[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] The Story of Ming Lan 庶女明兰传 / 知否?知否?应是绿肥红瘦

Lynne

12 hours ago, dancingbee said:

Never seen any husband who is so gleeful that his wife is jealous!  In general cases, they are irritated, upset, guilty, or some kind of negative attitude. This Marquis Gu is having such a great time, so much enjoying, and looking forward to his wife's being green with anger from jealousy!
I'd say he is not quite normal  :)

Hahaha I know right. Gu is actually a funny one. As  they say,  when your woman is jealous it means or shows she loves you more than. So maybe he's soo gleeful about it.

I like the comedic touches in this drama. omg  remember when changbai mistook Gu's intention of marrying  his sister. Everyone's reaction had me laughing :lol:

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, leeza77 said:

In normal circumstances, yes i agreed. But gty, despite of having a cheerful disposition, i think he's an unsecure guy. Being unloved by the father and fake love by the stepmom. When he saw the kind of love and devotion share between ml and grandma, he wanted the same thing. And he got it tonight from ml. I can't blame him for being happy for that despite the crappy circumstances. He didn't plan that. Just took pleasure out of it. 

I agree and disagree......:lol: I actually think that GTY is extremely confident and secure in himself and those he's close to around him; despite being deceived by two women in the past. In the matter of love, I think, despite not having a father's love, he did have the love of his mother, grandfather, his daughter, and Nanny (the wet nurse who raised him), he also felt secure in the love he thought the had from fake stepmother and manipulative lover.  However, despite being deceived, it didn't shape his whole reality... he still openly and willingly gave his heart to ML without any reservations.

What is causing his insecurity has to do with too much knowledge from the past.  He knows ML is faithful and loyal to him, however, he wants to hear her say or act in a way that demonstrates that she's in love with him (let the little green eyed monster out). After all, he was the middle man between her and her first love and tried to get them back together. So having that knowledge of her previous love, he's a little insecure as to whether or not she's completely over ex--that she's willing to bare herself for him and not hold anything back

Tread:  I'm sure some of the Moderators will have a laugh at this because I have been known to break a rule or two or three...:P

Just a friendly reminder that per Soompi rules, we are not to quote pictures or videos. The Mods, who are busy monitoring the forum, will have to go back into your post and delete out the pictures and videos. However, you can copy and paste the pictures and videos into your own comment.  I have a vested interest in what you've posted because I'm late to the thread and the things that are being reposted I'm finding extremely interesting--so thank you for sharing.

3 hours ago, leeza77 said:

Ha ha.. Grandma weibo revealed there is a grand plan.. Ml I suggest that when this is over, you go hiding, teach gty a lesson for not telling you. 

https://m.weibo.cn/profile/5292356619

Idk I still find it hard to believe that he did all of this just to test her love. I feel like he already knows by now that she loves him. 

18 minutes ago, Sirry Usly said:

Idk I still find it hard to believe that he did all of this just to test her love. I feel like he already knows by now that she loves him. 

I think he didn't do it to test her, he, from what can be said, was just trying to not drag her into his fearless plan that might cause more problems if it fails.. Her openly showing her love just came as a coincidence with this issue so he was just too happy when she said she will stand by him and when prince Huan told him she went to beg the empress, even though it was a sad situation, since the way she is behaving was like during grandma's case, so he is just very happy he is the other very important person to .. I think he just didn't tell her that they had a plan so that GTY's failure will look more real since ML will beg hard for his release and also, the same thing, to not bring her more trouble by telling her an imperial secret.. GTY can sacrifice himself but he does not want to sacrifice MLan's happiness for one royal mission .. Then the ED wouldn't know she is walking into a trap.. 

6 minutes ago, Suzzy San said:

I think he didn't do it to test her, he, from what can be said, was just trying to not drag her into his fearless plan that might cause more problems if it fails.. He was just too happy when she said she will stand by him, even though it was a sad situation, since now he is the other very important person to her.. I think he just didn't tell her that they had a plan so that GTY's failure will look more real since ML will beg hard for his release and also, the same thing, to not bring her more trouble by telling her an imperial secret.. GTY can sacrifice himself but he does not want to sacrifice MLan's happiness for one royal mission .. Then the ED wouldn't know she is walking into a trap.. 

Oh yay! I was like there is no way he'd do that to her just to test her love. I love them together. Honestly, best couple in a drama I've seen in awhile. I hope they catch the evil people soon. 

10 minutes ago, Sirry Usly said:

Spoiler

The grand plan is not about to test ml's love and devotion (although it's a bonus actually) but to flush out ED's supporters and her rebellion. When gty sent into exile, ED become bold and start the rebellion. 

6 minutes ago, jaspenorfan said:

Haven't waited it yet but i might cause of the lead actor. I loved him in the cdrama "Palace/Goong" Plot seems good and interesting. A married couple working together and actually liking each other.

You will surely be hooked in it.. It's so interesting and amazing.. These two have explosive chemistry really.. It should be titled the wonderful story of minglan 

5 minutes ago, Suzzy San said:

You will surely be hooked in it.. It's so interesting and amazing.. These two have explosive chemistry really.. It should be titled the wonderful story of minglan 

Or The Tsunami of Minglan.. More apt due to the roller coaster, up and down, full of villains, the spy, the pretender, the puppet master, the crazy ex, the evil step sister...story..

