Quantcast
sugarplum892

[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] The Rise of Phoenixes 凰权·弈天下

2 hours ago, mrsj3n said:

Yep. It's really puzzling why this drama did not get the hype it deserved. 

I think we are spoilt for choice as too many good drama airing at the same time.

For me, I cant even get to this as i have started Yanxi first. 

• Like 2

@triplem yeah. Watching it raw.

Trust me. I think I need English subs for certain dialogue to better understand the meaning. Lol

@cheeriekwan I watched yanxi too but not sure why I just couldn't continue watching it after few episodes. Not even have it as background sound. Think I'll wait for it to finish airing before watching all in 1 short if time permits. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, mrsj3n said:

@cheeriekwan I watched yanxi too but not sure why I just couldn't continue watching it after few episodes. Not even have it as background sound. Think I'll wait for it to finish airing before watching all in 1 short if time permits. 

Spoiler

The story n pace of Yanxi is more additive than fuyao to me. Hope i m not saying this too early because i still hv 20+ episodes to go :P

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cheeriekwan said:
  Hide contents

The story n pace of Yanxi is more additive than fuyao to me. Hope i m not saying this too early because i still hv 20+ episodes to go :P

But...but... I cannot stand Qian Long and the female protagonist.  Lol

So I found the Vietnamese subs to this show... except I can’t understand it with my basic Việt. My parents had no trouble understanding it though, but they were too lazy to translate AHSHDHDHSJS. I have a basic understanding of the first episode so there’s that. If anyone is fluent in Vietnamese, HALP

• LOL 3

39 minutes ago, steph_2938 said:

Now when I click the Netflix link it says new episode coming September 15th!! There may be hope for subs :D:D

https://www.netflix.com/ph/Title/80993613

Ohhhhh best news for me . I’m a Netflix Asia subscriber. If subs are available, no problem for the other sites . 

@rosierosie @raziela You gals planning to watch this ? Some reviews say it’s a bit slow but some like it. Some don’t like lead actress (China viewers)  say she’s not pretty ( maybe not the classic pretty ) but I think she’s gorgeous. I think it’s going to depend on whether you like melodramas of this scale. 70 eps ! I hope I can survive :P

some interesting comments in this post 

https://www.avirtualvoyage.net/2018/08/first-impression-what-do-you-think-of-chen-kun-and-ni-nis-the-rise-of-phoenixes.html#more-24723

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 8/21/2018 at 7:06 PM, cheeriekwan said:
  Hide contents

Lol I think you are pretty safe. I know people who have seen to 40 and they said no boring bit! And I haven’t seen one bad article about Yanxi lol, not in term of plot drag or predictable or stalemate

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

3 hours ago, steph_2938 said:

Now when I click the Netflix link it says new episode coming September 15th!! There may be hope for subs :D:D

https://www.netflix.com/ph/Title/80993613

Finally!! Thanks.

I was afraid Netflix will wait after whole thing finishes before airing it.

Now I only hope they do justice to the language...as I've read many people who speak and understand mandarin say the drama language is very difficult to understand. This was one of the reason I was hoping that VIKI gets the license.... 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dito said:

Finally!! Thanks.

I was afraid Netflix will wait after whole thing finishes before airing it.

Now I only hope they do justice to the language...as I've read many people who speak and understand mandarin say the drama language is very difficult to understand. This was one of the reason I was hoping that VIKI gets the license.... 

maybe viki will or because netflix has it they cant.. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, triplem said:

Ohhhhh best news for me . I’m a Netflix Asia subscriber. If subs are available, no problem for the other sites . 

@rosierosie @raziela You gals planning to watch this ? Some reviews say it’s a bit slow but some like it. Some don’t like lead actress (China viewers)  say she’s not pretty ( maybe not the classic pretty ) but I think she’s gorgeous. I think it’s going to depend on whether you like melodramas of this scale. 70 eps ! I hope I can survive :P

some interesting comments in this post 

https://www.avirtualvoyage.net/2018/08/first-impression-what-do-you-think-of-chen-kun-and-ni-nis-the-rise-of-phoenixes.html#more-24723

I will definitely watch if we are getting subtitles.  I've looked forward to this drama since it was announced! :D 70 episodes is a LOT of episodes.  I don't think I've ever managed to stick with a drama with so many episodes...really hope TROP lives up to my expectations :relieved:

I can't believe anyone is calling NiNi ugly.  They must be trolls!  She is so beautiful

• Like 3