[Drama 2018] Are You Human Too?, 너도 인간이니

Go Seung Ji

@jerboa83 To me, it wasn't shown for many reasons. First, it is such a horrible way to die. The man was already injured, hence he couldn't defend him. Secondly, Seo is in the center of that scene. The reasons why I am tending to say that Seo killed JW are the following:

• When Seo calls the emergency, he stops. In the flashback, Seo wonders: "Why did I get that thought?" Sure, this could be connected to the fact that he never talked on the phone. However, just after the moment ("why did I get that thought?") he drops the phone. He could just have hung up but he doesn't. Then he knees and comes closer to JW. Seo's hands and face are shown in the foreground. Then we hear his second thought: "Once. I should look the other way just once". Why not showing JW during this time? It is the way of the PD to make the viewer connect to Seo's thoughts. Seo is in the center of this scene... why did he do it? Why and how did he become such a ruthless man? This scene (hands and face of Seo) explains the reason for going to the dark side. Seo had claimed before that he hadn't killed Mr. Kim and I believe him. Yet, JW's death marks his turning point. For his job and position, he is willing to close his eyes and commit a crime.

• Besides, if his thought was connected to just let him die, then he could have just borrowed some time. Looking the other way is definitely not connected to the emergency call. We shouldn't forget that the emergency could track his phone number and there was some chances that JW might survive and reveal the truth. By killing him, he made sure that his job was secure. Sure, NGH killed the man Mr. Kim and he was responsible for his son's sequestration. However, Seo would have been definitely condemned as accomplice, if JW had survived. His accident would have got on the news. If the truth was revealed, then Seo would have lost everything. So for his own sake, SJG killed a man. That's the reason why Seo is so obsessed with that position seat. He helped the CEO NGH to secure his own position and even save his company, so in his mind NGH had to be indebted to him. Yet as time passed on, he realized that NGH would never give him the CEO seat. 

In his mind, NGH was responsible for the blood on his hands. I doubt that NGH would have killed his own son. the chairman really thinks that his son died because of him hence he said that he has no right to be sad.

@nateko @triplem

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is the first time I'm watching drama without thinking or predicting about the ending. I don't even know how the writer will end up this masterpiece. I enjoyed every second of it although I really hate some of the characters :sweatingbullets: Human Shin really makes me annoyed. But personally, I'm so impressed with Seo Kang Joon's acting. He acts both character so well until I feel there are 2 different people who acted as NS & NS3. :wub:

I don't want this drama to has an open ending but I wish everyone at least has a happy ending. Maybe NS will go back to Czech with his mom & live happily there while NS3 will lead the company with YH & SB as his forever bodyguard / girlfriend :P The drama has only 4 episodes left & I don't think there's enough time for SB to fall completely over human NS although I secretly wish for that. Well, we never know how the writer's mind. :huh:

2 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

@crazyyo I do understand why Ji did this... he once said to NS3, that helping NS3 is also helping NS. He is right. As long as NS3 doesn't possess his own identity, NS will always consider NS3 as fake and not as a person. The moment NS3 comes out, it is over for NS as he can no longer take credit from NS3's work and can not use NS3 as his replacement. Yes, by doing so NS is cornered: the only way out is to "destroy" NS3. But by doing so, his crime can no longer be hidden. Notice that in the previous episode, he used NS3 as a killer and gave as point for his defense: the robot did it, I didn't do it. But this time it is different: he needs to activate the kill switch himself. But in my opinion, he won't be able to do it that's the moment Seo will have to intervene himself. Let us not forget that NS is well aware that Seo is using him and only waits for the right opportunity to get rid of him. Nevertheless, I have the impression that ORR will remove the kill switch before it is too late. 

I acknowledge that this needed to be done, they can't hide ns3 forever and ns3 can't be ns's slave forever to replace him and do all his work. The thing is they could've done it in a better way. Was there really a need to make them stand face to face in front of everyone and obviously everyone's going to favor Shin 3. Had it worked in Shin's favor as well helping him back on right track I wouldn't have complained but it totally messed up his mind even more. This is what's Shin's true fear is, sure we can say that it was time he face his fears. But the point is Shin trusted Ji at least 99% if not 100% (I don't know why he didn't involve Ji in his father's death secret but I feel like he did it for Ji's sake) how long is it going to take such a paranoid and twisted person like NS to trust someone again completely? It's even sad to see their years of friendship and brotherhood falling apart after this incident (I know I m going a bit far with this statement especially since the drama is highly unpredictable and we don't know what's gonna happen next but I don't see their relation patching up to how it was before in just two episodes with NS probably going back to Czech). Like I said before the writer probably did that just to make Shin even angrier so they can get rid of kill switch in drama. I truly hope he won't press the button but sadly I don't see Seo in this picture he would be too busy scheming against Ji.

