Quantcast
larus

[Drama 2017-2018] A Korean Odyssey/Hwayugi 화유기

Of course Og once again will hide the fact about the sword as he already made sure that the sword is sealed.

The heartbreaking scene will be when Sunmi realized that the way to save the world is by  sacrificing  herself. She will get that sword and stab herself in front of OG :dissapointed_relieved::cry:

OG only cares about his Sunmi. He only needs her but Sunmi is different, her heart is attached to this cruel world... she seems so happy with the fact that she wasn't an unlucky baby but someone who can save people.

• Like 2
  • Sad 11

@haymochi It will be too sad. They should discuss this over and find what they can do to stay alive for each other. But I doubt it. If SM dies then OG should die as well after using the sword so they can be together at the end whether they live or not. 

I will blame the heavenly realms for their selfish ridiculous decision to do this from the very beginning for every generation. I may even end up having a grudge on them in this drama if it doesn't turn out well in the end. I will also hate the Hong sisters if they wrote the drama to end up like this. Which the heavens won and it's a continuing deadly fate cycle of guardians and samjangs. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 3

General Meaning of the Lotus Flower

The Lotus is a delicate flower with many layered petals arrayed around a central core. A few different plants from separate families all make up this category, but they all have similar meanings when it comes to symbolism. The plants also look alike and share other characteristics like medicinal and edible value. In general, all the Lotus flowers exude beauty and grace. Most varieties grow in the water of ponds and creeks, lending them an otherworldly quality that makes them mystical enough for religious ceremonies. In the Victorian flower language, the Lotus represented eloquence.

Lotus Flower Color Meaning

The color of the Lotus certainly affects its general meaning as well. The white lotus flower and pink lotus flower from the Nelumbo family are seen as meaning purity and devotion. More passionately colored red, purple, and blue Lotus flower blooms can take on a spiritual meaning of ascension, enlightenment, or rebirth. A green Lotus flower is a beautiful gift for anyone trying to improve their life and start good habits.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 11

6 minutes ago, Liting1 said:

@haymochi It will be too sad. They should discuss this over and find what they can do to stay alive for each other. But I doubt it. If SM dies then OG should die as well after using the sword so they can be together at the end whether they live or not. 

I will blame the heavenly realms for their selfish ridiculous decision to do this from the very beginning for every generation. I may even end up having a grudge on them in this drama if it doesn't turn out well in the end. I will also hate the Hong sisters if they wrote the drama to end up like this. Which the heavens won and it's a continuing deadly fate cycle of guardians and samjangs. 

Now you said it, i think Sunmi and OG will fight and end this fate cycle of guardians and samjang.

the sacrifice that 's gonna  wrench the viewers heart will def happen but maybe in the end the heaven will be touched with their love and grand them becoming deities.

1 minute ago, astrobooy said:

General Meaning of the Lotus Flower

The Lotus is a delicate flower with many layered petals arrayed around a central core. A few different plants from separate families all make up this category, but they all have similar meanings when it comes to symbolism. The plants also look alike and share other characteristics like medicinal and edible value. In general, all the Lotus flowers exude beauty and grace. Most varieties grow in the water of ponds and creeks, lending them an otherworldly quality that makes them mystical enough for religious ceremonies. In the Victorian flower language, the Lotus represented eloquence.

Lotus Flower Color Meaning

The color of the Lotus certainly affects its general meaning as well. The white lotus flower and pink lotus flower from the Nelumbo family are seen as meaning purity and devotion. More passionately colored red, purple, and blue Lotus flower blooms can take on a spiritual meaning of ascension, enlightenment, or rebirth. A green Lotus flower is a beautiful gift for anyone trying to improve their life and start good habits.

Sunmi is pink coloured lotus hence it fits her so well:purity and devotion

• Like 11

Spiritual and Religious Lotus Flower Symbolism

Aside from the Victorian and contemporary meanings for the Lotus, there is a wealth of symbolism tying these flowers to Hinduism, Buddhism, and the ancient Egyptian’s religious practices. The ancient Egyptians used the plant extensively as a symbol in the paintings and carvings left on the walls of temples and tombs. Scholars believe the Egyptians viewed the Lotus as a symbol of rebirth because it appeared to sink at night and rise again in the morning. It is now known the plant simply loses old blooms and adds new ones on a daily cycle, but it is still a potent reminder of reincarnation and the mysteries of the afterlife. The priests and other religious leaders also brewed the flowers to make a tea with sedative and mild psychotropic effects, which heightened their sense for ritual work.

