Quantcast
Jump to content
larus

[Drama 2017-2018] A Korean Odyssey/Hwayugi 화유기

Recommended Posts

Lol yes i’m all for this twist if “eating” SJ equates to gaining power. 

 

I really wish the show will adopt a similar plot to the manga “black bird”. In the manga, “eating” the female lead will give the person a lot of energy. Eventually, she will give birth to the strongest demon of all time.

 

looking forward to see a powerful mini ver of OG who will be very protective of his own mother.. can also envision Sun Mi as a loving and doting mom, maybe to the point that OG will become jealous of his own kiddo :) 

 

Sigh, perfect ending. Please give our heroine a complete happy family! One can only hope right? 

  • Like 2
  • LOL 20

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, stroppyse said:

Okay, I realize that I'm flooding the thread with translations, and I'm going to stop actually. However, one last translation of the conversations that OG has with the Granny who is clearly a goddess. In the episode, the conversation happens over two scenes, broken up by MW also realizing how to break the power of the geumganggo, but which I'm not including in this translation.

 

(OG goes to find the Granny at her store)

Granny: Great Sage, Equal to Heaven has come.
OG: You met Sam Jang, didn’t you? Why did you go looking for her?
Granny: Since she’s a very special and particular person.
OG: Why did you meet her to tell her to empty herself or whatever? What are you planning to fill it with after she’s emptied herself that you went talking to her like that?
Granny: Sam Jang is a bowl. A very special bowl to be filled with the world’s worst evil spirit.
OG: So. You have to fill the emptied bowl with an evil spirit, then broke it, in order for you to feel good?
Granny: It’s not that simple. At the very end, it’s a choice that Sam Jang has to make. That child is a special human being who is capable of making such a sacrifice.
OG: Please, just leave her alone to live. That sacrifice, I will make it.
Granny: The arrogant and temperamental Great Sage, Equal to Heaven has been made to choose to be a sacrifice.
OG: You’re the one who caused me to be put in the geumganggo. You. Who are you?
Granny: Son Oh Gong, you no longer need the restraints of the geumganggo. Then the geumganggo must have no power then.


OG: You’re saying that I can take the geumganggo off myself?
Granny: You no longer have any thoughts of harming the person who controls the geumganggo or of freeing yourself of it. Why would you need something to keep you restrained? You have freed yourself of the geumganggo’s control. So then, the fate of the death bell and the plans of the heavens could all flow differently as well.

 

 

Okay, so that conversation is definitely hope that our OTP can have a happy ending, right? :D

 

 

So if SJ can't empty herself can that evil fill her? What granny said remind me of the ending of Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (Harry Potter 5). In the end of HP 5, Voldemort about to possess Harry but Harry good memories with his family and friends love keeps in his mind remind him of how great their love to him and that love gave him power so he said to Voldemort "you are the weak one, you'll never know love or friendship. And I feel sorry for you" so Harry wins over Voldemort. How if the great and pure love Sun Mi has can destroy that evil? The evil that built by human dark side destroy by human loves,. 

 

This just my theory. Hope Hong Sisters will give us the best ending

  • Like 11
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, haymochi said:

It's funny how in ep 18 OG is scared to tell Sunmi how much age different they have lmao :D

 

I know, right? I was totally laughing during that scene. However, as @walkinsiesta said, at least SM is not a teenager or even a youngster just barely out of school.

 

1 hour ago, sadpluto said:

Someone mentioned a while back that in the original JTTW either eating the flesh or having sex with the monk can make demons stronger. Now that OG has "eaten" JSM will he get stronger? crazy-monkey-emoticon-039.gif?1292792389

 

Ooh, I didn't know about that in the original JttW. I would like an adaptation of that for this drama, please. OG wakes up to find that he's an order of magnitude more powerful with new powers or something. So then, of course, OG and SM have to...um..."eat" as many times as they can before OG confronts the dragon so that he can be as powerful as possible. :D

 

17 minutes ago, immortal_piglet said:

looking forward to see a powerful mini ver of OG who will be very protective of his own mother.. can also envision Sun Mi as a loving and doting mom, maybe to the point that OG will become jealous of his own kiddo :) 

 

 

This would be such a fantastic way to end this drama, at least in terms of fan service.

