[Drama 2018] My Mister, 나의 아저씨 - Best Drama at 2019 (55th) BaekSang Arts Awards

Go Seung Ji

Hello everybody, My Mister is my favorite drama, the best that i ever seen, i love it so i made this video for celebrate his one year, that day my life change, i love deeply Dong Hoon and Ji An, they are the best couple for me, with a special love between them. Sorry for my english, i love this forum and i love that is still active and i think that the drama, every day, wins new fans around the world. I hope you enjoy it the video, i made it with so much love ^^, here is the link: https://youtu.be/BxKu5Y1WgyY

Thank you so much :lol:

I forgot, i'm preparing a second video ^^

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

17 hours ago, Minoz Ah LeeR said:

Hello everybody, My Mister is my favorite drama, the best that i ever seen, i love it so i made this video for celebrate his one year, that day my life change, i love deeply Dong Hoon and Ji An, they are the best couple for me, with a special love between them. Sorry for my english, i love this forum and i love that is still active and i think that the drama, every day, wins new fans around the world. I hope you enjoy it the video, i made it with so much love ^^, here is the link: https://youtu.be/BxKu5Y1WgyY

Thank you so much :lol:

I forgot, i'm preparing a second video ^^

I believe the bolded is very true. The dc inside gallery continues to have new postings everyday,  and even recently made YouTube videos managed to get thousands of views. 

Thanks for the video! 

• Like 3

On 3/27/2019 at 11:03 PM, sadiesmith said:

I believe the bolded is very true. The dc inside gallery continues to have new postings everyday,  and even recently made YouTube videos managed to get thousands of views. 

Thanks for the video! 

Here is my other video ^^, i hope you like it ^^, i think the song, like the other in my first video, is perfect for the story, is just hope, that and more feelings heals to our beloved couple ^^

https://youtu.be/1d3o12U_ZIg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

On 3/27/2019 at 11:03 PM, sadiesmith said:

Thanks for the video! 

Here is my other video ^^, i hope you like it ^^, i think the song, like the other in my first video, is perfect for the story, is just hope, that and more feelings heals to our beloved couple ^^

https://youtu.be/1d3o12U_ZIg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I loved just watching the interview above. They way they both kept shaking their heads yes when the other was speaking! It would be so wonderful if someone could translate what they said to English!  Thank you very much to everyone who continues to post! To me it is still the best drama I have seen!

• Like 7

55th Baeksang Arts Awards nominees

So happy that Lee Sun Kyun and Lee Ji Eun got nominated for best actor/actress.

But, the more pleasant surprise for me is that Oh Na Ra got nominated for best supporting actress! She's so underrated...

Also Kwon Na Ra nominated as best new actress!

I must say it's a tough competition with Sky Castle among the nominees... But, let's hope for the best for our beloved My Ahjussi team!

And, I really hope they all will attend and have a My Ahjussi reunion :D

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Congratulations to the whole team for winning seven nominations! Looks like it will be a very stiff competition in every category. I am afraid they would try to spread the love around and My Ajusshi ends up not winning many. A bit surprised not to see Park Ho San, but very pleased to see Oh Nara and the other Nara (Yura). Praying for my favorite guy to win. :)

Best Drama

Best Producer

• Kim Suk Yoon – JTBC “Radiant”
  • Kim Won Suk – tvN “My Ahjussi”
  • Ahn Gil Ho – tvN “Memories of the Alhambra”
  • Lee Eung Bok – tvN “Mr. Sunshine”
  • Jo Hyun Tak – JTBC “SKY Castle”

Best Actor

Best Actress

Best Supporting Actress

Best New Actress

Best Script

• Kim Soo Jin, Lee Nam Gyu – JTBC “Radiant”
  • Kim Eun Sook – tvN “Mr. Sunshine”
  • Do Hyun Jung – MBC “Children of Nobody”
  • Park Hae Young – tvN “My Ahjussi”
  • Yoo Hyun Mi – JTBC “SKY Castle”

