Quantcast
angelangie

[Current Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] The Story of Ming Lan 庶女明兰传 / 知否?知否?应是绿肥红瘦

3 hours ago, Golden Flower said:
  Reveal hidden contents

The woman is GTY’s former tongfan maid (here they only call her his maid from his courtyard). Tongfan maids are ones who sleep with young master. GTY used to have 7-8 tongfan maid but only this Hong Shao left. GTY’s step-mom wants ML to takes this woman back to their house (ML & GTY live separately in his new manor) and let her serve as his lower status concubine. ML didn’t agree and GTY’s aunts-in-laws are complaining towards his step-mom about ML. Then, this maid trying to kill herself by bumping her head into the wall saying she cause Gu family unrest. The conversation is not complete and I don’t know what ML exact response and reason was. In the book, she actually took the woman to their house though not right away. She waited until she acquainted herself with management of house and new servants.

Then, ML punishes herself for going against elders by kneeling in Gu’s family ancestral hall. ML then complained to GTY that he promised her she wouldn’t live in misery before he married her but she already had to kneel for along time which he has never done in that length in Sheng family before just one day after she got married.

Thanks. Someone else translated it differently on YouTube but I can see where they switched words around since the elements are there like wife, Gu, and punishment, but doing that puts a completely different spin on things. :huh::lol:

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, ForgottenSoulx said:

How they gonna kiss and say no heart's been opened yet.. 

Hahhahha, that's exactly the main thing, they kiss, have sex, talk together, understand each other, maybe actually sacrifice things for each other, but they have never decided to talk about their pains and sorrows together.. Because on the part of minglan, she felt it might be the end of happy days and she doesn't want to get too emotional, on the part of GTY, it was giving ML peace and some some space to keep things she wants to be private, private... But once in a while, couples need to bare the hearts for their soul to be merged 

• Like 9

@leeza77 Haha, i love them together. Probably helps also knowing they are married in real life. I life their chemistry.

• Like 10

3 minutes ago, Lunkera said:

@leeza77 Haha, i love them together. Probably helps also knowing they are married in real life. I life their chemistry.

Yes, @Lunkera the interaction between them are natural.

Spoiler

Loved that he defied the norm, went out himself to buy food for her, discussing and entrusting his properties to her on their wedding night, instead of pouncing on her. Showed his great control and consideration. Lol.. And he teased and boasted to her saying the big bed is not enough for them to roll. Ha ha:D

• Like 12
  • LOL 1

@leeza77 hahaha :D 

Spoiler

He pounced on her in the end anyway ^^. It was funny when her stomach started rumbling :D . But yeah in that situation he showed self-control and instead got her food to make her happy. She needed the energy anyway haha

• Like 5
  • LOL 9

I think it was a beautiful scene how Gu Ting Ye gave Ming Lan some confidence and reassurances that she will have full control of her own life once they are married. Gu Ting Ye gave her the right to choose what she deemed best. Like she can choose to stay in the Maquis manor or elsewhere. 

So lovely they entered the competition once again as a husband and wife team.

The wedding is really of such grand scale as it was also assisted by palace personnel. Gu Ting Ye just told his side of the family to come as they are as they need not partake in any of the preparations.

• Like 11

40 minutes ago, leeza77 said:

Ha ha.. Ershu is so funny and unique

:D hhahhahhahhah.. Omg gu tin ye is probably one of the funniest character I've seen in dramas lately.. Plus they are such a natural together. The chemistry is so there, maybe due to their real life relationship, but they make it seem so real that you will think they actually got married in real life then.. Wow.. They are really great actors. Zhao li Ying x feng shao feng :joy:

• Like 10
  • LOL 3

34 minutes ago, Suzzy San said:

:D hhahhahhahhah.. Omg gu tin ye is probably one of the funniest character I've seen in dramas lately.. Plus they are such a natural together. The chemistry is so there, maybe due to their real life relationship, but they make it seem so real that you will think they actually got married in real life then.. Wow.. They are really great actors. Zhao li Ying x feng shao feng :joy:

Funny thing is, many thought they lacked chemistry on their movie monkey king 3 so they doubted their chemistry here, even up until early episodes. Not me, I can already see the chemistry ever since the first trailer where gty greeted ml infront of the examination result (tbh I squealed lol)

