyssey/Hwayugi 화유기

1 hour ago, corleone said:

i hope they will reveal when SOG realised he loves SM.

He himself does not know but we do. It began from episode 5 when he saved her from the movie then it strengthened in episode 6 when she asked him if he still finds her pretty when the GGG was frozen. It was after that that he started feeling strange and thought he was getting a cold. And when Jonathan entered the picture, he was a goner. When he pretended that he no longer loved her(when she turned normal), his love and anguish was all real. 

BTW do you guys think we will get a wedding? I really really want them to have a wedding.:wub:

Oh and in Harry Potter and the Philosophers Stone, the same logic was used as with GGG. The one who wanted to find it would get the stone but one who wanted to have it couldn't.

• Like 12

Hong sisters kept teasing us with bed scenes and gave us a satisfying one so i hope they will also keep their promise with the wedding.

It's contract that can't be broken u know!!!!!!! 

@stargazer187 because of your post i want to watch ep 18 again lol.. and this has to stop!! Once i press the play button, i'm gonna end up replaying the last scene for idk how many times already  -_-

• Like 3
  • LOL 9

14 minutes ago, haymochi said:

@stargazer187 because of your post i want to watch ep 18 again lol.. and this has to stop!! Once i press the play button, i'm gonna end up replaying the last scene for idk how many times already  -_-

IKR!! You know I have rewatched the whole episode 18 like 3 times today. bwahahaha... the ending part, ah,, don't ask, :joy:

• LOL 11

1 hour ago, stargazer187 said:

How should I express how I love episode 18? It finally gives what we've been wondering for the whole episodes! And the answer given is totally satisfying! The subs waiting is really killing me. But watching it after such a long wait is like having fresh water in a desert.  I'll rant super long from now on .

My thoughts on ep 17-18

After that depressing moment in ep 17, my heart  hurts so much with SM after SOG told her that they can't meet each other after GGG taken off. And look how ungrateful MW and how dare he tried to eat SM?? Goshhh.. I hate MW so much in ep 17!!! But yeah... I'm such a simply minded person, seeing how he feels so bad because SOG isn't around, and how much he loves and cares SOG, he tried to help OG with his GGG experiment. MW, I'll forgive you since you might be too naive to believe what ASN lied to you.

Again I cried with SM so much with that drunk confession scene. I am not typical person who easily to shed tears, but SM did it to me. I feel her pain... It always this sad since ever she's with that hurt eyes from episode 1. OYS, I admit, very great and so sincere with the feeling she delivered. Such a great acting!

Seems like they really go to reveal that the grandson is MW's child. I like how they give that short meaningful moment to make me believe this twist. When he called him as "ahjussi" both shared a son finds his father look-like. 

What I love the most from ep 18:

Hide contents

1. Whooaa.. who can predict that GGG is that easily be taken off with that simple way. Just like how those children soul can get away from the book demon, this GGG can be taken off once it wasn't seen as shackle. It's off when his love is sincere. Gah... the feels... brilliant twist writers! It is just logically accepted and pretty wise. The moment he takes it off while follows SM behind and his feeling remain or grows even bigger and deeper towards her. Ohhhh ... that moment is super saddd but very beautiful in the same time.

Hide contents

2. SM empties her feeling to OG, well, for that long she held back her feelings, this time she starts showering all her love for him now. Goshh,the moment of her first "saranghae" to him and how he reacts to it, it's so gold! Their eyes speaks how much the love feeling they have each other. SM pays back all those love confessions he want her to say all this time. And their kisses. Whoahh.. I lost count on how many times I reply it over and over. Lol.  Such a pretty long kisses and passionate. Both LSG and OYS has such a great chemistry that out off the chart. They kiss sincerely. Sighh.. why they end it there??? Don't tell me that they will resume it with other scene next week! I can see the baby will come soon! hahahaha. Ooohh.. I must stop being over analyzing this, it turned me to be such a pervert  lol.

3. I love seeing SM starts to act to be that cool again, yay! I love when she acts cold and blatantly confront ASN or warns KDS. Glad she finds the truth of BJ's killer.

4. When SM asked OG to turn the star candy to put together with the other real stars on sky. Aw.. that's not just literally as words saying but he indeed make it to be one of the star for her. How sweet! What else do I have to add here, later.. for now those what I remember. Haha

Okay... so now our heroes only have to deal with their deadly fate and here I wish to a fairy tale happy ending for them all. Writers seem to listen our previous prayers somehow. And I hope once again they'll grant us with the most happy ending with lots of kisses and babies. Lol

With SJ's lotus scent is getting stronger now, she doesn't need to shed her blood anymore just to let the scent out. Isn't this will attract those evil spirits to come at her easily as what her fate comes near her. I expect for a grand fight in the apocalypse before we get all HEA final.