Complete list of nominees:

https://www.soompi.com/article/1315121wpp/55th-baeksang-art-awards-announces-nominees-for-television-categories

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Baeksang awards nominations for this year quite tight .but i believed My Ahjussi will win at least 3 Awards the best chance is in Actor our Ahjussi LSK should win the strong other candidate is LBH from mr.Sunshine . the second awards should goes to Oh Nara for best supporting and 50/50 for best director and best Script.   actually i really hope Jieun will Win for Actress but since all her competitor is heavy weight name i will appreciated the jury when she just loss to Kim He Ja the SK national mother.                                                           Lee jieunaa so proud for your Nomination the youngest one among the nominatios.                                                              My Ahjussi team congratulation for each nominations.

Fighting 

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Yana Mujay said:

Baeksang awards nominations for this year quite thick.but i believed My Ahjussi will win at least 3 Awards the best chance is in Actor our Ahjussi LSK should win the strong other candidate is LBH from mr.Sunshine . the second awards should goes to Oh Nara for best supporting and 50/50 for best director and best Script.   actually i really hope Jieun will Win for Actress but since all her competitor is heavy weight name i will appreciated the jury when she just loss to Kim He Ja the SK national mother.                                                           Lee jieunaa so proud for your Nomination the youngest one among the nominatios.                                                              My Ahjussi team congratulation for each nominations.

Fighting 

How I wish the award-giving body also sees it that way, but Koreans seem to really really like LBH. Add in Hyun Bin, and they might just give it to him as a nod to Memories of the Alhambra because that show has only a few nominations. :bawling:

For all the buzz surrounding Pretty Noona during its airing, is anyone surprised not to see a single nomination for that drama?

• Like 5

I just found out about the nominations. I was like checking the wikipedia page of My Mister every 2 days to check the nominations. I'm sooo happy, I am crying now. Few minutes ago my heart was beating so fast because (anxiety of) my thesis  and now it is still beating at the same speed because happiness.  So sorry for being exaggerating, but I'm sure you know how I feel about this drama.

I watch all nominees drama, and I know it's hard. But I hope all the best for uri My Ahjussi.

• Like 7

Hi everyone, it has been a year already? Happy 1st anniversary MA!:heart: Thank you to all MA Soompiers, watching this awesome drama is that much more meaningful thanks to all your sharing, comments, gifs, homemade videos, art and poetry, website, etc! Passed by this pub in Tsim Sha Tsui when I was in Hong Kong. Let's hang out here one day? :D

hyggye_zps3sugpezt.jpg

One of the effects of reading the Soompi posts is I became very sensitive to the music. Upon rewatch of Episode 7, there was one song that caught my ear

Towards the end of this clip, there was a tune hummed by Jung Hee, Waves of the Danube. It seems really fitting because it's another melo Russian/Eastern European tune in the minor key of the kind which I think KWS is crazy about. It was also adapted into Korean during the Japanese occupation era, sung by Yoon Shim Deok who was recently featured in Hymn of Death (starring Shin Hye Sun and Lee Jung Seok - Sorry, I could not watch beyond the first 30 minutes of it. I heard many like the drama a lot though.). I think Koreans would probably identify more with the Yoon Shim Deok version of the song when they hear it. The lyrics go like this:

Through the vast wilderness, in this life of uncertainties

You are running (달리는 - dallinen), yet where are you going?

In this lonely world, through the rough seas

What are you searching for?

Chorus: This world that will become tears, will everything end if I die? Those lives searching for happiness (행복 - haengbok), it is really sadness that you are seeking for.

Those smiling flowers, and those crying birds

Their destinies would all be the same.

Engrossed in living this miserable life,

You are the one dancing on the blade of a knife.

[Chorus]

This far-flung life that has fallen to vanity

You are being deceived, don't you know?

Everything in this world to you is emptiness

After you die, nothing exists anymore

[Chorus]

*Sorry, I forgot to acknowledge pinkmilksyrup from Youtube for the lyrics...

