[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] The Story of Ming Lan 庶女明兰传 / 知否?知否?应是绿肥红瘦

Lynne

5 hours ago, Suzzy San said:

Hmm, I think it's now upto understanding, for me, it actually consistent considering GTY's character, he is someone that won't show his sadness and will take the light part of the matter and turn it to humor in order to release tension.. And I think that's what the writer was going, everything was becoming too serious, and GTY is known for jokingly lessening the gravity of seriousness in the show like he did for the land case, that ML got angry over .. So it's not that he isn't sad about the predicaments ML is going through, he is rather afraid, sad, sorrowful but wants to make sure her own anxious and worried state is lessened

since I have not seen the episode I will reserve my comments, thank you though

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, mooose said:

ML vs the fat bandit was hilarious! 

I also love some of the anticlimatic moments eg that wierd/fake scream when SH discovered ML and 6th Liang. Also that headbutt Danniang gave Changbai when he sentenced her, I just burst out laughing! :lol:

The actress who played Daniang confirmed in a reply on wb that the headbutt was specifically designed by herself. :lol: I guess it shows although she was furious with CB, she loved CB too much to slap him like Old Madam Wang.

On 2/8/2019 at 7:04 PM, dito said:

He knew about QH and what he investigated about her family but not the details of her childhood and stuff.

Reveal hidden contents

The first conversation had most of what she said to QH in the temple about how the world is different for men and women. How women pay the price for love men walk free. She said look at you....you went around doing ridiculous things for 10 years and when you came back you were welcomed as prodigal son. If I take a single wrong step my life is ruined. Then she told him about her childhood. After her mom died, if granny had not cared for her she wouldn't be here today. Her childhood was spent being worried and afraid for her tomorrow. She is a shu daughter.....so for her love and things like that.... she does not have luxury to afford those things. 

Then she talks about general shen's first wife who died saving the empress....says you say they both loved each other very much. But look at them now...woman is dead the husband is married to another, has a child on the way. Is that love? She paid the price for his family to stay alive. Would you want me to do something like that for you? GTY gets angry and says of course not. She says loving someone is not dying for them but doing everything in your power to stay alive for them.

He then asks about QH, that did she ever love him. And she tells him she never had any thoughts of him. He is too high for her. And she's not someone who pines for someone out of reach and only to end up crying broke hearted when he marries someone else. GTY tells her he heard QH fought his mother a lot for you. ML gets angry and says so what? Just because he likes me, I have to like him too. Then something about if QH had the ability to do more then he'd have got her(not sure about this) she was being very cruel talking about QH. GTY says if he could hear what you think about him....ML tells him she said even worse things than this to QH's face. Then he asks why do you look guilty when I talk about him. ML says because he was sincere and I was selfish. He really liked me and never looked down on me, was never embarrassed to be with me but all I ever thought about was myself.

So if you want me to like you....then I can't help you. Because I'm already a person without a heart and soul.

She was crying heavily by the end and GTY wanted to comfort her but went back to his study and thought a lot. Then later that night he came back and saw her sleeping with their son, her face still wet with tears. Seeing her like that he just gave up and moved back in. Told the servants to move his stuff back in the morning.

This is of course, not 100% accurate....only what i could understand from Google translate.

The second conversation happened after he came back to handle granny's poisoning. 

By then the Gu manor was separated....Gu uncles and aunts were all living separately and struggling. GTY had already take his revenge on them. The cousin were in exile. ML only found out afterwards that this was GTYs revenge. 

GTY was asking ML about what she had done and his shock at that. ML started telling everything and crying that all of this happened because of her. Granny was worried ML life would become difficult because of the  Kang Aunt interference. Because of this fear Granny was especially harsh on Daniang which then angered Daniang to make her go this route. ML was angry at granny for always worrying about her and not even relaxing in her old age. She then told him she could have done even worse things for granny. Then she said when manniang attacked me you stayed calm and disposed of her in a very proper manner so as to avoid gossip.

But when you really have a person in your heart, and they are in danger you will feel panic and loose your senses...like me with grandmother. Tell me when you first heard Manniang attacked me....how did feel....did you panic? Did you feel your mind in chaos? even after knowing I was unharmed did you feel furious enough to go avenge me immediately?  