 

I'm actually with @40somethingahjumma in that I can't take the doomsday scenario seriously. I really don't believe that either OG or SM will die.  Though if they give us a reincarnation ending, that would be a bad ending in my book as well. I'm still firmly holding onto the idea that SM will become an immortal, if not a deity, and that she and OG will have a happy life together, despite having to rein in her mischievous Monkey King from time to time, and OG will be a doting father to his surprise to his own children. :) I'm going to keep thinking "together, together, together, together, ..." at least until the next preview is out since I want OG and SM to truly team up to fight the black dragon and SM's fate.

 

1 hour ago, hikaru_dawn said:

No more deaths...just power upgrades.

 

Btw, you totally sound like a gamer here. :)  Play any RPGs?

 

Now, I think I may have to go watch the ending of episode 18 again, and this time maybe not feel as if I have to peek through my fingers. :lol:

 

  • Like 2
  • LOL 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, immortal_piglet said:

Lol yes i’m all for this twist if “eating” SJ equates to gaining power. 

 

I really wish the show will adopt a similar plot to the manga “black bird”. In the manga, “eating” the female lead will give the person a lot of energy. Eventually, she will give birth to the strongest demon of all time.

 

looking forward to see a powerful mini ver of OG who will be very protective of his own mother.. can also envision Sun Mi as a loving and doting mom, maybe to the point that OG will become jealous of his own kiddo :) 

 

Sigh, perfect ending. Please give our heroine a complete happy family! One can only hope right? 

Please send your idea to Hong Sisters please please please

 

Sunmi deserve a  loving family of her own

she has been so lonely all her life.. she deserves to receive all the love in this world 

 

24 minutes ago, dvrels said:

 

So if SJ can't empty herself can that evil fill her? What granny said remind me of the ending of Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (Harry Potter 5). In the end of HP 5, Voldemort about to possess Harry but Harry good memories with his family and friends love keeps in his mind remind him of how great their love to him and that love gave him power so he said to Voldemort "you are the weak one, you'll never know love or friendship. And I feel sorry for you" so Harry wins over Voldemort. How if the great and pure love Sun Mi has can destroy that evil? The evil that built by human dark side destroy by human loves,. 

 

This just my theory. Hope Hong Sisters will give us the best ending

 I hope this is true!! When this dragon is about to enter her body, she will remember all the memories she had with OG. True love and pure heart triumph all!!

even the heaven won't be able to beat their love!!

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, immortal_piglet said:

Lol yes i’m all for this twist if “eating” SJ equates to gaining power. 

 

I really wish the show will adopt a similar plot to the manga “black bird”. In the manga, “eating” the female lead will give the person a lot of energy. Eventually, she will give birth to the strongest demon of all time.

 

looking forward to see a powerful mini ver of OG who will be very protective of his own mother.. can also envision Sun Mi as a loving and doting mom, maybe to the point that OG will become jealous of his own kiddo :) 

 

Sigh, perfect ending. Please give our heroine a complete happy family! One can only hope right? 

I'm all for this! :D like I said a while back, I hope when the final battle comes, Seon Mi is pregnant by then and their child will be her shield against the dragon

 

That would be cool. Imagine PK, MW, SM, OJ and WG's faces when they find out. Especially OG HAHHAHHAHA

  • Like 6
  • LOL 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, sadpluto said:

Someone mentioned a while back that in the original JTTW either eating the flesh or having sex with the monk can make demons stronger. Now that OG has "eaten" JSM will he get stronger? crazy-monkey-emoticon-039.gif?1292792389

 :D oh yeaah Oh Gong will be super strong to slays the dragon even maybe he didn't realize his new power yet, the shopkeeper granny say samjang will loose something precious in order to do her job, what is the most precious thing for a virgin? Virginity.The day she throw a buckets of I Love you tantrum at Oh Gong, she "lost it" in that epic closing bed scenes:grin:  and gosh that OST part 9, why it sounds like... i'm missing you...i'm loving you.. and transform to be i'm kissing you...i'm kissing you... i'm kissing you.. in my ears...LOL sounds like i'm going mental hereee...

  • LOL 15

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know that we've hashed the ending scene to bits already, but one more translation of the final scene, though I had done a previous translation of just the video clip before. This is actually a translation of the entire conversation in the penthouse between OG and SM including the bit before the video clip starts.

 

Before the clip:

(OG is in his penthouse looking out the window, SM comes in.)

