Cast:

Chen Kun

Ni Ni

Yuan Hong

Bai Jing Ting

Zhang Xiaochen

Angel Wang Ou

Synopsis:

The drama is about the adversity of Prince Ning Yi and his conflict with the illegitimate orphaned daughter of the royal family, Feng Zhiwei. They are entangled in a world of trickery, hate, and love. This screenplay is based on the novel of the same name by Tian Xia Gui Yuan.

Cr Viki

Watch it here with English subs!

**Please use spoiler tags for those who have not seen the episodes or read the novel yet**

[spoiler ]enter your spoiler here without the spaces inside the brackets[ /spoiler]

Preview:

OSTs:

Additional Links:

The Rise of Phoenixes 凰权·弈天下 Raw Episodes

Angel Wang Ou Official Soompi Thread

RULES of SOOMPI
Don't post any requests for subs! Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images. Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately. Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, etc. should be reported to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here. Those who are caught breaking the Soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their ID/IDs reported to the mods. Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs (those without permission from the original subbers and doesn't have copyrights like Viki, Dramafever or Crunchyroll) will have their ID reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions. PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE!

For any Issues and Abuse
Please report to moderators @angelangie
 l akinahana89 l LavelyShai

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm absolutely excited about this one. Among recent more mainstream historicals, finally a leading pair that is both gorgeous AND can act really well. Absolutely missed Chen Kun on the small screen as a legitimate leading man with a combination  of talent, charisma and looks hard to come by in Chinese entertainment these days, and Ni Ni is a joy to watch  gorgeous looks aside.  Hoping the chemistry and overall production + story delivers ! 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This is my most anticipated C-Drama now.  The first teaser is out for the drama and looks great!  I hope we get a longer trailer soon.

So grateful CFensi posted the teaser with English subs:

https://cfensi.wordpress.com/2017/10/31/chen-kun-ascends-the-throne-in-first-teaser-for-the-rise-of-phoenixes/

On 04/09/2017 at 9:41 AM, meifang89 said:

Thank you for posting.  This is the first detailed character information I've seen from the novel.  All the characters sound so interesting even the silent faithful bodyguard sounds more unique than we usually see.  I hope they drama doesn't deviate too much from the novel characters