GTY stayed silent. ML continued ..I feel that true love is not how many smart things you do for the other but how many stupid things you do for them. We will grow old and love each other for the rest of our lives so I must be a good wife and a good mother....just like this.

GTY then remembered something that ML said a long time ago.......too many emotions you can easily get hurt.....living a life of calm contentment is the best.

I paraphrased a lot....and somethings that i couldn't understand...I guessed.....so again not 100% accurate.

@dito.... Thanks for this translation chingu..  I am going to be honest here. I love this drama but I love Ming Lan I. The book more because her POV moments are hilarious. I started reading the book because I love reading ML as a child. She is so adorable. Many thanks for the scenes chingu 

giphy.gif?cid=4bf119fc5c614d5c364d334b6f

I just wanna point out some facts as some posters are confused and kept saying them wrong.

(1) HL has been raised by grandma when she was young (it was mentioned in ep1 when Grandma gave HL her dowry) and that's why her thought process and behavior has been different from RL though they are both Daniang's daughter. Daniang also spoiled RL more being youngest, did not bare to see her suffer and did not send her to grandma. 

(2) Molan is NOT married to a Count. She is married to the sixth son of Count of Yongcheng who won't be inheriting the title (though it was not clear how many sons Madam Wu has, it wasn't mentioned Liang Han was the only di son. I'm pretty sure she has older di sons though the oldest is a shu son.) So, Molan's son if she got any in the future won't also inherit the Count title. Molan's husband currently do not have an official position and hasn't passed the imperial palace exam yet. On the other hand, GTY was lucky enough to inherit the title even though he was the second son and he is also the General of capital army. ML is already the wife of Marquess, received noble woman title and her eldest son will inherit the title. These facts already indicate huge differences in status between Molan and ML. Molan, who always wanted to be above or at least equal status with all her sisters, will be burning with fury inside. 

(3) The noble concubine Liu is NOT the niece of ED.  ED took her son as a hostage so that NCL will listen to her orders faithfully and she also might have plan to use him as a puppet emperor. NCL also gave her son to ED though she knew he was being held hostage (she made herself drunk before sending him to ED) so that she could request her help in promoting her family members (her sister asked her to request to ED for GTY's army position) and to increase the chance of her son inheriting the throne with ED's support. It was mentioned that NCL doesn't have strong maternal family being from You Zhou when she was throwing her tantrum for reducing her son's wet nurses. 

16 hours ago, m0us3y said:

Thanks for the explanation @Golden Flower @leeza77

I can't say I'm impressed with his behaviour, be it gleeful or happy, as it just doesn't sound right to be happy when his wife is down on her knees begging and crying, but it could be because he doesn't know and realised that she went to that extent.. only knows she created a ruckus.. I haven't actually watch the episodes, just previews and comments from fellow chingus in this thread. 

So I'll refrain from commenting further until I've watched.. so that I wouldn't jump into conclusion and judge too quickly. 

@m0us3y @zenya22 I also agree with you that GTY needing to see ML being out of her clam self should not be included in this scene. I think he seeing her getting jealous and being unhappy, for him arranging Feng Sheng's living place (concubine given by his paternal aunt) after just a few days of giving birth and facing life and death situation, should have been enough. Women can get headache quite often for the rest of their life if they cry or emotionally upset during the first month after delivery. He should already understand how much ML has begged, cried and caused ruckus when Huan Wang used the word (sapo, meaning cry, cause ruckus and being unreasonable) and said that he would have asked to carry her out forcefully if he were his mom (Empress). However, he was so gleeful to the point of even wanting to hear personal account in details from someone present at the scene. This is one of those scenes which I believe the writers added unnecessarily, losing momentum for the characters and making the drama so long. 

