[Drama 2017-2018] A Korean Odyssey/Hwayugi 화유기

larus

8 hours ago, corleone said:

Jonathan and SOG's scene a bit awkward for me..one speaking hangul (very little response) the other telling a story in english..doo they really need to promote his accent?

I'm lol-ing at that scene while thinking "does   our monkey  even understand what Jonathan  is blabbering about ?"

maybe he heard the word " baby Sunmi" then he goes " ahaaaaa!!":tongue:

@stroppyse Sunmi has turned into queen of jealousy. She can be quite petty sometimes esp when she got jealous over little Hanbyul's words  lol:tongue:.

In the drama world it's so sweet with what OG did but in real life isn't it a bit creepy when your bf loves you so much so he keeps putting someone to spy on you haha... to the extend of knowing what you eat, who you meet with, and if there's any other man near you, yookgong will aware him ..

that's our monkey style of protecting his girl

as for Buja, poor girl ASN has already used her body to eat humans in order to retain the body. I hope she will at least regain her conciousness for a moment and meet her mother

• Like 3
  • LOL 2

1 hour ago, stroppyse said:

Okay, for a more light-hearted scene from Episode 16, I thought it was really funny when SM was reading the text message from ASN to the group chat room, asking that someone tell her where OG was, or to at least let OG know where she was. SM is upset reading the message from ASN blatantly asking to see OG, but her anger manifests itself as a gust of wind this time as she calls ASN a bad name. So, her assistant Han Joo asks "The wind...where did it suddenly come blowing from?" This serves to rile up SM further as she repeats "wind" and suddenly stands up. LOL. So, the word "wind" is also the word meaning to have an affair. SM is clearly still upset with ASN trying to get her Monkey King, not to mention the way that OG had to "feed" ASN the medicine to get her to sleep.

She eventually sits back down saying that she doesn't need to go anywhere and they should get back to work, but I had to laugh a bit at SM's jealousy, despite OG's previous reassurances that ASN held no attraction for him. She is correctly furious at ASN who wants her Monkey.

Another scene that was funny was how ASN tried to claim that she had eaten something dangerous while inhabiting SM's body, but OG wasn't falling for it at all. He listed off all the things that she had eaten while she was in SM's body, sneering that he had been keeping an eye on her, and that ASN was clearly not aware of Yuk Gong (the stuffed monkey in SM's office). So, now we have proof that the stuffed monkeys do serve as extensions of himself as he wishes them to.

Of course, there was a lot of things in episode 16 that causes anxiety, including that SM and OG still have to figure out their way out of this one must kill the other conundrum. However, there were some of these lighter moments, in addition to the scenes with the baby who is such a charmer, that provided some relief from the relentless anxiety.

Can't even imagine what's coming next. However, @juju84, I'm in the camp of thinking that the shopkeeper's grandson may be MW's son as well.

And, finally, BJ's body at least has eaten human flesh. I don't think she can last long in the world without being a monster, even if she is able to come back to herself. I was wondering why she wasn't able to return to her body when ASN had left to inhabit SM's actually. Still, I hope that BJ is able to come back, even if it's just to say goodbye to everyone, especially PK.

I also LOVED how many times SOG had to tell everyone it was NOT his baby!!!:D And, I lean more towards the shopkeeper's grandson being MW's son.

• Like 6
  • LOL 4

6 hours ago, haymochi said:

In the drama world it's so sweet with what OG did but in real life isn't it a bit creepy when your bf loves you so much so he keeps putting someone to spy on you haha... to the extend of knowing what you eat, who you meet with, and if there's any other man near you, yookgong will aware him ..

that's our monkey style of protecting his girl

In the real world, it would be super creepy to be that monitored. However, none of us in the real world (as far as I know) are Sam Jang with a Monkey King for a protector/boyfriend. :D Since as Sam Jang, SM is in constant danger, I can see how OG just wants to be aware of where she is at all times, and that she's safe. So, it's sweet how much effort OG puts into trying to protect SM, not just physically and spiritually, but also emotionally. :)

4 hours ago, aunniek said:

I also LOVED how many times SOG had to tell everyone it was NOT his baby!!!:D And, I lean more towards the shopkeeper's grandson being MW's son.

:lol: Yes, that was awesome that OG had to tell everyone that it was not his child. Though, MW thinking that the baby resembled OG was the best! And, also makes me wonder if it's a tiny, cute bit of foreshadowing. I mean the white heron did bring the baby to OG after all, and I can see our Monkey King who is a bit of a Peter Pan asking for advice from MW on being a father.  More immortal bonding.

I really, really hope we see such cute scenes in the last episode rather than having to cry or to scratch my head at a weird ending.

2 hours ago, haymochi said:

After all that shouting, complain, and petition by knetz on tvn website we finally get a bts of the main couple lmao

http://m.tv.naver.com/v/2745697

I feel that this is consistent with other previous BTS' which would show a snippet of the OTP. Even the kiss in the bookseller's place BTS showed a lot of the bookseller, and just a bit of the OTP. And, to be fair, there have been BTS that have shown OYS, it's just that they tend to be brief.

Anyway, I thought it was cute that LSG was the one holding the baby and trying to get the baby to stop crying and being unhappy. :) 

For anyone who is interested, here is a translation of the Naver BTS clip. It's titled "Lee Seung Gi (heart) Oh Yeon Seo, what method do they use to placate a crying baby?!"

caption: Trying to wake the sleeping baby, Kim Sung Oh.
caption: Trying to wake the baby, he’s doing all sorts of silly things…
KSO: Peek-a-boo!!
KSO: Go ahead and wake up! Play with ajusshi.
KSO: Is he dead??
caption: ????
KSO: Oh really~ he’s sleeping so well. K K
KSO: There is nothing that ajusshi can do.
KSO: (laughing) He won’t wake up.

