[Drama 2017-2018] A Korean Odyssey/Hwayugi 화유기

larus

14 minutes ago, dvrels said:
What is LSG saying guys? Someone please translate. Did he said goodbye already? Did they done filming? Omo it's sad that next week i will not waiting for Hwayugi to air :bawling:

*i will pick Yuk Gong over LSG hahahaha (Yuk Gong fanatic fans here hahaha)

It is a picture combining both of his roles 1) great sage son oh gong and 2) his character in goonghap (seo do yoon)

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, stargazer187 said:

What exactly going to happen next?? Sighh... no preview yet. I've just come back reading some comments on YT. Lol, that kiss video reaches 300k+ already and look what YT said to me, it gets age-restricted notice. And the c-section, 905 comments! Clap clap. :lol:

@dvrels he wears that joseon hat, isn't he promoting his movie, no? Well.. I love Yook Gong but I want SOG, :lol:

It's already spread in IG too, that the video get age restriction. Very funny seriously hahahaha

@stargazer187 yeah after read the translation, it's looks like he combine his character in drama and movie. Nice idea i think, plus Yuk Gong was there too hahaha

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

21 minutes ago, haymochi said:

I think there will be fighting too you know.. then we know how it always ended up with this otp  def a hug and passionate kisseu

This drama isn't called Hwayukiss for nothing :tongue:

Haha no wonder uri Oh Gong-i loves to upset SJ and makes her angry because he knows that he will end up getting some :wink::wink:

• Like 1
  • LOL 6

hi all!..im currently doing a rerun from ep 1. Im really glad that the last 2 episodes end this weekend as i have a major exam next week on sunday! I promise ill concentrate from monday onwards! provided we get the subs for the final 2 by monday noon that is :(..

why do you reckon subs are quite slow for hwayugi? is the hangul dialogues is not the normal ones?

I hope first half of ep 19 fills with lovey dovey confession from both (plus cuddling scenes) and second half arguing about who should sacrifice their lives (huehuehue)...then at the end they decided to break the heaven's plan and we will see that hug at namsan tower!

omg..i never been so engaged in kdrama before.

• Like 7

No preview yet. And i don't think there wil be one. They're keeping it from us for maximum effect of withdrawal syndrome and anxiety. 

Now i have a guess that the hugging scene is a reconciliation scene. So they will have a happy ending indeed. Hence, this was the place when GGG lost its power. Ah, i wish i am SJ who can presict the future of this two...

• Like 1
  • LOL 7

I believe that they will both survive this ordeal! SOG will pull SM back from the brink of death~! *Crossing all fingers*

Can't wait for the preview & finale but yet i dont wish for this drama to come to an end.. Already feeling the withdrawal syndrome. :confounded:

*Have been repeating the kiss scene for N times while waiting :wub: 

Really love the way LSG kiss OYS. Omgomggg :wub:

• Like 10

19 hours ago, stroppyse said:

"Seon Mi who has gone to stop the black dragon and Oh Gong who is running to save Seon Mi who is on the brink of death!"

Something was niggling me about the text preview and now I get it.

@bold Does this mean the GGG is off? If he had been wearing it, wouldn't he have been transported by the GGG the second she was in danger?

How come SOG didn't know when the dragon was summoned? Wasn't he going to be there with ASN? Did  she betray him?

I am guessing the brink of death is the Dragon about to enter her or did KDS and ASN attack her?

• Confused 2

I've been a silent lurker for way too long on this thread. Can someone tell me when the heck did LSG become this HOT? Everything about  him in this drama is perfection. From acting, looks, style, he got it all! They could've not picked a better person to play the role!

And thank you for the bed scene with all the kisses, which I'm sure led to other actions in the bed. lol

Looking forward to what the final episodes hold for us!

• Like 3
  • LOL 9

1 minute ago, MrMarley said:

I've been a silent lurker for way too long on this thread. Can someone tell me when the heck did LSG become this HOT? Everything about  him in this drama is perfection. From acting, looks, style, he got it all! They could've not picked a better person to play the role!

And thank you for the bed scene with all the kisses, which I'm sure led to other actions in the bed. lol

Looking forward to what the final episodes hold for us!

Hahaha, I'm wondering the same too! I like him as an actor since a while now, but I never found him this hot!

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying he's ugly, to each their own. But I must admit that I saw him in a new light with this drama, like I'm discovering him all over again and I love that ! He brings out a certain charisma with this role that I never saw in him before. ^^

• Like 5

1 hour ago, YourHighness . said:

Something was niggling me about the text preview and now I get it.

@bold Does this mean the GGG is off? If he had been wearing it, wouldn't he have been transported by the GGG the second she was in danger?

How come SOG didn't know when the dragon was summoned? Wasn't he going to be there with ASN? Did  she betray him?