15 hours ago, zenya22 said:

Aha! wise of GTY to extend the olive branch first to Yuan Ruo. politically correct. So, GTY not only making enemies but also busy making friends and political allies. The house of Qi is a good start. Hope he is successful.

I agree that this was a good move on GTY's part.  And he was very subtle about it, yet at the same time, making his point.  Yuan Ro was actually quite surprised, thinking GTY was there for battle.

The best thing is to watch the actual episode.. Ep 74 TV version already explains the reason GTY asked for the divorce, although I do not really understand, but GTY's reason is not to test her, like I think ML now said if he thinks this separation will protect her, he is wrong.. Let's wait for eng sub to understand better.. What made me so happy for this scene was that GTY cried, the ever smiling and arrogant GTY cried, even though he was pretending to be cool, he really cried and they hugged each other in the end.. So awesome 

39 minutes ago, leeza77 said:

Or The Tsunami of Minglan.. More apt due to the roller coaster, up and down, full of villains, the spy, the pretender, the puppet master, the crazy ex, the evil step sister...story..

:lol::joy:.. I agree Tsunami is more fitting 

7 minutes ago, leeza77 said:

Trailer.. 

Hide contents

http://p.weibo.com/show/channerWbH5/1034:4338302354950277

Molan to be divorced? Attempt to kill ml's son, is it fengxian? 

Looks like the person that attempted to kill the son is the girl on her knees when ML is hitting the drum stating that GTY was framed 

On 2/9/2019 at 9:25 AM, leeza77 said:

This is a happy ending drama. No worries 

In one of the episode, the husband seem to like the maid. So, eventually it will happen. I guess

So good to hear that this C-drama does have a happy ending.  So many of them do not.  This has been quite the journey for ML and GTY.  They deserve a happy ending, with some with peaceful times -- for a change. 

24 minutes ago, leeza77 said:

Trailer.. 

Hide contents

http://p.weibo.com/show/channerWbH5/1034:4338302354950277

Molan to be divorced? Attempt to kill ml's son, is it fengxian? 

Iw onder who the murderess is.  It is full of suspense now.  Seems like Minglan beat the gong for a very longtime since it shows daytime and then there's Xiaotao beating it and it is quite dark.  I hope Molan will get her just dessert.  Looks like her hubby has backbones and not easily blindsided after all.     

2 hours ago, Suzzy San said:

I think he didn't do it to test her, he, from what can be said, was just trying to not drag her into his fearless plan that might cause more problems if it fails.. Her openly showing her love just came as a coincidence with this issue so he was just too happy when she said she will stand by him and when prince Huan told him she went to beg the empress, even though it was a sad situation, since the way she is behaving was like during grandma's case, so he is just very happy he is the other very important person to .. I think he just didn't tell her that they had a plan so that GTY's failure will look more real since ML will beg hard for his release and also, the same thing, to not bring her more trouble by telling her an imperial secret.. GTY can sacrifice himself but he does not want to sacrifice MLan's happiness for one royal mission .. Then the ED wouldn't know she is walking into a trap.. 

It was my thought this was a plan between him, the King and his son. I go back to all the planning he did in order to get ML---so many plans and a good understanding of people. I also don't think that the consort to the King has as much influence as she think she does. I don't think being thrown into prison was planned to make ML confess her love for him, but I do think it's an extra bonus that he'll use to his advantage. ML not knowing the truth about the "plan" (if there really is one) is also a protection for her.

On 2/9/2019 at 3:59 PM, sava2sava said:

@nichiwoohee  I'm was wondering is it some kind of crime if there's no concubines in the house.  From the ED down to the relatives all tried to stick concubines in the house for there very own selfish reasons..

@Suzzy San  It was never about her son it's always been all about her and what she wanted.. 3rd son wants a good relationship with his brother it's just his mom won't allow him to have one with GTY.. Even he said he don;t mind having the marquis title but he's not qualified for nor have work for it like GTY did.. Evil Step Mom blew a fuse hearing him say that..

Technically it's not a crime but it's not encouraged, reasons are:

1. The most prioritized mission of a man is to produce an heir. Back when filial piety is the guideline for everyone's actions, not having an heir is considered the biggest offense. And taking into account the medical condition of the time, the stake of a child not making it into adulthood is high, so men from noble families would have the responsibility to produce as many sons as possible, and that couldn't be done with just one woman. So elders usually use this excuse to shove women into their juniors' houses, sometimes for political causes.

2. In feudal times China, people tend to blame the woman for a man's misbehavior. For example if a man only has one woman, then his wife would be accused of jealousy, wicked, overpowering her man. These are very negative traits when judging a woman, which will put a lot of pressure on the couple. His peers will mock him (scared of your wife etc) and at some point they will break. Also in a marriage, having concubines is a method the husband (or his family/elders) uses to establish power over the wife and her family. This method is totally legit and not considered underhanded at all.

3. Sometimes lowborn women are considered as gifts or bestowals (for men with playboy personality this actually has positive meaning). Rejecting them is considered rude and make the giver lose face. So sometimes a person from a higher status could use this excuse to plant a spy or to serve other purposes. Again, it's not considered underhanded method. This is very interesting because it can be used in various ways (mostly by royals bc most of the time people cannot refuse their bestowals). Depends on the quality and status of the gift it can be considered as a symbol of fondness, a punishment or a shame to either the husband or the wife.

Archived