Hide contents

You know I just feeling how those great early trailers seems pretty intense and cool. It's so wasted if they don't give this one like for the final battle. 

And here are some positive thoughts to happy ending we all wish for.

1. The paddler said to SOG "since you yourself escaped from the control of the geumganggo. In that case, the deadly fate and heaven's plan could all come to pass differently. Ahh.. I see the light of hope in her words!

2. SOG said "after everything over and when I am safe, that time I take this off myself and show to her." Also he added "I am able to defeat this then I 'm able to defeat the dragon too" . So reassuring!

I get it why he put the GGG back on his wrist. If SM was in danger, he can sense it right away since his heart hurting can alarm him of her safety. This is not just his noble idiocy, he's plausibly so logical doing this. Ahhh... I want they have log duration for next two  final episodes! I don't want this to end soon!! 

Sorry for this very long essay.

Dear stargazer187,

though it is a long essay, i do read by sentence and i do agree with every of it❤️ Regarding your positive thoughts, I’m voting for each one it. I’m trying to voice the same thing to my friends but no one agree with me. Sad story here lol! Thanks

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks! :)
  • Like 4

8 minutes ago, haymochi said:

One thing i found out from ep 18 is our Og the great sage hobby:

1.watching tv all day ( def yes lol)

2. Chasing Sunmi around

and SM's favorite things too,

1. being chased by a handsome predator.

2. getting love confessions from SOG all the time.

3. having dates with him, eating ice cream, watching movies, eating cotton candy and teokbeokki.

whoaahhh.. where can I get a SOG for my own??:lol:

• Like 2
  • LOL 11

Guys the beginning scene of ep 18, when OG mention he needs to watch My Golden Life and because he is busy he wasn't able to watch Yoon Kitchen, so he has to catch up. KDS face when he heard that really make me wanna laugh. KDS must think "How could the owner of a large company saying this?" Hahaha

*Did anyone find this scene funny too? Or it's just me? lol

• LOL 13

1 hour ago, YourHighness . said:
3 hours ago, corleone said:

i hope they will reveal when SOG realised he loves SM.

He himself does not know but we do. It began from episode 5 when he saved her from the movie then it strengthened in episode 6 when she asked him if he still finds her pretty when the GGG was frozen. It was after that that he started feeling strange and thought he was getting a cold. And when Jonathan entered the picture, he was a goner. When he pretended that he no longer loved her(when she turned normal), his love and anguish was all real. 

BTW do you guys think we will get a wedding? I really really want them to have a wedding.:wub:

Oh and in Harry Potter and the Philosophers Stone, the same logic was used as with GGG. The one who wanted to find it would get the stone but one who wanted to have it couldn't.

Just want to add more, I think, he likes her since he meet her again, he might think her as his prey at first, but look he even fixed her broken umbrella, and protected her all night.

And also, I think he start to think of her since she told him that she waited for him for 25 years desperately even she knows clearly that he won't come for her, he amazed on how cool she is after seeing her with such devotion to her life.

I love this quote of JSM, it is likely to tell the awareness of people about suicide which much happens frequently in SK.

"Even though I don't have family, friends, or lover, in my life there is me, although I'm alone I live well, I'm more affectionate and proud of myself. I want to continue living."

• Like 7

8 minutes ago, stargazer187 said:

Just want to add more, I think, he likes her since he meet her again, he might think her as his prey at first, but look he even fix her broken umbrella, and protected her all night.

And also, I think he start to think of her since she told him that she waited for him for 25 years desperately even she knows clearly that he won't come for her, he amazed on how cool she is after seeing her with such devotion to her life.

I love this quote of JSM, it is likely to tell the awareness of people about suicide which much happens frequently in SK.

I thought soo, OG has uneasy feeling after Sun Mi said she was waiting for him desperately for last 25 years. Since then he thought about her more. And every time Sun Mi said she was happy to spend time with him as family friend and lover and even thank him while he had bad intention that make him fall for her deeply (of course without realizing it) that is why he turn on the light of the Christmas tree for Sun Mi to enjoy before she leaves

I like that quote too, very touching. OG even amazed by SM willingness to live even her life is not beautiful but full of sad

• Like 6

Hmm.. since the shop owner grandma said Sunmi is a special human being and she can choose hew own fate

i hope there will be something that makes her want to change this sacrificing fate and survive no matter what. 

Shouldn't she know about OG's true feelings even without the GGG? If she knows she won't want to leave him broken like the doctor

• Like 2

I just noticed that in this scene Jin seon mi called Song Oh Gong name but he didn't  showed up perhaps he knew that he should not interrupt Jin Seon Mi and Ma Wang conversation about him. Intentional or not still I like it hahaha^_^

• Like 4

1 hour ago, stargazer187 said:

and SM's favorite things too,

1. being chased by a handsome predator.

