[OFFICIAL] Ji Chang Wook and Nam Ji Hyun Couple (JiBong/JiJi Couple)

stucked

It been brought to our attention that many social media accounts are taking clips from our Ji Chang Wook's Kitchen account (such as the Seoul Music Awards 2017 video above), scrubbing out our watermarks, and reposting them as their own or crediting as "to the owner."   Our videos are always digitally watermarked, and we can tell when a reposting occurs via a code embedded within the video that ties back to our video editing application.  The video posted through that Instagram account above has definitely reposted our video without proper credits.

Please be advised that in 2019, we will be actively going after reposters to properly credit back to Ji Chang Wook's Kitchen as the original poster of these videos.  Your cooperation is greatly appreciated.  Thank you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, cherkell said:

It been brought to our attention that many social media accounts are taking clips from our Ji Chang Wook's Kitchen account (such as the Seoul Music Awards 2017 video above), scrubbing out our watermarks, and reposting them as their own or crediting as "to the owner."   Our videos are always digitally watermarked, and we can tell when a reposting occurs via a code embedded within the video that ties back to our video editing application.  The video posted through that Instagram account above has definitely reposted our video without proper credits.

Please be advised that in 2019, we will be actively going after reposters to properly credit back to Ji Chang Wook's Kitchen as the original poster of these videos.  Your cooperation is greatly appreciated.  Thank you.

Hello cherkell, may I ask which video you are referring to in your post? This way we can resolve the problem and give proper credits. As far as I know, the SMA videos are back in 2017, most of those videos have been reposted multiple times so we don't know where some of the videos are from. At least once we know, we can credit the rightful owners. 

• Like 6

10 hours ago, luvforever said:

Hello cherkell, may I ask which video you are referring to in your post? This way we can resolve the problem and give proper credits. As far as I know, the SMA videos are back in 2017, most of those videos have been reposted multiple times so we don't know where some of the videos are from. At least once we know, we can credit the rightful owners. 

Hi sweetie!  Right off the bat, the 2017 Seoul Music Awards video with English subs that has been chopped up and passed around like candy is one of ours.  There is also Wook's last MBC Section TV interview with English subs that is also one of ours, but I haven't seen it recently on Soompi.  I've been leaving comments on the various Instagram accounts that have been cutting and reposting with those infamous "credit to the owner" words in their narrative, but no one gives a [bleep].

I handle copyright law matters for a living, and the fact that The Kitchen's video productions are being swiped and wiped constantly may require us to start issuing copyright strikes against various IG and Twitter accounts.  Until that day comes,  we'll keep leaving comments in those accounts that the original video belongs to The Kitchen... starting with that @dear_you person, who really likes swiping our content with nary a care in the world.  :angry:

Funny thing that it was a couple of JiJi shippers that alerted us to the IG posts, so our thanks go out to them.  We'd much rather work on translating interviews than having to police our videos being reposted.  In the meantime, I'll pop in here again if any others are reposted without permission or credit to give you guys a heads-up.

My DMs are open.  Slide in if you have any questions!

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, cherkell said:

Hi sweetie!  Right off the bat, the 2017 Seoul Music Awards video with English subs that has been chopped up and passed around like candy is one of ours.  There is also Wook's last MBC Section TV interview with English subs that is also one of ours, but I haven't seen it recently on Soompi.  I've been leaving comments on the various Instagram accounts that have been cutting and reposting with those infamous "credit to the owner" words in their narrative, but no one gives a [bleep].

I handle copyright law matters for a living, and the fact that The Kitchen's video productions are being swiped and wiped constantly may require us to start issuing copyright strikes against various IG and Twitter accounts.  Until that day comes,  we'll keep leaving comments in those accounts that the original video belongs to The Kitchen... starting with that @dear_you person, who really likes swiping our content with nary a care in the world.  :angry:

Funny thing that it was a couple of JiJi shippers that alerted us to the IG posts, so our thanks go out to them.  We'd much rather work on translating interviews than having to police our videos being reposted.  In the meantime, I'll pop in here again if any others are reposted without permission or credit.

My DMs are open.  Slide in if you have any questions!

Hello dear, thank you for replying and trying to clarify the issue. I know not properly giving credits to the rightful owners can be frustrating. The Seoul Music Awards video reposted here if it's the video you are referring to is different from the one from JCW Kitchen's Youtube channel. I went to check out the video from your page to see if it was the same video. The one from JCW Kitchen has a logo of KBS W Live

However, dear_you's video which is the one reposted here on this page has a logo of KBS Drama Live kind of like this one. Also, I noticed the video is hard-subbed while the one from JCW Kitchen is soft-subbed. In addition, the translations between both videos are different. 