The Lotus meaning in Hinduism is a little different. As ideas were exchanged with Buddhists for thousands of years, Hindu religious leaders began to use the flower as a symbol of peace and eternity. White lotus flowers are usually seen under the feet of deities like Lakshmi, Ganesha, and Saraswati. Brahma, the ultimate creator, emerges from a Lotus as well. This sense of purity arises from the flower’s growing habit of rooting in mud and pushing up through the water to bloom.

The flower’s meaning in Buddhism is similar, but still unique again from the other meanings. The Buddhist Lotus represents:

Patience

Purity

Mysticism

Direct Spiritual Contact

Emptiness from Desire

Victory over Attachments

Enlightenment and the Bodhi State

Love and Compassion for All Things

Self-Awareness

Faithfulness During Spiritual Development

Rising Out of Suffering

These deep spiritual meanings gave rise to a way of sitting known as the Lotus position. The legs are crossed and tucked in a way that makes the bent knees look like the petals of a lotus. It is an important position in both Buddhist meditation and Hindu yoga practices. The soles of the feet are tucked away, which makes it a respectful position to sit in when visiting a temple where exposing the bottom of your feet is considered rude. Another example is the use of the lotus in mandalas, which are spiritual and artistic representations of divine energies and meditation aids in Buddhist traditions.

Cr.flower meanings

Just throwing ideas here for what JSM is looking/ what she will probably do. And sorry for the long post

• Like 7
  • Thanks 5

Watching ep 16 made me realise one thing: our heroine is sharp, sensitive and smart. She is able to notice the emotions of people around her and pays alot of attention to these details.

When OG tells her that the previous SJ and his/her protector received enormous reward and become dieties after fulfilling their mission, would you really think that our heroine fell for that? SM said that it will be more painful for the one that is left behind after the other one dies. She noticed the tears in the previous SJ’s protector eyes when they were about to leave the village. Those soulful eyes shows the sadness and the loneliness of the one left behind. She knows the cruel truth, that one has to be sacrificed, and that the fate of the death bell remains.

i believe our heroine will be a step ahead of OG. Her ability to see the future will help her to complete the mission that only SJ can fulfill. That mission is to sacrifice herself and stop the world from destruction.

• Like 20

Somehow I kept reminding me, that the story could be like Final Fantasy X. There is Sin and yuna had to sacrifce herself to destroy sin. But in the end she summoned all bestias and of course her love tidus (which was a dream) disappeared. Maybe SM can also summon all demons, deitys and monsters away. So that way she can save the world but OG "dies" also. And because OG sacrificed his self and dissapeared, the heaven lets him down on earth as a human afterwards as a reward??

I think OG will find out other ways, so that SM won't die. As we saw he loves her despite of GGG and if it gets removed, he will just listen to his feelings. Which could really lead him to destroy everyone. 

• Like 4

They give me life on Saturday and rip my heart out on Sunday .... i want a happy ending without the being apart for a few of years and meet again storyline which seem to be a favourite ending for k dramas... sigh....

OG to cute to be miserable 

• Like 10
  • Sad 1

Just a random thought, so OG only need to put the super powerful evil spirit to a body, then stab that body with the sword, can Oh Gong put that evil spirit in KDS and then stab him? Or another case OG can kill that evil spirit before it possess SM, so that OG doesn't need to stab SM. I just wish back in previous episode the spirit that protect the tree succeed to kill KDS. I feel so sad after watching ep 16, Sun Mi already knows her fate, to save the world and die :bawling:

Poor OG frustrated to find a way to save his love life. 

The only funny moments was when SM said to OG "Can you work?" OG answer "I can ask for job to Oh Jeong" then SM said "Forget it, keep playing around, I have a lot of money" when SM said she has a lot of money i was like :oB)

• Like 14
  • LOL 5

Has anyone touched on the topic of the white crane/heron seen by the "little brother" when he was talking out loud to himself about bringing OG breakfast, it was while OG and SM were talking in his room....  

