Quantcast
Go Seung Ji

[Drama 2018] My Mister, 나의 아저씨 - Best Drama at 2019 (55th) BaekSang Arts Awards

HK Open TV is airing My Mister. 

hkopentv_zpseywdesda.png

It might interfere with the artistic quality of each episode, but they edited the 1-hour-plus episodes into 45-minute episodes. And!! The series is dubbed in Cantonese. However, the live streaming is only open to those on site in Hong Kong. 

I also found this on Youtube, not sure if it has been shared here before, since it was first posted four months ago. I like the caution that we should respect the residents in this nice neighbourhood.

I wish I could watch Skycastle. One day I will and join you all at the thread. Right now, I will have to make do with another "spy" movie "Operation Finale".

On 1/24/2019 at 11:27 PM, justamom said:

I hate to make the comparison, but does anyone else see the similarities?

James’s new hero Maxim inherits his family’s noble title after a tragedy. “It’s a role he’s not prepared for and one that he struggles to face,” said Arrow. “But his biggest challenge is fighting his desire for an unexpected, enigmatic young woman who’s recently arrived in England, possessing little more than a dangerous and troublesome past. Reticent, beautiful, and musically gifted, she’s an alluring mystery, and Maxim’s longing for her deepens into a passion that he’s never experienced and dares not name.”

https://www.theguardian.com/books/2019/jan/24/el-james-returns-with-passionate-new-romance-the-mister

YES! Maxim is the name of Lee Ji An's favourite coffee. That is why *the* mister is called Maxim. Ah, so obvious...

• Like 2
  • LOL 3

On 1/31/2019 at 8:54 AM, oldschooler said:

It might interfere with the artistic quality of each episode, but they edited the 1-hour-plus episodes into 45-minute episodes. And!! The series is dubbed in Cantonese. However, the live streaming is only open to those on site in Hong Kong. 

They dubbed over LSK's voice? Sacrilege!!

Thanks for sharing that youtube video. Never saw that before. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

Piano covers for Adult and Ordinary Day, so beautifully arranged and played. Gosh, I miss this drama. :bawling:

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I miss it, too.

My mixtape function on Youtube Music played "Dear Moon" today during my daily fight with the traffic jam and I started tearing up.

I feel like this show will never completely fade in our hearts, this warm + bittersweet feeling.

It's sad that many of the subbed versions are disappearing. I hope Viki picks it up someday.

• Like 6

For whom missed my ahjussi :blush:

This uploader made a beautiful editing seems he/she made it related to the circumstances or by the topics.

Very nice and simple for we who love this drama but didn't have much time to engage in front of tv for 1 hour to spend 

I really enjoyed even without sub. because 90% of the conversation still embedded in my mind and i felt refreshed because i just have to concentration in the actors  acting.

Jian..gratitude 

Jian...learn a live lesson from dear Ahjussi.

• Like 5

Jian...mocking eyes 

Jian...snapped line"it's rude asked others father occupation just to measure  what kind of person i'm '

• Like 5

How to cried ugliest but happily in same time:fearful:

This beautiful drama still made me lost in Jian world:tears:

• Like 5

:wub:loves Jian please reach the comforts been blessed .

So apparently many people adores our Jian too:love:

• Like 6

Another video about My Ahjussi filming locations, but only focused on the railway crossings.

Click cc for English sub.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Hope everyone is having a good start to the new year!!!

@Yana Mujay Thank you for posting all those video clips! I really appreciated the video of IU singing the Christmas song. I thought of the lyrics "in your eyes, in your face, in the way you hold my hand".  It reminded me of the ending of MA. How DH smiled so brightly and how tightly he held JA's hands. That song was very nice.

@widala Thank you also for all your clips! I don't know where you find them but I really get my MA addiction fed by all your hard work. That clip of LSK singing 10 years ago is priceless!

