[Drama 2017-2018] A Korean Odyssey/Hwayugi 화유기

larus

3 minutes ago, manaic said:

" Red Boy put his hands together in front of his chest, unable to pull them apart; Red Boy, now with his arms immobilized, could do nothing other than lower his head in a bow of defeat"

it's so like shop owner's *grandson... he always hold his mobile phone and noding his head.

Wahaha i read that part but i didn’t link it to the mobile phone. That’s brilliant :D 

• Like 5

I wish they show a flashback of the previous Samjang and the guardian. Like the tragic death of that day. It would've been more meaningful. I do feel upset and sad for the previous guardian. I think she should've lived to help SOG with the fight one last time. She might still have some powers in her. 

SOG, we hope to see that you and SJ will live after the war together. Hope for an alternative to save the world and to destroy the great evil. This deadly fate continuation of SJ and guardians needs to end. 

The Heavenly realms should be punish for their ridiculous plan as well. OG will show them his wrath for sure. :)

I'm positive this drama will have a happy ending, meaning our OTP will be together! 

• Like 13

I seriously think that Oh Gong loves Seon Mi sincerely. Doesn't the GGG hold him off when he does things and Seon Mi doesn't like them? Like he really wanted to get hold of her in the dream but she wants him to run away. So I'm confident that even without the GGG he will still love her.

Praying to the drama gods that the heavenly realm would make both as dieties. Please. After all they've been through, they deserve it

• Like 9

I have feeling that our OTP will be separate again. Gosh, I really hate this. But rather than have sad ending, I choose to let them separate for moments and met again. But please, no reincarnation.

There some details that not have been revealed yet. I meant the small detail. In ep where SM and OG have their date while eating cotton candy, I kept on remember the scene where SM asked whether OG will forget the taste of cotton candy too if GGG is take off and OG reply sweet remains sweet and likes remain likes. Did the OG reply indicate that although the GGG take off, he still loves SM ?

After that, SM is happy hear the reply and she excuse to clean her hand. Actually, she went and buy some lock (elephant lock) I am wondering what she wrote inside it. 

• Like 7

Done watching 15 n 16 in my mother-language subtitle. Feel a lot better now i can fully comprehend things happened the past 2eps. I felt that the White Egret guardian story should elaborate some more to support JSM's character. My guess now is that the key to JSM's lineage is through her Halmeoni. And i really hope more stories from past will be revealed. 

These gods and deities playing with fates and destiny without paying attention to a powerful thing we called compassion. We know precisely these monsters (?), beasts, gods and deities are all capable of having emotions and conflicts related with it. And emotions are often strong motivations to act to things. I like the scene when they were arguing over whether or not taking off the GGG. We watch JSM grew out of her timidness along with 50 grows more humanly.

It seems they are taking baby steps again towards more serious commitment. To admit you are in love and to love someone lively and deathly are 2 very different levels. But at the end of 16 we saw how 50 is so resolute to throw the sword away. There would be nothing in this world to sway him, not even a bounty of his punishments ended. He would protect his SJ, the only woman he would ever loved. And this is the true romance.

• Like 10

After watching ep 16 with subs it's a big possibility that Sunmi might have to summon the evil spirit to her body and then get stabbed :dissapointed_relieved:

apparently ASN has lost all her power to Sunmi. So the calling of the dragon to become a king can't be done by ASN anymore hence she purposely wants Kang Dae sung to meef Sunmi ( and this stupid pig helped ASN once again uuurgh) .

I'm now worried what will Kang Dae Sung, Mawang , ASN , PK, and heaven do to her?

She is  like a little lamb surrounded by wolves.  

I wished the writer would have told Sunmi's story much sooner. It elaborates even more why Sunmi's character is like that... being thrown rocks since she was a kid? That's such a terrible life she has gone through alone.

Even when OG loves her and will do anything to protect her, how can she be happy knowing the fact that the world gonna be banished if she didn't sacrifice herself? But what if she sacrifice herself? She clearly know the fact that's the one left behind suffers more than the one who died.

she is like trapped in every way. Gosh...

• Like 3
  • Sad 6

After back reading suddenly i got this though, the previous Samjang really die and sacrifice his life to save the world but he didn't become deity and that makes the previous guardian feeling lonely and painful for living alone with him. So the question is, if Samjang / Jin Sun Mi sacrifice herself to save the world, would she become deity as the grateful gift from heaven? Heaven is selfish so i think heaven will not make Samjang a deity after her sacrifice. OG maybe knows it, that is why he keep wanting to find a way to protect SM from dead. If i were the great sage equal to heaven Son Oh Gong, then i will threatened heaven "Save Sun Mi and the world or I will destroy this heavenly realm and its army?" :angry: 

Seriously this drama make me wonder and keep guessing what will happen next.

