[Drama 2017-2018] A Korean Odyssey/Hwayugi 화유기

larus

Hmm.. 100% makes sense that the shopkeeper grandson is Mawang's son.

He seems to be suspicious and looks like he haㄴ an evil side too. 

With so many evils in the drama idk how can our otp survive this

i hope Sunmi gaining power will help her to go against those evils without having to sacrifice herself.

Oh the baby that was sent to OG... must be his and Sunmi future baby?

gosh i miss Sunmi in pretty clothings already.  I realize that when she is as samjang her eyeliner is almost non existent and her lips are really pale

• Like 8

@PororoQueen same sentiments haha I've even downloaded it in HD. Seunggi's portrayal of SOG particularly when ASN tried to lure him was daebak  his face really can speak a thousand words hahaha

If only they can be together again in the entire episode I don't mind shouting every time they will hug or hold hands. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 6

I feel like Sunmi is too nice and calm that you just want to protect her but i love her to be more fiesty like when they are fighting on the bed in the beginning of ep 16 lol

5 hours ago, Wotad said:

i do think its olympics , i hope it can hit a new peak for its final episode. 

I hope it can gain its peak again too but what to do... i would forsake watching a drama when my country is gaining momentum. 

Drama? There is always re-airing and can watch the raw online anytime  haha 

• Like 5

17 hours ago, kjesin said:

Shop Owner: Without that sword, can SJ be safe?

SBR: I think so. But that(sword) definitely won't disappear.

SO: What if SOG won't use that sword?

SBR: If he wants to protect SJ without that sword, the great sage will have to sacrifice his life.

OG: The sword that I will have to kill SJ with, don't appear in this world again.

THIS. 

The reason why the sword needs to pierce SJ is so that the sword will receive SJ’s power of the blood. Only then, the sword will be strong enough to destroy the demon.

so if OG doesn’t use the sword, SJ is safe. But that would mean that OG will have to use all his power to defeat that demon. He will have to pay with his life to protect SJ and save the world.

heavens how could you be so cruel? Why don’t you almighty gods go save the world then?! Why won’t you just let them be happy and give birth to cute monkeys?

also, i feel like SJ will foresee OG dying from trying to kill the demon. She will try everything to prevent it for sure. Somehow, she will find that sword in sereumdong and stab herself and the demon.

Omagad. Please grant her divinity if she really makes that sacrifice. :’( 

• Like 8
  • Sad 6

Samjang blood is the answer bur  i wonder if the previous samjang have this powerful blood like Sunmi as well?

i think the image of woman with black veil might be Sunmi under possesion of the devil.

i wonder how though? ASN is already too weak and pathetic as her power been transferred to Sunmi

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, haymochi said:

Samjang blood is the answer bur  i wonder if the previous samjang have this powerful blood like Sunmi as well?

i think the image of woman with black veil might be Sunmi under possesion of the devil.

i wonder how though? ASN is already too weak and pathetic as her power been transferred to Sunmi

Omg killing SJ because she is possessed will be even sadder :(

honestly, they said whoever who eats SJ will gain great power right? Erm.. can’t OG “eat” her in another way? You know.. like the manga Black Bird :flushed:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Bird_(manga)

i mean the plot line is somewhat similar HAHAHA. 

• Like 4
  • LOL 2

I don't know if someone said it before (I can't find it) but I think the baby is OG and SJ child and that's why OG can calm it.

After all, the baby isn't born yet and that could be their futur own.

I think OG will die with SJ pregnant and knowing is baby before that is his gift.

• Like 4
  • Sad 8

16 minutes ago, immortal_piglet said:

Omg killing SJ because she is possessed will be even sadder :(

honestly, they said whoever who eats SJ will gain great power right? Erm.. can’t OG “eat” her in another way? You know.. like the manga Black Bird :flushed:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Bird_(manga)

i mean the plot line is somewhat similar HAHAHA. 

Yes OG please "eat" her already so you can be the most powerful one :tongue:

i hope thay baby is indeed theirs. MW keep saying he resembles OG lol. Please not let it be a reincarnation of him or whatever

• Like 8

1 hour ago, yusefull said:

I don't know if someone said it before (I can't find it) but I think the baby is OG and SJ child and that's why OG can calm it.

After all, the baby isn't born yet and that could be their futur own.

I think OG will die with SJ pregnant and knowing is baby before that is his gift.

Can we please a happy ending one with them having the baby hence OG and SM will fight together  to protect their  baby and the world. 

I don't want any scenario with OG dying with  SM pregnant.. it's another cruel fate for Sunmi

if hong sisters ends it that way i'm gonna burn the world down so they can't write anymore:crazy: 

• Like 5
  • LOL 9

3 minutes ago, haymochi said:

Can we please a happy ending one with them having the baby hence OG and SM will be fight together  to protect their  baby and the world. 

I don't want any scenario with OG dying with  SM pregnant.. it's another cruel fate for Sunmi

if hong sisters ends it that way i'm gonna burn the world down so they can't write anymore:crazy: 

I love happy endings too and want one (I think we will have one too) but for now it's the logical thing for me with what I know.

The only thing that I am kind of sure is that OG alive and SJ dead is impossible because OG would destroy heaven.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, immortal_piglet said:

THIS. 

The reason why the sword needs to pierce SJ is so that the sword will receive SJ’s power of the blood. Only then, the sword will be strong enough to destroy the demon.

so if OG doesn’t use the sword, SJ is safe. But that would mean that OG will have to use all his power to defeat that demon. He will have to pay with his life to protect SJ and save the world.

