[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Guardian 镇魂

sugarplum892

Don't miss out this bts, I really hope they can still bee good friend after this show finishes

2 hours ago, BreezeC said:

I know, right? The guy can cook, play the guitar, violin, piano, sing etc :heart:

It is torture waiting for Wed...:tears: 

btw, yesterday Bai Yu's weibo follower reached 5,000,000, as appreciation, he did live-streaming for his fans. Today, Zhu Yi Long's weibo follower reached 7,000,000, and he did a live-streaming as well for appreciation. I can't help but see how in contrast in personality they are in real-life. Bai Yu is sooo extroverted, keep engaging and talking with fans and suddenly started singing a bunch of song and at one point he even fulfill fans request to show the hair on his legs lol Meanwhile, Zhu Yi Long is soooo introverted, he doesn't know what topic to talk about and there was a few minutes of absolute silent as he just read fan's comment, later he had this pleading look at his assistant or someone at the background for help. He even said without Bai Yu, this is a bit awkward. Later, he picked up his guitar and play/sing a song. So adorable! I think you guys can find clips at you tube. I am not sure how to link you tube video here...

Here is youbute link of it:

• Replies 919
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 5/16/2018 at 3:58 AM, Cedric Ong said:

I didnt read all details...but they changed some parts and names due to china restrictions eg no ghosts or evil spirits....so that is changed to "dark race from some lower realm". Of course the romance would be toned down closer to brotherly relationship but seem from trailer, some crucial dialogue are retained (eg at the very end of the trailer below...i had been looking for u for ten thousand years) and fans feel the chemistry btw the 2 leads looks good.

Well i didnt read the novel so i cant comment more.

Date not known yet but should be close. It is listed under youku.

The recent trailer. No eng sub.

The earlier 1st trailer eng sub.

Im a bit late here but does the book have like a BL undertone then??

On 3/23/2018 at 12:53 AM, xiaodan4869 said:

No female lead in this drama. This is all about brotherhood (bromance) for thousands of years. 

Actually Zhu Hong has a crush Zhao Yun Lan, but that part is very very minor.

2 males? 

11 hours ago, BreezeC said:

Reveal hidden contents

The ending in the novel is a happy ending. They get to live happily ever after. Once I have time, I will summarize the novel ending. 

However, I am a bit worried about the ending in the drama. It will be an epic battle between Night and our two heroes and I am not sure how the drama will end it because SW is weaken now (This didn't happened in the novel)

ZYL didn't remember SW at all but he did feel some sense of familiarity with him. When he found out the truth of what SW did for him, he was consumed by guilt because he didn't realize by giving him his power that he will have to suffer alone for so many year and to uphold all these responsibilities. (He only want to give him power to protect himself) As for consume by SW darkness, after they are together, that did happened but SW used the blood from his heart (the purest part of him) as medicine to cure it, when ZYL found out he was mad. (Think of it as the scene in the drama where ZYL found out SW was letting out his blood from the wrist) Their storyline is very similar to the drama but they remove all the BL elements and ghost/god aspects.

SW is the top. Although ZYL started off thinking he is the top, he can't overpower SW physically and SW is not budging  lol

I am extremely thankful that Guardian introduced me to Zhu Yi Long. I already liked Bai Yu from Memory Lost (He is hot there) but this drama make me discover the funny and down to earth side of him. But Zhu Yi Long, I never watched any of his drama because they are all pretty much unwatchable to me personally. (Those plots!!!) This drama allows me to see him act and realized I discovered a gem. 

You are right, people are fickle and his popularity is because Guardian is still airing but we should look at the positive side that now a lot of people know of him and confirmed his acting ability. All of his upcoming drama is mostly modern but unfortunately only one he is the lead, the other bigger production, he is still second lead but I am sure he will shine as always. Still because of this drama, I am sure a number of people like me will look forward and support him in upcoming drama and I hope he will be introduce to better drama and roles later on in his career to continue to glow :) 

Thank you for the link for live BTS video.  he is extremely gorgeous  I am almost holding my breath looking at him :):)

Congratsss Zhu Yi Long 7 million woweee!!!! 

