@ohmydramagods I was thinking about the JH x Eun setup reminding me of Lovely Complex just yesterday! (if you look at my nickname you'll know I was a huge fan at some point lol)

they're so cute and I love how they made JH more procative and probably "manlier" then all of the other guys. He's always direct and always fixing things in a sleeveless shirt lol he's just perfect for her. I'm also curious if they'll style her to make her look more feminine later in the show. She's adorable right now, but for once I wanna see her taking him totally off guard. You go girl~~~ :D

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1 hour ago, ohmydramagods said:

Finally caught up to Age of Youth 2! Man, the subs are really slow for this show, makes me more appreciative of the subbers.

JiWon and SungMin

So gaddamn cute and hilarious! I actually cringed with SM when JW gave that 'aegyo' hahaha. I so love his reactions to whatever she does. He can't ignore her even tho he truly wants to. I agree that there's definitely some level of awareness on SM's part, whereas JW is as oblivious to her feelings as a rock. I can guess that JW will be needing a lot of SM's support from here on out as she discovers her past with her friend, Hyo Jin.

Eun and JangHoon/ Eun and YeJi

What an unconventional couple, finally!

As a fan of the manga, Lovely Complex, and the tall girl-short guy couple in Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun, it's so nice to see a couple like Eun and JH in kdramaland. I don't know if there will be enough time to develop a full-blown romance between them with all the other arcs going on, but I hope to see them develop a great friendship and maybe end with them going on a 'real' date. Y'know, without YJ around. Speaking of YJ, what do you think is her deal? Is she bi? Gay? Did she imagine Eun to be a guy? Or just a very possesive friend? I'm not sure what their relationship is, but I'm very excited to see how the writer will resolve Eun-YJ story. I hope that they still remain friends because YJ is very dear to Eun.

EunJae and JongYeol

I'm not as invested to EJ as I was in season 1, and that's weird for me because it was her that made me fell in love with Age of Youth in the first place. I found her character in S1 very relatable as I'm also a social introvert. I was very happy when she started opening up to the girls and fell in love with JY. But now, I don't find her story as interesting as it was before (this is only my personal opinion). Her break-up with JY is kind of pointless to me because all they need to do is sit down and talk and their misunderstanding will be solved. It also doesn't help that the face is different (don't get me wrong, Jiwoo is doing a fantastic job as EJ but as a big fan of S1, it's still a bit of a stretch for me to believe that she's the same EJ that I loved).

But after watching ep6, I'm happy that EJ is taking actions now to get back with JY. That winky-tehet-aegyo face bit in the classroom and JY giving her eye drops is so funny!

EP 7 preview

Doo Young is back asdfrhjdshglfksjas! I'm legitimately surprised because I didn't know the actor is part of the cast :blink:. And oh no! I fear for Ye Eun. I wonder if he took EJ by mistake because she was wearing a pink dress that day just like the girly, pre-abused YE?

Also, on ep 4, did JW's bride friend told her the Hyo Jin transferred school because the art teacher was drawing Hyo Jin naked or because the art teacher saw Hyo Jin drawing naked pictures? What is it? I'm still confused, help! -_-

Jiwon is adorable! I still have the "JTBC" mimic in my head, along with the chu chu to Sungmin. 

As for EJ and JY. I too started getting interested with AOY because EJ was relatable to me, so it was a slight let down knowing that the actress had a changed personality. However seeing the translated piece of episode 5 as well as the "wink" clip, was redeeming for EJ's character. I hope to see both of them being happy again, it's so sad seeing a worked up EJ and a sad JY. More funny moments please!

hahahaha I loved watching Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun  can't believe there isn't a season 2 yet. I really love those scenes where Eun keeps trying to play herself down, but each time we catch JH going "No, you the cute one" >< with those eyes.

Yes about that ep 7 preview, yes it could be a possibility that he accidentally assumed it was EJ. Maybe YE let EJ borrow her dress? Or like others have said, he wants start revenge on the people she cares for. From the comments in the previous post, I think it was the Art Teacher drawing the picture- though it was just a rumour? Someone please correct me. 

2 hours ago, kasjady said:

Yes about that ep 7 preview, yes it could be a possibility that he accidentally assumed it was EJ. Maybe YE let EJ borrow her dress? Or like others have said, he wants start revenge on the people she cares for. From the comments in the previous post, I think it was the Art Teacher drawing the picture- though it was just a rumour? Someone please correct me. 

That's what I thought too, based on Tribe app's subtitles. But when I read Dramabeans' recap, it says that "the art teacher had claimed that Hyo-jin drew a strange picture. A naked picture." 

Scenario 1: If the art teacher (a guy) drew a naked picture of Hyo-jin, then that may either mean that JW spread a lie about the art teacher and Hyo Jin or witnessed her friend getting assaulted by the art teacher.