@matrim According to my understanding of criminal punishment law in ancient China, an official who is just being demoted won't be imprisoned and exiled unless he is convicted of a crime. @linhlinh111 am I correct? General Shen addressed him as felon Gu and it was mentioned by ML, Empress and General Shen of GTY going to be exiled (in autumn). Hopefully, we will find out in details in today's 2 episodes what happened. I stop taking literally on writers' dialogues as I have caught many discrepancies as they don't seem to remember what is being said in previous episodes. (Recently, during fire rescue scene when being prevented from helping put out fire at Chen garden by his parents, QH mentioned his mom giving ML a bangle in token of being his younger sister but actually it was southern pearl necklaces that was being given to Sheng girls.) In preview below, Molan mentioned Wang Old Madam and stepmom winning and about GTY losing Marquess title (which she said the title which he attained by lying, stealing and forcing). 

https://www.weibo.com/tv/v/Hg8DmtKst?fid=1034:4338464385083531

@hello210 The emperor's decree regards to GTY's punishment hasn't been shown yet. We just saw the previews of his losing title mentioned by Molan (above preview) and he being about to be exiled. I do understand Marquess house won't be taken away if third brother going to inherit the title. Then, GTY won't be getting the title back and stepmom would have kicked ML out. Marquess house and Chen garden have sort of combined but not really as they just have a gate in the wall (it is different from the book) and garden around the wall. I guess I will stop speculating/ commenting until I saw the actual episodes. I'm rather doubtful of writers taking careful considerations for these details of taking away the houses seeing how things have been presented in recent episodes 73-74. 

@dito I was so amazed at the writers for bringing in Bai uncle just to accuse GTY wrongfully taking his grandfather inheritance by fake will, the case which happened over at least 12 years ago and already solved in favor of GTY by Yan Zhou prefect and SH who were government officials. I understand that they want to show that stepmom want to make GTY's integrity questionable and want to portray him being above the law in front of emperor and officials by bringing in MN and Bai uncle but it is so unnecessary to bring in a case that was already settled. I thought they will make something unlawful regards in salt trading and blame it on GTY like you predicted. MN accusing GTY of killing the son in front of her, really? They could have figured out how and when the son died by looking at his bones and compared with the time MN come to GTY's house and spreading rumors in the city.

7 hours ago, Golden Flower said:

I'm just saying it doesn't make sense that both stepmom and ML can stay in Marquess manor and Chen garden if GTY is no longer General and Marquess and no one else from Gu family holds the title. Both houses are given by previous emperor for being Marquess and current one to GTY for being General. Especially Chen garden is given to GTY for being a Hutuo Tu (person in charge of capital army that protects the imperial family) and it should be taken away after being convicted criminal. An official being demoted vs convicted felon are totally different situations. 

@Golden FlowerHmmmmm, not consistent with the laws of the land then? It is confusing. I mean it would have been good to see Madam Qin homeless. ML too would be out of a home but she has grandma and the Sheng home to run to. However,  if ML still stayed at the Chen Garden, even after the edict of property confiscation, is it not giving the the dowager reasons to claim that the emperor is not efficient in enforcing his own edict and the law and therefore a need for change in administration? 

GTY is a convicted felon and the nonconfiscation of the property by the emperor is by design to nudge the dowager empress to anger and rebel? In this case the empress dowager would be in the right to accuse the emperor of being an inefficient ruler would she not? And the censors and scholars would be on her side. Even if GTY comes back to rescue the emperor and be given his title and properties back, I would think that the emperor would not last long. His inability to rule with consistency would not be forgotten easily. I would not blame GTY and ML if they took their family away from the capital to live peacefully and raise a big family. I just think that the emperor could have designed more calculating but reasonable plan and protect himself and his followers, to discourage the dowager from backseat ruling. 

How were these plots written in the book if I may ask? 

5 minutes ago, UnniSarah said:

Question anyone 

I was wondering was CB and GTY best friends / Brothers in the novel too. I find CB and GTY friendship really the best. 

No, it's added in the drama. They had little interactions in the novel.

18 minutes ago, UnniSarah said:

Question anyone 

I was wondering was CB and GTY best friends / Brothers in the novel too. I find CB and GTY friendship really the best. 

No. GTY and GB weren't best friends and not even close at all since GTY never met ML and Sheng family at Yanzhou when he was a teenager. GTY is also a few years older than CB. It was QH and CB who were close though not sure they were considered best friend. QH and CB were closer in age, only a year apart and in the epilogue, QH visits CB's house often and arranged one of his grandsons to marry one of CB's granddaughters who is also 6th Sheng girl, looks like and acts like ML.  

