[Drama 2017-2018] A Korean Odyssey/Hwayugi 화유기

larus

24 minutes ago, Cayu18 said:

@briseis only thing is that son oh gong is not a demon. The monkey king was born from stone and gained his power through Taoist practice. He rebeled against heaven hence why he was thrown out. Being thrown out of heaven does not make him a demon. MW, PK, SM they are demons. MW is trying to reach deity status by Taoist practice. This just tells me that no matter your origin in the universe of this mythology deity status can be reach through Taoist practice. But before he rebeled monkey king must have learned the basics  and 3 treasures of Taoist practice which are compassion, frugality and humility.  He may not practice them now but to gain his power he must of practiced them and applied them to his every day living which is why I believe there is such a duality to him and why he finds seon mi so intriguing and in a way intoxicating. She is moving that old learning and instinct in him. I think he is relearning from her, also why he is fighting it tooth and nail no doubt.

That's his origin from the novel but the drama differs in many things including this one. He is a demon and demoted deity in Hwayugi. That's why there is so many ado and comments about him being a "predator" it's mentioned pretty much in every single episode. I don't want to sound passive aggressive in no way but I've noticed that there is a lot of people (even on tumblr), who either read the original book or went to the original novel character's page on Wikipedia, haven't noticed this difference between SOG in the drama and Sun Wukong from the original novel.

SwaArD2.png

• Like 6

About the tragic destiny that one of them has to die :

I think that it will be SM who is supossed (=because I don't think she really will) to die. The fact that she told OG that he may kill her if she betrays him and how OG was betrayed by a human in the past hints to that direction.

The show wants us to believe that it's OG who will be killed but I think a certain situation will arise in which SM has to betray OG (maybe for his sake, to protect him) and that will deliever a strong emotional punch.

That will also be the time when SM takes off the GGG and can be 100% sure about his feelings.

Back in the alley, I think the reason why the monstar deluded OG into thinking that she will kill him, is because they wanted OG to kill her and have a bite.

Of course I might be wrong...

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

4 hours ago, dubuqueen said:

About the tragic destiny that one of them has to die :

I think that it will be SM who is supossed (=because I don't think she really will) to die. The fact that she told OG that he may kill her if she betrays him and how OG was betrayed by a human in the past hints to that direction.

The show wants us to believe that it's OG who will be killed but I think a certain situation will arise in which SM has to betray OG (maybe for his sake, to protect him) and that will deliever a strong emotional punch.

I just hope this wont happen, if there suppuses to be sad ending (that i really dont want to even think about it) , but i really want seunngi to die. 

I cant stand watching another drama that seunggi cry becouse of someone he loved dead again. 

Mgig=miho disappeared 

Tk2h= king. Shikung dead

Gfb=yw.and hotel master, mom and dad dead

Yaas=mom. Police chief  dead

Why seunggi is in much pain evey time

• Like 2

I love this show. The romance is SIZZLING!! And the comedy so original?

still dying from slippers scene LMAOOOO!! And WMs dog Secretary always asking should I kill them?? This show is gold, it’s already on my rewatch list and it’s not even finished yet! Usually I wait till a drama is finished before deciding but I love love love this show!!

• Like 5

1 hour ago, astrobooy said:

Seems like k netz dont rly want jonathan lmao . :lol:

Yes they are all asking "when is Jonathan leaving?"

I love him at first for being sincere at first but his constant "Sunmi you are like a fairytale" is greasy hahaha....

It would be great if he has a bigger role like he is a villain . That will be a twist

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

12 hours ago, estrellita1122 said:

I have been thinking that SOG has been protecting jsm from far away this passed 25 years because once the first time they meet he recognized her right away a tease her.

which then raise another question, why wait 25 years? Why did he show up in front of SM now of all time?

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, gutibear said:

which then raise another question, why wait 25 years? Why did he show up in front of SM now of all time?

Agree.. why did he suddenly acknowledge her after 25 years if he had been around all this time?

So I kinda think that he could recognize her at the traffic lights is cos’ they are “contractually bound”.  