How about we make the possibility list of how OG gonna save SM or otherwise ?

1. OG using his own weapon, golden sea rod to kill the evil without sacrificing SM

2. SM is MW's child so MW will save SM by killing KDS and ASN and prevent the world crush 

.... that's the only possibility that i can think, hahaha don't have any other idea *sigh*

• Like 11

33 minutes ago, dvrels said:

After back reading suddenly i got this though, the previous Samjang really die and sacrifice his life to save the world but he didn't become deity and that makes the previous guardian feeling lonely and painful for living alone with him. So the question is, if Samjang / Jin Sun Mi sacrifice herself to save the world, would she become deity as the grateful gift from heaven? Heaven is selfish so i think heaven will not make Samjang a deity after her sacrifice. OG maybe knows it, that is why he keep wanting to find a way to protect SM from dead. If i were the great sage equal to heaven Son Oh Gong, then i will threatened heaven "Save Sun Mi and the world or I will destroy this heavenly realm and its army?" :angry: 

Seriously this drama make me wonder and keep guessing what will happen next.

How about we make the possibility list of how OG gonna save SM or otherwise ?

1. OG using his own weapon, golden sea rod to kill the evil without sacrificing SM

2. SM is MW's child so MW will save SM by killing KDS and ASN and prevent the world crush 

.... that's the only possibility that i can think, hahaha don't have any other idea *sigh*

Point no 1 seems possible as this will make us see how important the Octopus in this drama. I dont think that the Octopus exist just to tag along with PK.

Point no 2 also seems possible too. I think that Hong sisters want us to believe that MW as a character that potrayed betrayal. MW is the main characters for this drama and I dont think that he will end up together with ASN make the GGG take off and eat SM. Maybe next ep it will reveal who is the child and it really amusing if SM is his child. I believe he will help OG and SM at the end as he is the person that responsible (matchmaker) for them at the first. And if SM is not his child, I still believe MW will help them. Remember that love is MW's weakness. :wink:

• Like 8

33 minutes ago, haymochi said:

Hmm.. ASN told Kang Dae sung "Make thay woman yours"

what is he going to do???!!!!!:cry::cry:

*so worried*

Exactlyyy.. what is he going to do.. ASN losing power and manipulate MW are dangerous combination. She is now powerless so she relies on her manipulating skills. And gosh.. how i was so disappointed PK fell into her again. And aside to that still so curious of what would be Alice's role in the whole story.

• Like 3

Mawang asked SBR "Did the child die?"

SBR: "They did for sure."

"They?" Not "It/He/She?" So is the theory of twins right? Since Koreans don't use pronouns in their sentences, I am wondering if the sub is correct in translating it as "They", plural, instead of singular.

BTW can someone explain what calling forth a Dragon means? Is there  a different meaning to this phrase? Does it mean ASN will call forth a really strong, powerful entity that is as strong as a dragon that will help make KDS the President? Because the bombing is easy to understand. After KDS becomes President, he will start a war, which can turn into a nuclear world war that will wipe out the whole world. This mere fact will make JSM's sacrifice 1000 times bigger than the previous Sam Jang. A nuclear war will not only wipe out humans but it will make the world inhabitable for decades or centuries.

I am not downplaying the previous Sam Jang's sacrifices but the stakes are a lot bigger right now. Maybe this is why JSM was given SOG as the protector because she will need someone equal to heavens to fight off the evil. And maybe this is the reason she will be given deity-hood when the other Sam Jangs weren't? BTW another reason why she will be made into a deity will be because she will get a choice, SOG will say to hell with the world, just live with me in Sereumdong but she will make a conscious choice to sacrifice herself to save the world. I don't think the other Sam Jangs ever had a choice. I am not even sure they knew what was happening when the evil entered their body. JSM will make a conscious choice and that will earn her the position of a deity.

On a brighter note:

Is this a hint hint on the baby's parents? After all not every normal kid can travel back in time. The child will have to be very special indeed.

fgr.jpg

8 hours ago, immortal_piglet said:

I don’t want OG to die as well :( killing OG and making him reincarnate as a normal human is just... killing his entire personality. 