Yeah. I am also worried about the ending. I have  gut feeling maybe it will be a scene where battle begins between  Night and Shen Wei +Zhao ., and BOOM .. screen turn pitch black. that is the end. LOL

but the positive side is we can hope for season 2. Bai Yu and Zhu Yi Long can reunite again! yeaay!!!!!!

I hope Zhu Yi Long will continue to get good projects and he gains more exposure after this show  :) Surely directors will notice that he has talent,  he has tons of micro expressions which conveys Shen Wei feeling very well (without saying the word)

I am seriously impressed with Zhu Yi Long  because of Guardian. 

Anyone feel Zhu Yi Long always smiles when he is around bai Yu? I thought he is extremely shy but Bai Yu makes him laugh out loud sometimes   . Zhu Yi Long really adores Bai Yu , , he is looking at BY a lot in Happy Camp  :) 

6 hours ago, Wotad said:

2 males? 

Yes. the novel  the 2 male leads are in love with each other and (sort of) dating.  :) 

4 hours ago, Wotad said:

2 males? 

Not undertone....the novel is quite obvious on the 2 male chars being in love. 

That's why i'm mildly surprised that despite china restricting BL or gay themed dramas....they seem to be abit lax when a well-known BL novel is adapted into bromance style which still contain quite abit of BL hints here and there. I mean the book fans would still show their support (despite the book-to-drama changes) while new fans will be attracted by the chemistry btw the leads.

This is not the only case. Another recent drama would be S.C.I. (Special Crime Investigation).

2 minutes ago, Cedric Ong said:

Not undertone....the novel is quite obvious on the 2 male chars being in love. 

That's why i'm mildly surprised that despite china restricting BL or gay themed dramas....they seem to be abit lax when a well-known BL novel is adapted into bromance style which still contain quite abit of BL hints here and there. I mean the book fans would still show their support (despite the book-to-drama changes) while new fans will be attracted by the chemistry btw the leads.

This is not the only case. Another recent drama would be S.C.I. (Special Crime Investigation).

It is quite weird , China is a very weird place when it comes to BL. 

2 hours ago, valerie86 said:

Thank you for the link for live BTS video.  he is extremely gorgeous  I am almost holding my breath looking at him :):)

Congratsss Zhu Yi Long 7 million woweee!!!! 

Yeah. I am also worried about the ending. I have  gut feeling maybe it will be a scene where battle begins between  Night and Shen Wei +Zhao ., and BOOM .. screen turn pitch black. that is the end. LOL

but the positive side is we can hope for season 2. Bai Yu and Zhu Yi Long can reunite again! yeaay!!!!!!

I hope Zhu Yi Long will continue to get good projects and he gains more exposure after this show  :) Surely directors will notice that he has talent,  he has tons of micro expressions which conveys Shen Wei feeling very well (without saying the word)

I am seriously impressed with Zhu Yi Long  because of Guardian. 

Anyone feel Zhu Yi Long always smiles when he is around bai Yu? I thought he is extremely shy but Bai Yu makes him laugh out loud sometimes   . Zhu Yi Long really adores Bai Yu  it looks like , , he is looking at BY a lot in Happy Camp  :) 

Yes. the novel  the 2 male leads are in love with each other and (sort of) dating.  :) 

Congratsss Zhu Yi Long 7 million and Bai Yu 5 Million!! Both of them have post a video of appreciation to Fans. Anyone seen it? Please post both videos here thanks. I am so happy both of their hard work is been recognize. Specially Zhu Yilong he is the best acting in expression so far. I realize Zhu Yi Long really adores Bai Yu it looks like, he is looking at BY a lot in Happy Camp  (Verlerie86 Zhu Yilong looks like??? You talk halfway it hangs there??) 

Zhu Yilong mentioned in the interview (the video he holds basketball) he says in Guardian he acted 3 different kinds of characters! (Anyone knows about this matter? I only know Blackrobe and Whiterobe then what is another character??? 

1 minute ago, cherylrose said:

Zhu Yilong mentioned in the interview (the video he holds basketball) he says in Guardian he acted 3 different kinds of characters! (Anyone knows about this matter? I only know Blackrobe and Whiterobe then what is another character??? 