However, I do wonder how did she survived 25 years as SJ w/o protection? I mean, surely she must have taken a fall or had a paper cut or something. Unless her grandma’s warning was so powerful that she took so much care of herself. Hmmm. 

• Like 7

10 minutes ago, astrobooy said:

Yeah he is kinda being annoying.  He speaks english well but his korean accent is kinda awkward and i just cringe .:lol:

Lmao his character is indeed cringe

but since his character is from America i think he is a good cast.

i rather have someone who speaks English  fluently with accent in Korean rather than a handsome Korean actor acting like he is from America but speaks Konglish haha

i wonder if his character is just there for bait to make Oh Gong burning with jealousy or will he serve other purpose? 

Maybe his character will die or his haracter is eveil. I need to see some interesting aspect from him since Sunmi herself is already a very serious mature character on her own

• Like 9

12 minutes ago, astrobooy said:

Lol for me i want to see son yook gong to move.:lol: more than jonathan's character its what he says that is cringey lul

I need to see son yook goong reporting and tattling  to his hyung about any man going near his Sunmi lmao

• Like 2
  • LOL 5

1 hour ago, aprilx said:

Agree.. why did he suddenly acknowledge her after 25 years if he had been around all this time?

So I kinda think that he could recognize her at the traffic lights is cos’ they are “contractually bound”.  

However, I do wonder how did she survived 25 years as SJ w/o protection? I mean, surely she must have taken a fall or had a paper cut or something. Unless her grandma’s warning was so powerful that she took so much care of herself. Hmmm. 

Maybe during 25 years heaven protect her with its way and why SOG suddenly meet JSM after 25 years, maybe because the time of the world crush and the hell gate open is coming so heaven decide to make them meet each other because they are the world savers, both of them

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Sry, if this already posted lol

----

[SPOILERS] HWAYUGI E08

Spoiler

201801212222056489275_20180121222322_01_20180121222411159.jpg

1.png

Naver - heraldpop: 'Hwayugi' Lee Seung Gi♥Oh Yeon Seo "To die or be killed" a tragic destiny

1. [+1802, -53] Please, just let them be in love~

2. [+1653, -138] Ah...I hope it's not a sad ending, also until when do we have to see Jonathan?

3. [+1255, -46] Oh Gong, what are you going to do with Sam Jang, It's so sad

4. [+810, -50] The last scene and line..

5. [+364, -10] It's can't be a sad ending, you have to give them a happy ending

6. [+399, -9] Oh Yeon Seo thinks they are soulmates ㅠㅠㅠ It's sad

7. [+338, -14] Malicious comments are likewise linked to an evil sprit...Stop writing malicious comments ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

8. [+333, -11] Please let Oh Gong and Sun Mi be together ㅠㅠㅠㅠ

9. [+320, -8] Oh Gong fell in love with Sam Jung but now i feel sorry for them. Lee Seung Gi's cordi is daebak, he looks so cool

10. [+217, -6] Let's keep the love between Oh Gong and Sam Jang~~

Spoiler

0003702276_001_20180121143030609.jpg

Naver - Osen: 'Hwayugi' Lee Se Young, The lovely and secret zombie

1. [+94, -2] It's fun when Bu Ja comes out ㅋㅋㅋ I hate that she is getting rot more....ㅠ

2. [+74, -1] There is no change in cuteness since 'A Jewel in the Palace'

3. [+60, -3] The zombie is so pretty!ㅋ

4. [+49, -1] She looked beautiful every time she came out in 'The Gentlemen of Wolgyesu Tailor Shop'

5. [+43, -2] She looks cute and lovly

6. [+12, -1] Bu Ja-ah ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ Don't get rot ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ There no way to make her alive again ㅠㅠㅠㅠ

cr

• Like 7
  • LOL 2

8 hours ago, stargazer187 said:

Some clues:

#1 SOG told SM that she only can summon him if she calls him by his name and really think of him, desperately needs him to come. 

But guess he comes to her even before she remembers to summon him. lol. 

