[Drama 2016-2017] Guardian: The Lonely and Great Goblin 도깨비

Go Seung Ji

6 hours ago, Amanda Soo said:

We've had so many cute scenes with ET and KS but I'm still waiting for a simple hand-holding scene. IS THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK FOR haha! 

I find it amazing that KS is so convincing as a romantic interest + father figure + best friend all wrapped up in one strangely beautiful package - in the words of ET. It could have gone horribly wrong if the casting wasn't right. Gongyoo can somehow exude maturity, childlikeness, hotness, sassiness and pettiness with just a change of facial expression and Kim Go Eun can turn from absolutely frigging adorable to heartbreakingly mature in seconds - all the while, remaining in character. 

Sorry to cut your post short. Just want to say i couldn't agree more.

Especially like KS's expression when looking at her reaction gulped her soju and when he can't help smiling when she's smile. I found ET was very adorable at that time, and i think KS found her adorable too. :wub:

• Like 17

14 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

cr to @joyezz Thanks a lot for the pictures and for noticing the similarity!! Your observation incited me to write a comparison about this situation.

@staygold @Sarang21 @ucylucy@selenette @Princi_86 @UnniSarah @ez_yan @triplem @naritul @Jloves @sakura2016 

In both cases, Kim Sun is falling. However the rescuing is totally different.

In the past, the king only lowered himself a little and only used one hand to stop her from hurting herself. His position corresponded to his social status: he is standing above the Queen. Then we shouldn't forget that the evil eunuch Park Joong Won criticised him because he had lowered himself. He had used his hand to help someone who was much lower in status than the king, as the Queen was only the sister of a general, a warrior. The eunuch kept mentioning the hand the entire time. He used the incident to his advantage, making the rescue as something bad and dirty... so he must have witnessed the scene. He sprayed the rumours so that the king accepted his point of view. He saw the rescuing as something negative, while forgetting that he loved his wife. The king's pride and reputation were stronger than his love for her.

- In the present, GR is now under her. He is not just using his hand, but his entire body!! So we can conclude that GR is really determined and has no problem to do anything to help her. He is really dedicated. Then his position makes him look like as if he was kneeling ... something that a king would never do. Usually, people kneel in front of a king. Our GR is kneeling under Sunny. Notice that GR lowered himself to the ground. Now the positions are reversed: she is above him. There is no pride in the GR. He doesn't regret his decision and or even question his action. However, Kim Sun reacts differently. While in the past, she was happy for the king's action and saw it as a proof of his love for her, Kim Sun doesn't accept the rescuing. She freaks out because she sees noone. First, she doesn't consider it as a rescuing. Then if she saw it as such, she could not even thank the person for the help. GR can not take credit for his action. He is always there to help her but he remains hidden (scene with the drunk man!! too). Unlike in the present, the king took credit for his little action, while he did so little compared to our GR. 

As conclusion, the situation is reversed again... Now GR can act on his own accord, doesn't regret anything. We can see God's intervention due to both scenes. Determination, sincerity and need can also be observed in this situation.  

Very interesting and great analysis :) thank you

PS : It was not me who noticed the similarity,I took it from this tumblr user's post http://infinitedramax.tumblr.com/post/155214736397/thennow :) 

tumblr_oj4nh9p7B41taa1z6o9_540.png

Wang Yeo should just told her that he is a grim reaper

I am sure she is ok with it hehe

WangSun no.1  :blush: 

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2016/12/top-10-best-k-drama-moments-of-2016-ranked

• Like 14

In episode 10, Kim Shin was still bothered about his premoniton for the 29yo Eun Tak's date / meeting with a certain depeunim. And so KS suddenly realizes that he was the one who bought and gave the necklace to ET...but after realizing this, KS immediately get out of bed and use his portal door and went back to Quebec and bought the said necklace - which is quite confusing to me since how did KS knew that he was the one who gave the necklace to ET??? And if he did, why would KS run out of his bed and bought the necklace again in Quebec...can't finish this puzzle everytime i rewatched episode 10:anguished:

• Like 8

"Goblin" Kim So-hyeon-I on production site

photo802315.jpg

Kim So-hyeon-I was spotted filming the drama "Goblin".