I don't want to sound rude or anything, however, if we are going to claim the videos and start claiming copyright issues then the original owner of the videos above are through KBS which goes the same way with MBC and other stations. 

May I ask who those JiJi shippers are? As far as I know, there are many JiJi shippers (especially ex Jiji shippers) who are pretending to be shippers but are actually not shippers or only pretending fans. Maybe you should check out if they are reliable or not.

Anyway, like I said in the beginning rightfully crediting is appropriate especially when it comes to the translations. As for rightfully claiming copyright contents, this would have to be under the broadcasting channels themselves. 

• Like 11

I was going to address the copyright/crédit thing but most of what I wanted to say was already said by @luvforever

And for copyright claims, you need to own the whole thing or make transformative content out of it. Providing subs doesn’t make someone the owner of the whole video.

Anyway, I am totally with giving credit when it is due but copyright claims are not a game.

• Like 9

8 hours ago, daloula said:

I was going to address the copyright/crédit thing but most of what I wanted to say was already said by @luvforever

And for copyright claims, you need to own the whole thing or make transformative content out of it. Providing subs doesn’t make someone the owner of the whole video.

Anyway, I am totally with giving credit when it is due but copyright claims are not a game.

There are several videos of the Seoul Music Awards from different networks being circulated; we are only requesting credit where credit is due on our work with the KBS W Live content.  Because we have our videos digitally-watermarked, we can tell when one has been reposted/chopped up via a code embedded that shows under re-playback by our video application.  Under the Fair Use Act, translated subtitles are considered 'copyrighted content' when the "copyright protects the author's phrasing or form of expression."

We're not calling for ownership of the original video, and we say so in our posts.  We merely want credit for the subtitles which are being misappropriated for a narrative which was far from the video's original intent.  But when reposters delete our requests for credit and respond more often than not with "[bleep] off," we have no choice but to take alternative action.

I'm not going to call out the kind people who pointed this out (they know who they are :D ), but I consider them to be valid "shippers" who obviously respect the hard work we do at The Kitchen and wanted to let us know of the repostings.  This is the hill we will die upon.  :)

16 minutes ago, cherkell said:

There are several videos of the Seoul Music Awards from different networks being circulated; we are only requesting credit where credit is due on our work with the KBS W Live content

But in your previous post ,you directly pointed to dearu ig which I directly dmed the ig owner & she said she did not use the video from Jcw kitchen .Obviously yes because the logo is not similar .How come they want to give credit to Jcw Kitchen when they were not using it?The video was posted on 2017 & had been reposted in this thread multiple times .Why you wait until 2019 to come here & tell this now.

I think its better for you to directly contact ig & requested for your copyright videos to be taken down like what SBS did .No point for you to say it here because most Jiji shippers on IG were not lurking into this thread tho .Moreover,its againts the Soompi rules to talk about other platform's problem in this thread .Thank you .

• Like 7

48 minutes ago, pauliza said:

But in your previous post ,you directly pointed to dearu ig which I directly dmed the ig owner & she said she did not use the video from Jcw kitchen .Obviously yes because the logo is not similar .How come they want to give credit to Jcw Kitchen when they were not using it?The video was posted on 2017 & had been reposted in this thread multiple times .Why you wait until 2019 to come here & tell this now.

I think its better for you to directly contact ig & requested for your copyright videos to be taken down like what SBS did .No point for you to say it here because most Jiji shippers on IG were not lurking into this thread tho .Moreover,its againts the Soompi rules to talk about other platform's problem in this thread .Thank you .

Sorry if I was unclear earlier.  dear_you is reposting a video where our subs were added to someone else's raw video.  Whether or not he/she is the original author of the video is irrelevant.  We are merely requesting credit for our derivative work.  By reposting an IG post in Soompi also doesn't make it off-limits to criticism; any reposting of another social media's platform in Soompi is subject to the same rules regarding discussion and/or removal issues. 

There are many threads we don't read unless someone DMs us asking for clarification on something that's posted therein, or else we would have had no clue that there was an issue here.  We have been commenting for proper credit on other social media platforms since our video was first posted in January 2017, to no avail.  With the explosion of Instagram's visibility over the past two years, reposting without credit has gone off the charts.  It's not just our site; other well-known K-entertainment websites are fighting the same losing battle we are.  (And this thread was not around until mid-June 2017.)  Reposting over and over again loses the original intent, but we also have no control over that because of the "lure of the likes." 

We have contacted Instagram and action will be taken as to certain (not all) of our videos being reposted without credit.  We have the proof and they're willing to listen to our requests.  Soompi is merely one place where we've made a request for reposters to be more cognizant of previously-authored works.  We can agree to disagree, but our work will continue.