2. getting love confessions from SOG all the time.

3. having dates with him, eating ice cream, watching movies, eating cotton candy and teokbeokki.

whoaahhh.. where can I get a SOG for my own??:lol:

Don't forget.

for both OG's and SM's favourite things:

*drumroll*

Kissing:wub: :tongue:

• LOL 15

I wonder what would happen if there was no GGG on SOG? Would he be able to eat Sam Jang? For me it was obvious that he started to like her since they met each other after 25 years. SOG started to care about Sam Jang and protect her. And after she kissed him I’m sure he fell in love with her with GGG on or not. Ohhh, I wish so so much another version of this drama! I can watch over and over again!! 

• Like 6
  • LOL 5

31 minutes ago, Lady_Lara said:

I wonder what would happen if there was no GGG on SOG? Would he be able to eat Sam Jang? For me it was obvious that he started to like her since they met each other after 25 years. SOG started to care about Sam Jang and protect her. And after she kissed him I’m sure he fell in love with her with GGG on or not. Ohhh, I wish so so much another version of this drama! I can watch over and over again!! 

No he won't 

even before the GGG he still protected her all night after she got attacked at the alley

btw Is ASN really becoming soft for PK? Or is she just manipulating people feeling again? Idk i kinda feel so unfair for Buja.

because i won't forget that ASN stole this girl body and is helping her killer. Sunmi is right ASN is a filthy evil spirit. Just because of her sob story doesn't mean it erased your sin of killing humans and eating them. You also made this innocent girl turned into a monster, can't even meet her mother, and have no other way other than being burnt

• Like 4

56 minutes ago, haymochi said:

Shouldn't she know about OG's true feelings even without the GGG? If she knows she won't want to leave him broken like the doctor

Oh... remember what she said to SOG before? When the ggg taken off and he still finds her pretty, she'll hold onto him tightly. I hope she'll remember this. Tho, I sense that if there is someone to sacrifice for, she might be ready to let her be the one to die instead of SOG. But let's hope. 

As how writers plan to make the grandson as MW's child, means they still want to stick to the original storyline. The original has happy ending which both the monk and monkey king are being deities. So maybe if SM has to sacrifice herself at the end, maybe that when she has to be killed, she won't end up dying. She just ends her human life and ascends to be a deity? 

Well... finger crossed. 

• Like 12

33 minutes ago, stargazer187 said:

Oh... remember what she said to SOG before? When the ggg taken off and he still finds her pretty, she'll hold onto him tightly. I hope she'll remember this. Tho, I sense that if there is someone to sacrifice for, she might be ready to let her be the one to die instead of SOG. But let's hope. 

As how writers plan to make the grandson as MW's child, means they still want to stick to the original storyline. The original has happy ending which both the monk and monkey king are being deities. So maybe if SM has to sacrifice herself at the end, maybe that when she has to be killed, she won't end up dying. She just ends her human life and ascends to be a deity? 

Well... finger crossed. 

Thank God this  made so many contract and promises.... they should keep all their promises

Even OST part 9 is very sad but because i first listen to it on the very lovely scene, and i keep watching that scene for over and over (can't count it anymore), i become like that song more

Each day, even if it hurts, I'll believe in you

I believe in you

Before it gets any cloudier, will you return

i believe in Hong Sisters to wrap this drama in very interesting ending

• Like 3

Ep 19 text preview is out!!! Someone please translate  :o

-After accepting their love for each other the  otp spent a beautifut night together

-OG did something to save Sunmi

-Sunmi is angry knowing OG wants to die in her stead. She goes to the grandma shop owner and said that she will bear this fate as samjang alone

- ASN who lost her power determine to call the black dragon so she can get back her power (?)

- OG rushed to Sunmi who is in brink of death (danger)

i'm just gonna take the "spend a beautiful night together"  and i  already can guess what the cliffhanger for ep 19 already :(

• Like 2
  • Sad 4
  • Thanks 7

8 hours ago, dvrels said:

Even OST part 9 is very sad but because i first listen to it on the very lovely scene, and i keep watching that scene for over and over (can't count it anymore), i become like that song more

Each day, even if it hurts, I'll believe in you

I believe in you

Before it gets any cloudier, will you return

i believe in Hong Sisters to wrap this drama in very interesting ending

Yeah based on the lyrics but because they used this ost in their jaw dropping romantic scene I find it assuring that no matter what it takes if they believe they will be together it will come true.

I also watched it over and over in normal and slow motion video.  Can't  get enough:) 

Me too I believe them as long as it's satisfying without loopholes and it is needed in the conclusion of the story I'm okay with it.

• Like 5