Scenario 2: If Hyo Jin drew a naked picture, it may be because she witnessed JW being assaulted by someone and the art teacher (a girl) saw this picture. Or that JW was assaulted by the art teacher (a guy) and had Hyo Jin transferred so he wouldn't get in trouble.

This is getting confusing :blink: PLEASE HELP!!

Watched the sub cuts and the teacher said About Jiwon screaming in the middle of class. Saying "there is an alligator in the garden, a snake in the art room"

. this is serious right? She may mean the art teacher who sexually assaulted her friend and she had to witness it. I can't imagine the trauma she went through as a kid :(

It feels more and more like the receipient of the letter would be JW - someone had ruined the letter writer's life and it could either be the art teacher or Hyo Jin's life which was ruined.

I love how SM is with JW all the way and is concerned about JW's well being.

ljr5O4.gif

I think that it's time the other girls find out about SM....

1 hour ago, Dramanoona said:

It feels more and more like the receipient of the letter would be JW - someone had ruined the letter writer's life and it could either be the art teacher or Hyo Jin's life which was ruined.

I love how SM is with JW all the way and is concerned about JW's well being.

I think that it's time the other girls find out about SM....

Yeah now it seems to be more likely, especially if you watch Jiwon's narration about her fate and Hyojin here. It's already subbed

If Hyojin's misfortune was indeed caused by Jiwon, it's possible that Hyojin has resented her so much to be sending that letter.

13 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

Also, season 2 has 16 episodes. 

Seriously?? Did they say that in the press conference?

I saw somewhere else it wrote it as 12 episodes, guess that site just wrote false information.

But btw I just checked Dramawiki and it wrote it as 14 episodes. So what is the truth?

I prefer longer episodes so that I can witness Sungmin x Jiwon and Eun x Janghoon for longer tho hahah.

38 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

Also, season 2 has 16 episodes. 

Scriptwriter Park Yeon-seon actually has all 14 episodes written when they start shooting, rare in Kdrama that is not pre-produced. I went to JTBC but can't confirm the info.  At least 14 episodes I think.

http://osen.mt.co.kr/article/G1110728796

http://tv.jtbc.joins.com/plan/pr10010488

@stroppyse hope you can clarify what was said at the wedding about Hyojin and art teacher.  Thank you in advance. :)

About the letter, we still have to answer the question of how it ends up in the book and bookstore. And then there is the mentioning of the pretty shoes.  There was a woman taking pictures of the girls, is she Hyojin's mom or art teacher?  In the flashback, there was a bust near the window, with a shot of the girls playing from above, so it maybe from a viewpoint of someone in the art class?

Enjoy reading all your viewpoints and thank you for the subbed cuts (with the always entertaining side comments).

29 minutes ago, bedifferent said:

Scriptwriter Park Yeon-seon actually has all 14 episodes written when they start shooting, rare in Kdrama that is not pre-produced. I went to JTBC but can't confirm the info.  At least 14 episodes I think.

http://osen.mt.co.kr/article/G1110728796

http://tv.jtbc.joins.com/plan/pr10010488

@stroppyse hope you can clarify what was said at the wedding about Hyojin and art teacher.  Thank you in advance. :)

About the letter, we still have to answer the question of how it ends up in the book and bookstore. And then there is the mentioning of the pretty shoes.  There was a woman taking pictures of the girls, is she Hyojin's mom or art teacher?  In the flashback, there was a bust near the window, with a shot of the girls playing from above, so it maybe from a viewpoint of someone in the art class?

Enjoy reading all your viewpoints and thank you for the subbed cuts (with the always entertaining side comments)

I'm watching this drama with it having 12 episodes in mind, so glad to know there are at least 14 episodes will exist. More time to reveal and resolve the mystery, and of course to take care of the loveline too lol

With it having longer episodes, I'd flip if Sungmin and Jiwon still haven't hooked up romantically. I don't want to wait for uncertain season 3 for that, which who knows whether it'll exist and when it'll be aired.

hello! not sure if you all want gifs and caps of age of youth 2 like I do so these are the links for the twitter accounts who do these! 

This account focuses on Jiwon X Sungmin couple clip cuts 

https://twitter.com/like4season

My fav: https://twitter.com/like4season/status/904688291315818496

While this user focuses on all 

https://twitter.com/bonavoss

Thanks so much @stroppyse for the clarification and translations.

In regard to JW/HJ childhood, we know:

1. JW was a shy child until summer of third grade when she changed her personality and became outgoing. Ever since then, she tends to tell fibs, lies, exaggerate and uninhibited (in thoughts, personality, including this obsession with sex).  She once in a while has ringing in her ears.