I remembered two statements which I previously wondered upon once is director talking about Ji's character that 'he has the ability to take over PK group if he makes up his mind too' and I really wondered that Ji is smart but I don't see him THAT smart to take over the company. Next is Ji's character teaser where he says 'saving Shin is more important to me than my own life, even if he will never forgive me for it' well now it's making sense lol.

Guest dramacf

It just occurred to me, remember that scene wherein NS3 went to approach NS to tell him that Sobong won't be resigning and told NS that Sobong didn't tell him about their phone call, it's just that he has sensitive hearing SO now I remembered when ORR called YH during EP 5 (10) wherein she specifically told YH to not let NS3 in any circumstance go near the car, I feel like NS3 heard that and cos by nature he's a robot programmed with deep learning capabilities, he would've been curious what that conversation was about and maybe on his time while working in the company has actually learned about the kill switch schematics of the M-Car and him being very knowledgeable now about his body due to the Manual Mode issue wherein he had to hack himself a couple of times before he successfully gained control, I'm quite certain he knows now about the kill switch mode in his body...and maybe as a precaution would ponder in his alone time (while everyone sleeps, cos he doesn't sleep :wink:) how to disable it. So, I'm pretty sure that whoever pushes that kill switch button wouldn't kill him or maybe for just a moment cos the kill switch would trigger some backup routine he programmed/hacked into himself to perform once the kill switch was initiated that would enable to revive/resuscitate his existence with his memories intact.

I really want NS to be redeemed and with 2 episodes left (17/18 or 33-36) I hope that the writer would make his path to redemption believable in the context of the story and his character.

I feel that the preview showing the kill switch is some kind of a red herring a distraction from that one final twist the writer has up on his sleeve during the finale...maybe NS & NS3 teaming up to defeat SJG? ... and by defeat I mean put him behind bars cos after all he did try to have NS killed off in Czech Republic. YH getting SJG fired from PK Group will just make him more furious and maybe to take revenge on NS3 for pulling off that stunt in the meeting, will put ORR's life in danger cos he knows ORR is also an important person in NS3's life and maybe when NS calls NS3 about the kill switch, NS3 will be like wait can we deal with that later cos Omma is in trouble, SJG had her abducted or something similar to that... AND maybe NS will realize he won't lose his mom for the 2nd time and decides to work with NS3 to save their Omma...Just my wild imagination :wink:

24 minutes ago, crazyyo said:

I acknowledge that this needed to be done, they can't hide ns3 forever and ns3 can't be ns's slave forever to replace him and do all his work. The thing is they could've done it in a better way. Was there really a need to make them stand face to face in front of everyone and obviously everyone's going to favor Shin 3. Had it worked in Shin's favor as well helping him back on right track I wouldn't have complained but it totally messed up his mind even more. This is what's Shin's true fear is, sure we can say that it was time he face his fears. But the point is Shin trusted Ji at least 99% if not 100% (I don't know why he didn't involve Ji in his father's death secret but I feel like he did it for Ji's sake) how long is it going to take such a paranoid and twisted person like NS to trust someone again completely? It's even sad to see their years of friendship and brotherhood falling apart after this incident (I know I m going a bit far with this statement especially since the drama is highly unpredictable and we don't know what's gonna happen next but I don't see their relation patching up to how it was before in just two episodes with NS probably going back to Czech). Like I said before the writer probably did that just to make Shin even angrier so they can get rid of kill switch in drama. I truly hope he won't press the button but sadly I don't see Seo in this picture he would be too busy scheming against Ji.

I remembered two statements which I previously wondered upon once is director talking about Ji's character that 'he has the ability to take over PK group if he makes up his mind too' and I really wondered that Ji is smart but I don't see him THAT smart to take over the company. Next is Ji's character teaser where he says 'saving Shin is more important to me than my own life, even if he will never forgive me for it' well now it's making sense lol.

Young Hoon had no way around the incoming mess, because Namshin would have discovered N3's servers anyway, and N3 would be in serious danger. I think that at the beginning of next ep Young Hoon might add that human Shin knew it all along, agreed with it and he's the "genius mastermind" behind all that... 

