[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] The Rise of Phoenixes 凰权·弈天下

sugarplum892

10 hours ago, raziela said:

Thanks for posting.  It's very disappointing to hear it's doing poorly in the ratings but, sadly, it wouldn't be the first time a good drama didn't get the ratings it deserved :(

Unfortunately, popularity and quality don't always go hand in hand.  I can't even count the number of hyped dramas with huge ratings and downloads which I've tried to watch and had to give up on because I found them so bad.

it can still rise and i think NIF 2 got similar rating's but was amazing 

10 hours ago, mrsj3n said:

Not sure if you guys had noticed... this is the first drama that I had watched so far that they do not have the same actors and supporting casts again and again.

The "recycled" actor in TROP is the actor acting as Yao Ying. He was Uncle Zhou in Legend of Fuyao.

And actress acting as Da Hua (wife of xin ziyan). She was Xuanyuan Xiao.

TROP? 

34 minutes ago, Wotad said:

TROP? 

The Rise of Phoenixes in short. Lol

I'm too excited when I see familiar faces so maybe did not make myself clear. 

Uncle Zhou from Fuyao is acting in here as one of the minister by the name of Yao Ying.

21 hours ago, Wotad said:

it can still rise and i think NIF 2 got similar rating's but was amazing 

Funny you said that because Nirvana In Fire 2 was the exact drama i was thinking of when I saw this article.  An excellent drama that didn't get the ratings or attention it deserved.

3 hours ago, raziela said:

Unfortunately, that's going to happen when there are no English subtitles as most of the posters on this forum rely on subs :(

right like i also relay on sub but i couldn't wait so i watched 7 eps raw but that now  i think that i have to wait for it to be subbed otherwise i don't think i can enjoy the raw version the raw  that much.:frown:

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Josephine Safowaa said:

right like i also relay on sub but i couldn't wait so i watched 7 eps raw but that now  i think that i have to wait for it to be subbed otherwise i don't think i can enjoy the raw version the raw  that much.:frown:

Honestly at this point, I can only pray that this will be fansubbed. There’s a fan made channel on Viki so I guess there are subbers out there. It was kind of the same situation for Siege in Fog and someone fansubbed it until Viki picked it up. 

It sucks because this was one of the more anticipated dramas coming out this year, and the production looks top notched so you’d think Viki or DF or even Netflix would pick it up. Episodes doesn’t seem like a big problem because T&E (75) was picked up by DF and Ruyi (88) was picked up by Viki. Heck, Netflix has even started jumping on the Asian drama bandwagon with Meteor Garden and Mr. Sunshine (kdrama) because of the amount of viewers. I don’t see how this show could’ve gone under the radar. Maybe there’s something going on with Hunan TV/iQiyi and the rights. Maybe they’re being petty and we won’t get the subs until AFTER it goes off the air (ASSDFGHJHFD better than nothing I guess). 

I want to keep watching it RAW but it’s a political historical drama, DIALOGUE MATTERS so I’m just staring blankly at the screen. tumblr_pcvbitaLHw1wrrylro2_250.gif.

But I’m already invested in our OTP and their bubbling sexual tension. It doesn’t even feel like there’s a 12 year difference between the actors. 

tumblr_pcyzggVwIf1wrrylro1_250.gif

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, mrsj3n said:

Who is the actor acting as Gu Nanyi?

Why is most people looking forward to his appearance?:sweatingbullets:

I'm guessing he's an idol?? not sure....not familiar with c-ent. music field.

4 hours ago, mrsj3n said:

Who is the actor acting as Gu Nanyi?

Why is most people looking forward to his appearance?:sweatingbullets:

Bai Jingting plays Gu Nanyi. He is an actor. He's famous for always playing the second lead. You know the term second lead syndrome? XD

He's that kind of guy. Also his role Gu Nanyi is one of the most popular characters of those who read the novel. I still remember when they first announced that Bai Jingting would play his role, people were saying that he was even not good looking enough to play him. So you can understand how popular his character in the book was.

He also is one of the main cast of the show Who's the murderer. It's one of the most popular web variety show in China:grimace:

Edited by Lina Hu
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, triplem said:

I think I will watch this once there are subs. The tension between the leads is really quite extraordinary. And this is just from watching the trailers and episode cuts here & there. The production quality looks superb! 

Yep. It's really puzzling why this drama did not get the hype it deserved. 

@Lina Hu thanks! He looks very boyish to me compared to the rest of the cast. 

• Like 1

About bai jing ting. Sidetrack abit...

Spoiler

Know him more from variety shows (Fighting man, Who's the murderer) than his dramas. 24yo.

Esp when he met Jackson of Got7...super funny. In this compilation clip, initially it show how cool and abit reserved by himself....but around 2min onwards with Jackson...things changed.