I think he meant Shen Wei lol

40 minutes ago, cherylrose said:

Congratsss Zhu Yi Long 7 million and Bai Yu 5 Million!! Both of them have post a video of appreciation to Fans. Anyone seen it? Please post both videos here thanks. I am so happy both of their hard work is been recognize. Specially Zhu Yilong he is the best acting in expression so far. I realize Zhu Yi Long really adores Bai Yu it looks like, he is looking at BY a lot in Happy Camp  (Verlerie86 Zhu Yilong looks like??? You talk halfway it hangs there??) 

I meant Zhu Yi Long looks like he adores Bai Yu LOL sorry for the typo earlier :)

Cause he is shy. and Bai Yu is the exactly his opposite. very talkative and confident hehhehe 

27 minutes ago, valerie86 said:

I meant Zhu Yi Long looks like he adores Bai Yu LOL sorry for the typo earlier :)

Cause he is shy. and Bai Yu is the exactly his opposite. very talkative and confident hehhehe 

Oh I see, I see sometimes when Bai Yu says something to him he shy... So cute. I wonder is there any Season 2 for Guardian since this drama gets many Fans. I am thinking maybe if Fans petition the writer can continue to write further? If not another new drama put them together..... 

18 minutes ago, cherylrose said:

Wiki of Zhu Yilong says Sinking / Night Supreme / Black Robe. What is Sinking character?? 

Sinking is Shen Wei . just translated by Google translate very badly  hahahaha :")

Yeah i have a strong feeling there will be open ending for season 1. and we can look forward for season 2 :D

Shen Wei power is so weak because of helping Zhao eyes in the past. impossible he can defeat his twin brother

22 minutes ago, valerie86 said:

Sinking is Shen Wei . just translated by Google translate very badly  hahahaha :")

Yeah i have a strong feeling there will be open ending for season 1. and we can look forward for season 2 :D

Shen Wei power is so weak because of helping Zhao eyes in the past. impossible he can defeat his twin brother

I heard that in the novel Shen Wei wasn't badly injured like now after helping Zhao eyes. Anyone have any idea is the drama same plot as novel or change plot?? I just saw a video Zhao was choke by Whiterobe and he Uses both legs to Kick Whiterobe after that don't know what happen. I heard Blackrobe is seriously injured and send to hospital. I wonder don't tell me this ending like in a rush?? (Hoping for Season 2) Anyone knows is this Novel completed or still writing?? This Guardian drama will end at which chapter? 

Oh yeah anyone knows where I can buy Shen Wei pendant? 

13 minutes ago, cherylrose said:

I heard that in the novel Shen Wei wasn't badly injured like now after helping Zhao eyes. Anyone have any idea is the drama same plot as novel or change plot?? I just saw a video Zhao was choke by Whiterobe and he Uses both legs to Kick Whiterobe after that don't know what happen. I heard Blackrobe is seriously injured and send to hospital. I wonder don't tell me this ending like in a rush?? (Hoping for Season 2) Anyone knows is this Novel completed or still writing?? This Guardian drama will end at which chapter? 

OMG.,. Zhao is in trouble . nooo!!! hope he doesnt die. I bet Shen cannot fly /teleport there because his power didnt allow him to do so and he is in hospital.

novel is already completed i heard happy ending. 

but in the novel there is no plot where Shen power weakened (as mentioned by @BreezeC) . only in the drama  they make it, maybe so that audience can hope for second season lol.

11 minutes ago, cherylrose said:

The drama changed the plot. Since the drama have to take out all the aspect of the chinese myth of god/ghost, they changed the plot to match that and I don't recall a very major battle with WhiteRobe at the end like how the drama is promoting. So I don't know how the drama will end. As for the novel, 

Spoiler

The ending is happy and the writer also included epilogues with some sweet moments of our main couple.

Wunmai (@YipSukHar) Tweeted:

#镇魂 #Guardian #巍澜 #巍澜cp #镇魂女孩 #沈巍 #赵云澜 #朱一龙 #白宇

【EngSub】 New Unit—「白居最帅」New EP #地星撞海星

The lovable lyrics are written by themselves

Please come and feel this song

Let's look forward to the official versionhttps://t.co/eevtg5abo6

Lyrics killing me :love:

But so sweet❤

Web Rankings 

Top Dramas (7-day)

1. Legend of Fuyao

2. Sweet Dreams