Hope you all are having a great New Year's!  Peace out.  :D

14 hours ago, cherkell said:

4 hours ago, cherkell said:

Sorry if I was unclear earlier.  dear_you is reposting a video where our subs were added to someone else's raw video.  Whether or not he/she is the original author of the video is irrelevant.  We are merely requesting credit for our derivative work.  By reposting an IG post in Soompi also doesn't make it off-limits to criticism; any reposting of another social media's platform in Soompi is subject to the same rules regarding discussion and/or removal issues. 

There are many threads we don't read unless someone DMs us asking for clarification on something that's posted therein, or else we would have had no clue that there was an issue here.  We have been commenting for proper credit on other social media platforms since our video was first posted in January 2017, to no avail.  With the explosion of Instagram's visibility over the past two years, reposting without credit has gone off the charts.  It's not just our site; other well-known K-entertainment websites are fighting the same losing battle we are.  (And this thread was not around until mid-June 2017.)  Reposting over and over again loses the original intent, but we also have no control over that because of the "lure of the likes." 

We have contacted Instagram and action will be taken as to certain (not all) of our videos being reposted without credit.  We have the proof and they're willing to listen to our requests.  Soompi is merely one place where we've made a request for reposters to be more cognizant of previously-authored works.  We can agree to disagree, but our work will continue.

Hope you all are having a great New Year's!  Peace out.  :D

Just above in your quoted first message, you were claiming the copyright of the whole videos and not only of the subtitles.

Good thing that you finally discovered how copyright works for someone working in that field. 

You will also like to know that reuploading videos that you don’t own on YouTube while adding your subtitles as you are doing in the jichangwook kitchen YouTube channel is illegal and actually adding the « no copyright infringement intended » to your descriptions can be used against you because it proves that you know that you are using content that is not yours. It is a blatant confession that you are stealing content.

The US Copyright office defines copyright infringement as the performance, publication, reproduction or distribution of a copyrighted work without the copyright holder’s permission. This also includes use in derivative works.

Not making profit out of those videos doesn’t make it ok since reuploading those videos still hurts the creators (the rightful owners = production companies / broadcasters) because it reduces the commercial value of the content and it is their property to distribute as they wish.

A better attitude next time (which I hope doesn’t happen) instead of threatening and acting condescending would have been a better approach when you yourself are not respecting the copyright laws. 

This thread has been calm and respectful for a long time and we intend for it to stay this way. 

• Like 9

On 1/5/2019 at 9:12 PM, daloula said:

I am so happy that hyunnie finally got to go on the European trip she has been talking about for almost 2 years now:

I have been MIA for so long! So glad to still see some familiar faces around. You know what's CRAZY? When hyunni was posting her pictures of her travels in Europe, I WAS THERE AT THE SAME TIME TOO! Some of the pictures she posted, I was like, WHAT?! I WAS LITERALLY JUST THERE! Somehow, I feel like maybe we could have been in the same spot around the same time, but I missed her :( I wish I would have seen her once! But I'm glad she's enjoying her time. It was a bit cold in Italy but it was super exciting to see her at the same places I was at!

• Like 11

Good morning NamJi Goners... :)

It's D-101 til Wookie finishing his MS. So close to the 2 digits countdown! Yeay... :wub:

Cr: jilighted_soompiers

So happy that we got so many updates from Jihyun yesterday... From Soopoiler, her appearance in SMA, and Eujo's Room cameo. Feel so blessed! :)

Love uri couple sooo much that 101 reasons why I love NamJi is not enough for me. Will always be and will always love NamJi 

Cr: jijicouple_517

Happy WedNiceDay everyone... Have a great day ahead :wub:

• Like 10

8 hours ago, cherkell said:

We have contacted Instagram and action will be taken as to certain (not all) of our videos being reposted without credit.  We have the proof and they're willing to listen to our requests.  Soompi is merely one place where we've made a request for reposters to be more cognizant of previously-authored works We can agree to disagree, but our work will continue.

Good .I think this is the best thing you should do - go to the RIGHT  platforms /person  & claimed for your right/copyright if you have any . As one of the reposter in this thread ,if I  saw nice videos on instagram or twitter I just shared it here.Of course I did not make research where they got the original sources etc .My point is ,no point for you to rant it here because your messages can't reach your target groups - ( Jiji shippers on instagram who stole your precious works ) because some of them not even know the existance of this thread  .Just go directly to them & tell them whatever you want .Thank you .

