[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] The Rise of Phoenixes 凰权·弈天下

sugarplum892

48 minutes ago, MikiRei said:

Hmmmm....starting to get a bit boring. There's a few scenes they could have definitely condensed it to keep the story going a bit faster. Also, NOT ENOUGH COUPLE SCENES! COME ON! MORE! 

Exactly!!!!!!!

And Princess Shao Ning is really getting on my nerve so much!

They should have just let her be killed by arrows.

LOTS OF IT!

9 hours ago, pristineqi said:

Hi @mrsj3n@stella77

I delurk in this thread to say that today's 2 episodes are really gooddddd.:D Enjoy!!!

Yesssssss.. I like helian zheng. 

He's like a fresh air introduced to the stale plot. Lol

I'm looking forward to more scenes of him and Ning Yi being jealous. Hahahaha

• LOL 2

2 hours ago, pristineqi said:

https://cfen.si/2018/08/29/the-rise-of-phoenixes-to-stream-on-netflix-ni-ni-to-be-on-her-first-us-magazine-cover/

:heart: Ni Ni. She's so talented, beautiful, elegant and photogenic. GORGEOUS!

Hallelujah re RoTP confirmed for Netflix! Yey and the trailer looks amazing! Can’t wait to watch it....they probably needed time to do the sub work etc.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, pristineqi said:

https://cfen.si/2018/08/29/the-rise-of-phoenixes-to-stream-on-netflix-ni-ni-to-be-on-her-first-us-magazine-cover/

:heart: Ni Ni. She's so talented, beautiful, elegant and photogenic. GORGEOUS!

Hooray!  Netflix is confirmed!  Great to hear it was co-produced by Netflix.  No wonder the production value is such high quality

NiNi looks so beautiful on L'Officel!

I'm happy to hear it's coming to Netflix - it means I can finally watch it with my husband. But considering how they kind of butchered "Empresses in the Palace" (it was condensed A LOT and the translations was really not so good. Think they simplified it to make it easier for non-Chinese viewers to understand - but that means a lot of what makes the show good is cut), I'm slightly wary that they might do the same to this show. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MikiRei said:

I'm happy to hear it's coming to Netflix - it means I can finally watch it with my husband. But considering how they kind of butchered "Empresses in the Palace" (it was condensed A LOT and the translations was really not so good. Think they simplified it to make it easier for non-Chinese viewers to understand - but that means a lot of what makes the show good is cut), I'm slightly wary that they might do the same to this show. 

Some people here have said its a bit slow i wont mind if its condensed a bit. 

On 8/28/2018 at 1:20 PM, mrsj3n said:

If I am not wrong, the changes from the novel to drama is about 90% so not much is original from the novel except the names and characters I guess. :D

The problem is.... I don't see any enhancement to the male lead's character. :sweatingbullets:

The character for Feng Zi Wei / Wei Zi is so far still naive despite facing hardships / witnessed bad things!

I'm not seeing any character growth as she simply just won't listen!

It's infuriating for me.

As for Ning Yi, if anything, he's less morally gray than he was in the book, and I think that might be due to broadcasting restriction, which is very very annoying to me. Yes, the book was kind of mary sue-ish, but I honestly did like two smart characters outwitting each other and they had no qualms doing terrible things. We are seeing bits and pieces of that, and it's ramping up, so we'll see.

22 hours ago, raziela said:

Hooray!  Netflix is confirmed!  Great to hear it was co-produced by Netflix.  No wonder the production value is such high quality

NiNi looks so beautiful on L'Officel!

I don't think Netflix have anything to do with the production values? It's co-produced in that they bought the rights and is responsible for all the translations. IIRC, anime gets stamped with netflix original/co-produced label fairly often too. I'm glad netflix got it though since it has a wider reach than VIki or dramafever (which is severely limited I think)

To people that's watching it now, I hope you are watching the dvd version because hunan TV/mango TV have some questionable editing at times. I still need to catch up. sfsjkdfh. I sure hope netflix got the dvd version too, I think they would have?

I'm thoroughly perplexed. The last/ending scene of the latest episode available in various platforms are as followed :

1) CC -- They skipped airing their Ep 30 for Friday night... Their Ep 29 (Thursday) ending scene :

Spoiler

Ep_29.png

2) Ep 30 -- DC & DN

Spoiler

3) Ep 33 -- DM

Spoiler

Ep_33_DM.png

So, @mrsj3n, which is the last/ending scene of your Ep 30 ? Which is your last episode to-date?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

@mrsj3n oh darn, looks like I accidentally erased a bit of my reply before. "I think they kept more than they indicated, a lot of zhi wei's scenes are from the novel. I think she has grown though, she's more weary of people and she's not absolutely clueless. She's just not ruthless."

Ning Yi is usually faking it in front of the emperor I think? the over-acting is faking. If he's with Zhi Wei, it's bit harder to tell, sometimes it's half and half.

ep 30 didn't air last night on Hunan TV and iQiyi is still on 29. ep 33 is the dvd version, which I think stops somewhere around in the middle of TV ver's 29, I think 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, skibbies said:

ep 30 didn't air last night on Hunan TV and iQiyi is still on 29. ep 33 is the dvd version, which I think stops somewhere around in the middle of TV ver's 29, I think 

Ok, I got it... Latest episode for TV is Ep 29. For DVD version latest is Ep 33. Does this mean that there will be more than 70 episodes for DVD version?

I'm soooo looking forward to eng sub. Never been so hardworking before in watching a drama. I watch each episode 2x or more to catch n understand the dialoque. Really love the storyline; cinematography; architectural n ID settings; costumes and, of course, the cast.

:thumbsup:

• Like 2