A footage was posted on the SIdus HQ official Instagram and it recorded a high number of views. Comments include, "Even the sun admires her".

The footage of Kim So-hyeon-I is of her wearing a pink Hanbok on the set of "Goblin".

Meanwhile, Kim So-hyeon-I is starring in the tvN drama "Goblin" as Gong Yoo's sister and Queen.

http://www.hancinema.net/goblin-kim-so-hyeon-i-on-production-site-102047.html

• Like 16

19 minutes ago, Nisda said:

I personally started watching Goblin because of Kim Go Eun

Let us shake hand. Virtually.. me too. 

19 minutes ago, hallee said:

since how did KS knew that he was the one who gave the necklace to ET??? And if he did, why would KS run out of his bed and bought the necklace again in Quebec

I get what you mean but I don't know how to put it in English. From what I understand, he wants it to be that way. He saw ET wore that necklace and he (and me too at first) assumed ET bought it by her own. But since they are now in an official relationship, it is just make sense if KS is the one who gave the necklace to her.

• Like 15

@Nisda fistbump... I agree.. I feel bad that before some are pushing their biases just to be paired with GY.. No offense to their own biases but I feel bad that they will criticize her acting and looks just to push their own..I find this girl pretty but she lack confidence in red carpet or interview,, she really act well and movie critics praise her acting too.. She always looks shy beside her senior actors...but yes the casting of this drama is perfect for me...from the five leads to the red lady, grandpa and supporting actors..

• Like 11

Hi!! Wow I haven't been in this site in a while. Goblin brought me back!!! :)

I vow to backread all 400+pages in the office ***shhhhhh****

I just love how the put layers into the goblin character. He is childish (at times) but wise. Petty (sorta) but understanding. His wrath can turn the moon red but he is also benevolent. 

I can go on and on... :wub:

Excited for episode 11!!! 

• Like 7

4 hours ago, Miky88 said:

Yeah,that's true,he was living in just another period and was a bloody one yet i still find it facinating and hilarious taking it as they are now,looking just as parallels...it would been so hilarious if Goblin-nim had a twin opposite him:grimace: Oh,and we should very well add that our SHin is such a poet that even makes Grimmy be one as well...

If goblin have a twin oh my god what happen to our world...if will rainning and sunny for all time...:w00t:

Look new cast wish happy new year make me smile on day..Why I look GY as kim shin right now..I feel crazy this time:phew::wub:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hallee said:

In episode 10, Kim Shin was still bothered about his premoniton for the 29yo Eun Tak's date / meeting with a certain depeunim. And so KS suddenly realizes that he was the one who bought and gave the necklace to ET...but after realizing this, KS immediately get out of bed and use his portal door and went back to Quebec and bought the said necklace - which is quite confusing to me since how did KS knew that he was the one who gave the necklace to ET??? And if he did, why would KS run out of his bed and bought the necklace again in Quebec...can't finish this puzzle everytime i rewatched episode 10:anguished:

Hahha..I know Kim Shin very well.I try answer although i lack of words actually.:phew:

In future he feel jealous because he looks ET wait for a Mystery  man.He sad ET didnt remember anything and fell happy without Kim Shin and have a new man.

Episode 10 he still remember and feel jealous again.Then he thinking why he the first buy necklace ? So he go to Quebec to buy this thing. He didnt want to lost for the mystery man 10 years after that wish we hope that mystery man is Kim Shin itself.:wub:

• Like 7

@maryofbethany Hi Chingu :heart:

I agree with you. It is the little things in this drama that touches my heart, the little scenes that we as real humans don't think of or take for granted. I wondered with myself to why I was crying in those scenes (the same ones you mentioned too: ET's mom and little ET, Ghost friend, and even the one who asked for a favor from ET). Usually, I don't cry easily in scenes unless there is an emotional pull into it on my end of it, and i realized it. I am a sucker when it comes to portraying relationships that don't last. What I mean is, my heart feels sad when I know that ET's mom is dead, and it made me feel 'damn, if it really happened in life, it would be so sad too. How sad must one be if she can see her own mom's ghost?' I can easily put myself in their shoes, and just cry naturally thinking it's me there too. The ghost friend, it is her genuine action to keep her words in providing 'clothes' for her friend's baby, that made cry. She couldn't provide clothes, so she provided protection. And how ET, truly touched by her actions, and by the fact that her mom had someone else other than just her, was so moving. That was a sweet bitter goodbye, and I almost wanted to tell her not to go yet. But she did what she waited to do, and left. The other ghost, who wanted ET's help in filling her fridge, was thinking of her mom. Sometimes, and I admit, I get so busy in life, I forget to think of my own mom too. When I saw that scene, I was like.."awww..I wouldn't want my mom to be worried too." It's the little things that draws me into an emotional puddle. Like you mentioned, relationships. Heck, even that scene with the blind man and his dog touched me. Simple gestures like that, is sweet to my eyes. Lol, yes, I like that. I wouldn't mind being a Bride and a Queen too (I support both Goblin and GR's love stories haha). And their bromance.

----

Goblin is only 6 episodes away from the finale. I can say, the ending of episode 10 can serve as the climax of the story, where stories are finally starting to be revealed. We easily see GR is the King and Sunny is the Queen. I think the tragic of their story, lies not in themselves, but in that eunuch that was manipulating the king. And the king, was in his own way, too weak to realize it. The Queen was stronger, and noticed the manipulation, but the king was the latter. The manipulation ultimately became fear, jealousy, and death. I mean, even after the king's death, we easily see the Eunch showed little sympathy from the way he was whispering to the other person before KS killed him. I wonder if the Eunch was reincarnated or not. I do know he isn't Secretary Kim. I did an facial analysis (lol) and they don't match. Secretary Kim is by far, much more handsome. Chingus, I have this crazy theory: I think ET is the person KS should have met if he didn't get killed in his times, but because he was killed, he never saw who his fated wife was to be, and never got to feel love. Et was meant to die, but was saved, for a purpose that we all understand and know. But, beyond what we know, I think ET's purpose is more than what the diety is letting us in. What if she is connected to that butterfly? What if she, herself, is connected to the diety? I have no idea really. Sounds crazy. I will just have to wait for upcoming episodes.

I am so glad KS knows the truth about Sunny now. I really love that scene. One of my favorites. Now, I can totally see a protective KS over his sister. And I look forward to it. I don't think DH is a diety, but I do think he is the balance of GR and KS, and possibly even the one that will foresee the r/s when KS knows GR is the king. The last scene shows an expression of loneliness and regret (a little too late for that) but we will see how he came to feel that. Also, I wonder why KS was so keen on reaching the king, that even after he came back, he was still faraway from reaching the king. It's sad he never could reach him, and now he is so close to King (GR) and don't even realize it.

On a lighter note, that second runway show was hilarious. Had me laughing hard! and that kiss, cute and innoncent. Love it.

Now, please PD-nim, use our Goblin and GR's kissing skills, and put them to the fullest potential of a kiss fest :phew::w00t:

• Like 12

While I was reading the English translation of the I Miss You ost, the bolded lyrics made me want to do these... This song is just full of WangSun couple, I love it so much. :tears:

The tears keep coming when I see you
I don’t know why

Are you coming to me slowly?
The love I can’t avoid

I love u love u love u
I call that a connection

And I miss u miss u
The man who is my destiny

Why are you looking at me with sad eyes?
Please don’t cry

Didn’t you recognize me right away?
What took you so long?

I love u love u love u
I felt we have a connection

And I miss u miss u
The man who is my destiny

Even in another life
And even if you tried to hide yourself

I’ll find you
Let’s not say goodbye ever

Please don’t leave me
Don’t leave

dL2L2pI.png

mZKG7Tp.png

gbwfWat.png

Buuuttt, there are times where he also looks at her with happy, shiny eyes...:wub::tears:

dDx2CUF.png

H7PTiB6.png

OZyg0Fr.png

Wishing more happy moments :tears:

• Like 23

Hello All ~ :)

Just finished reading 10 pages - and Love that everyone keeps this thread alive with all the theories and guesses. <3

I'll toss out a few too.