@oldschooler your observations are always mind-blowing. JA's wind-swept look does look like the young orphan in Les Mis. Thank you for your words regarding my attempts at being creative. I was hesitant to post them but I love you guys and MA so much that I felt comfortable in sharing. I thinking of writing something from DH's perspective next.

I knew I could write what I wanted yet feel safe in this sanctuary of MA love.

@Joseph Lim Thanks for sharing IU singing 'The Station'. I like the song. It really grows on you.

@sadiesmith Thanks for finding and sharing all these articles. They also help to feed my MA addiction.

Happy Lunar New Year everyone!  Can you believe it is almost one year since MA started airing?

I can start watching 'Sky Castle'. It has started to show on Viki. Hooray!

• Like 6

15 minutes ago, popai5 said:

Hope everyone is having a good start to the new year!!!

@Yana Mujay Thank you for posting all those video clips! I really appreciated the video of IU singing the Christmas song. I thought of the lyrics "in your eyes, in your face, in the way you hold my hand".  It reminded me of the ending of MA. How DH smiled so brightly and how tightly he held JA's hands. That song was very nice.

@widala Thank you also for all your clips! I don't know where you find them but I really get my MA addiction fed by all your hard work. That clip of LSK singing 10 years ago is priceless!

@oldschooler your observations are always mind-blowing. JA's wind-swept look does look like the young orphan in Les Mis. Thank you for your words regarding my attempts at being creative. I was hesitant to post them but I love you guys and MA so much that I felt comfortable in sharing. I thinking of writing something from DH's perspective next.

I knew I could write what I wanted yet feel safe in this sanctuary of MA love.

@Joseph Lim Thanks for sharing IU singing 'The Station'. I like the song. It really grows on you.

@sadiesmith Thanks for finding and sharing all these articles. They also help to feed my MA addiction.

Happy Lunar New Year everyone!  Can you believe it is almost one year since MA started airing?

I can start watching 'Sky Castle'. It has started to show on Viki. Hooray!

@popai5B)popai5you're welcome

I bet i will grateful when this post could upload with my old user name@YanaMujay:wub:

Does soompi supports  team has been recovering my account?

:joy:I think no...

But poppai5, you can tag my name...:grin:

Other soompier says couldn't.

• Like 4

To anyone missing Park Dong Hoon and his gentle monk best friend, you can soon see them reincarnated as baddies in their upcoming movie directed by the same PD who did the hit movie Ajusshi.

Image result for ì´ì ê· 

Image result for ì´ì ê· 

• Like 7

It's been 10 months since My Ajusshi ended. If anyone is missing IU, the wait is almost over as she has decided on her next drama:

http://www.dramabeans.com/2019/03/iu-yeo-jin-gu-confirm-lead-roles-in-hong-sisters-fantasy-drama/

Sounds like a great departure from her Lee Ji An, so it will be very interesting to see her transformation.

• Like 5

00200751.jpg

I just finished watching this beautiful drama about two people who met each other at the lowest point in their life and found redemption from their individual pain.  

I skipped this drama when it aired because I thought it was a romance between an older man and a young woman (the tile My Mister was quite misleading).  I stay away from May/December romances.  Thus, my late comments.  I'm particularly impressed with our main actors  Lee Sun Kyun as Park Dong Hoon and IU as Lee Ji Ahn.   This was my first time to watch IU and she played the role of Li Ji An brilliantly.  She deserved the best acting awards for this drama.

I consider My Mister as one of the best Korean dramas.  It depicted the life of a man in his forties having a career crises, while unbeknownst to him, his wife's having an affair with his boss,  and a young woman struggling to make ends meet, caring for her ailing grandmother, at the same time being physically abused repeatedly by a loan shark.  The story included PDH's relationship with his his wife, his own family, two brother as well as his co-workers and friends.  

Overall, this drama had everything; intensity, humor, drama, suspense and love especially between PDH and his two brothers and LJA and her grandmother.  It also showed greed and intrigue in the workplace where the executives where fighting among themselves like rabid dogs.

