[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Guardian 镇魂

sugarplum892

24 minutes ago, dzareth said:

I've just watched AvenueX's review on YT and I agree with many parts of her views. Guardian, despite it's many faults has managed to capture the support of mainstream viewers hugely due to performances of the 2 main leads. Guardian introduced me to Zhu Yilong, who really impressed me with his microexpressions (since I'm unfamiliar with his works, I thought he was a newbie. This is probably his biggest role to date and I applaud the production team who decided him as SW. While he does seem to have a face suitable for costume/ period drama, I would love to see more works from him in the contemporary setting. I'd like to see him in a darker role in the future. It doesn't have to be a villainous role but something with a dark edge - like Mei Chang Su (NiF). We are witness of his ability to pull a menacing face seconds after looking happy and glee.

I knew Bai Yu from Love O2O (movie and TV drama) but his godawful hairdo really put me off. Due to Guardian I traced some of his other works and was pleasantly surprised by his versatile roles. Memory Lost (despite the ridiculous storyline) made me realise he is quite an attractive guy. I'm not too worried about him as he has proven his versatility. 

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the two lead haven't reached A-list actor status yet and I don't know how Guardian will impact their career since it's a cheap production. I wish the best to both as I think they give really mature performances and I think they are much better than idol actors.

On another note, their actual personalities seem similar to their screen personalities. Bai Yu appears to be more playful and friendly while Zhu Yilong looks more reserved/ shy. I also thought it is cute when BY refers him as Long-ge...

Hahaha.... Finally someone says something about this matter. I wanted to post a comment earlier on but too busy. Sadly to say recently I saw the interview they interviewed Zhu Yilong and I saw the black and white contract for 35 years was bound that and they both main actors wasn't really have any bonus paid to them even for "Guardian" as production was on Budget. Due to this Fans has voice out why. I realize Zhu Yilong is the only actor so far the best as in eye contact even with Bai Yu both have this so call can "Clap" together. I really hope both of them can get other Dramas together again if "Guardian" don't have Season 2; but I am hoping for Season 2. 

1 hour ago, node said:

And this is the full version:

Thanks! 

1 hour ago, Cedric Ong said:

The two went KTV, probably a drama staff event or party...and together sang 海芋恋 (romance of the taro) a light hearted love song...haha. 

This too thanks as I was hoping to hear them singing together. 

Anyone realize Zhu Yilong plays Guitar and his voice is good. Bai Yu voice too.. 

• Replies 919
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, cherylrose said:

I don't think anyone can sentence Half-God and Half-Ghost. And also is there any explanation if ZYL wants to meet SW or desire the punishment is ZYL have to consume SW darkness, but as of current time ZYL and SW they meet and the storyline any changes?? (Mystery, will there be a Season 2 for Zhen Hun anyone knows??) 

Anyone knows who is the BL top and who is Bottom? (I heard someone here previous pages posted ZYL is a bottom; anyone can verify this?) But recent posts ZYL mention to SW that ZYL calling himself as a husband... Anyone can explain who is Top And who is bottom in the novel? /drama? 

I also saw Shen badly injured and my heart stings so much. I feel worried and so sad =( 

I gather from a few commenters on youtube video who had read the novel :  Shen is the top   . At first zhao refused a lot. But somehow it turn out Shen became vicious or something and on top. Lol. Cut to the next morning  Zhao is extremely in pain and shen gave him herbal medicines.    Haha.

By the way can anyone who read novel  explain how Night get defeated? Shen is so weak and maybe Kun lun power come back? 

13 minutes ago, valerie86 said:

By the way can anyone who read novel  explain how Night get defeated? Shen is so weak and maybe Kun lun power come back? 

Shen in hospital  (My heart hurting _I think I have seen a scene in MV or trailer Shen in hospital lying on bed:bawling:

@dzareth

Zhu Yi long popularity is no joke now hehe. His name is sky rocketing because of guardian.he now has 7,000,000 followers   . (Prior to this show not even reach 1 million). And suddenly his name climbs up  to number 1 top male star in some  of china celebrity ranking . He defeated Li Yi feng who has now moved to no2. (Li yifeng always held the no  1 rank for a couple of years) and Yang yang no 3 now.

I hope long ge will always have good works and loved by audiences in the near future. 

He is one of the most shy celebrity i have seen in variety show (sometimes when he giggle he has hand with microphone  near his mouth lol)

32 minutes ago, RPM said:

Shen in hospital  (My heart hurting _I think I have seen a scene in MV or trailer Shen in hospital lying on bed:bawling:

thank you soo much for your help.  my heart aches a lot too reading Shen in hospital.

I could see Shen was badly hurt  and full of bloods when he shielded Zhao. thats why he went to hospital after that.  Luckily he survived !  so we can hope for a happy end. 

