[Drama 2017] Because This Is My First Life 이번 생은 처음이라

Go Seung Ji

3 hours ago, camichi said:

The first time I tried to watch Playful Kiss…I declined because I though it was for teenagers but someday I was bored I gave it a try. I have to confess that I can’t remember how many times I have watched that drama. Every time I have nothing to watch or I am bored and need to laugh I re-watch my fav. Episodes or scenes. JSM stole my heart with that roll.

I am glad that finally you are giving her an opportunity.

:D

In my case, I watched Playful Kiss to compare it with the Taiwanese version and the original one Itazura na Kiss.  Like you, JSM stole my heart.  She made the annoying female lead character role become bearable and lovable.  

• Like 6

Omo omo omo I just finished Episode 2 and I'm happy to say I found a new drama which I'm gonna be obsessing about on Monday & Tuesday, YEAH! YES!

Annyeong everyone :D

I'm just so excited that this drama makes me happy and grinning while watching. Looking forward to next Monday and Tuesday. Jung So Min looks very pretty in this drama and I like it :wub:

I like Jiho's 2 best friends too. Both of them seem to care for Jiho very much. I like Soo Ji more though. I'm looking forward to Sang Goo and Soo Ji's relationship in the drama, I'm sure these two will bring the laughter to this drama. I find it funny that even though Sang Goo is the boss but he's so afraid of Nam Se Hee. I also can't wait to see more of Yoon Bo Mi, she's a member of APink right? Any APink fans here?

• Like 9

Firstly I really can't believe he is guy from shut up flower boy bandtumblr_n1ividP9UJ1sjdu2wo5_500.gifhe was also  strong character in there but when he died I cried alot and drop the drama.

But Here again his character is awesome amazing and little psychopath I like psycho characters. ❤❤❤❤❤

lift scene when both encountered with each other was totally hilarious :joy:

Half of the episode full of laughter dose and ending was little sad.....and the marriage proposal and her yes .....totally amazing. I'm loving this drama and whole supporting Cast....love you all.

Both of them perfect for each other and understand very well.....her explanation for kiss and his understanding toward her:joy:.

CEO and SH phone conversation was also laughter dose....reset format and reboot :joy:.

So excited for next episode. 

• Like 6
  • LOL 1

annyeong to some familiar faces here! :)@andy78 @vangsweetie637 @triplem @stroppyse @lclarakl ...

surprised that it is such a small group here but that means we can chat lots right? hahahahha...

so managed to find time to check out ep 1 and I liked it lots. now I just need to find some time to check out ep 2

16 hours ago, ObsessiveCompulsive said:

I'm really enjoying LMK's stoic and nonchalant attitude towards things, JH almost seems to care too much about people and how she is viewed and maybe he can teach her to just be happy with herself.

me too! I was wondering if he will turn out to be very weird based on the synopsis but he is not. he is just one of those by his-own-rules kind of guy who just does his own thing and is not ruffled by other's opinion but it is not like he is incapable of making relationships. he has relationships with his co-workers and CEO. really enjoyed how he seems to be in charge even with the CEO. he is the type of guy where if you want leave, he will help you cite some labour law or employee handbook laws and get it! hahahah... (based on how he is written, guess he is sort of like an INTJ personality. it seems more than anything, he is a bit of loner where he does not really enjoy what others do..).. 

16 hours ago, yusefull said:

For her, I think she feel he won't hurt her. In the first episode, she feel conforted by him and relaxed even when he say weird things.

it is kind of sweet isn't it? that he was rambling about cats and yet it was the best thing he could have said to her. also liked how they bonded over football. it seems like they were able to easily chat with each other even though they hardly knew each other.

but more than anything, there was a kind of quiet loneliness that they both share perhaps. she doesn't really fit in with her family though her mom seems to be quite nice. even with her friends, they seem more takers rather than givers (she listened to her friend whine for 40 minutes..) so she seems to be giving her all in every relationships. so where does she get to take?

4 hours ago, alekaonu said:

I also can't wait to see more of Yoon Bo Mi, she's a member of APink right? Any APink fans here?

it gave me a giggle that they dressed her in pink dresses and she gave this whole speech about how not everyone can wear pink and it is her signature colour. ha! :lol: but I am curious to see if she will get any interesting arc -- she seems to be the only female in that office of men and wears dresses to remind herself that she is still a woman; found that itself quite interesting....