KSO: Hello
KSO: I am Lee Han Joon.
caption: #Sam Jang’s right arm #Position without any limits
Interviewer: What do you think of this?
caption: Playing the only human member of the cast, what do you think of spirits?
KSO: Since I personally believe in aliens,
KSO: even though spirits are not aliens,
KSO: still, they probably exist.
Interviewer: Of the spirits’ powers, which power do you wish you had?
KSO: To have Sam Jang’s precognitive ability,
KSO: and win the lottery,
KSO: thus living a life of leisure, I have thoughts of that.
KSO: If I had such an ability, that would be really nice.

MW: You dare to try to bewitch me with that face?!
caption: This time, Cha Seung Won’s rehearsal set
caption: He’s seriously practicing warning off the baby…
MW: I am Ma Wang!!
MW: Ay, peek-a-boo, (silly noises)
caption: However…having been completely bewitched by the baby, Cha Seung Won
MW: Hey, Secretary Ma, go buy a rattle.
MW: Everything the baby wants…aigoo, so pretty.
caption: Like this (meaning CSW is absolutely charmed by the baby, too)

caption: Watching the baby outdoors, Oh Yeon Seo, Lee Seung Gi
caption: The crying doesn’t stop.
LSG: Why why why? What’s wrong?
caption: An aggressive man (me: think they’re making a comment about what a sweetheart LSG is versus his character SOG)
caption: Trying hard to settle the baby down, but…
Director: 1, 2, 3.
caption: it doesn’t look easy…
Director: Action!

caption: Shooting indoors
LSY: Aren’t you warm?
caption: In reality, helping each other affectionately, Par Gye & Ah Sa Nyeo line
Staff: Okay, we’ll go again
LHK: Even if you go, you’ll just suffer
caption: Working even very small details out with the staff until the end…
Staff: Like this.
LHK: Which one is better?
LHK: It’s done!
caption: Till now, it’s been a Hwayugi shooting set full of playfulness.
LHK: That’s right! That’s right!

1 hour ago, stargazer187 said:

@haymochi oh finally!I still feel it's quite short. sighh.. tho, they're so lovely, while he carrying the baby and shesmiles brightly beside him, just like a mom and dad, ahhh... they should give us the proper wedding and HEA for these couple... :wub: I dolove more bts of these two, more petition  motion!! :joy:

here's the screencaps... ahhhh  :love:

I look forward to the day they make beautiful babies together omg.

• Like 7
  • LOL 3

When you’re being dramatic and oppa isn’t having it

hwayugi-son-ohgong-meme.jpg?w=616

K-Drama Reaction: Hwayugi | Episode 16

hwayugi-episode-16.jpg?w=816
Date: February 21, 2018 Author: maknaeahjumma 

To know the end, one should understand the beginning.

The White Heron

hwayugi-oh-yeonah.jpg?w=616

In the midst of a bed scene (I mean, a literal scene where our two main characters were in the bed just sleeping), a white heron visited Son Oh-gong’s (Lee Seung-gi) personal abode. This mystical creature left an adorable baby boy in the Great Sage’s care. This led him and Jin Sun-mi (Oh Yeon-seo) to meet the doctor (Oh Yeon-ah) who helped gave birth to the new Sam Jang. She really helped boost Sun-mi’s confidence by telling her the real story of how she was born.

Full: https://ahjummamshies.wordpress.com/2018/02/21/k-drama-reaction-hwayugi-episode-16/

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

I hope the dialogues btw OG and Sunmi on the bridge is foreshadowing something positive.

Sunmi said she is always scared because she was an ominous child who would bring harm to the people around her. The image of OG getting hurt because of her confirmed her even more  that she will be the one killing him.

But since she heard the doctor explanation , she seems to be relieved and feeling much confident. She said isn't scared anymore , she will become stronger and stronger like OG 

i hope the  scene of her breaking glasses and wind blowing aren't just  for comedic purpose only. Please make her become powerful so she and OG can work together to fight this doom. Powerful couple duo will be super awesome.. her teaser in the poster has been a powerful woman with dark lipstick though

• Like 7

New preview is out !!! Yeah !

What I understood :

SOG : In the time I've been watching you, you became even prettier.

JSM : What to do ? I like a lot.

SOG : I will change for now. Whatever I do, don't be surprise.

JSM : (looking at a pic of KDS) When I met this person, it was strange.

From then on, sorry but I don't understand anymore... ><

ASN : don't understand clearly but she's talking about making someone a son, so maybe she'll make MW believe KDS is his son ? And OMG, is she touching a dead person they buried? It seems there's blood still...

WG & SOG : talking about Samjang but I have no idea what they're saying... My bad.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 13

14 minutes ago, moreenke said:

New preview is out !!! Yeah !

What I understood :

SOG : In the time I've been watching you, you became even prettier.

JSM : What to do ? I like a lot.

SOG : I will change for now. Whatever I do, don't be surprise.

JSM : (looking at a pic of KDS) When I met this person, it was strange.

From then on, sorry but I don't understand anymore... ><

ASN : don't understand clearly but she's talking about making someone a son, so maybe she'll make MW believe KDS is his son ? And OMG, is she touching a dead person they buried? It seems there's blood still...

WG & SOG : talking about Samjang but I have no idea what they're saying... My bad.

I'm afraid that ASN will use KDS as MW's son OMG

Edited by bebebisous33
don't quote videos, gifs and pictures. Remove these next time
  • Like 3
  • Sad 3