White cranes/ storks/ herons have several meanings, this is just a few... 
Longevity (they were believed to live 1000 years), good fortune, wisdom, they carry the dead souls to higher enlightenment, springtime/rebirth...they also mate for life so they are a symbol of fidelity. 

In christianity which I know this lore doesn't center on but I find interesting....they are symbolic of cleansing the world of the devil's influence.

Also....Ratings bounced up a little today: 
                                       Nation wide/ Seoul 

February 18, 2018 4.250% 4.565%
  • Like 14
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, immortal_piglet said:

Watching ep 16 made me realise one thing: our heroine is sharp, sensitive and smart. She is able to notice the emotions of people around her and pays alot of attention to these details.

When OG tells her that the previous SJ and his/her protector received enormous reward and become dieties after fulfilling their mission, would you really think that our heroine fell for that? SM said that it will be more painful for the one that is left behind after the other one dies. She noticed the tears in the previous SJ’s protector eyes when they were about to leave the village. Those soulful eyes shows the sadness and the loneliness of the one left behind. She knows the cruel truth, that one has to be sacrificed, and that the fate of the death bell remains.

i believe our heroine will be a step ahead of OG. Her ability to see the future will help her to complete the mission that only SJ can fulfill. That mission is to sacrifice herself and stop the world from destruction.

This is what I am afraid of, that SJM will foresee that “inevitable fate” and just accept it when that wasn’t decided by her. She needs to fight back, fight alongside SOG since he’s already prepared to take on the whole of the spiritual realm to prevent this fate. But her characteristic is such that she’s willing to spare others pain blah blah blah. She’s noble, i will give her that, but she’s also smart. I think she needs to have that fighting spirit! Use her new powers and fight! 

There are many ways to skin a cat, and just because one way worked before, doesn’t mean it will have to be the same way over and over again. I don’t buy that each time there’s a catastrophic future, someone has to be given the fate of SJ and just die. And its always because that someone who did something probably to offend the heavenly realms and therefore, will have to die after experiencing love, friendship and all.  

Maybe that’s why the old protector showed up. The old protector followed the path that the spiritual realm decided, and therefore, became so alone. I hope SOG, SJM, WM and all the deities wannabe or ex-deities will fight together. 

• Like 12

If someone needs to be sacrificed to save the world, I hope it will be by some twist of circumstances KDS. Let SJ’s newly acquired powers help get her through the sacrificial rites. With some dun dun dun drama of cos to keep us at the edge of the seats. There is nothing like good angst in exchange for a happy ending with all the happy ever after frills.

:huh: But it had better be good. 

Pweeseee.

• Like 6

42 minutes ago, dvrels said:

Just a random thought, so OG only need to put the super powerful evil spirit to a body, then stab that body with the sword, can Oh Gong put that evil spirit in KDS and then stab him? Or another case OG can kill that evil spirit before it possess SM, so that OG doesn't need to stab SM. I just wish back in previous episode the spirit that protect the tree succeed to kill KDS. I feel so sad after watching ep 16, Sun Mi already knows her fate, to save the world and die :bawling:

Poor OG frustrated to find a way to save his love life. 

The only funny moments was when SM said to OG "Can you work?" OG answer "I can ask for job to Oh Jeong" then SM said "Forget it, keep playing around, I have a lot of money" when SM said she has a lot of money i was like :oB)

Woah woah... so Sunmi might be possesed again later?

so her mission is to summon this big evil spirit to her body with her blood  and get stabbed by her guardian? 

I want Og to burn down the world and heaven  already. This is so unfair... she livednas an unclucky kid being bullied and scorned at. Moreover hunted by demons... and her fate is to die????

OG aaah.. i hope you find justice for your honey

this drama is super good. I'm more amazed at the rating which doesn't  describe this amazing drama at all

• Like 11

9 hours ago, tweets said:

Random thought.... the doctor was the previous guardian to the previous SJ. 

And it seems that after she killed the previous SJ, she later on was given charge of the next SJ. 

Meaning the flashback scenes with her taking care of baby SM. 

So makes me think that the baby that just randomly showed up for OG might be the next SJ.

When the doctor said it wasn't time yet... maybe she meant that the baby shouldn't have shown up until after OG had killed SJ???