OG: Why did you come?
SM: Why did you throw this? (holding out the piece of candy from earlier in the episode that OG had placed in the sky at her request)
OG: You said you would empty yourself by yourself, but because I saw you on the rooftop of the building emptying yourself.
SM: Why did you throw it just because you pleased? Okay, you did as you wanted and just threw things and poured things, didn’t you? Because I had collected each of those things carefully, I have so many things to throw away. And then, what? Don’t throw it away in front of you?
OG: So? Did you come to complain that you have too many things inside of you?
SM: Do you know how many things I have to throw away? You evil jerk!
OG: I didn’t know that you had so much built up inside of you.

 

Then the clip itself:


SM: That’s right. So, I’m going to throw it away by pouring it all on you! I’m not going to throw it away while sitting on a street. I’m not going to throw it away by crying while sitting in a corner of my room. I’m going to pour it all out on you!
OG: Okay. If you feel so aggrieved, then do as you want! I’ll endure it and listen, so go ahead and do it.
SM: I love you. I love you. I love you so very much. I love you. I said I love you! (embraces him, then pulls back) I love you. (kisses him)
OG: If you pour out like this, then I won’t stop.
SM: I love you.

(kisses, kisses, and more kisses in bed even)

 

 

I included the clip again as well, because frankly, it bears to be seen again. :)


A couple of things I noticed on the rewatch. I love that when she kisses him, he has a beat of surprise, but then he’s so immediately into the kiss, closing his eyes and savoring it, and yet still managing a thread of restraint. And, then when he warns her that if they continue, he won’t stop, he registers her consenting “I love you” with a little nod of acknowledgement of his own before he swoops in for more kisses, this time with no restraints whatsoever.  

 

Also, was LSG this good a kisser before? I don't remember his kiss scenes from previous dramas which make me think that they weren't that memorable. But, I love how he conveys so much with his eyes, and a tightening in his jaw, and these micro-movements that let us know how he feels.

 

Not to mention OYS. I haven't seen as many of her dramas, but I definitely don't remember any such passionate kiss scenes in Jang Bori. :) 

 

I also like the way they look together in the final scene with OG's fitted white shirt and black pants providing a contrast to SM's slim-fitted black dress. I also noticed watching this time how they managed to keep their lower bodies fairly far apart even as they kissed passionately on the bed, possibly because the actors are still a bit shy or so that the viewers don't burst into flames maybe. :) Okay, time for me to stop, before I go even more seriously perving.

 

Btw, @gf sherry, this kiss scene was the final scene of episode 18. Now, we have to wait a week for the aftermath in episode 19. :) 

 

29 minutes ago, hikaru_dawn said:

@stroppyse iam! But not much of hardcore gaming these days. But before, yes I was. 

 

Have you ever played Pillars of Eternity? It's a bit of a classic.

  • Like 20
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

maybe granny shopkeeper is Goddess of Love or Cupid:ph34r: her job is to make those two fall in love and become one, she used GGG as an arrow of love, the moment SM kissed OG inside of the Painting, love strikes  they both fall in Love.:wub:

OG did ask granny right? Who are you? she just smile....well heaven is the best matchmaker right ?

 

OMG ... Saturday is still six blocks away:tongue:

  • Like 4
  • LOL 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

1 hour ago, hikaru_dawn said:

I'm all for this! :D like I said a while back, I hope when the final battle comes, Seon Mi is pregnant by then and their child will be her shield against the dragon

 

That would be cool. Imagine PK, MW, SM, OJ and WG's faces when they find out. Especially OG HAHHAHHAHA

Me too me too!!!!

maybe the baby in her womb will be the one to protect the mother 

 

i need to see OG *brontosaurus* moment with his own baby lol.

Sunmi gonna have a headache . Already can  imagine this monkey and baby monkey fighting for her everyday...

 

*why am i so nervous for Wed preview:wacko:*

  • Like 3
  • LOL 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some new photos from instagram - THAT baby; it seems that the cast has been filming at the site of the dragon-summoning + LSG and our favourite spy

 

 

Spoiler

 

 

  • Like 7
  • Thanks 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rewatching episode 18 and it struck me. No one is actually giving a thought to saving JSM but SOG. :( Everyone wants to save SOG. MW was funny and all, sure, but he was trying to save SOG by trying to figure out how the GGG can be removed. Because that meant he could easily kill JSM and live. JSM is still just a tool for them all. No one but SOG actually cares for her. Summer Fairy did but she is gone.

 

Which makes me curious; will MW tell JSM about SOG's plan to die in her steed by himself or will she have some kind of vision and question him?