7 hours ago, minglan1 said:

I am still on the fence about grandma being moral compass.The way she was kept in the dark about ML's scheming and the girl's steadfast refusal to divulge.I think it's her own belief system that she uses as her compass.If she feels an advise is reasonable she might adhere/in corporate but it's not gauranteed. 

She went with granny's advise on Aunt Kang because the old lady was the victim.Old Madam Sheng's views take precedence in her own matter.

@minglan1, For me, I think grandmother was not only a moral compass for ML, but she was also someone who gave her wisdom. It didn't take long for me to see that grandmother was able to punch back with her words alone. The same can be said for ML. Her in laws and others are constantly shocked by her wisdom for one so young. This wisdom is something she learned from grandmother and also from observing others.  That's why she's so incredibly close to her grandmother--she's someone that she deeply admires.

Both ML and her middle sister, who is the "legitimate" daughter, had the same fiery temple and had a hard time guarding their mouth when they were little. However, as adults, ML has surpassed her sister in wisdom and how to respond effectively in different situations. That's the kind of knowledge you gain from living. In a way, ML was sheltered from a lot, but she lived through and with her grandmother.

Her grandmother gave her wisdom and knowledge.

5 hours ago, Golden Flower said:

General Shen also requested emperor to let him take convicted felon Gu along with his army as he is good with military strategies being excellent in both fields. He would make sure to bring him back, let him go back to prison after coming back and then exiled him in the autum. Emperor first denied general shen's request but later approved since Wang family requested to let GTY go to war (stepmom told her maid Xiang mama that ED asked Wang family to do that request since it is easier to kill GTY away from palace than being imprisoned in palace near emperor and his other powerful friends). 

@Golden Flower, I had high hopes that the king was smart enough to see through the plot of those around him and that he and GTY were on the same page. In ep 67 or 68, GTY told Shitou that the ground had frozen and things were about to get bad. He asked Shitou if he was ready. Shitou told him that frozen ground was a good time for killing.  So it appears that GTY has planned and determined an outcome--especially being an army strategist. 

Now I wonder if things are still going according to his plans?  Is the king in he loop, or did he keep the king in the dark--the same way he did when he took the jade seal so the Dowager Empress couldn't get it? I'm hoping that those who lied will pay for their crimes.

@UnniSarah, Hey chingu!! It's good to see you here. Could you or someone on the thread send me a PM where I can read this book? I've truly fell in love with this drama and it's on my rewatch list. I would love to read the book. Sometimes books give you more detailed information.

2 hours ago, Golden Flower said:

I just wanna point out some facts as some posters are confused and kept saying them wrong.

(1) HL has been raised by grandma when she was young (it was mentioned in ep1 when Grandma gave HL her dowry) and that's why her thought process and behavior has been different from RL though they are both Daniang's daughter. Daniang also spoiled RL more being youngest, did not bare to see her suffer and did not send her to grandma. 

(2) Molan is NOT married to a Count. She is married to the sixth son of Count of Yongcheng who won't be inheriting the title (though it was not clear how many sons Madam Wu has, it wasn't mentioned Liang Han was the only di son. I'm pretty sure she has older di sons though the oldest is a shu son.) So, Molan's son if she got any in the future won't also inherit the Count title. Molan's husband currently do not have an official position and hasn't passed the imperial palace exam yet. On the other hand, GTY was lucky enough to inherit the title even though he was the second son and he is also the General of capital army. ML is already the wife of Marquess, received noble woman title and her eldest son will inherit the title. These facts already indicate huge differences in status between Molan and ML. Molan, who always wanted to be above or at least equal status with all her sisters, will be burning with fury inside. 

(3) The noble concubine Liu is NOT the niece of ED.  ED took her son as a hostage so that NCL will listen to her orders faithfully and she also might have plan to use him as a puppet emperor. NCL also gave her son to ED though she knew he was being held hostage (she made herself drunk before sending him to ED) so that she could request her help in promoting her family members and to increase the chance of her son inheriting the throne with ED's support. It was mentioned that NCL doesn't have strong maternal family being from You Zhou when she was throwing her tantrum for reducing her son's wet nurses. 