The most similar characteristic between Jung Hee and Yoon Shim Deok is that they were both not respected by society, which looks down on entertainers. Then, they loved someone unavailable. Perhaps what I found saddest about this tune is that Jung Hee's loneliness was so deep and resounded into the dark night. Isn't that what we go through when we were/are singles, belonging neither here nor there, going home to an empty room with no one to talk to after work. The meaninglessness and dreariness of trudging through everyday life. 

But I am fond of MA because it turns this "living in quiet desperation" around, and gives meaning to life through wonderful relationships and being compassionate to others and ourselves. I'm reading too much into things again. But I think there is meaning when, at the end of Episode 7, LJA runs (달리는) to PDH and meets him in the restaurant, and PDH, in return, toasts happiness (행복하자) to LJA. Is it really so futile to run after happiness? The drama says, "no".

• Like 3
  • Insightful 2

I'm sorry that I missed the 1 year anniversary celebration here. So many exciting posts since my last visit (I skimmed the last few pages). The nominations for the Baeksang are exciting and well deserved! "Daebak!"

For me the one year anniversary was some time this past week or so. I didn't start watching when it first started. I wanted to have a few episodes to watch before I started. Can't believe it is already a year. Can't believe I can't re-watch it since DF closed down.

I wanted to say that I watched 'Touch your heart' and the way the lead characters finally expressed their like for each other was how I wanted our DH and JA to express their feelings for each other. I kept seeing DH's and JA's faces over these other characters.

I also saw 'The light in your eyes'. I almost gave up on it. I actually said to myself that if the younger version of the main character did not appear soon I would stop watching. The younger version showed up again so I kept watching. But it was only for one episode. I understood the focus on the elderly and the message but I felt 'come on give us the relationship of the young leads'. Finally the big reveal occurred in ep 10.

Everything made sense. I think 3 or 4 episodes could have been cut to make the same point but the beauty of how everything 'connected' reminded me of MA. In MA every episode (except maybe half of one episode) was crucial for the story to fulfill us. TLIYE was close. The acting was great but a tighter story would have made it better. I guess nothing matches our MA. MA spoiled me. Now no other show has really satisfied me. The search continues. Just have to wait for a LJE and LSK reunion!!!

• Like 5

"fan" on Dramabeans frequently translates interviews with Korean actors. Her latest translation was for an interview with actor Kim Nam-gil of The Fiery Priest in which he said some very nice thing about My Ajusshi:

Q: Nowadays, people prefer drama that does not follow the lazy formula and the audience has various tastes.

Kim: Among my recent dramas, "My Ajussi" was the best. Until I was in high school, next door asked me to come over if there was no one at home. They said since my mom went to the market I should stay with them until she came back. In My Ajussi, people gathered in Jung-hee's store and shared affections. As I watched the drama, I teared up without realizing. As society changes, we changed too but the essence didn't. It was a drama that reminded me of what I had forgotten. It was also good that all actors attracted attention (not just the leads). When we do a drama, we make actor group chat room, and I try not to alienate even a small role. They are the same members, and you have to draw them together so that a good work can come out. No matter how good the actor is, he cannot do it himself. My Ajussi was a drama that showed the drama is a group work.

Q: There are more projects that distribute the proportion of roles rather than making the two stars stand out.
Kim: It is thanks to viewers who were changed. People watch a lot of US drama, J-dramas, and the platform like Netflix has opened up so relaxed contents couldn't survive anymore. But there are people who are unaware of it and stay behind. It's better if it's persevering craftsmanship but it is just stubbornness. I feel bad. I want my older seniors to lead at the front. I don't like that the past sensibility is discarded because the world has changed. Because of them, we've come to this far. Like you feel touched when you hear songs going back to the 70s, 80s and 90s, I think that we can still talk about those days, just as emotionally. We can all be old people. I am an old guy.

To read more: http://www.dramabeans.com/2019/04/open-thread-601/

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2