The doctor was the protector to the previous SJ, but she was not given charge of SM who had been born as SJ. She just recognized upon seeing SM's mother that SM was special and would be someone who saved the world, and of course, as a doctor, she delivered SM. Rather, SM was taken care of by her grandmother throughout her childhood.

OG is SM's designated protector. It just took some time and the geumganggo for him to show up and assume the role.

However, I also wonder whether the next baby is the next SJ, or perhaps SM and OG's baby.   I don't think the doctor may herself know the details. I think the doctor just meant that the baby had had to make a trip before the baby was scheduled to be born. I didn't think there was any more meaning to her words than that.

5 hours ago, juju84 said:

Who knows maybe MW was told that his child's soul won't be reincarnated as a punishment for NCN  stealing other babies' souls to cure hers.

MW had been told that his baby had died, i.e. that Iron Fan had failed to save him despite stealing the souls of human children. It never occurred to him to question that. In episode 16, he asks SB again whether his child had definitely died, and SB had flat out said that the baby had died. Now that the idea has been planted into MW's head and he knows that the heavens don't reveal everything anyway and may even obfuscate things, he can't shake the idea that his child is alive.

5 hours ago, YourHighness . said:

Also, why do I get a feeling that MW will make a deal with ASN to get SOG's GGG out. I don't think the GGG will remain on his hand till the stabbing occurs.

I also think that the geumganggo will be removed from OG's wrist before the final confrontation, though it will be in heavens' interest that the geumganggo stay on OG until he kills SM. As far as everyone else is concerned, the only reason that OG is in thrall to SM is the geumganggo, so they want him to stay by SM's side until he has to kill her. However, I wondered whether SM either by herself or at OG's request will remove the geumganggo to see how OG truly feels about her. All speculation though, at least until the next episode. :)

• Like 11

27 minutes ago, aprilx said:

This is what I am afraid of, that SJM will foresee that “inevitable fate” and just accept it when that wasn’t decided by her. She needs to fight back, fight alongside SOG since he’s already prepared to take on the whole of the spiritual realm to prevent this fate. But her characteristic is such that she’s willing to spare others pain blah blah blah. She’s noble, i will give her that, but she’s also smart. I think she needs to have that fighting spirit! Use her new powers and fight! 

There are many ways to skin a cat, and just because one way worked before, doesn’t mean it will have to be the same way over and over again. I don’t buy that each time there’s a catastrophic future, someone has to be given the fate of SJ and just die. And its always because that someone who did something probably to offend the heavenly realms and therefore, will have to die after experiencing love, friendship and all.  

Maybe that’s why the old protector showed up. The old protector followed the path that the spiritual realm decided, and therefore, became so alone. I hope SOG, SJM, WM and all the deities wannabe or ex-deities will fight together. 

Me too, i'm scared of her ability to see the future will resulted to her finding the sword.

but it's not about fighting the fate and heaven anymore. If the world is at stake, would she just choose herself and let the world be destroyed? Of course not...

i hope they will get to get married and enjoy for a moment before this ultimate heartbreak

lmao did i gain sunmi's power or what? I expected for this article tovbe written with this title and the same haters comments. :D:D:D

http://koalasplayground.com/2018/02/18/hwayugi-episode-15-drops-huge-ratings-3-586-narrative-loses-steam/#comment-520968

• Like 4

Another scene translation, when OG takes the baby he found in his garden and takes it along to MW's for a chat.

MW: Did you make a baby and give birth in one night?
OG: I told you that it wasn’t like that! A white stork left the baby in the garden at Seuramdong.
MW: However, this baby… why? Why does he look like you?
OG: Does that make sense? How can it happen in one night? And, also, because of the medicine that I shared with Ah Sa Nyeo, I just kept sleeping.
MW: Oh. Tsk. Tsk.
OG: Oh right! What happened to her?
MW: Ahh, Ah Sa Nyeo, I lost her.
OG: You lost her? Ma Wang did? How did that happen?
MW: Oh, I’ve become a lot weaker.
OG: Are you that badly off?
MW: That’s right. I still have some spasms left still. And my flesh…oh, it’s so cold. Now, I’m just a spiritless cow.
OG: I’ll go and catch her. Ma Wang, you should rest until you’re completely recovered. (gets up) You’re going to get all better, so don’t worry. (pats MW’s shoulder then leaves)
MW: (notices the baby) Oh, the baby… Hey, you have to take the baby with you! Hey! What am I supposed to do with this baby…? He always brings over troublesome things and entrusts them to me! Huh? Oh, really!
Ma: If Son Oh Gong actually captures Ah Sa Nyeo, then he’ll find out that you deliberately let her go.

