Quantcast
larus

[Drama 2017-2018] A Korean Odyssey/Hwayugi 화유기

So they give us some happy OTP moments and then tear our hearts apart with one of them dying. It may become true that SM will die. We'll have to see... Hope OG gets there in time to save her but her fate is to save the world through her sacrifice. I don't think OG will be able to defeat the black dragon, especially if it's that powerful. My heart will die of this! 

• Like 1
  • Sad 4
  • LOL 1

I think we've gotten enough hints by now that the Dragon is very strong and SOG will fail and die if he tries to fight it. The only way to defeat it is by JSM making the Dragon enter her and then stabbing herself with the sword. SOG will not stab her in any circumstances.

But not to worry, I am sure we will get a happy ever after with SOG and JSM becoming deities and having their little family.

• Like 7
  • Sad 4

I think so too..

perhaps in ep 20 we will see OG in agony (insert OST 9 - Believe - where are you..more than any other day I want to see you, before it gets any cloudier, can you return?..) as JSM is died (or hidden by deities and in waiting to be deity)

I have 100% faith in Hong sisters for making a beautiful ending

• Like 14

1 hour ago, haymochi said:

As usual.. who wanna bet that MW will be the one telling Sunmi about OG's plan?

these demons want the points but don't want to do anything. I'm 100% serious here, what has Mawang done other than putting Sunmi at risk all the time?

People seem to put shield on his character because he is funny but him and PK sre quite bad actually. Yes, Mawang hidden love for OG is cute but i really wanna see OG gets angry at him for doing that to Sunmi.

Sunmi has been saint to him all the time. Sigh.. it's weird how her character received flak  few eps ago for being sincere and kind? But being evil is okay because they are funny?

I agree with you. MaWang is cute and funny but on another hand he is wicked and very dangerous. I suppose he cares about SOG but SunMi is only a tool to get what he really wants. For MaWang SunMi is just a mortal human who can be killed or eaten. 

Talking about SunMi I wanna say that I really love her personality. She is really saint and pure and strong and brave in a same time. No wonder that SOG loves and cherishes her so desparetely strong. 

• Like 7

16 minutes ago, chunkyung_8690 said:

I think so too..

perhaps in ep 20 we will see OG in agony (insert OST 9 - Believe - where are you..more than any other day I want to see you, before it gets any cloudier, can you return?..) as JSM is died (or hidden by deities and in waiting to be deity)

I have 100% faith in Hong sisters for making a beautiful ending

Yep. The Gods wanted him to suffer and be in pain. He will be in excruciating agony. Maybe their love, coupled with how selfless JSM was in saving the world will make the Gods give her deity-hood.

• Like 3
  • Sad 3

2 minutes ago, YourHighness . said:

Yep. The Gods wanted him to suffer and be in pain. He will be in excruciating agony. Maybe their love, coupled with how selfless JSM was in saving the world will make the Gods give her deity-hood.

And they'll be the Mr and Mrs Smith-ish of thr heavenly realm chasing bad spirits

I WANT THIS

• Like 3
  • LOL 5

The forum is moving so fast I can barely keep up haha. The text preview really makes me feeling a roller-coaster type of emotions. I'm happy they spend the night, but then I get vexed at SOG over what I expect is his version of noble idiocy - pushing SM away to make sure she's safe. Then SM, I understand why she decides to go ahead with her mission, because now she knows OG will fight to the death for her, she's even more determined to complete it because she loves him so much and wouldn't bear the thought of losing him.

I too suspect MW will play the part of telling OG's plans to SM, because essentially he wants to save OG. 

ASN and KDS, I really don't get why she's so determined to summon the dragon. There's no motivation at all, seriously. Is it because KDS was so impressed with SM that she just wants to show off? How stup** can she be? Ughh..

