Quantcast
larus

[Drama 2017-2018] A Korean Odyssey/Hwayugi 화유기

Hong sisters writing are never perfect actually

i remember one of my fave drama from them "Master Sun" . I practically lost interest from ep 13-16. Luckily they

ended it with a bang...

Sassy Girl Chunhyang is even crazier with the gross villain and another noble idiocy from the female lead. But yeah.. there's something about their writing that made viewers got so attached to the couple. Luckily they have tone down the possesive villain in their recent dramas

Mawang and PK have been very stupid. I wouldn't blame PK cos he isn't the smartest demon from the start. He is so fickle going back and forth btw MW and OG...

i'm gonna take that this ASN as the expert in manipulating feelings and weakness. She knows clearly what are MW, OG, Sunmi, and Pk weaknesses.

luckily both otp aren't eating her nonsense anymore. While Mawang is eating up everything if it involves Princess Iron Fan

ASN could be a great villain if not her power is already taken and she is practically useless now.

i love ghostbusting scenes but you gotra admit that we need a biggee impact that would caused the gate of hell to be opened. Since the evil spirits were said to have arose from humans themselves. This kang dae sung might summon the most dangerous one

• Like 12

hi all..after watching ep 18 I feel like now ASN has realised what she done and what she c=become and she dont like it.She thought she was still the old her. In the end I think its ASN, JSM and SOG fighting the black dragon.

Kuddos to the Hong sisters..honestly from ep 13-16 a bit boring.

• Like 4

I am enjoying this drama because the acting is really good and some of the quirkiness of each character is interesting. The characters are all well developed as individuals. But somehow the plot goes around in curlicues and circles and rivulets. Not a straight forward, just winding and  twisting around, and sometimes just ending up at square one.   I think, here we go again, back to nowhere.  Still the acting and dialogue is good.  I keep watching anyway.   But when it comes to seriously discussing that silly bracelet and what will happen to the monkey king's love, will it disappear or is he truly in love, oy oy oy - It is so darn silly..................:lol:

• Like 7
  • LOL 1

1 hour ago, nrbrown said:

@40somethingahjumma

I’ll disagree with you somewhat on the OTP. I actually like them as a couple and their banter. I also like the bromance. I like both to tell you the truth. 

Sure the show isn’t perfect. But I got to say that this show will be one of my favs in the end. 

I don't dislike the OTP at all. On the contrary. :wink: But the push-pull and noble idiocy admittedly drives me bananas. I just wish that they operated on a far more equal footing and that OG doesn't treat SM like she's a porcelain vase. I know she has guts and is made of sterner stuff. She's a survivor but lately I dunno... It's frustrating watching the two of them trying to be martyrs for each other. But the last few minutes of Episode 18 was lovely though... it was the same feeling I had after the book seller arc. :wink:

I think it was always going to be a challenge adapting JttW into a comedy romance. The comedy part is fine... extremely good as a matter of fact but the romance tends to lapse awkwardly in typical K drama style. Frustrating and predictable... which isn't worthy of such an innovative and quirky drama IMO.

I can't take the doomsday stuff seriously no matter how much I try. It's more cartoony than the cartoons I've watched. There's very little doubt in my mind that it'll be a happily ever after.

• Like 6

28 minutes ago, maddymappo said:

I am enjoying this drama because the acting is really good and some of the quirkiness of each character is interesting. The characters are all well developed as individuals. But somehow the plot goes around in curlicues and circles and rivulets. Not a straight forward, just winding and  twisting around, and sometimes just ending up at square one.   I think, here we go again, back to nowhere.  Still the acting and dialogue is good.  I keep watching anyway.   But when it comes to seriously discussing that silly bracelet and what will happen to the monkey king's love, will it disappear or is he truly in love, oy oy oy - It is so darn silly..................:lol:

I have not watch ep 17 & 18 with subs, but i agree that the plot is going in circles. They keep dragging on whether to remove the GGG or not for a few eps and the ASN part. I keep thinking why dont they just burn her? Lol. Its gets a bit draggy after ASN possess BJ.

IMO they should overcome this love barrier already and just fight together! and not thinking about sacrificing oneself so that the other live!!

The frustration of being too serious about a drama :lol:

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

So many pages to back read. I am not watching the previous episodes yet not because of the subtitles issue, I do watch the raw episode though my Hangul mal is limited. Its just that I’m pretty sure I’ll be dealing great separation anxiety later, once the drama end. The chemistry between the OTP is undeniably overboard. Maybe the two leads are grown well in this field. For that reason: Salute! Salute! Salute! 

Is this scene is the closing scene? That kisses is :wub::heart:

I’m not expecting any bts between LSG and OYS, especially on this one. Many international fans awaits but its best not to release any. Fans will be gone crazy. :):D

• Like 14

10 hours ago, aunniek said:

I missed that, which episode was that??? :)

oh i am referring to the snake drawing.. the hottest two had their snakes coiled..

seungi went all the steps ahead.. and drew an entire ecosystem with trees and branches on which snake will be coiled..

:tongue:

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

27 minutes ago, candiilicious said:

I have not watch ep 17 & 18 with subs, but i agree that the plot is going in circles. They keep dragging on whether to remove the GGG or not for a few eps and the ASN part. I keep thinking why dont they just burn her? Lol. Its gets a bit draggy after ASN possess BJ.