• Like 8
  • LOL 1

One of the many good things about this show is how realistic the world is.

First couple :

JH is the child that the family has given up. She is working and has graduated from a good school but they are behind her brother just because he is a man and even more since he got his wife pregnant. Even if he doesn't have an income, they are behind him and even stole their daughter money (deposit).

SH is a pragmatic man and even if he got a good job (he is nearly at the top in his company) he got big debt because he buy a home. He got a family with money (CEO who tell him that if he get married he will get his dad to pay for the loan) but they don't care about what he want. They consider what the norm are more important that their son happiness (mom bully him by telling him that her dad will divorce her if he don't get married).

The both of them are getting together because of circumstance. It's like a wedding when someone want a green card, medical insurence...

It's a win-win thing and not that different from an arranged wedding. The thing that change is that it's the bride and husband that choose their partner.

I feel it's something that happen more and more in today korean society.

Second couple :

Don't know enough about them yet (not even together) but I think SJ is liberated and don't consider sex that big of a thing.

Third couple :

They both love each other but don't want the same things. She want to get married but he don't thing that the end game. They keep breaking up but since they love each other, they keep getting back together.

Many couple are like that too. They are not good for each other but keep being together. Generally they are older and it's about a child and at some point the woman resent the man because she can't have any or feel to old about it.

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, stuartjmz said:

No. Not "they have given up" on her, not "they are behind the brother". Only HE, not "they"   The only one who's given up on her and focuses exclusively on the waster son is the HORRIBLE father. We've already seen her mother still cares for and about her, and tries as hard as she can to help her. So DEFINITELY not "they". Only him, and he's horrible

If she don't say anything in the end it's the same.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

14 hours ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

Thsi is so good.. albeit copy of japanese drama.. BUT so good.. casting is so bang on

@enigmatic_zephy What drama is that? I wonder if were thinking the same. I mentioned  in page 1 story reminded me of "Kazoku no Katachi "well made, well written witty drama. Also SH character kinda reminded me of Oguri Shun in Rich Man, Poor Woman. 

3 hours ago, stuartjmz said:

Episode 2 was everything I loved about episode 1 ramped up yet more - :heart::heart:

Gorgeous JSM looking literally distractingly pretty, and so much Arsenal fun! Seriously, this Drama is like Fever Pitch - the book (and original film) - it resonates even more if you're a longtime Gooner. I think I'm really, REALLY going to love this Drama

@stuartjmz Heya! we're watching same drama again. Drama is good! And jongski  happy to see other  familiar Soompiers here :)

Watching episode 2 at the moment. Thoughts and recaps later.

• Like 5

34 minutes ago, jongski said:

@enigmatic_zephy What drama is that? I wonder if were thinking the same. I mentioned  in page 1 story reminded me of "Kazoku no Katachi "well made, well written witty drama. Also SH character kinda reminded me of Oguri Shun in Rich Man, Poor Woman. 

@stuartjmz Heya! we're watching same drama again. Drama is good! And jongski  happy to see other  familiar Soompiers here :)

it's remind me of japanese drama "we married as a job" (2016) / nigeru wa haji da ga yaku ni tatsu

http://asianwiki.com/We_Married_as_Job . it was big hit in Japan . Best Drama 2016,  Best Kodansha Manga award 2015

Edited by sa-lik
  • Like 5

@stroppyse ~ can I ask you an odd question?

Spoiler

so I find it a bit strange that she seems to develop a regional accent when she speaks with her family but otherwise, she has a normal kdrama (seoul?) accent. is that normal? because her family members dont drop the accent but she does. haven't noticed this in other kdramas; usually if they have a regional accent, they have it all the time...

and what do folks think about his whole speech about cats in ep 1? makes me wonder if he personally identifies with cats in some way...

• Like 6

On 8/3/2017 at 5:56 AM, Go Seung Ji said:

Anyone knew what does the writing on the sky means? Just asking if it is actually meaningful quote or anything.