20 minutes ago, valerie86 said:

Zhu Yi long popularity is no joke now hehe. His name is sky rocketing because of guardian.he now has 7,000,000 followers   . (Prior to this show not even reach 1 million

Good for him! It's nice to have a lot of fans. But we humans are fickle minded. When someone else grabs the spotlight, he will gradually be forgotten.... Especially since Guardian is mainly watched by the novel fans and the younger demography. This show may not be an easy show to understand by say... general CCTV viewers.

Now that his popularity is rising, I hope he will get more opportunities to work in high end productions, alongside the industry's best people. He isn't very young to be regarded as the "next gen" (Yang yang, Bai Yu age group) taking over Hu Ge and gang, so that's a bit of a worry.

11 hours ago, cherylrose said:

Good morning Everyone! Last night I found this video and I think this might be the ending:

I hope the ending is not a sad ending... 

Finally get to see SW kiss ZYL on his cheek, hopefully Blackrobe is alive in the end. 

Not sure its from Guardian though cos Bai Yu scenes showed here is from Memory Lost. I remembered the scenes as I have watched that drama.... 

Looks like fan adding here and there to make up as a video.. This is my opinion. 

1 hour ago, RPM said:

I hope someone explain me what's going on in video 

The video content  is basically questioning  is that what the show call a "bromance"(brotherly relationship).  A few examples below:

-.when Zhao is sick and sleeping on his bed. Does bromance mean Shen need to give him medicine, take  off his shoes, fold his clothes, tidy up , sit there wait him until he wake up.  Zhao said to Shen " see you are that good, how can I let u go?" (Is that a bromance)

- when Zhao arm got hit by thugs and bruised. Does bromance mean Shen needs to literally apply ointment himself on Zhao arms . And afterwards Shen give the ointment to zhao to bring home with him.

- when Shen passed out because of drinking alcohol, Zhao is there putting blanket / shirt over Shen and watch over Shen as he sleeps, Thinking flashbacks about his meeting with Shen. Is that a bromance.lol

- on the trip to mountain. The weather is cold but the heart is warm..zhao even give his jacket to shen and help  shen  to put it on  . So sweet.

43 minutes ago, sheelatpsfm said:

Not sure its from Guardian though cos Bai Yu scenes showed here is from Memory Lost. I remembered the scenes as I have watched that drama.... 

Looks like fan adding here and there to make up as a video.. This is my opinion. 

Yeah i also notice a tiny bit from memory lost. Fan just edit (cut and paste) it to  make it like Shen kisses Zhao ^^

I m sure the director wont film any kiss scenes as BL is banned..even the word love is not allowed to say.

Just  sharing  a tiny excerpt of novel i saw on instagram.

Shen told Zhao below (i am paraphrasing the sentence =)):

Have seen you through life and death so many times ..now we met, I will never ever  let you go.  Even if one day you grow bored , tired of me., and want to leave. I will strangle you , die in my arms"

Even though i am a ominous devil/ghost and all black. But i have a tiny bit of red bloods in me . I want to use it to protect Zhao.

It just confirms Shen deep love for Zhao .

1 hour ago, sheelatpsfm said:

Oh I see, let's hope it's a happy ending, I get to see SW kiss ZYL on the cheek that is somewhat everyone wants to see/even more... But let's hope SW survive from this Chaotic fight. I heard ending both white and black robe fighting like hell! (it's from Zhu Yilong one of the interview he mentioned) and he says vomit blood(Fans request him to vomit more blood!) As for ZYL Fans wants him to be blind abit longer.... (Bai Yu laughed he says you all are weird in the interview). I personally think as long as both are alive and together that's most important not a sad/bad tragedy ending, like one of them dies.

9 hours ago, cherylrose said:

Wow what a long story. Thanks for taking the time to type here. Your hard work deserve a Toast! (But in the ending I mean this lifetime are they together?) Because if the seal is broken as you said the other have to die to sacrifice for reseal it?? How anyone have any further details?? 

Spoiler

The ending in the novel is a happy ending. They get to live happily ever after. Once I have time, I will summarize the novel ending. 

However, I am a bit worried about the ending in the drama. It will be an epic battle between Night and our two heroes and I am not sure how the drama will end it because SW is weaken now (This didn't happened in the novel)

6 hours ago, cherylrose said:

I don't think anyone can sentence Half-God and Half-Ghost. And also is there any explanation if ZYL wants to meet SW or desire the punishment is ZYL have to consume SW darkness, but as of current time ZYL and SW they meet and the storyline any changes?? (Mystery, will there be a Season 2 for Zhen Hun anyone knows??) 

Anyone knows who is the BL top and who is Bottom? (I heard someone here previous pages posted ZYL is a bottom; anyone can verify this?) But recent posts ZYL mention to SW that ZYL calling himself as a husband... Anyone can explain who is Top And who is bottom in the novel? /drama? 