I am guessing the brink of death is the Dragon about to enter her or did KDS and ASN attack her?

The GGG is not the transport mechansm, SM calling his name is. So not sure if there is any implication wrt the GGG.

I think you’re right that SOG was going to be there when the black dragon was called. However, I wonder if ASN inadvertently woke up the black dragon while she was trying to show off he4 “power” to KDS who had started having doubts about ANS since SM is stronger. Also, from the preview stills, it’s confusing that Frosty is with ASN. Frosty is aware that ASN is working with OG after all.

I also think SM being on the brink of death has to do with SM somehow facing off with the black dragon before OG can. I doubt that ASN would attack SM any more.

3 minutes ago, moreenke said:

Hahaha, I'm wondering the same too! I like him as an actor since a while now, but I never found him this hot!

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying he's ugly, to each their own. But I must admit that I saw him in a new light with this drama, like I'm discovering him all over again and I love that ! He brings out a certain charisma with this role that I never saw in him before. ^^

I’m really convinced it’s a post-army maturing and toning. LSG just carries himself with more confidence, but also with a more relaxed air. Before army, I always thought of him as cute and puppyish, but don’t see anything puppyish about him now as SOG.

Also, thanks for delurking @MrMarley. Nice points you bring up. :) 

As a kind,compassionate and rightful human being Sunmi first worried about controlling someone's mind with the power of the bracelet. Still when she fell in love with SO , even if she thought his love was fake, that he didn't really and consciously love her, she not only kissed him, but had sex with him in the last ep. 
Don't know how you felt about it (maybe you were blinded by their hotness), but I felt pretty much disgusted. We don't need TV series with rape culture messages in it. Forcing someone to intimacy is wrong (even if he did love her, she didn't know that so it's not an excuse for her). 

13 minutes ago, Emma Gudiy Caresia said:

As a kind,compassionate and rightful human being Sunmi first worried about controlling someone's mind with the power of the bracelet. Still when she fell in love with SO , even if she thought his love was fake, that he didn't really and consciously love her, she not only kissed him, but had sex with him in the last ep. 
Don't know how you felt about it (maybe you were blinded by their hotness), but I felt pretty much disgusted. We don't need TV series with rape culture messages in it. Forcing someone to intimacy is wrong (even if he did love her, she didn't know that so it's not an excuse for her). 

First of all, we don’t know for sure what happened on the bed aside from the kissing. Second, OG is the one who said “he won’t stop”  so idk where you are coming from with this “forced intimacy”? Lastly, if OG didn’t want it, he is powerful enough to stop her so ... imo you’re just finding excuses to hate on the female protagonist. lol

• Like 18

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQL3VLqPu3tMTVOJ_hdw0Efeature_3.jpg?itok=HajRztxO&mtime=151901tumblr_p2pukyA1eK1vvl737o1_540.png

How does one pour out that which has become a part of you?

I am not an active part of this thread still I am hoping you can accept and won't mind in my sharing too.  I wasn't sure if this drama would be for me but my Chingus excitement in watching it changed my mind and how thankful I am.  From beginning to now I have been surprised in this magical journey that allows me to step not only out of my comfort zone but a view of outside the world itself.  Filled with mystery and magic, fantasy and fascinating characters who are able to reach through what is known whether a Demon or Fairy, Spirit, Zombie, Mortal or Immortal etc.... Still with all that evil that seems to surround this story there is a light of love that even all that darkness cannot seem to cover up or deny...

It's that same showering of light that before you know it has you feeling emotions and caring for even a Zombie!  Who would have thought it possible and yet here I am.  Cheering for these dark characters that stir my heart and make it flutter.  An OTP I felt grew on us like the little girl who grew up as well it would seem right before our eyes.  And a promise that was broken but through time found it's way and a bracelet that would seem to bind.  Would later become a symbol worn with thankfulness of being bound to someone he now wants to never be separated from.  For there is a glimmer of belief that it has nothing to do with magic but everything to do with his willingness and the change within his own heart. And he proves it when he himself takes it off...

When one realizes what this OTP is up against it has a feel of Romeo & Juliet when everything and everyone seems to say it's impossible.  Even heaven, earth and below.  Yet no matter what, it's their hearts that continue to to protect each others and no price seems to be to high including offering themselves for one another...

While I watched in this last episode her sitting all alone beneath the beauty and silence of a nights sky.  With a view of the moon and it's light shinning down upon her with the stars ever so bright.  I thought to myself how does she pour out this love that took her a lifetime to find.  How can she let go of him who now lives inside?   It would be like ripping her heart in half.   The sadness she would feel and the fear of being all alone once again like in the past.  When one grew up in loneliness and now knows the pleasure of anothers warmth, words and touch.  How almost cruel it would be and feel to be asked to give up so very much...:sweatingbullets: