[Drama 2017-2018] A Korean Odyssey/Hwayugi 화유기

larus

10 minutes ago, annie1234 said:

I love when in some articles there were reported about them joking and teasing each other but I was kinda sad to see the bts when we only saw them being serious and quite distant to each other. Please PD-nim, just release full video of our OTP joking around together :huh:

The bts of this drama have been done really poorly lol

it's just like showing the same scene in the drama

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

JSM has always been so reserved due to her bad childhood that I hope her opening up to OhGong (albeit in a drunken shape) can help OhGong understand her fears more and also allow JSM to release some stress she is currently facing.

I don’t see her as coward or wishy-washy or that she don’t love OhGong enough to fight alongside with him. But he is so dear to her that the thought of losing him is too much for her to bear. Esp when she has grown up ostracized being the bad omen child who “kills” everyone she cares about.

But also knowing OhGong’s stubbornness and defiant nature, she fears that he will just go against everything to protect her. And if that source and motivation of that protection is really just GGG then it is quite unfair to OhGong too. Means she is really just using him for her own protection.

I think only without the GGG can she (and OhGong himself) be certain that all these are sincere. And she also rightly said, if after GGG is removed and OhGong still finds her pretty, she will definitely grab onto him. I think she is just being fair to both parties, to have a chance of having a relationship based on sincerity.

Her belief in the Love Bell isn’t superstitious. In my opinion, it is her, trying to find some clue that this relationship doesn’t change after GGG is removed. Her achilles heel to fully immersing herself into this relationship is always the GGG. But she is afraid to remove the GGG now as she knows she doesn’t stand a chance against the world catastrophe she fated to prevent without OhGong.

So to try to make my story short (hee), I am not frustrated with JSM nor the story. Everyone is acting their true nature. While they have character development for most, their true nature did not change. I don’t believe one becomes a saint just because he is in love and I am glad OhGong kept his menacing nature while still being able to selflessly love JSM, GGG induced or not. 

• Like 15

Praying that they will show the NG next time. They haven't got to show all the casts quirkiness at all.. although i should be grateful enough that OYS wasn't invisible in the bts anymore

As for Sunmi and Oh Gong. They can't seperate from each other for noble idiocy anymore. Cos no matter what they have a mission to finish...

Sunmi looks really weak sometimes i agree but i realize it's true that she has never shown her vulnerability at all unlike OG who is really straighrforward. 

I hope thus confession scene will be a poignant scene where OG will understand what she went through and how much she loves him.

Why must it be shown on ep 18? Can't they show it on Sat .. i'm so hungry for my otp :crazy:

• Like 8

I was just rewatching episode 15. 

There was the scene where summer fairy came out of winter frost’s body. And Buja’s body was just sleeping soulless nearby on a chair. 

Question: why couldn’t summer fairy go into that body? Or for Buja to go back into the body? From past demons who possessed humans even when the humans were not dead, I’m sure possession this time can be done too, can’t it? 

Also so why didn’t take think of burning the body of Buja so that ASN will never get back into Buja’s body and at the same time, fulfilling Buja’s wish. 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, butterflyeffect said:

New bts video 

http://tv.naver.com/v/2752317

It looks like LSG+OYS became closer and it looks like such a good atmosphere on set... hopefully they'll show us more (even though only 4 episodes left). Also, Hongki singing LSG's song was cute. haha

I can see people being unhappy about the OTP in this BTS as well, but here's a translation of this BTS anyway. :)

caption: Now shooting a tussling(?) sofa scene, Cha Seung Won, Lee Seung Gi
MW: I don’t like it.
MW: Oh! I truly don’t like it! Really!!
Director: Cut!
Director: Next scene.

caption: Next, the scene happening on the staircase.
Staff: We’re going now!
caption: Lee Seung Gi, Oh Yeon Seo shooting an action scene
Staff: We could just not stop shooting.
OYS: 1, 2, 3 (throwing herself backwards)
caption: For the sake of a different shot, matching their actions, the two actors
Staff: That’s right. It’ll be fine if you do that.
LSG: Just come like this.
caption: Without sparing their bodies, focusing passionately on the shooting…
LSG: Yes, you can see the face.
OYS: So, this.
LSG: Yes, isn’t that better than this? (me: he's talking about grabbing OYS under her arms versus on her arms)
OYS: Yes. Yes.