@m0us3y @zenya22 I also agree with you that GTY needing to see ML being out of her clam self should not be included in this scene. I think he seeing her getting jealous and being unhappy, for him arranging Feng Sheng's living place (concubine given by his paternal aunt) after just a few days of giving birth and facing life and death situation, should have been enough. Women can get headache quite often for the rest of their life if they cry or emotionally upset during the first month after delivery. He should already understand how much ML has begged, cried and caused ruckus when Huan Wang used the word (sapo, meaning cry, cause ruckus and being unreasonable) and said that he would have asked to carry her out if he was his mom (Empress). However, he was so gleeful to the point of even wanting to hear personal account in details from someone present at the scene. This is one of those scenes which I believe the writers added unnecessarily, losing momentum for the characters and making the drama so long. 

@matrim According to my understanding of criminal punishment law in ancient China, an official who is just being demoted won't be imprisoned and exiled unless he is convicted of a crime. @linhlinh111 am I correct? General Shen addressed him as felon Gu and it was mentioned by ML, Empress and General Shen of GTY going to be exiled (in autumn). Hopefully, we will find out in details in today's 2 episodes what happened. I stop taking literally on writers' dialogues as I have caught many discrepancies as they don't seem to remember what is being said in previous episodes. (Recently, during fire rescue scene when being prevented from helping put out fire at Chen garden by his parents, QH mentioned his mom giving ML a bangle in token of being his younger sister but actually it was southern pearl necklaces that was being given to Sheng girls.) In preview below, Molan mentioned Wang Old Madam and stepmom winning and about GTY losing Marquess title (which she said the title which he attained by lying, stealing and forcing). 

https://www.weibo.com/tv/v/Hg8DmtKst?fid=1034:4338464385083531

@hello210 The emperor's decree regards to GTY's punishment hasn't been shown yet. We just saw the previews of his losing title mentioned by Molan (above preview) and he being about to be exiled. I do understand Marquess house won't be taken away if third brother going to inherit the title. Then, GTY won't be getting the title back and stepmom would have kicked ML out. Marquess house and Chen garden have sort of combined but not really as they just have a gate in the wall (it is different from the book) and garden around the wall. I guess I will stop speculating/ commenting until I saw the actual episodes. I'm rather doubtful of writers taking careful considerations for these details of taking away the houses seeing how things have been presented in recent episodes 73-74. 

@dito I was so amazed at the writers for bringing in Bai uncle just to accuse GTY wrongfully taking his grandfather inheritance by fake will, the case which happened over at least 12 years ago and already solved in favor of GTY by Yan Zhou prefect and SH who were government officials. I understand that they want to show that stepmom want to make GTY's integrity questionable and want to portray him being above the law in front of emperor and officials by bringing in MN and Bai uncle but it is so unnecessary to bring in a case that was already settled. I thought they will make something unlawful regards in salt trading and blame it on GTY like you predicted. MN accusing GTY of killing the son in front of her, really? They could have figured out how and when the son died by looking at his bones and compared with the time MN come to GTY's house and spreading rumors in the city.

Actually there are 2 types of exiling that can be used in feudal times: 

-  Literary exiling: meaning an official/citizen is convicted of a crime, he will be escorted to a snowy northern bordering area to do hard labor.

- Metaphorical exiling: meaning when an official lose the Emperor's favor, he will be demoted to a bottom-level official and sent off to a faraway poor rural place with no prospects of promotion. I thought this is what happened to QH since I remember in the novel he also worked for a period of time as a local official. But it seems I misunderstood. He just got demoted. I realized it when QH appeared again in the drama but too lazy to edit my previous posts.

preview

https://www.weibo.com/tv/v/Hg3SsCCwJ?fid=1034:4338280880346702

Spoiler

QH's wife help QH leave home to go talk to ML and herself giving great advice to ML who wasn't in right mind to plan things constructively. 

@linhlinh111 I thought QH requested to emperor to dismiss him from being an imperial censor. His new position is just acquired and not yushi under imperial censor academy.  His current position is jian yi Lang juan though I'm not sure what kind of work it entails.