#2 The one who puts the GGG is the master of it right? SM puts it on him and activated it with a kiss. So, it explained how GGG can work to begin with. It means that it couldn't be transferred to another new owner that easily right. ^_^

sidenote: there is a similarity with their kiss, both are flustered. At first, OG and now SM. Then because of it, they might confirm their feelings already. 

#3 Frosty and SBR's talks about the real function of GGG. It is like he tells us that GGG is made to make the two to never conceal their real feelings as long as they carry the royal command, saving the world, preventing the hell's gate to be opened. 

My little comment for the #2 ... it seems the kiss activated the bracelet, but I found it interesting that actually SOG himself put on his wrist when want to SG out that picture wedding and she didn’t respond. Might be not a big difference, as SG gave him as a gift, just thought I mention once and here was the chance ;-)

• Like 2

Watch: Cha Seung Won Has Everyone Laughing With His Ad-Libs On Set Of “Hwayugi”

Cha-Seung-Won.jpg

A new making video released by tvN’s weekend drama “Hwayugi” shows Cha Seung Won keeping the atmosphere on set lively with his various ad-libs and jokes!

The majority of the short clip is focused on the scene where Oh Yeon Seo reunites with Michael Lee, and Lee Seung Gi reacts by hugging and kissing Oh Yeon Seo. While Lee Seung Gi and Oh Yeon Seo are completely serious as they focus on their scene together, they can’t help but burst into laughter when Cha Seung Won jumps in at the end with an exclamation. From mischievous facial expressions to funny little dances, the actor knows just what to do to add more humor to any situation.

At one point, he himself starts laughing when Lee Seung Gi accidentally bumps into a chair while walking away. He asks if Lee Seung Gi is okay, and the younger actor responds, “I wanted to leave but it wouldn’t let me.” Cha Seung Won responds with a worried, “No, you bumped into it pretty hard.”

Spoiler

https://www.soompi.com/2018/01/23/watch-cha-seung-won-everyone-laughing-ad-libs-set-hwayugi/

• Like 3
  • LOL 7

okay i love this drama so much but i don't like that they don't gave us the time or a good story to feel the other people or the evil soul and their story's and that sad cause we can feel it more and feel the meaning of SJ and SOG important task by feeling the pain of that so that made me sad every ep's is long enough to gave us that space to feel the story's but i don't feel it since they don't us time, feeling, backstory that make us feel them  (in the past loved the ghost story in MASTER SUN at least i was feeling their pain and their need for help BUT here they just coming and going and don;t left me with any feeling or important why they even show up  ) 

about SJ and SOG love : 

i agree that he start having feeling for her from the start , we could see that she touch his heart and feeling even in the start where he was acting in front of her as monster who only want to eat her but he ending caring for every words she say when she not there , if heaven or whatever who is behind all that really made SOG wear it so he and SJ never know their true feeling since they know that they have feeling for each other and know that they need one of them to kill the other !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

if that true then it crazy and not far , they know from the start it not that it happen after that when they didn't think about it 

i think  next ep will show at least for SOG himself that his feeling is real since he will have to choice who the one who will be his heart master , i think SOG power is more then what anything can stop or control him , and when he really want to run from anything he can handle any pain and be free , the only reason he didn't do that with SJ cause he really didn't want to eat her and harm her  from the start and what happen just gave him a logic reason to gave up on eating her , but when her life in danger and  in the same time his heart in other one control he will show how powerful , smart, crazy and lairs  and can  be free from that fake love 

MW and SOG 

wow this two , i really want to know what happen to MW wife and what happen in the past between MW and SOG , SOG show last week that he was angry from MW to the point if it wasn't him he would fight him to death , but he didn't since it MW and that fight mean that SOG going to kill him 

they for sure care for each other so much , like a really friends no matter how they show how much they hate each other but i keep feeling that there more , there something also that connect this two , a reason that SOG still don't want to harm MW or leave him alone , it like he feel bad for him about something or feel that he did something wrong to him in the past 

• Like 3