My only beef with the writer is that I find the imbalance in the way the drama was presented.  There was so much emphasis on the life of PDH and his brother, his mom, his friends but there was hardly on LJA's side.  Although PDH's brothers were lovable, I find their constant crying and bickering so over-the-top and childish for two 40 something year old men.  I would have wanted to know more about LJA's best friend Song Ki Bum.  There wasn't much background about him except he's a very interesting and nerdy character  who happens to be around LJA.  It seemed that he was LJA's partner in scamming people not only at the company where she met PDH but on her previous jobs.   

But the character that fascinated me most was Lee Gwang Il, the loan shark who used to be her very close friend until LJA killed his father.  How did he transition from a loving friend to a cruel, abusive individual.  It is hard for me to accept the writer's brutal version of him especially when he witnessed firsthand his father's cruelty and that he knew LJA killed his father out of self-defence.  Their backstory was not expanded.  

The finale was heart wrenching.  I was crying so much I ended with a headache.  PDH got his somewhat happy partly unresolved ending (his wife's away with her son) but LJA broke my heart.  Although, she had new friends, she's still basically alone.  There was no resolution between her and her tormentor Gwang II.  Apart from him returning the wiretapped conversations, it would have been great if he fell on his knees and begged for LJA's forgiveness. There was too much emphasis on PDA's brothers and LJA grandma's funeral that could have been put to better use.  I would have wanted to see more of LJA's life after she parted ways with PDH, her best friend as well as Gwang II.   

My Mister should have been a 9 but I give it an 8 because of the unresolved issues on LJA's side of her story.

• Like 3

Reenactment of one of My Ahjussi famous scenes :D

The lighting is very similar with the original...

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

Hi, @sheherizade3

Thanks for sharing your thoughts about My Ahjussi.

Yes, I agree with you. LJA's background wasn't completely covered, especially her relationship with Ki Bum. Ki Bum once said that LJA was in the trouble with the loan shark partly because of him too (maybe this explains his loyalty to her) but we don't get to know what exactly happened...

May I add, what I also found lacking is Kang Yoon Hee's background. Why was she so adamant to be the first in PDH life? In episode 12, she said something about her mother's marriage (remarried?). It makes me wonder about what kind of family she has...

• Like 4

16 hours ago, widala said:

Hi, @sheherizade3

Thanks for sharing your thoughts about My Ahjussi.

Yes, I agree with you. LJA's background wasn't completely covered, especially her relationship with Ki Bum. Ki Bum once said that LJA was in the trouble with the loan shark partly because of him too (maybe this explains his loyalty to her) but we don't get to know what exactly happened...

May I add, what I also found lacking is Kang Yoon Hee's background. Why was she so adamant to be the first in PDH life? In episode 12, she said something about her mother's marriage (remarried?). It makes me wonder about what kind of family she has...

Hi widala.  I also agree with your observations.  There were a lot of important missing pieces in the story that the writer missed.  What sometimes frustrates me with Korean dramas is that, the writer's focus becomes muddled along the way so we get unnecessary, oftentimes repetitive scenes.  Like, how many times do we have to see PDH's brothers cleaning a building or their friends drinking in a bar, the love story of Jun Hee and the monk (it's so unrealistic that, at this day and age, a woman would pine over a man for 20 years), the snivelling actress and her equally snivelling boyfriend, Gi Hoon.  The drama wasted time on the above.  Time that did not contribute to the main story.   I'd rather see a meaningful conversation between Gwang II and LJA instead of watching him threaten and repeatedly brutalize her without giving us, the audience, a deeper understanding of his character.  Jang Ki Yong did great at portraying Gwang II.  The expression in his eyes showed anger, pain, frustration and it would been awesome if the writer and director took advantage of this actor's talent to explore and delved deeper into his character.  

• Like 3