ZYL didn't remember SW at all but he did feel some sense of familiarity with him. When he found out the truth of what SW did for him, he was consumed by guilt because he didn't realize by giving him his power that he will have to suffer alone for so many year and to uphold all these responsibilities. (He only want to give him power to protect himself) As for consume by SW darkness, after they are together, that did happened but SW used the blood from his heart (the purest part of him) as medicine to cure it, when ZYL found out he was mad. (Think of it as the scene in the drama where ZYL found out SW was letting out his blood from the wrist) Their storyline is very similar to the drama but they remove all the BL elements and ghost/god aspects.

SW is the top. Although ZYL started off thinking he is the top, he can't overpower SW physically and SW is not budging  lol

2 hours ago, dzareth said:

Good for him! It's nice to have a lot of fans. But we humans are fickle minded. When someone else grabs the spotlight, he will gradually be forgotten.... Especially since Guardian is mainly watched by the novel fans and the younger demography. This show may not be an easy show to understand by say... general CCTV viewers.

Now that his popularity is rising, I hope he will get more opportunities to work in high end productions, alongside the industry's best people. He isn't very young to be regarded as the "next gen" (Yang yang, Bai Yu age group) taking over Hu Ge and gang, so that's a bit of a worry.

I am extremely thankful that Guardian introduced me to Zhu Yi Long. I already liked Bai Yu from Memory Lost (He is hot there) but this drama make me discover the funny and down to earth side of him. But Zhu Yi Long, I never watched any of his drama because they are all pretty much unwatchable to me personally. (Those plots!!!) This drama allows me to see him act and realized I discovered a gem. 

You are right, people are fickle and his popularity is because Guardian is still airing but we should look at the positive side that now a lot of people know of him and confirmed his acting ability. All of his upcoming drama is mostly modern but unfortunately only one he is the lead, the other bigger production, he is still second lead but I am sure he will shine as always. Still because of this drama, I am sure a number of people like me will look forward and support him in upcoming drama and I hope he will be introduce to better drama and roles later on in his career to continue to glow :) 

1 hour ago, cherylrose said:

Oh I see, let's hope it's a happy ending, I get to see SW kiss ZYL on the cheek that is somewhat everyone wants to see/even more... But let's hope SW survive from this Chaotic fight. I heard ending both white and black robe fighting like hell! (it's from Zhu Yilong one of the interview he mentioned) and he says vomit blood(Fans request him to vomit more blood!) As for ZYL Fans wants him to be blind abit longer.... (Bai Yu laughed he says you all are weird in the interview). I personally think as long as both are alive and together that's most important not a sad/bad tragedy ending, like one of them dies.

Fans will always be fans.. I think they wanted ZYL to be blind a bit longer cos he is so damn cute when he is blind. 

As I don't know understand chinese so its not easy to know what the two actors are saying in the interview... Thank you for giving some tips on the finale.. Hope we will have a good ending and both will survive this ordeal. Hope they will defeat Night. 

This trailed full of spoilers ending week episodes.

(Xiao Guo 小郭)character description on Wikipedia -- Intern of the Special Investigation Department, Soul Lamp Wick

As in above trailer there's a scene where his powers working. 

29 minutes ago, RPM said:

This trailed full of spoilers ending week episodes.

(Xiao Guo 小郭)character description on Wikipedia -- Intern of the Special Investigation Department, Soul Lamp Wick

As in above trailer there's a scene where his powers working. 

I have watched this trailer and a lot of mysteries going on around this trailer.. Need to watch the episodes to know more.. 

14 minutes ago, dzareth said:

I ended up watching a clip of Zhu Yilong baking a galaxy mirror glaze cake. My, my doesn't he look so natural in the kitchen? :wub:

I know, right? The guy can cook, play the guitar, violin, piano, sing etc :heart:

It is torture waiting for Wed...:tears: 

btw, yesterday Bai Yu's weibo follower reached 5,000,000, as appreciation, he did live-streaming for his fans. Today, Zhu Yi Long's weibo follower reached 7,000,000, and he did a live-streaming as well for appreciation. I can't help but see how in contrast in personality they are in real-life. Bai Yu is sooo extroverted, keep engaging and talking with fans and suddenly started singing a bunch of song and at one point he even fulfill fans request to show the hair on his legs lol Meanwhile, Zhu Yi Long is soooo introverted, he doesn't know what topic to talk about and there was a few minutes of absolute silent as he just read fan's comment, later he had this pleading look at his assistant or someone at the background for help. He even said without Bai Yu, this is a bit awkward. Later, he picked up his guitar and play/sing a song. So adorable! I think you guys can find clips at you tube. I am not sure how to link you tube video here...

Archived