• Like 7

Hello guys! Today marks 101 days before wookie officially comes back to us! I am going to embark on my 101 reasons why i love namji to commemorate counting down to the special day! Hehe. As shippers, i think this is pretty meaningful and can help pass our time faster too while waiting for the last lap of his return! Hehe. Pls join me too as we await his return! I know many of u guys are still here, and i can't believe time has flown so fast that we have been here since 2017. Hehe. Can't wait to see everyone's reasons on why we are still here even after almost 2 yrs. Hehe. To start the ball rolling, here's mine! 

No. 1: Because they are so natural together! :wub:

• Like 10

5 hours ago, m i s z CHEN said:

I have been MIA for so long! So glad to still see some familiar faces around. You know what's CRAZY? When hyunni was posting her pictures of her travels in Europe, I WAS THERE AT THE SAME TIME TOO! Some of the pictures she posted, I was like, WHAT?! I WAS LITERALLY JUST THERE! Somehow, I feel like maybe we could have been in the same spot around the same time, but I missed her :( I wish I would have seen her once! But I'm glad she's enjoying her time. It was a bit cold in Italy but it was super exciting to see her at the same places I was at!

Omo! Hello dearie! Welcome back home! Hahahaha. Dang u must be so damn! To know H was in those places too. Hahaha. Good to see you back love! 

• Like 8

On 1/14/2019 at 9:22 PM, cherkell said:

16 hours ago, cherkell said:

There are several videos of the Seoul Music Awards from different networks being circulated; we are only requesting credit where credit is due on our work with the KBS W Live content.  Because we have our videos digitally-watermarked, we can tell when one has been reposted/chopped up via a code embedded that shows under re-playback by our video application.  Under the Fair Use Act, translated subtitles are considered 'copyrighted content' when the "copyright protects the author's phrasing or form of expression."

We're not calling for ownership of the original video, and we say so in our posts.  We merely want credit for the subtitles which are being misappropriated for a narrative which was far from the video's original intent.  But when reposters delete our requests for credit and respond more often than not with "[bleep] off," we have no choice but to take alternative action.

I'm not going to call out the kind people who pointed this out (they know who they are :D ), but I consider them to be valid "shippers" who obviously respect the hard work we do at The Kitchen and wanted to let us know of the repostings.  This is the hill we will die upon.  :)

Hello, let me make a few points to add to @daloula points.

You clearly stated in your post, in which I highlighted, to be claiming the original video belongs to JCW Kitchen, yet you started twisting your words once we pointed out it wasn't the same videos used. If you came in here to ask shippers to credit you on your translations then we would understand as translation credits should be given properly. However, you started claiming the video to be owned by JCW Kitchen (I'm going only based on your own words). Subbing a video (in which doesn't make you become the full owner of the video) without properly buying the copying rights or permission of the original owner is considered illegal including falsely claiming copyright ownership of a video you do not own. In addition, going after people claiming you own the videos and threatening them for videos you have no full right of is harassment. Do not abuse the copyright rules of Instagram and YouTube because you don't have full copyrights of the videos in the first place. You should know that firsthand since you claim to be doing it for a living as stated.

Second point, if you were constantly alerted by your so-called video application, then why did it take you years to finally handle the situation? As someone who works in the medical field (since we are already pulling out the occupation, knowledge card) any issues must be resolved ASAP. Clearly, it was at your own hand for not handling the issue in the first place. You waited until your subs were stolen or reposted multiple times (if dear_you really did steal your translations as you claim) before you took action. I'm sure dear_you wasn't the first one either so shouldn't you have handled the situation before it got out of hand? And if you get alerted by your video application, why does the "valid shippers" need to alert you after 2 years? Clearly, things are not adding up from your own words. 

Third point, your subbed video is considered soft-subbed on Youtube. Your JCW Kitchen logo wasn't even included in your video. Anyone can do soft-subbed on Youtube videos these days. Maybe next time, if you are so strict about people stealing your work, have your videos be in hard-subbed like many subbers do for many years. Why wait until someone steal your work then get worked up at people not properly crediting you? You could have avoided it by releasing your translations in a hard-subbed files, uploading your videos on your blog by making it private and having only members from your blog view it. I hate to break it to you but anything you uploaded on the Internet is out there in the public. Next time, don't release any of your work without taking precautions. 

Lastly, please don't bring up any issues outside of this platform. If you have any issues outside of this forum, please deal with it by resolving the issues with them. Soompi rules stated multiple times to not bring up issues outside of this forum. Address those issues yourselves without disturbing the peace in this forum. Also, may I remind you, we do not control ALL "JiJi shippers" on whatever they do nor do you control the other fans as you are also considered a fan yourself. As much as we want everyone to be responsible fans, we can't dictate everyone's actions nor tell them what to do. Please don't come in here next time blatantly throwing threats with condescending tone. You have a nice day!

• Like 9