(flashback) ASN/BJ: Has the child that Iron Fan bore really died?

MW: Until I’ve determined whether Ah Sa Nyeo’s words were true, I’m going to keep her alive.
Ma: She has just thrown a deliberate pointless suspicion to a susceptible Ma Wang.
MW: The suspicion could be real as well, though. Even if it was only once, the child could have stayed alive. Until the suspicion has been resolved, I won’t believe anyone.
Ma: Even the Great Sage, Equal to Heaven?
MW: Yes, even that rascal. I have to be suspicious of everyone. (baby gurgles, so MW addresses the baby) You, too. Did you come to try to trick me? How dare you try to put me under your spell with that face?! But, you have no chance of that! I’m Ma Wang! (pointing at the baby who grabs his finger) Oh. Coochy-coo. Oh, you grabbed my hand? Oh, how pretty! Hey, Secretary Ma, go and buy some rattles. Whatever the baby wants, I’m going to give the baby everything. Aigoo, the baby is smiling. Aigoo, is that right? (to Sec. Ma) What are you doing, go quickly and buy them! (babytalking to the baby) Aigoo, aigoo, so pretty.

Please note that they never actually indicate whether the baby is a boy or a girl, though the baby seems like a boy to me.

It's that noted resemblance of the baby to OG that makes me think the baby is OG's future child. :)

There is cuteness to the scene of MW warning off the baby in his bitterness and suspicion only to fall instantly under the baby's spell. However, it goes to underline how deeply MW must be hurting at losing his child and thinking about it now, especially while he's suspicious that he had been lied to about his child's death. It's not excusing MW, just underlining his inner softness for babies and his heartbreak.

• Like 17

25 minutes ago, haymochi said:

Me too, i'm scared of her ability to see the future will resulted to her finding the sword.

but it's not about fighting the fate and heaven anymore. If the world is at stake, would she just choose herself and let the world be destroyed? Of course not...

i hope they will get to get married and enjoy for a moment before this ultimate heartbreak

Sorry to cut your post!

The thing is, it doesn’t have to end this way. Who decided that the only way to prevent catastrophe is for a SJ to die? It’s one solution that worked in the past but it may not be the only solution.

It’s very romantic notion and all. SJ’s death will be like Jean’s death in X-Men 3, when Jean, the love interest of Wolverine, became the Dark Phoenix. She became hell-bent on destroying the world and that was when Wolverine had to be the one stabbing her. I really hope that’s not how this show will end. 

For that matter, whatever happened to the old SJ after he/she was stabbed by his/her protector? Did that previous SJ become a deity? Seems like it’s another stupid joke from the spiritual realm.. separating that couple, and all they are good for - punishing people over and over again. New management is needed! 

I am so riled up by the Spiritual realm and all their methods so far. :confused:

• Like 8

37 minutes ago, haymochi said:

lmao did i gain sunmi's power or what? I expected for this article tovbe written with this title and the same haters comments. :D:D:D

http://koalasplayground.com/2018/02/18/hwayugi-episode-15-drops-huge-ratings-3-586-narrative-loses-steam/#comment-520968

I read the article just now as well as some haters comments.. I just think the rating drop last saturday due to olympic..Plus, even I Am Not A Robot also facing low rating before,but still it is one of the most popular drama..

When some said that there are no chemistry between LSG and OYS, I can't agree with them.. Because I can feel their chemistry since episode 1.. they both had done a great job potraying SJ& SOG..In fact all the actors did a great job..  I can't imagine any other actor/actress can take their place in Hwayugi..The storyline might not be interesting for some but it really interesting and enjoyful for me and my friends too.. We waiting patiently each weekend to watch Hwayugi live..

Can't wait for the next 4 episodes... Hope it will ends well for SOG & SJ... really hope they can have HAPPY ENDING... 

• Like 9