Thank you :)

Edited by Ais1ing
Please do not quote images
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, jongski said:

i didn't watch it but came out in 2015 or 2016. was a major hit. Story is essentially a girl gets fired due to economic slowdown.. takes up a job of cleaning lady.. had to visit once a week and clean it.. the man is a nerdy guy.. and obviously with high demands and no cleaning lady meets his demands... 

anyway contract job begins.. both haven't seen each other...so when they finally do. ( sthg happenes in between) he proposes her and she accepts (Just like that)

Because, man's logic is that housewife's or house chores are a lot of work and the person doing it should get paid.. so he will marry her, given her place to stay etc etc and pay her..

she is out of job, likes cleaning and when she realizes she will have stability accepts marriage..

this is ep 1 :)

And then the love story begins

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Done with Episode two. Well written. Smart. Good dialogues. Lee Min Ki as Se Hee  always has an explanation  for everything, in his  odd quirky like charm and charisma. Hard to resist whilst Jung So Min as Ji Ho....my favorite character in current kdrama! 

Appreciating Jung So Min  wonderful acting and Lee Min Ki  as the odd quirky one. Thumbs up.

Ep2 Title: Because It's My First Kiss ✓

Oh gosh SH is such a data statistician.. and a damn Arsenal FC fan. Calculated the moves, the risk,  how he's going to end up paying for his loans a by using rental payments he can get from housemate.  He came up with the criteria through data from all the list of all his past housemates. I got confused, actually.

But the one that made me ponder and smile then laugh when He calculated the kiss an. JH was saying sorry that she kissed him. SH  understood and said it wasn't an accoted "attacked" on him. SH described it more as an OFFSIDE. (Hah!  using football vernacular)

SH said "It was like an offside when you attacked me when I was defenseless"  JH just nods her head and says yes, offside. She asked if he'd been super upset. SH said he would've have been as well upset.  Then explained "upset involves emotions when people are unexpectedly attacked, they feel perplexed and unpleasant" to which JH clarified  she didn't attacked him. Hah. She didn't, she acted impulsive.

Cut to another scene  they had another conversation. He wants to know why she kissed him.  She explained  she haven't been in relationship, haven't kissed anyone. But that will happen anyway- talking about the kiss. That you can date when you have time and mone  hich she says she neither have.  JH:  "normally you have to date to kiss someone. I thought that will never happen. That's why." Aww. Hug this girl!  She asked if he understood  why she kissed him.  SH said yes.. and then his explanations. "Yes relation cost you something. Whether is time, money, or emotions. You wanted to bring out a result without any cost. That's why you kissed me." JH just nods and says yes  ( like we are. Haha). He continues.. "You're not looking for any kind of love relationship either. JH no no. no shaking her head..  saying she's busy and tied with work.  SH said it's perfect.

He showed the data /statistics and criteria to which she got the highest score also has the disqualification criteria. SH explains, that's also the advantage, she will be disqualified (as housemate.. I know it's complicated, lol) if there's ever chance she might fall in love or feelings are involved. But that will never happen assures SH ( yeaaaaaah? ha ha) "you're not my type" to which SH "the feeling is mutual" ( yeaaaaah? ha ha) and my smiled turned in wide grin  then I  laugh.  I'm like.....oh yeaaah? really now? Ha ha ha :D

Scene where she met the PD for her "Turtle Room" script for new drama she's working.  The 'senior' writer  ( she worked for as assistant,  earlier)  was brought in again. Because. They actually didn't trust her..  the more experience writer saying like.. "oh I wouldn't take an assistant's work. I'm here to help."  Of course what else can se ay but be polite and just nods her head. But of course, sknew already what's going to happen.  You think this  scenario happens IRL in kdrama industry?