• Like 11
  • LOL 2

8 minutes ago, nichiwoohee said:

Funny thing is, many thought they lacked chemistry on their movie monkey king 3 so they doubted their chemistry here, even up until early episodes. Not me, I can already see the chemistry ever since the first trailer where gty greeted ml infront of the examination result (tbh I squealed lol)

So true, the chemistry is there from the very start of this drama.. I think they were a little bit conflicted with their real feelings on monkey King since they only started dating after that, so it's a movie where most of the times, they were flustered by what they felt in real life leading to them being somehow shy with each other.. Hahahahhaha but they have the chemistry here so well.. I love their communication scenes the most :kiss_wink: sometimes, no matter how professional one strives to be, once the feelings is really there, you act so shy, until when you have become so real.. Just like when Tang Yan and Luo Jin were not dating but the feelings was there, their scenes are always like being shy.. But when they became a couple, omg one of the power couple with explosive chemistry I know.. He hehe 

3 minutes ago, heatherbee said:
  Hide contents

Wow...that was so sweet of him,buying her hungry wifeyy a food:relaxed:watching this is like Im watching the real life FSF:heart:ZLY wedding:relaxed:and theres nothing funnier than GTY 's laugh:D

His laughter is the best.. True, it feels as if I'm watching feng shao feng and zhao liying's wedding and not GTY and ML.. It felt so real and natural 

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, nichiwoohee said:

Keep it coming!! :love:

Good thing her tummy rumbled.. if not gty would have shoved rong er out the door to quickly start the wedding night

Spoiler

They have a very heart-warming talk.. Gty told him about his 2 children and that the son chang-er was still can't be found. He's adamant to find him. He told her he kept on reassuring grandma that there will be no more illegimate coming from him and ml told him that the reasin the grandma agreed with this wedding. Ml told him that she will make sure that the mistakes that were done by her step mom won't be happened to Rong. And gty thanked her profusely saying that it was not a mistake for him to marry her.. 

• Like 12
  • LOL 1

2 minutes ago, Suzzy San said:

So true, the chemistry is there from the very start of this drama.. I think they were a little bit conflicted with their real feelings on monkey King since they only started dating after that, so it's a movie where most of the times, they were flustered by what they felt in real life leading to them being somehow shy with each other.. Hahahahhaha but they have the chemistry here so well.. I love their communication scenes the most :kiss_wink:

Yes.. I like that they talk about stuff in the open, hopefully it will continues and dont leave any misunderstandings

I hope the link works, ep 43 spoiler

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, nichiwoohee said:

While in mk3, he was a monk.. I feel like something wrong with tang if he got so much chemistry with the queen. But, the chemistry was there and it was subtle. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, leeza77 said:
  Hide contents

They have a very heart-warming talk.. Gty told him about his 2 children and that the son chang-er was still can't be found. He's adamant to find him. He told her he kept on reassuring grandma that there will be no more illegimate coming from him and ml told him that the reasin the grandma agreed with this wedding. Ml told him that she will make sure that the mistakes that were done by her step mom won't be happened to Rong. And gty thanked her profusely saying that it was not a mistake for him to marry her.. 

I can guess that he mentioned his children, but didnt quite grasp everything. Thank you :heart:

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, nichiwoohee said:

Probably anti's, now, they can choked:tounge_xd:

• Like 4

Just now, leeza77 said:

While in mk3, he was a monk.. I feel like something wrong with tang if he got so much chemistry with the queen. But, the chemistry was there and it was subtle. 

I feel like yingbao is easily compatible with every costars. But in MK3 fsf really held back a lot,  he didnt give any expression, well as you say he was a monk..:lol: 

• Like 7
  • LOL 1

2 minutes ago, heatherbee said:

Probably anti's, now, they can choked:tounge_xd:

Choking will continue due to the sweetness to come 

• Like 8
  • LOL 1

20 minutes ago, leeza77 said:
  Hide contents

I’m glad Rong Jie didn’t get neglected in the drama like in the novel. Just sucks sbout the son. Hate seeing bad things happen to children but it is a reality in those kinds of households sometimes. :(

• Like 6
  • Sad 1