2. The same summer, HJ transferred out.  Rumors circulated, classmate told JW that she may have been disciplined because she drew herself naked.  She thinks that was the cause for HJ leaving the school. The girls lost contact with each other.

3. Something happened to HJ's mom that caused her to pass away (not sure what happened to dad). HJ ended up moving in with her grandma before ended up running away.

4. Flashbacks and recollections from JW said that both girls were close, same looks (not really?), same height, their clothes were similar.  JW keeps having dreams and flashback of HJ mentioning that the shoes are pretty (we see a pair of red shoes and pink/light shoes).  The pretty shoes belong to JW.  

5.  There is a woman keep appearing in the flashbacks to take pictures of the girls.

Please correct me if I am wrong or add anything that I've missed. :D

Is it possible that JW took on HJ's personality as she misses her GF.  The lies, inhibition, more outgoing... or even survivor guilt?  Is there trouble at home for HJ?

Looking forward to more reveals. :)

(JM) I am not going to care. It’s because even if I do, it’s of no use. 

JM makes a conscious effort to not care or get close to anyone...  coworkers, Heimdal... she mentioned once that Heimdal brings back memory of her brother whose hospitalization she paid for many years before he was allowed to pass peacefully.   She was overwhelmed then with the feeling of wanting to do the right thing for her mom/brother and living her life not being burdened with having to support them.  Now she holds the fate of another person, Heimdal, in her hands.  Seeing how pitiful his life has been for the last 10 years pursuing his idol dream, almost penniless, forces JM to open up and care for another person other than herself.  She tries to distance herself from any human relationship that will cause her pain and regrets.

I don't know if Heimdal is to be JM's new love interest as she is in a long distance relationship with the chef in Busan.  JM has been almost in the background this season, other girls' stories have more spotlight up to this point. Can't wait to see where her story will go.  I LOL at his misunderstanding that she is his no 1 and only fan.  He's lucky that they crossed paths.

2 hours ago, stroppyse said:

. However, JM is by nature a caring person, and I think it's learning how to manage her caring side with her business-like side that will be the key to being able to further her career. 

Me too, I don't think their relationship will involve love.  They begin to care for each other as a friend.  Heimdal noticing that JW is trying to fit in her new job and offered encouragement in his own little way by giving the lollipop.  He has no idea that her problem involves him but he feels she is down and struggling so he returns the pick me up the same way she did when she bought him the food and energy drink.

I think he will teach her to instill passion in her job.  A job that she is not too enthusiastic and excited about.  He'll teach her to look at her job with a different eye and learn to care about how it affects others and her in a way.  JM has always been very conservative with even temperament.  She rarely shows emotions and I don't know if she has ever find anything or any person to be passionate about. 

She stumbled onto this job so we will see if she is meant to stay there.

So happy to chance upon this drama! It's so quirky :) And I love both OTPs especially the Eun & Jang Hoon loveline!!! :wub::wub::wub:

I have to be patient about the subbing because it's not quite mainstream but thankful for the contributors for the recaps, translations & discussions especially @stroppyse :wub: 

I didn't watch AOY1 so I got quite confused with all the names and storylines mentioned...will catch up soon but thankful to stumble upon the BTS even though I don't understand the language!!! 

KMS is adorbs!!!

Have a fabulous week ahead! :)

So it's going to be 14 eps huh?

i should be happy cos i thought it's going to be ibly 12 eps but now i'm getting greedier and greedier. I want 16 eps.. noooo.. 20 eps -_-

love all the casts and i can't describe how much i love the writer

Is it Friday yet???

This scene never fails to make me laugh everytime I watch it lmao

Basically when Jiwon was doing her own hyperbolic introduction about her school, Sungmin told Jiwon to carry her own gift box. But Jiwon continued to ignore him purposely. When Sungmin sped up to get closer to her, Jiwon even ran as a response so Sungmin ended up chasing Jiwon all the way to the school while bringing that box. When they finally arrived at the school:
Sungmin: (rough trans) Just to bring this 1 box you ran from it? Are you stupid?
Jiwon: Then what are you doing chasing me for it, you dumb!

This whole scene is so funny hahahaha. Their banters are always hilarious. I'm amazed at how patient Sungmin is putting up with Jiwon and how he's still around her although she's that eccentric. Although he's grumpy most of times with Jiwon, he's also attentive and cares for Jiwon until the small details. He's just a perfect match for her.
I also wanna see the story of them knowing each other at first as an extra. How they're connected and ended up that close, and why Jiwon trust him until that extent. It'd be a nice watch.

I'm not sure of the trans of Sungmin's dialogue, so feel free to correct me.

2 hours ago, quockhanh45 said:

Since #ThePackage is confrimed to air Oct 13, AgeofYouth2 will take 14 eps.