IMO they should overcome this love barrier already and just fight together! and not thinking about sacrificing oneself so that the other live!!

The frustration of being too serious about a drama :lol:

aww to hell(literally xD) with the plot

if they'd just give me these kind of kisses for two episodes straight i'd be happy as a clam lol

"I keep thinking why dont they just burn her?"

because it fills up more airtime if they just sit around talking about burning her lol

46 minutes ago, haymochi said:

It's funny how in ep 18 OG is scared to tell Sunmi how much age different they have lmao :D

at least she's not a highschool girl.. thank heavens (lol) for small mercies

• Like 1
  • LOL 10

I’m going to write a post dedicated to the GGG. But before that. 

Something puzzles me. If Akiko the Japanese girl needs to get rid of those who knows about her, including the older her, then why didn’t she get rid of KDS?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, walkinsiesta said:

"I keep thinking why dont they just burn her?"

because it fills up more airtime if they just sit around talking about burning her lol

Meanwhile she saunters around enjoying the high life... dressed like a fashionista... sipping wine... making blood spatters and creating life-sucking zombies in her spare time.

There's definitely perks to delayed burning chatter.

:wink:

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

3 minutes ago, corleone said:

may I know who sang the song for the bed scene? sounds like brown eyed soul though

Its from OST 9 -Believe by Mackelli which was released on Saturday 

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, chunkyung_8690 said:

Its from OST 9 -Believe by Mackelli which was released on Saturday 

Thank you love!

• Like 1

Someone mentioned a while back that in the original JTTW either eating the flesh or having sex with the monk can make demons stronger. Now that OG has "eaten" JSM will he get stronger? crazy-monkey-emoticon-039.gif?1292792389

• LOL 21

The OST during the kisses(I love that I have to write the plural form of the word) is so sad, so I've been muting it and watching. :tongue::lol: I would have loved it if they'd used the music they did when SOG kissed ASN in SM's body. It's beautiful, very beautiful. I hope they release that piece in the OST.

BTW guys, brace yourselves for more noble idiocy from our couple. SOG ofcourse wants to take on the black dragon himself and as per the text preview for last episode, JSM will distance herself from him. Or maybe not. Let's see if the preview will spill over to episode 19.

TEXT PREVIEW Episode 18
For SJ’s fate, which is to die saving the world, Seon-mi empties her love as if she is saying a final goodbye to OG. On the other hand, OG will fight against the black dragon, even though it will threaten his life, all to protect Seon-mi.

MW feels pity towards OG, so he tries on the old GGG and tries to figure out how to remove it. Meanwhile, OG wants to prove that his love is not because of the GGG, so he goes to the store and asks the store owner, she gives him a hint on how he should remove the GGG.

Didn't the video preview also have MW tell JSM about SOG wanting to sacrifice himself in her steed? So SOG's secret won't remain hidden for long. JSM will know and plan on checkmating him to the sacrifice. For that she will need the sword and SOG has barred everyone from going in there. The only way everyone will gain entry is if there is a wedding? *fingers crossed* If JSM becomes his wife, Sereumdong will accept her entry and departure without needing SOG's permission.

Or its also possible that we won't get the wedding before the sacrifice and JSM will pretend to shake hands with KDS when he kicks out the powerless ASN so she is at the site of the "fight".:( ASN did tell him what she needs to awaken the dragon, if he has JSM, he does not need ASN. But don't worry, the wedding may happen after JSM becomes a deity.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, sadpluto said:

Someone mentioned a while back that in the original JTTW either eating the flesh or having sex with the monk can make demons stronger. Now that OG has "eaten" JSM will he get stronger? crazy-monkey-emoticon-039.gif?1292792389

LOL!!! Totally agree with your insight! 

In the original novel it is also hinted many times by having intercourse withthe monk can unleash the demons super ability.. i mean i was so gross when watching the show when i was a kid.. 

but now..if hong sisters also adapts this kind of scenario I m all for it!!!! Mwahahahaha

saving the world literally means win win situation for the human, samjang, and OG (upps)

and plus they get a bonus which is a cute little monkey baby 

• Like 2
  • LOL 15

17 minutes ago, chunkyung_8690 said:

LOL!!! Totally agree with your insight! 

In the original novel it is also hinted many times by having intercourse withthe monk can unleash the demons super ability.. i mean i was so gross when watching the show when i was a kid.. 

but now..if hong sisters also adapts this kind of scenario I m all for it!!!! Mwahahahaha

saving the world literally means win win situation for the human, samjang, and OG (upps)

and plus they get a bonus which is a cute little monkey baby 

Oh please let this happen

At first she intended to emptied out her feelings but after staring at the sky sadly with the candy faing she seems to be determined . That scene of her saying i love you for somany times means she emptied out all her feelings to him last night .  

It would be so dumb to do another noble idiocy...

come on...

Rather than seperation i'm inclined to think they have let out all their feelings they supressed all these time  and want to be together no matter what

• Like 10

30 minutes ago, sadpluto said:

Maybe the morning scene will be OG waking up and breaking glass or something realizing his power is now even stronger :tongue:

• LOL 12

35 minutes ago, sadpluto said:

If the Hong Sisters are going this route, I dont mind having the first 15 minutes of episode 19 starting off with this scene HAHAHHAAH plus babies would be inevitable.

No more deaths...just power upgrades.

• LOL 13