But now we'll finally see the dragon waking up and SM going to face it. But how? Did SBR tells her about the sword and what is supposed to happen? Because SM obviously can't fight the dragon. It's about time they lay every card on the table. Be truthful about what has to be done, then there might be a way to handle it differently. Which is one reason I'm so bummed that SOG didn't tell SM the GGG has lost its effect on him - his love is true. I get the reason why, but consider this. Because the kind-hearted SM feels that if one must die it should be her, because she still thinks OG will not love her anymore if GGG comes off. So it would be unfair for him to die for her only because the GGG compelled her to. And like she said, if she's the one left alone in the end with her feelings, she's going to be so much more devastated.

If SOG had told her, then they would both realise that their love is reciprocated fully and SM can be persuaded to think of an alternative to sacrificing herself because she knew then that SOG would also suffer endlessly.

Sigh. This drama had taken over my life. I'm typing this essay, and yet my work report is still pending haha.

Anyway, last but not least, just wanted to add something. I think the dragon will eventually be able to come into SM's body. But like I've posted previously, possession of a body in this drama had always shown that the original person's feelings remains (Buja-ASN; crying when her mom died & Alice-octopus Prince; infatuation with PK). And the strength of SM's love would somehow enable her to do something even while being possessed. Maybe at the most critical moment before killing SOG, her eyes change and SM comes back, say "I love you" and stabbed herself.. 

I'm sorry guys, this one is too bleak. It's a scenario I imagined, but it felt too sad even as I type it. I gave up theorising this show but still so many theories still come up. Bottomline, I don't want SM to die. I don't want OG to die. Hong Sisters is going to wrap this up and gave them a happy ending that they deserve, I'm sure. It's how they'll get there.

• Like 9

15 minutes ago, hikaru_dawn said:

And they'll be the Mr and Mrs Smith-ish of thr heavenly realm chasing bad spirits

I WANT THIS

They won't need to when they are Mr and Mrs. Deity.:lol: Isn't points collecting done to become one? And with how protective SOG is, I don't see him putting JSM in front of any bad spirit, even if she has powers.

@missirina Yeah we are definitely getting a Happy ever after. Although I wonder if just JSM being on the site will attract the Dragon to enter her or if she will cut herself. I am leaning towards the latter.

BTW I wonder if SOG will remove the GGG and show it to her on the Namsan tower since she will blow up at him for his plan to sacrifice himself. Will MW tell her the GGG is useless? Or will JSM accuse him of being fooled by the GGG enough to sacrifice himself.

Oh, I hope she calls his love fake again..that would make him remove the GGG and shows her that his love is true.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, haymochi said:

Wasn't there a fan acc saying that they did kiss *praying so hard that's it's true*

Dragon-nim can you please just continue your beauty sleep and play with Kang Dae sung instead?

let my otp do their lovey dovey thing first

*crossing any fingers that I have* :D please let it be a kiss scene! please please please..

I hope the dragon will be pissed at KDS and ASY because they interrupted his beauty sleep -_-.  I just saw someone commented on tumblr about the dragon. He/she said that to prevent the dragon to be woken up, why don't they just kill ASY? I'm kinda wondering about that right now. Why don't they just kill KDS and ASY? Everything will be fine. hahaha :D

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, annie1234 said:

*crossing any fingers that I have* :D please let it be a kiss scene! please please please..

I hope the dragon will be pissed at KDS and ASY because they interrupted his beauty sleep -_-.  I just saw someone commented on tumblr about the dragon. He/she said that to prevent the dragon to be woken up, why don't they just kill ASY? I'm kinda wondering about that right now. Why don't they just kill KDS and ASY? Everything will be fine. hahaha :D

I'll try to answer the query because I thought the same. Why didn't SOG kill ASN then the dragon wouldn't have been a threat. The answer, what I figured is:

The dragon would have woken up anyway after some time, there's just so much sins it can contain. And after waking up, he would have searched for an evil being to possess and destruct the world. ASN is waking him up early and presenting him with an evil being to possess because she craves power, attention and being a VIP.

I also wondered WHY a Dragon and it's because the sins are so many and so strong in our world that the evil took the shape of the largest, strongest and the most dangerous being ever.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, YourHighness . said:

@missirina Yeah we are definitely getting a Happy ever after. Although I wonder if just JSM being on the site will attract the Dragon to enter her or if she will cut herself. I am leaning towards the latter.

BTW I wonder if SOG will remove the GGG and show it to her on the Namsan tower since she will blow up at him for his plan to sacrifice himself. Will MW tell her the GGG is useless? Or will JSM accuse him of being fooled by the GGG enough to sacrifice himself.

Oh, I hope she calls his love fake again..that would make him remove the GGG and shows her that his love is true.

Me too! Maybe it's wishful thinking, but yes I believe they'll go the happy ending route.

Cutting herself would do the trick I think. The dragon won't be able to resist. But yes, not sure if it will be MW, and if he'll tell everything to her.

It would be great if that really happens, I mean removing the GGG in front of SM. Can't wait to see SM's face haha.. And then they will kiss (as what some fans claim they see at the Tower scene)! Activation mode on! (Not that they need one anymore, but I'll never look at the word 'activation' the same again after this haha) :blush:

• Like 1

I have just watched ep 18 and realized that this is the first time MW and the peddler's grandson had real conversation. I like it that they have the same reaction towards GGG. Hahaha. I like it that the grandson was oblivious towards everything else but MW (he called him Ajusshi. Even SBR didnt get that treatment, yes?)

That kiss! Oh yesss... all along, I keep wondering how they moved from the window onto the bed. Did they stop kissing somewhere and move to cozier place? LOL. Anw I think it was beautiful, thinking that this kiss is the first kiss with both of them realizing their true feelings toward one another. 

Now about that apocalypse. Yass! Bring it on! I think we can survive it, knowing that we are just 2 eps away from the finale, and it has been talked about for soooo long. Funny thing is that the technicality of the apocalypse and samjang's role had been quite vague until this ep. Is it true that there is only ONE way to do it? Will monkey's determination change anything? I asked this because the peddler granny told monkey that since monkey wins over the power of GGG, and since he is willing to sacrifice himelf for samjang, (love and death) destiny will change. If they have death destiny before, this time it may go different way. Hence, possibly a rosier path.

This is my take on this. Since i dont have the rule book, i really dunno what awaits them at the end of the road if they are alive, or if they die. In my mind, it is much better if they both become immortals or mortals, and spend their long or short life together without ever seeing the other person die.

• Like 6

Me too,  I am also hoping of beautiful ending for this drama, especially when the granny merchant said that their fate had changed, and the great sage has this strong beliefs that he can stop the forthcoming chaos, I’m more convinced of a happy ending. 

Since SOG and JSMis a strong pair,  I cannot imagine what would be their child would be :D

• Like 5

27 minutes ago, missirina said:

Me too! Maybe it's wishful thinking, but yes I believe they'll go the happy ending route.

Cutting herself would do the trick I think. The dragon won't be able to resist. But yes, not sure if it will be MW, and if he'll tell everything to her.

It would be great if that really happens, I mean removing the GGG in front of SM. Can't wait to see SM's face haha.. And then they will kiss (as what some fans claim they see at the Tower scene)! Activation mode on! (Not that they need one anymore, but I'll never look at the word 'activation' the same again after this haha) :blush:

Me too and I am really hoping she sees that the GGG is useless instead of just being told by MW or someone else. I want her to see and be happy that the love is true and pure between them. Pure enough for SOG to risk his own life for hers. Before she dies, I want her to know that so we can see her proper reacting. Not when she is dying or about to die, that won't give us enough time to see her happiness.

@marinated_lemon The death destiny changed because SOG fell in love with her and he refuses to hurt her, let alone kill her. Since that changed, the path that the deities planned went haywire and so JSM and SOG have a chance at happy ever after.

The deities intended to make SOG kill JSM while making them doubt his love. He was supposed to feel real pain for few moments. As per their plan, whether his pain would have been ever lasting or momentary, we don't know.

BUT SOG realized that his feelings are real and that the GGG is useless for him. This eliminated any chance of him killing JSM, which meant the duty of sacrifice came onto JSM. It will be her choice to sacrifice herself for the world. Sam Jang was only supposed to be an unthinking sacrificial lamb. SJ were never made into deities. SJ were never supposed to make an uniformed decision. SJ were never supposed to have powers to make sacrificing themselves possible. By taking that decision, JSM went above and beyond her duty, which makes her liable to deity-hood.

What's happening right now is the changed fate. The path flowing differently than what was written. SOG and JSM both changed it with their love. SOG by falling in love irrevocably and JSM by loving and making SOG a better person  because he loves her. If not for JSM and her characteristics, SOG would not have changed.

• Like 7

Abit offtopic here after watching all the butlers ep 8 seems like LSG wants to get married lmao and he ask when he will get a kiss again :wub:

• Like 2
  • LOL 10

11 hours ago, parenicossu said:

Not sure if anyone already posted anything about this.

But.. what if? ㅋㅋㅋ

Reveal hidden contents

No But If's chingu. It's a definite IT!:wink:

Kid:   Ahjusshi, you forgot your umbrella.

MW:  Ahjusshi?

Kid:   What about it?

MW:  There are no evil spirits who call me ahjusshi.

Kid:   Ah, it's Ma Wang, right? Can't I call you ahjusshi anyway?

MW:  Fine. Just call me ahjusshi. Take care. And stop stealing.

m3v0nWR.gifj09bIat.gif

LsvqUGm.gifBa9dBhz.gif

Fl69rb5.giffeaKTVl.gif

UOlCRq5.gifihTltwO.gif

GyUfItX.gifiCTdxdw.gif

tw: letsflytoasiarenata

You can't deny the calling of your own blood. His son is such a cheeky little brat, though.:tongue:

P.s. I wish MW would somehow find out that the boy is his. Otherwise it's just too sad.

• Like 7

lol.. finally watched ep 18..

and ha ha a.. i am more excited about them showing the dragon ... yay! i legit thought they won't show it..

or that CG won't be great.. but i like this..

when the dragon will rise. .. it would be a b'ful site.. I wish goblin director was directing thsi show.. atleast for the rise of the dragon scene :tongue:

although i like these dragons under water stories.. because of taro the dragon boy..  :(

2 hours ago, astrobooy said:

Abit offtopic here after watching all the butlers ep 8 seems like LSG wants to get married lmao and he ask when he will get a kiss again :wub:

he is doing that since ep 1.. first with song song wedding..lamenting how much guts it takes to marry at thsi age..

is he yearning to marry yoona :tongue:

Are we never going to address which human betrayed monkey to lead to that 500 yr prison?

• Like 1

@enigmatic_zephy 

I was stoked too when I saw the dragon. It kind of reminded me of the dragon from the movie  Never Ending Story. 

They can always make a second season to address all those questions. —-fingers crossed—-To name a few: 

1. ASN’s  back story

2. SOG’s back story

Or a manwha.  That would work too. :D

• Like 3

2 hours ago, astrobooy said:

LOL..sorry for also  off topic...this has been discussed in the OYS + LSG shipper paradise..as in the ep Hyang seong even teased him " have I kissed someone in the last 30 days" (LSG's reaction is daenak) of which he reacted with " when will he get to kiss again?"

and the book answers with " stimulate your appetite":lol::lol:

• Like 8
  • LOL 5

6 hours ago, haymochi said:

As usual.. who wanna bet that MW will be the one telling Sunmi about OG's plan?

these demons want the points but don't want to do anything. I'm 100% serious here, what has Mawang done other than putting Sunmi at risk all the time?

People seem to put shield on his character because he is funny but him and PK sre quite bad actually. Yes, Mawang hidden love for OG is cute but i really wanna see OG gets angry at him for doing that to Sunmi.

Sunmi has been saint to him all the time. Sigh.. it's weird how her character received flak  few eps ago for being sincere and kind? But being evil is okay because they are funny?

I clapped so hard reading this. Thank you!

• Like 5