2 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

@jerboa83 To me, it wasn't shown for many reasons. First, it is such a horrible way to die. The man was already injured, hence he couldn't defend him. Secondly, Seo is in the center of that scene. The reasons why I am tending to say that Seo killed JW are the following:

• When Seo calls the emergency, he stops. In the flashback, Seo wonders: "Why did I get that thought?" Sure, this could be connected to the fact that he never talked on the phone. However, just after the moment ("why did I get that thought?") he drops the phone. He could just have hung up but he doesn't. Then he knees and comes closer to JW. Seo's hands and face are shown in the foreground. Then we hear his second thought: "Once. I should look the other way just once". Why not showing JW during this time? It is the way of the PD to make the viewer connect to Seo's thoughts. Seo is in the center of this scene... why did he do it? Why and how did he become such a ruthless man? This scene (hands and face of Seo) explains the reason for going to the dark side. Seo had claimed before that he hadn't killed Mr. Kim and I believe him. Yet, JW's death marks his turning point. For his job and position, he is willing to close his eyes and commit a crime.

• Besides, if his thought was connected to just let him die, then he could have just borrowed some time. Looking the other way is definitely not connected to the emergency call. We shouldn't forget that the emergency could track his phone number and there was some chances that JW might survive and reveal the truth. By killing him, he made sure that his job was secure. Sure, NGH killed the man Mr. Kim and he was responsible for his son's sequestration. However, Seo would have been definitely condemned as accomplice, if JW had survived. His accident would have got on the news. If the truth was revealed, then Seo would have lost everything. So for his own sake, SJG killed a man. That's the reason why Seo is so obsessed with that position seat. He helped the CEO NGH to secure his own position and even save his company, so in his mind NGH had to be indebted to him. Yet as time passed on, he realized that NGH would never give him the CEO seat. 

In his mind, NGH was responsible for the blood on his hands. I doubt that NGH would have killed his own son. the chairman really thinks that his son died because of him hence he said that he has no right to be sad.

@nateko @triplem

I think that the director decided not to show it because the narration was by Seo himself, and he probably didn't want to recall the act (he shut his train of thoughts right there).

5 hours ago, jerboa83 said:

Just one question: did he actually strangled JW, or was he only tempted to do it, and stayed there watching him die without answering the 911 operator? That specific moment wasn't shown...

They are so incredibly cute together, even off-screen! :heart:

Judging from the sounds, SJG indeed  strangled him with his own hands.

@jerboa83 It's such a pity that I don't know Italian :sweatingbullets: There are so many interesting things in other languages. It's so sad that one cannot master them all haha 

Latest episodes are so serious... So I decided to post some funny videos to cheer us up :D  (Not sure if it was posted before but anyway... It's always good to watch uri Tin Can couple together, right? :D) .

Credits to EchoMultifandom (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXnNCYT9iXvJi4rD_JO001g)

When it comes to final scene of episode 16... I think there is really a bigger plan. So Bong wouldn't risk Shin III's well-being to help human Nam Shin so the plan has to be beneficial to both of them. Also I don't think that Young Hoon is up to something evil. He is truly devoted to Shin. He took drastic measures now because Shin is acting like a lunatic and there is no chance to just talk some sense into him. On top of that I think that kill-switch is already deactivated or will be before human Nam Shin finds it. Like, they are all aware that he is capable of everything now so there is no way they would left kill switch just to let human Shin find it. 

Yay for Young-Hoon:D:D:D in all honesty the company should be handed over to Young-Hoon, heck he deserves it! 

Yikes. Hope that's not the end of ShinBot 'cause what will happen to So-Bong?! 

LMFAo that 1 co-worker : "It's like 2 separate people with the same face.."

Well now ya know whyB) 

1 hour ago, chatterbox22 said:

@jerboa83 It's such a pity that I don't know Italian :sweatingbullets: There are so many interesting things in other languages. It's so sad that one cannot master them all haha 

When it comes to final scene of episode 16... I think there is really a bigger plan. So Bong wouldn't risk Shin III's well-being to help human Nam Shin so the plan has to be beneficial to both of them. Also I don't think that Young Hoon is up to something evil. He is truly devoted to Shin. He took drastic measures now because Shin is acting like a lunatic and there is no chance to just talk some sense into him. On top of that I think that kill-switch is already deactivated or will be before human Nam Shin finds it. Like, they are all aware that he is capable of everything now so there is no way they would left kill switch just to let human Shin find it. 

The kill switch (= the case) is in David's hands, for the time being, but the servers in PK's main building are vulnerable, and Nam Shin know where they are... Even if they deactivate the switch, N3's "brain" can be physically destroyed/switched off (that's what I was thinking about when I wrote my imaginary "final episode" in a previous post), as long as it is not "moved" online by means of some sort of distributed computing solution like SETI@home.