caption: Consulting back and forth with the director, Lee Seung Gi
Director: It’s not enough like Oh Gong
caption: This time, opening eyes wide and standing in front of the camera, Lee Seung Gi.
LSG: I’m practicing not closing my eyes. K K

caption: Next shooting is the three people waiting.
caption: Seeing the camera and happily greeting it, Lee El.
LSG: Ah! My stomach is too full.
LHK: Because of Seung Gi hyung, I can’t lose any weight!!
LSG: Back when we were at the truck, you seemed to eat a lot. (me: think he is talking about a food truck?)
LHK: I ate one piece of blood sausage intestine
LHK: And a piece of lung.
LSG: What are you talking about?!

caption: Now they are starting to shoot…
Director?: Hey, on set. Hi!
caption: Just before the shooting, suddenly they burst into laughter
LSG: You’re going to do it seriously, right?
LHK: Of course, we’re going to do it seriously.
LSG: Sorry. I’m really sorry.
caption: After bursting, a minefield of laughter. K K K K K K K K

caption: Being serious, the shooting starts again.
Director: Cut! That’s finished!! Okay.
caption: This is the way that this laughter filled shoot was finished.

LE: Hello
caption: Cutely greeting the camera, Lee El.
Interviewer: When Woo Ma Wang becomes a deity, will you follow along with him??
LE: No, I’m not going.  If I’ve served him this long, then I also should be free. K K
LE: I’ll live well freely by myself.
LE: Whether I become an abandoned dog or a stray dog
Interviewer: You should say a catchphrase for us
LE: Should I kill it??

Edited by Guest
added YT version of video

Not very good. But roughly it is as such;

살인을 일삼는 정체불명의 좀비에게서 자신의 기를 느낀 우마왕(차승원)은 그 동은 
천계가 나찰녀(김지수)와의 아들을 숨겨왔다고 확신하기 시작한다.

한편 선미(오연서)의 희생을 막기 위해 악귀가 쓰일 인간을 직접 찾아 나선 오공(이승기). 
오공은 오정(장광)의 그룹 후계자로 화려하게 인간들의 사교계에 데뷔하고,
여러 유명 인사들을 만난 끝에 드디어 강대성(송종호)과 대면하게 되는데...

MaWang sensed his energy (Ki) from an unidentified murdered zombie and firmly believes the heaven has hid the son he had with NaChal.

Separately, for the sake of preventing SunMi’s sacrifice, Oh Gong looked for the human that is making use of evil spirits.

OhGong made use of OhJeong’s Group to be appointed as his successor and through the connections, met up with many famous people and eventually managed to meet up with Kang Dae Sung face to face.
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 13

Ah so the text preview proves my prediction right of ASN using a dead body to call the "Dragon" and making MW believe it's his son. Eesh, I was kinda hoping MW would prove me wrong and not fall for her trick. KDS was too public a figure for ASN to pretend that he was MW's son. Plus SOG knows ASN intends to make him the "King" so MW would have been easily warned off. But an unknown Zombie son is believable. MW will be on fire to get revenge and will even agree to sacrifice SJ and let them use her blood to save his "son". Maybe he will even try and feed JSM to his Zombie "son". 

• Like 6
  • Sad 6
  • Thanks 1

Watch: Lee Seung Gi Cracks Up “Hwayugi” Cast Behind The Scenes

Lee-Seung-Gi-Lee-El-Lee-Hong-Ki-Cha-Seun

The new clip shows the drama’s cast rehearsing and joking around on set between takes. Cha Seung Won and Lee Seung Gi barely manage to finish filming a comic scene on a sofa before bursting into laughter, while FTISLAND’s Lee Hong Ki and Lee El can’t stop cracking up during filming because of the amusing expression on Lee Seung Gi’s face.

When Lee Seung Gi complains, “I’m too full,” Lee Hong Ki turns to the camera and reveals, “I’m unable to lose weight because of Seung Gi hyung.”

The video also features a more serious side of the “Hwayugi” stars. Lee Seung Gi and Oh Yeon Seo show off their teamwork as they diligently rehearse an action scene in which Lee Seung Gi catches Oh Yeon Seo as she falls backwards.

https://www.soompi.com/2018/02/21/watch-lee-seung-gi-cracks-hwayugi-cast-behind-scenes/

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

25 minutes ago, YourHighness . said:

Ah so the text preview proves my prediction right of ASN using a dead body to call the "Dragon" and making MW believe it's his son. Eesh, I was kinda hoping MW would prove me wrong and not fall for her trick. KDS was too public a figure for ASN to pretend that he was MW's son. Plus SOG knows ASN intends to make him the "King" so MW would have been easily warned off. But an unknown Zombie son is believable. MW will be on fire to get revenge and will even agree to sacrifice SJ and let them use her blood to save his "son". Maybe he will even try and feed JSM to his Zombie "son". 