Sorry for cutting your post,. 

How if SOG change their deadly fate by using his own weapon, golden sea rod, instead of using the sword which need SJ blood to kill the devil? If OG succeed with this theory then SM and OG will be save, and gonna live the normal life as they want to. Remember that uri OG is the most powerful deity and even equal to heaven (but hopefully SM will not make him weak in their biggest fight to end the world crush). Hope SM will honest to OG if she see the future of their fight, not decide to sacrifice herself without telling OG because if SM and OG aren't work together then one of them need to die. Hope OG will honestly tell the truth (about his plan) to SM too. Team work please, uri otp, jebaaaaal *I'm begging begging begging  begging you (Maroon 5 - wait, turn on hahahhaha)*

• Like 8

I suppose that SM will take off the bracelet in order to save OG. I think she would sacrifice her love to save OG coz she knows that OG rather will use all his powers to protect her and save the world then let SM get hurt. Actually I’m absolutely sure that OG is truely in love with SM with or without the bracelet. 

• Like 11

Bubs in Episode 16 was so cute. No wonder even a devilish dealer like Ma Wang was smitten. LOL. After sharing 16 episodes with him, I can see him as a doting dad.

While I've missed the more episodic monster-of-the-week stories, I understand why they've had to go down this road. Sooner or later they had to get to setting the stage for the doomsday prophecies to unfold in reality. The coming of ASY was obviously a variable, her trying to swap bodies with JSM another and then her encounters with the good-looking but shady professor of history who has earth-threatening ambitions.

In recent days Ma Wang has been discovering things and has concluded, not surprisingly, that the entity known as the heavenly realm has been feeding lies to him. He finds out that accruing points to become an immortal or deity in order to lift the karmic curse on his wife was probably not really necessary. Then he finds out that his son is still alive. (At least I think that's what the C-subs say). I can see why he thinks he's been lied to but I can also see why they haven't told him everything or concealed information from him until now. For a thousand years, they've kept him on a leash and he's generally been well-behaved because he thinks it's in his best interest to do the right thing by the powers that be. Also getting him to do his daily good has been a kind of penance. If we think that MW is dodgy right now brokering deals with ASY, can we imagine what he's like if there's no behaviour management programme to keep him in check. So it doesn't take a rocket scientist to understand why they deliberate hidden crucial information. Moreover, this is, I imagine, part of the learning process for him. The suffering that he has had to go through to finally be reconciled with his family is part of a bigger picture that he's not even thinking about because MW is primarily concerned about MW.

It seems that in this universe Samjang is a messianic figure that comes whenever a big crisis is on the horizon. When a number of things align and come to a head, Samjang will make the necessary sacrifice to save humanity and the world in whatever form is required. Whatever it is SJ will have to do, blood is involved because it's been blood from Day 1 and then there's the death bell. One moment SJ will cause Monkey's death and then it's Monkey who will have to stab SJ the next.

So what are we to make of these prophetic utterances? I don't know how much of it we should really believe especially when we know that the heavenly realm drip feed information. First of all, I don't think we have the big picture of what the death bell signifies still. So far everyone is bogged down by the fact that OG will be killed by SJ only because of the geumganggo. Now of course, with the appearance of the sword, apparently OG will end up killing SJ. Secondly, SJ has seen apocalyptic visions and has been informed that she has to save the world. When she first saw them in the big earthen jar, the context wasn't clear. Now of course, everything points to the Professor at the moment although we have no idea how that will play out yet. And then there's the geumganggo... I'm still not convinced that it's the direct cause of OG falling for SM and it's the one thing tethering him to her. That's what we keep getting told but it seems to me that the bracelet is only activated when OG goes against SM's expressed will.

From what's been going on with MW, it seems to me that the heavenly realm is... I wouldn't exactly use the word "untrustworthy". But it clear that TPTB that run the place don't give out information freely. They give out what they need to at any given time or allow certain facts to come to light at certain times but they never reveal the whole picture all at once. It makes sense not to of course. If SOG had known everything the day JSM freed him from the mountain, he may not have step foot outside. If JSM had known the bracelet would bring so much heartache and angst, she'd not have used it.   

After 5 paragraphs... LOL all I'm saying is that after everything we've seen and heard, it wouldn't surprise me if the prophecies only tell us half the story.

• Like 16

I don't mind Mawang taking revenge on heaven or whatever since heaven is a richard simmons in this drama

but what makes me sick is her desire to eat samjang. He has no remorse at all

after watching ep 16, OG lied again to Sunmi about the previous samjang ending. He said that they finished their mission so well that they became deities.

i think he needs to tell her the truth about her fate so she can fight it. If not it will def end in a very sad sacrifice

• Like 9

Isn't that an old pic of her when saying goodbye to everyone?

i kinda miss her too but looks like ASN will still be using her body for some time as she has lost her power now

Please spoil us with lots of stills cut of the otp this week too. Maybe a marriage still cut???

• Like 3

Hwayugi: Episode 16

by girlfriday

hwayugi16-00124a.jpg

Is it too much to ask for just one hour of romance without any mention of apocalypses, deadly fates, or eternal suffering to ruin the moment? I know the answer to that question, but I feel the need to ask it anyway, the same way that Show feels the need to fill me with dread every time we get too secure in our happiness. C’mon, give a monkey a break, will you?

EPISODE 16 RECAP

Read more http://www.dramabeans.com/2018/02/hwayugi-episode-16/

• Like 14
  • Thanks 2