[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] The Rise of Phoenixes 凰权·弈天下

sugarplum892

This drama was just so beautiful!!! I listened to the osts today, and the melody and words were just so nice, and sad at the same time. Def one of the best drama, wish it could have deserved a lot of love from viewers :)!!!

• Like 2

14 hours ago, lanjung said:

Ep2: in that morning, 1 guard of Royal Guard was murder. When Gu Yan examine the body,  he recognized a halberd ( from Bloody Pagoda), he seems worry and the flash back time to when The Royal Prince captured Gu Yan and brought him to the King with a testify about the ninth prince of Da Cheng Empire (who is already dead with Gu Heng). Gu Yen is the prime leader of Bloody Pagoda, then when leader died, prime leader automatically being the leader. That's the reason the King ask him what should he do with the leader(means Gu Yen); and Gu Yen beg for mercy for him, his wife, children and the remnants. The King agreed and used him --- then he became the betrayer. (that's why if Bloody Pagoda hate him and send that message became reasonable) 

2. Ning Sheng is the one killed Royal Guard, but Xin Ziyan is not innocent. He is the one made the halberd and by someway let Ning Sheng know and then use it for his motivation. XY just tell NY that he made it and let the greedy one makes his way.

.... for the rest, I'll discuss with you later. i got to go now

Thank you so much! You’ve really made my day, and now I’m one step closer to finally understanding this drama properly :) 

I never considered that GY would be promoted once his brother died and therefore he would be the ‘leader’ the emperor referred to. 

Oh man, when did the story reveal this elaborate plot about XZ indirectly giving the halberd to NS to use nefariously? I’m still missing so much! :)

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I would like to say the following. It's a great serie for several reasons. c congrats to all involved! The end people says it's tragic. Well, I don't see how to manage other way, it would be tragically anyway. In the 3rd episode Zhiwei makes that promise to her mother not marry Ning Yi. Since that point in what the romance in concern, I started to wonder how they could manage oh change that. I thought about several possibilities. Once Zhiwei's mother dies, things get harder to solve. And then she makes another promise to not marry again. At that point, there is no return. Surprisingly, nobody talks anymore about the promises she did. She could have use it some many times, or some other solution could be used.

For me, the tragedy is not only the romance but the role life of Ning Yi. There are so many deaths, and he end up alone, nobody to have a real, good conversation, as he says to master Xi. I wonder whatever he as able to be a good king and what he would do to pass the power to someone else when he dies Who would this someone else be? I would like to see that.

I am going I to watch again, I love when NY, FZW and Xin Ziyan are making planes or when they do have a plan about anything. Besides some scenes are wonderful. In the dark NY and FZW at her house fight without seeing a thing is beautiful, its look like they were dancing.

Edited by Ren Tata
didn't want to send a image
  • Like 2

This is one of those good drama production that will always remain in people's hearts. The ending couldn't have end any differently. FL would not be able to stay happily by ML's side, knowing of all the sufferings they have been through and the death of her mom and brother. It was truly a bittersweet drama. 

• Like 1

• 9 months later...
On 8/19/2021 at 3:21 AM, GiaGia said:

This is one of those good drama production that will always remain in people's hearts. The ending couldn't have end any differently. FL would not be able to stay happily by ML's side, knowing of all the sufferings they have been through and the death of her mom and brother. It was truly a bittersweet drama. 

So true, I just finished watching this incredible show and love it very much

• Awesome 1

• 6 months later...

Hello!!

New to this page, am soo glad I found this group here, though it looks like there hasn't been any activity/discussions for a while.. I hope there is someone out there who still thinks about TROP?

Being a long-time CK fan (loved him from the get go, especially that moody, sultry face in Painted Skin!! GAHHH!! >.< ), I've been meaning to watch this drama since it's release in 2018 and only just finally got around to it.

Binged all 70 episodes over a 3 week period, and boy, am I all over the place re the last 15-20 or so episodes and particularly the ending!!

I have to agree with you fans that the last 15-20 or so episodes were completely butchered, so peeved about the wasted potential to really flesh out the character development of NY and FZW.

I live for the first 50-55 episodes though. After reading every single comment/discussion on here, I'm now re-watching from the beginning again to pick up on all the things I've missed out on; whilst playing the OST in the background of course. haha

Hoping some of the fans here have new observations to add to the discussion! ^.^

Edited by Missy

• 9 months later...
  • 3 months later...