I'm so disappointed in Mawang.

How can he be so easily manipulated by the evil witch again and again?

He will want to avenge heaven and harm sunmi

*sob*

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

Ahhh Mawang sense the Zombie that so-called his son through his ci. I see. I feel something wrong here.

In previous ep (15) Mawang can detect SunMi is alive through SJ's blood in his body right ? Well, I dont think so. It could be he sense through his ci but he might do not aware about it. 

Someone just mentioned about the statues at the opening of the drama. There are three statues which are OhGong, Mawang and Sunmi. It might sound silly but I believe three of them play the important role in saving the world.

• Like 11

12 minutes ago, haymochi said:

I'm so disappointed in Mawang.

How can he be so easily manipulated by the evil witch again and again?

He will want to avenge heaven and harm sunmi

*sob*

Mawang has been steadily disappointing me from the start. It began by him sending a child in SOG's prison, then of course it was an upward trend with his manipulations getting worse and worse. But this is the limit. He knows ASN's tricks. He knows she gave her idea to save his wife because she wanted to exchange her souls with JSM. He knows she never does anything without having an ulterior motive and still he is choosing to believe in her. I just can't with him anymore.

I am pretty sure now that he will either have ASN try and remove the GGG or he will guilt JSM into removing it so JSM is left without any protection. Much easier for him to eat her and share it with his Zombie son so they can fight heaven.

I am honestly so amazed with the Demons and Gods in the show. They still think SOG's feelings for JSM is all GGG. Even though they clearly saw SOG not being moved at all when ASN was in JSM's body. He even tried to strangle her for Gods's sake and moved heaven and earth to get her back. How is that not a clue that his feelings are deeper than just compulsion. I mean compare how his love was when he'd newly worn the GGG and now? The difference is astounding!

• Like 17

1 hour ago, juzluvpink said:
살인을 일삼는 정체불명의 좀비에게서 자신의 기를 느낀 우마왕(차승원)은 그 동은 
천계가 나찰녀(김지수)와의 아들을 숨겨왔다고 확신하기 시작한다.

한편 선미(오연서)의 희생을 막기 위해 악귀가 쓰일 인간을 직접 찾아 나선 오공(이승기). 
오공은 오정(장광)의 그룹 후계자로 화려하게 인간들의 사교계에 데뷔하고,

Another translation of the written preview.

Feeling the energy of an unknown murderous zombie, Woo Ma Wang starts to become certain that the heavens have been hiding the son that he had with Na Cheol Nyeo (Iron Fan).

Meanwhile, in order to prevent the sacrificing of Seon Mi, Oh Gong himself finds a person who is used by evil spirits. Oh Gong takes on the role of being the heir of Oh Jeong’s Group and makes his debut in human society, and after meeting many famous people, finally comes face to face with Kang Dae Sung…

58 minutes ago, YourHighness . said:

Mawang has been steadily disappointing me from the start. It began by him sending a child in SOG's prison, then of course it was an upward trend with his manipulations getting worse and worse. But this is the limit. He knows ASN's tricks. He knows she gave her idea to save his wife because she wanted to exchange her souls with JSM. He knows she never does anything without having an ulterior motive and still he is choosing to believe in her. I just can't with him anymore.

I am pretty sure now that he will either have ASN try and remove the GGG or he will guilt JSM into removing it so JSM is left without any protection. Much easier for him to eat her and share it with his Zombie son so they can fight heaven.

I am honestly so amazed with the Demons and Gods in the show. They still think SOG's feelings for JSM is all GGG. Even though they clearly saw SOG not being moved at all when ASN was in JSM's body. He even tried to strangle her for Gods's sake and moved heaven and earth to get her back. How is that not a clue that his feelings are deeper than just compulsion. I mean compare how his love was when he'd newly worn the GGG and now? The difference is astounding!

Right?

actually even if Sunmi takes off the GGG, it won't do anything.

OG already fell in love too deep with no wat out. The Great Sage equals to heaven is ready to do anything just to protect Sunmi.  From ep 16, what i get is he will never let her die..

he did know that she is human that will die someday.. but from that one scene with sunmi, it looks like he wants her make her immortal so he can be with her for eternity ( hence he is so desperate to make this marriage happens)

Even without the GGG, Sunmi still can call him due to their contract. I hope Sunmi's power is the hidden key for her to defeat ASN

• Like 12