For GTY's case, he was being imprisoned and addressed as criminal/ felon. So, I'm assuming he is literally exiled. I've missed the beginning of epi 75 when imperial edit was announced though I'm viewing live. So, I need to rewatch that part.  :D 

@leeza77  @dito

Spoiler

GTY actually lost the Marquess title and ML also lost her noble title. However, she still wore her noble woman attire (told her grandma she no longer care it is appropriate or not to wear) and went to struck the drum. The emperor ignored ML's request to have audience by beating the drum. He didn't give a darn even when QH, Huan Wang, General Shen, Duan and Geng petitioned. He drove QH out of the throne hall. I got that it is because of the plan emperor is not hearing her case to make ED believe. If that is the case and ML not being able to help GTY, what's the point of making GTY kill Aunty Kang, Wang family making a huge ruckus, bringing up old things like MN and Bai uncle (then Bai uncle getting killed), being imprisoned when he already has other serious crimes that can cause him being demoted and taken away his Marquess title like leaving his post (to help ML with grandma's poisoning) and defying imperial decree to come into the palace and not returning the military tiger token as soon as he came back. They could have just caught Aunty Kang trying to stab ML and her crime will be made known that Wang family has nothing to say about since Daniang wasn't involved like in grandma poisoning case. I know the writers probably also want to make stepmom having more attributed crimes. However, stepmom accusing GTY of trying to kill his own brother by burning down his house wasn't important and not included in GTY's sentencing decree. Stepmom will be involved with letting bandits into the house and this crime will be more serious than housing Aunty Kang. I understand they're trying to make everything more dramatic and want to kill off villains like Aunty Kang, Bai uncle, MN instead of them just being imprisoned and banished to the village. However, all the ruckus of suing GTY is unnecessary and made the drama longer by nearly three episodes. By having those arguments and ruckus, I just want to laugh at flimsiness of the writing instead of feeling sympathy towards OTP.

My one word to describe Molan. She is a snob. She looks down at anyone and everything. I loved it when Sheng Hong reminded her of her failure as a wife. She is not producing a child while all her sisters already have one or two. I think she is more a direct kin to Auntie Kang as they operate the same way. Their home is a mess but they want to interfere in another family's affairs.

5 hours ago, Golden Flower said:

Although I agree that there are a lot of weakness in the writing for the whole drama especially in recent episodes including ruckus caused by Wang family, stepmom & Gu family, Bai family and MN in imperial throne room and reason GTY being imprisoned and exiled, I think Molan's motive to destroy ML is understandable and not weak. Molan is not only jealous but hates ML to guts by this point. She might also think that she won't be caught for releasing Aunty Kang as it was stepmom who took Kang in and Kang would never admit getting help from Molan, a shu daughter whom she despised of. I have summarized Molan's attitudes towards ML from the beginning to this point in my pervious post two pages ago. Molan is like Aunty Kang who thinks that her needs should be given priority over anyone and her position including in their father's heart should be higher than any of her sister. She didn't think that she would be treated as outsider by SH until recently. She would be really furious when she was scolded by SH for trying to involve in Sheng's family affair no matter how much she beg him to tell her when she knew ML and her guards were involved in solving this situation. She was already pissed at ML for not allowing her mother spiritual tablet to be erected in the temple as well as when empress said the girl GTY is going to marry is very lucky and blessed (it was shown Molan squashing Longan fruit with her fingers at the Polo match where GTY proposed to ML and requested empress's hairpin as bestowment for his new bride). 

@leeza77 I'm pretty sure GTY was convicted, imprisoned and going to be exiled after imprisoned for certain period. He wasn't just being demoted. If he is just demoted, he won't be imprisoned, exiled and his hereditary Marquess title won't be taken away, just his general title will be taken away. I'm not talking about grandplan if it exists but in the eyes of public, they took away his Marquess title (Molan mentioned about it and belittled ML and ML didn't deny it). In the preview, empress actually told ML why GTY can't be imprisoned and exiled when he committed crime right after ML struck the drum (she was wearing noble lady attire). ML also told her family that they still have time to figure things out before he is actually exiled in autumn. General Shen also requested emperor to let him take convicted felon Gu along with his army as he is good with military strategies being excellent in both fields. He would make sure to bring him back, let him go back to prison after coming back and then exiled him in the autum. Emperor first denied general shen's request but later approved since Wang family requested to let GTY go to war (stepmom told her maid Xiang mama that ED asked Wang family to do that request since it is easier to kill GTY away from palace than being imprisoned in palace near emperor and his other powerful friends). 