I rmb reading some of the articles before Hwayugi premiered, it was something along the lines of SOG was banished to the earth with his powers sealed, and SJ is the key to unlocking these powers. Maybe with SJ’s help, he is able to unlock all of his potential and stop the big boss.

Some of our chinggus here also theorized OG will receive the golden banded staff from alice, the son of the dragon king of the eastern seas. That is his iconic powerful weapon n would love it if hong sisters incorporates it in the last few eps :) 

in the original novel, he wiped his name, along with the names of other monkeys, from the book of life and death. So he can’t die right? :( 

Also, it will break the hearts of millions of fans. Does hong sisters want millions of samurai swords to be sent to their homes?!

SOG won't die, don't worry. He is too important a character to be killed. They won't kill a powerful immortal being to turn him into a mortal. That would be such an insult.

Ah, is that why the Dragon Prince is sticking around? If so he better get on it. So far, he has been very redundant to the story line. To be honest, that character is the most useless one with no character trajectory whatsoever.

1 hour ago, haymochi said:

Hmm.. ASN told Kang Dae sung "Make thay woman yours"

what is he going to do???!!!!!:cry::cry:

*so worried*

Doesn't this generally mean make her fall for you and marry her? Which is impossible with JSM. So maybe they will take off the GGG with Mawangs help and kidnap her? Just a wild guess here.

And to be noted, when the previous protector talked about JSM's death, the GGG didn't glow and made SOG's heart hurt. He no longer needs the GGG to feel horrified about her death.

• Like 9

In what way will Kang Dae sung does that?

kidnapping sunmi? I can't even imagine :crazy:

Samjang now have the power if she is angry and she will call son oh gong name whenever she is in danger.

hypnotize????? Uuurgh

Taking off  the GGG won't help anything cos at this point it's more like an accessory. Unless there's a plot twist where the GGG is taken off, OG will really forget about her love for her till the last minute

*i'm so gonna put Hong sisters in the sarcophagus if they ever dare to  write that kind of script*

• Like 1
  • LOL 7

Ooww... great possibility for Alice. I mean, she (he) got to stick around for a reason right?

If, and only if, MW & PIF's child is actually children as in twins then it will all be more sensible. The boy dies, but the girl remains. The soul is JSM. Waaah... what a twist :blink:

Calling a dragon i think some kind of a metaphore for a fortune and luck and fame. That all your wishes generally came true and your charisma wins everyone. In that term, smooths KDS penchantry of being a president.

I fear ASN will use JSM's blood to power up herself and summon the power of the universe for KDS's favor. 

At this point i am so sure 50 loves SJ. Only to what degree i have no clue. Because we are still misguided by the GGG. 

And i hate how SBR belittles the existence of GGG. To 50, GGG is a symbol of his devotion, his free will to be tamed. I wish we could see more interactions of JSM and 50 in 17. I need skinship to lighten up this whole darkened progress.

• Like 9

10 minutes ago, ukeindo19 said:

Ooww... great possibility for Alice. I mean, she (he) got to stick around for a reason right?

If, and only if, MW & PIF's child is actually children as in twins then it will all be more sensible. The boy dies, but the girl remains. The soul is JSM. Waaah... what a twist :blink:

Calling a dragon i think some kind of a metaphore for a fortune and luck and fame. That all your wishes generally came true and your charisma wins everyone. In that term, smooths KDS penchantry of being a president.

I fear ASN will use JSM's blood to power up herself and summon the power of the universe for KDS's favor. 

At this point i am so sure 50 loves SJ. Only to what degree i have no clue. Because we are still misguided by the GGG. 

And i hate how SBR belittles the existence of GGG. To 50, GGG is a symbol of his devotion, his free will to be tamed. I wish we could see more interactions of JSM and 50 in 17. I need skinship to lighten up this whole darkened progress.

This!! OG is just scared that without the GGG he could kill her

and yes please let our otp have their moments. After so many teasings, OG deserve to spend the night with his bride lol

• Like 3

And i can still see some doubts lingering on JSM when she was about to take off the GGG. She rmb the part when 50 said he came to eat her. But her unselfish nature won over. Shows why JSM then embodies SJ. Her selflessness and how she use her power to help people around her. How she always been true to her feelings, she never have any ill intention and always treat others nicely. Even when she rebuked her cousin she still doing it politely. And her kind heart makes her so adapt to other people's deepest wound as in MW and the White Egret. Wahhh... so poor uri SJ, if all these good qualities ended up making her sacrifice herself.

• Like 5