  • Like 2
  • Sad 11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, YourHighness . said:

Rewatching episode 18 and it struck me. No one is actually giving a thought to saving JSM but SOG. :( Everyone wants to save SOG. MW was funny and all, sure, but he was trying to save SOG by trying to figure out how the GGG can be removed. Because that meant he could easily kill JSM and live. JSM is still just a tool for them all. No one but SOG actually cares for her. Summer Fairy did but she is gone.

 

Which makes me curious; will MW tell JSM about SOG's plan to die in her steed by himself or will she have some kind of vision and question him?

 

Cant blame them

1. It was SJ’s calling to stop the mega evil spirit, not SOG

2. JSM is a human who dies in a matter of decades as opposed to OG who is a powerful immortal being.

 

if one thinks objectively, it is natural that SJ is the one to be sacrificed.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, YourHighness . said:

Rewatching episode 18 and it struck me. No one is actually giving a thought to saving JSM but SOG. :( Everyone wants to save SOG. MW was funny and all, sure, but he was trying to save SOG by trying to figure out how the GGG can be removed. Because that meant he could easily kill JSM and live. JSM is still just a tool for them all. No one but SOG actually cares for her. Summer Fairy did but she is gone.

 

Which makes me curious; will MW tell JSM about SOG's plan to die in her steed by himself or will she have some kind of vision and question him?

He always blabber everything so i won't be surprised if he tells her. To him Sunmi is a mere human who isn't worth saving.. esp to the great sage.

 

please please no more noble idiocy. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, juzluvpink said:

 

Cant blame them

1. It was SJ’s calling to stop the mega evil spirit, not SOG

2. JSM is a human who dies in a matter of decades as opposed to OG who is a powerful immortal being.

 

if one thinks objectively, it is natural that SJ is the one to be sacrificed.

Logically yes it's her calling but they can speak out their sadness or portray it on her imminent death. I'm sad for her because no one actually cares for her. She spent so much time with them, helped them, warned them, worried about their well being but she never got the same in return.

 

3 minutes ago, haymochi said:

He always blabber everything so i won't be surprised if he tells her. To him Sunmi is a mere human who isn't worth saving.. esp to the great sage.

 

please please no more noble idiocy. 

True, she is like a toy for MW.

 

Noble idiocy is a given but I want to see if SOG will propose JSM for marriage since he thinks he may die fighting the dragon. I want a wedding since SOG has called her his bride for many episodes now.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Finally done watching episode 18 with eng subs. Still can't  get enough of their kiss scenes. I think I watch it on reply mode for one and half hour repeatedly. Our OTP made the kiss with gentleness and finesse :wub:

Credit to gek_lsg

  • Like 4
  • LOL 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, YourHighness . said:

Logically yes it's her calling but they can speak out their sadness or portray it on her imminent death. I'm sad for her because no one actually cares for her. She spent so much time with them, helped them, warned them, worried about their well being but she never got the same in return.

 

True, she is like a toy for MW.

 

Noble idiocy is a given but I want to see if SOG will propose JSM for marriage since he thinks he may die fighting the dragon. I want a wedding since SOG has called her his bride for many episodes now.

A mere toy for those demons , deities and someone to rip off for humans.

i feel so bad for her

 

sacrificing for each other def will happen but no more noble idiocy like hurting and breaking up again with GGG reason blah blah blah

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is the eng sub up alrdy ? 

 

Told u guys this otp is breaking the Guinness World records in number of kisses in kdrama lmao . :wub: 

  • Like 3
  • LOL 12

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Though I wanted to watch it until the sub is complete, I ended watching it without the decent subtitles. In episode 18, where’s a big revelation reveals how’d heaven played OG and SunMi’s feeling! (Heaven played with our hearts too).Now that he knew that the GGG is ineffective,why he did wear it?

From my perspective, maybe the great sage wanted to protect her from herself. If worst comes to worst, if SunMi will put them on tight spot,She foolishly followed ANS’s wishes before, what difference it will takes this time if OG’s life is on the line. SunMi will choose OG over herself definitely;  as for the great sage, if SunMi wish her death to save the world, the only recourse is to refuse SunMi.The sword is nonexistent anymore. He hid and sealed it under, therefore keeping the ggg is still effective since his main purpose now is to defy SunMi’s if her wishes means sacrificing her own life. These two will keep one another from harm though it means their own death.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...