2017091201000936800069881.jpg
Good news! Age of Youth 2 took first place of TV Index.

Glad to know this good information. I read somewhere that the one who mainly made a buzz from this season 2 is Sungmin x Jiwon pairing lol This pairing is just gold.

On 11/09/2017 at 2:51 AM, riribl said:

This scene never fails to make me laugh everytime I watch it lmao

Basically when Jiwon was doing her own hyperbolic introduction about her school, Sungmin told Jiwon to carry her own gift box. But Jiwon continued to ignore him purposely. When Sungmin sped up to get closer to her, Jiwon even ran as a response so Sungmin ended up chasing Jiwon all the way to the school while bringing that box. When they finally arrived at the school:

Sungmin: (rough trans) Just to bring this 1 box you ran from it? Are you stupid?

Jiwon: Then what are you doing chasing me for it, you dumb!

This whole scene is so funny hahahaha. Their banters are always hilarious. I'm amazed at how patient Sungmin is putting up with Jiwon and how he's still around her although she's that eccentric. Although he's grumpy most of times with Jiwon, he's also attentive and cares for Jiwon until the small details. He's just a perfect match for her.

I also wanna see the story of them knowing each other at first as an extra. How they're connected and ended up that close, and why Jiwon trust him until that extent. It'd be a nice watch.

I'm not sure of the trans of Sungmin's dialogue, so feel free to correct me.

Glad to know this good information. I read somewhere that the one who mainly made a buzz from this season 2 is Sungmin x Jiwon pairing lol This pairing is just gold.

Hahahaha.. Me too. . These two virgins never fail to makes me laugh and butterflies in a same time.. On the bed scene,i wonder what's in sungmin mind when he stared at jiwon ? Did he sees her as a a girl and try hard to holding back his feelings/desires as a guy or Sympathy with the trauma she's going through ? But.. I noticed how he looked at jiwon is totally changed after they spent the night together.. Maybe he has realised his feelings to her.. And now we have to wait until jiwon to realise that the potential guy she's been looking for is right in front her.. 

3 hours ago, einYoshiChan said:

Hahahaha.. Me too. . These two virgins never fail to makes me laugh and butterflies in a same time.. On the bed scene,i wonder what's in sungmin mind when he stared at sleeping jiwon ? Did he sees her as a woman and try hard to holding back his feelings/desires as a guy or Sympathy with the trauma she's going through ? But.. I noticed how he looked at jiwon is totally changed after they spent the night together.. Maybe he has realised his feelings to her.. And now we have to wait until jiwon to realise that the potential guy she's been looking for is right in front her.. 

I'm not sure what's exactly on Sungmin's mind when he stared at Jiwon who's asleep, but my best guess is he couldn't sleep due to nervousness from sleeping in the same room with Jiwon, so it makes him contemplating about his non-platonic feelings for her (which I'm quite sure he has realized since long ago) and his relationship with her. Maybe he has decided on something too at that time, seeing that from the preview seems like something has changed from Sungmin.

Edit: I think it's possible too if Sungmin stared at her when she's asleep out of worry for Jiwon, after Jiwon finding out bits about her forgotten memory, so he's checking up on her. If that's the case that's so sweet of him. He's so concerned and worries for her that much. Reminds me of how he looked so worried when she fainted. Tells that his affection for her has been running deep.

About the car scene when they're going back to Seoul, I think Sungmin looked at Jiwon out of concern since he noticed something was off from Jiwon. And yeah at that time Jiwon was feeling sorta down/anxious. This scene reminds me again how nice and attentive of a guy Sungmin is. Jiwon actually has a really nice catch of a guy, too bad she hasn't even realised it yet.

Sungmin too, if he wants something to change between them, as a consequence from having feelings first then he should make the first move to make Jiwon at least consider him romantically. Though it'd be quite a difficult task as Jiwon, who despite being so perceptive about others, but is dense about this and keeps joking around about this subject, not to mention she didn't even seem to consider him in that way. Looking at the preview though, Sungmin probably has realised that and maybe he has started to try to change something between them.

Talking about others, I also like Janghoon. He might be short, but he's manly, straightforward, and sharp. Also he is not prejudiced and discriminative. He's confident and is not even insecure about himself. I like how he seems to be interested in Eun soon after and doesn't even try to hide that. Their pretending-to-date setup will do things to their relationship very well lol

Also, I think I'll like it better if Jinmyung and He Im Dal really connects as a sister-brother than romantically, like what others have suggested. Despite Jinmyung is still having a relationship with the chef, I also don't see much romantic chemistry between them. Their chemistry is like noona-dongsaeng chemistry so far. Who knows, maybe they'll end up like Yina - ajusshi relationship, the non-romantic one. Just because it's a guy doesn't mean he has to be involved romantically.

Archived