Their couch conversation  whilst watching the Premiere League match.  Ah, the joy of having compatibility.  Both liking football and same team.  After wards she  asked how long he needs to pay loan ( 30 years he said), why he's not getting married to which he said "the house, kitty, and myself, I'm willing to bear these three things only". Hah. he will remain single... (oh yeaaaaah? ha ha), then she said, "then you'll have to work all life just for this house" to which he answered yes " there's nothing more certain than property in this country." you should know better. " Yeeeouch!  And that got me LOL. He's one smart dude! smart alec, dry sense of humor.  So she was like ooooh okay, while staring at him.  She then mentioned seeing nearby hospital to which he explained  it's one of the reasons why he chose to live nearby and advantageous in his later years of life ( yes, you're wise.. ha ha) pointed out, that her room will be his death room..... ooooh why you like

Ending scenes.  Dark tunnel of events for her.  SH mom came, JH had to leave and find a place to stay. She was looked or thought of indifferently  at during  meeting with (college) friends at a wedding. Senior writer, starting to impose her trashy ideas and contradict what JH wrote  with her script.  a-hole guy of 3 years, drunk barged in to her small rented room, drunk and  tried to rape her.  She had nowhere to go. Thought of calling  one of her friends, Tried to go back to her own house but....decided against ti hearing the brother and young wife.

JH voice over....

"But there's a side you don't want to show to your friends.  Sometimes, your family can be the least close people to you. When I decided to follow my dream, I thought my life would be like walking through dark tunnel.  But I didn't know it was going to be... this dark. I didn't know it's going to be... this lonely.  How much longer do I have to go?"

And she cried her frustration and emotions inside the tunnel and found her going back to SH place. SH  going back inside  saw her.... and there she was with him on the couch watching football, drinking can of beer.  This is their comfort. She made up an excuse about  dream which made her end up at his place   SH knew  went along saying oh a bad dream.

But SH suddenly made proposition to her "If you have sometime.. will you...Marry Me?"

JH voice over....

"Back then I just wanted to literally fall into something. Whether it's manhole or big hole. It didn't matter......

JH: " Yes"

......I just want to sleep well tonight."

End of  Ep2. Wow again this drama got me good.  You can definitely tell. My post/recap is so long!  Oh boy,  that was quick proposal.. no doubt he calculated the risk, the end result. He studied the pros and cons. But... but perhaps...there is something that triggered in his lonely existence.

Jongski's wish.. please be together live happily ever after: I know it's only episode 2 but what the heck!

• Like 13

3 hours ago, saanjh sena said:

Spoiler

That made me realise that HR boyfriend is the CTO and so work woith the two other male leads.

Will a young hit on JH and does SH got an ex or something like that ?

Edited by Ais1ing
Please do not quote images
  • Like 3

U JI – DRAWING A STAR (별 그림) BECAUSE THIS IS MY FIRST LIFE OST

All day, I think of you
All day, back and forth
I count the endless stars

Without time to rest
Everything passes by again today

Lalala lalala lalala lalala
I’m thinking about you
As I quietly smile

Without anyone knowing
I’m drawing out the countless stars
Without anyone knowing
I’m quietly closing my eyes

All day, back and forth
Everyone looks for me
All day, up and down
I just can’t figure it out

Without time to rest
Everything passes by again today

I’m thinking about you
As I quietly smile

Without anyone knowing
I’m drawing out the countless stars
Without anyone knowing
I’m quietly closing my eyes

I’m thinking about you
As I quietly smile

Thanks to POPGASA

• Like 7

I just started the drama out of curiosity without reading any synopsis and I really like it. Her walk through the tunnel moved me so much it made me cry since it reminded me of a time in my own life. I can't wait for the next episodes.

• Like 9
  • Sad 1

After watching episode 2 with subs, I can't wait to see where this drama is heading. I didn't expect a marriage proposal.....:wub:  I'm interested in the following:

1. Will the really marry?

2. Will she find her success? (I have to admit, I would have been upset too if someone took my story and completely changed it to one of those stupid plot dramas.......love the way this writer is making fun of his trade).

3. What is going to happen in the next 14 episodes?

Loving this drama.

• Like 12

2 hours ago, daloula said:

I just started the drama out of curiosity without reading any synopsis and I really like it. Her walk through the tunnel moved me so much it made me cry since it reminded me of a time in my own life. I can't wait for the next episodes.

@daloula, I really liked that scene too. I know I had a moment similar in my life and I could really feel that loss, but not sure where to turn. I especially loved the line after his proposal when she said she just wanted to sleep.  I have to admit that she's one of my favorite actresses, she can really get into different roles and become a different character.  I would like to see her play another character like she did in the drama Big Man--she stole the show from the lead actress IMO, to the point they started decreasing her scenes.

Looking forward to next week.

• Like 5