@GoldenFlower  Also we must not forget that ML marriage was the big event of the year something Molan always seen herself having.. She thought that marrying the Liang Count would give her all the extravagance that she thought she deserved only to be fooled by her and CL on foolishness.. Molan thought she being the Eldest that her beauty was above her younger sisters and she should be next in line to marry.. Being that Minglan was younger then her and had her MIL eyeing Minglan for her son and finding out QH never gave her the time of day not even in a thought was just to unacceptable for her.. Molan thought if she didn't act then she'll become and old spinster or a concubine like her mom..

Now did GTy actually get convicted of killing Aunt Kang.? Did the accusation hold up of him killing her in the court yard.? So all those people that was in Minglang room when Aunt Kang was there with a knife stabbing people are liars.. This has to be some sort of plan because none of it makes sense.. Here it is she was lock up behind Minglan only to go to her home and assits with a delivery.. I know the King can't be this densed.. Do they even mention the incident of her trying to kill Granny.. The more I type this the more I've come to the conclusion this has to be a setup for the ED..

Please explain the titles these houses carries..

Duke: IDK

Marquis: Pillar to the Royal Family.

Count: QH dad being married to the princess

4 hours ago, matrim said:

In one of the recent previews, eunuch Li confronted ML "How dare you defy imperior edcit and not come into the palace. Is Gu Clan revolting against the emperor?" ML just ordered Shitou to detain eunuch Li. This is in line with the novel plot when ED launched rebellion and tried to lure noblewomen from families of emperor's side into the palace and used them as hostages. If ML wasn't Marquis Gu's wife, it doesn't make sense for eunuch Li to deliver such an order. This is one proof that GTY just got demoted but didn't lose his title.

@matrim  So the ED tried to barrow one from the previous Emperor concubine books.. The ED may be smart but pulling a move like this wouldn't fly with Minglan.. Her husband is already in the palace prison who she has seen already and probably that day.. Minglan read between the lines why would a Eunich come to her at house night wanting her to go to the palace can't be good.. So the Ed was going to use her to have GTY probably kill himself to save her or they both would be killed.. Most likely both would be killed.. The Ed wouldn't leave Minglan alive to tell the story of what she done.  Well the funny part to this is the ED never factored in the part if the person you need don't come.. Now she got her Eunichs put in a bind and no way to explain herself out of this.. 

This could be the reasons why she sent her soliders there..

I was wondering how could they take GTY marquis title from him.. He inherited his own title but also inherited the marquis title from his brother which generations of Gu's has died defending the country just like him.. This title is past down from generation to generation.. So GTY son his he next in line to inhherit the title not 3rd brother..  the Gus was part of founding the dynasty i wonder.. To strip him of his tile is a slap in the ancestors faces and a mark on the emperor himself.. Who would want to fight a war for him only to be treated like this. 

Oh Yes @lclarakl One of my favorites line from GTY is when he told his brother. Pretentious display of proper etiquett should be done.. OUCH.. Rub salt in the wounds..   

I can't wait for tomorrow.. So intense. 

Spoiler

Trailer shows.. MN come back to kill ml's son.. Seem that Rong prevents her.. and injured because of that. 

Madam Zhang really a warrior woman. Protects her household with sword in her hand.. Admire her. 

Tonight CB and Sheng Hong has cooperate to shoo stepmom's maid away from ML. Cb throw her the miniature while SH used the feather duster to hit her.. Ha ha. What's a pair. Thry trully love Ml. :tears: http://p.weibo.com/show/channerWbH5/1034:4338628726570498

3 minutes ago, leeza77 said:

I can't wait for tomorrow.. So intense. 

Hide contents

Trailer shows.. MN come back to kill ml's son.. Seem that Rong prevents her.. and injured because of that. 

Madam Zhang really a warrior woman. Protects her household with sword in her hand.. Admire her. 

Tonight CB and Sheng Hong has cooperate to shoo stepmom's maid away from ML. Cb throw her the miniature while SH used the feather duster to hit her.. Ha ha. What's a pair. Thry trully love Ml. :tears:

Is there a trailer link?

Archived