Ok, after watching the last episode, I feel a bit more optimistic. I agree with those who think there is a plan ongoing and we haven't seen everything yet. For now I will trust Secretary Ji and think that he knows what he's doing. He already has shown his love for Shin and I believe his sincerity towards NS3 too. I'll trust that he's a good guy that wants to save both Shins. Regarding NS3, I think he really has no choice on this: firstly, he wouldn't reject the possibility of helping Nam Shin to go back on track, even if it is painful for him; and secondly, his brain is literally PK's property and Nam Shin would kill him in a second if he becomes chairman. It's not like he can just run with So Bong and hide, unless he finds a new server, haha!!

Ah, I really liked how it seems that by the end of last episode, all the "good" guys are coming together in order to work for the greater good: Secretary Ji, So Bong and NS3, David, NS's aunt, the M-car team...it's like they are joining forces to rescue human Nam Shin from the dark side. I hope at some point they can also recruit Ye Na and Mom. And after the first shock, I also kind of like that NS3 has been revealed and he's confidently making his first public steps. He felt more alone because he had to keep a secret that he was a robot, it seems a first step for seeking acceptance and integration. And I love it. I'm sure that there are risks attached, but I have a positive feeling about all this.

We'll see if my hopes are viciously crushed next week or indeed love will prevail and Secretary Ji and the others can save the Shins :lol:

I had so much fan editing this brand-new fan mv! :lol:

Do you remember the chase scene at the end of Short Circuit? (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oST8DHOjwbI)Do you remember KITT, the AI supercar from Knight Rider? (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edAw4CYC6Js; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QiwZwbDSE_Y Well, I certainly do, and the director and the writer of "Are You Human Too?" probably do, too. (Mach reminds me of KITT, even if Mach doesn't talk with a British accent and doesn't have a cheeky attitude...)! 

@chatterbox22 @triplem @chunnie36 @moonlover399993 @Ayame @vettac @nooneor @lilyphenix @PororoQueen

Don't you think that N3 seemed to suffer from PSD after almost murdering Chairman Nam and Sobong? He feels guilty and he's scared to get close to humans again... The idea of a PTSD-struck AI remembers me of this scene from the above mentioned Knight Rider:

8381ea2afd2048d4cbde2351f644fea101a1fbd8

This picture always worries me about the sad ending. I can interpret it in two opposite ways

1. She is scared and in pain, because it will be their good bye. NS3 will be terminated..

2. She is in relief. Because NS3 had terminated (in episode 17), she doesn't know that, and he comes back. This one is in winter, but the story is still in autumn season. Maybe they progress time by 1-2 months before KSB meets NS3. I definetely prefer this one. :v

@jerboa83 Oh my, your mv is sooo good :DAnd "Holding Out For A Hero" fits perfectly here. 

Your right, Shin III looked really afraid and uneasy. As Young Hoon said it caused him a trauma. He was confused whether his rules are right or wrong. He was conflicted just like a human being. Why would robot fear? It proves that he is really more than just a machine.  

I'm more curious as to the role of the M-car programme in this latest scheme. NS3 specifically sought him out and probably revealed his true identity (or at least admitted his separate identity from NS), after which he told SB it was a success, so he must have roped him in for some reason. As a witness to confirm that NS3 is the real brain behind Medi-car perhaps? Or something else? He must be happy to be "vindicated" since his boss kept saying he is just into conspiracy theory, but he turned out to be right!

8 hours ago, chubbz said:

I'm more curious as to the role of the M-car programme in this latest scheme. NS3 specifically sought him out and probably revealed his true identity (or at least admitted his separate identity from NS), after which he told SB it was a success, so he must have roped him in for some reason. As a witness to confirm that NS3 is the real brain behind Medi-car perhaps? Or something else? He must be happy to be "vindicated" since his boss kept saying he is just into conspiracy theory, but he turned out to be right!

The team leader of the M car project knows: while N3 passed by him he jiggled like he was anticipating something awesome about to happen on that stage.

It'd be great if N3 thanked his team (standing up to get their round of applause like "all's cool folks, nothing strange, our boss is awesome"), his "mom" (pointing at her) and "dad", his "hyun" (looking at YH with puppy eyes... 'cause bromance is in the air!) and especially "his lovely girlfriend", then came back, took the hand of a jiggling, super-proud Sobong and kissed her on the forehead with one of his adorable smiles, before getting out together with her, amid a collective "WTF have we just heard/seen?". :lol:

I'm currently watching the older episodes. In nostalgia (sounds it has been years). I miss the time when I particularly only wait for this drama every week, not attached to it and not emotionally involved like what happen to me now. Lol. 

This drama has been in a fast-tempo and I love it. But as I always do, I hope they slow down the tempo in the last episode. I just want to watch them having a normal life. 

Archived