* Regarding Goblin hopping up (in flip flops- ha!) to travel to Quebec to buy Eun Tak a necklace...I think it's his first effort to "open the door of desperate change".
He'd said to Grim Reaper that it may take him 100 years or 10 months, but he was willing to try (like the man who burst into the tea-room-of-the-dead to use the toilet) whatever means/doors it took to create the change that would allow him to stay by Eun Tak's side. He literally opened the door to Canada to bring back a gift that he knew (foresaw) Eun Tak wearing in the future, desperately (?) hoping that he would still be connected to her by some means in future.

* Deok Hwa as a god-being. Not yet convinced.
Option A) Red Lady spied him as a child and watched him grow up until she could recruit him as a clueless pawn.
Example: It was not long after they first had drinks that Deok Hwa rented out Goblin's house to Grim Reaper. Just how did he contact/meet up with THAT specific Grim Reaper - especially one with the cash to rent a mansion for 20 years?

Option B ) Red Lady is the goddess of birth, presumably ALL births - so she created Deok Hwa (either as a new being or reincarnation) specifically to be her subordinate in bringing together our 4 Leads. He either: knows nothing of being manipulated, knows enough to catch on- as he tends to do...or has been fairly fully informed by Red and will at some point create a major catalyst/turning point. (finding Eun Tak at the ski resort could count as a start) edit: I don't think he was the white butterfly to find her - I think when she turned on her phone to read the news about the fog & red super moon - he tracked her by her smart phone. Remember when DH & Reaper covered up the giant car smash-up? ...they had a room full of computers and staff to make the "fix", it wouldn't be out of DH's ability to track a single smart phone.

* Eun Tak's father is reincarnation of evil Eunuch. Doubtful.
Even if he /father was described as selfish/unfaithful ~ the character of Eun Tak's Mom was clearly a loving, doting mother with a gentle/pure heart and Red Lady said that she truly enjoyed creating Eun Tak. Speculating that Eun Tak's Mom would never have given her heart & body to a man with such a vile nature as the Eunuch ...nor would the birth goddess have "enjoyed" creating Eun Tak through violence or force. Also, random thought, Eunuchs can't procreate and I think the universe of gods & goddesses would have unilaterally, collectively voted to pitch evil Eunuch to the flames 4ever...he poisoned generations of the Royal family and was spooky crazy. (props to the actor)
I tend to think the father will be a bit of a surprise...but a Eunuch reincarnation would make our lovely Eun Tak too pitiful - I'm hoping it's not.

* Other missing soul - completely stumped, unless it's Kim Sun for some quirky reason. But somehow I think Shaman Lady would have shaken her bells and fan and figured that out. <--- she's goofy/funny, but she does seem to have some skill. How horrified would Reaper be to get Sunny's name on a card? (wondering if Eun Tak is the only missing soul who can see Reapers or if they all can, if so, that counts out Sunny)

* Grandpa's passing- I'll be crying for sure. His sweetly silly " heh, heh, heh" at the end of every scene will be missed.

• Like 20

13 hours ago, Nisda said:

Please don't be biased just because she isn't pretty and popular but please look at how talented she is and not her looks. There are so many 'pretty' actresses even they have been labelled as 'A' list cant bring the standard of acting as she has been now.  

Spoiler

kim-go-eun.jpg&key=404d62ed73b2e83a469c4

I don't understand this plea.

What more does she have to be

to be considered pretty?  

I keep wondering if "pretty" in Korean means more that it does in English.  The way the term is used in k-drama is seems to be the equivalent of "saintly + super intelligent + kind + pure + etc."  as if "pretty" is the highest order of human perfection a person can reach. So I'm thinking that there must be some other dimension to the word that the English word "pretty" does not capture.

If pretty just means good to look at in Korean, well I don't get why it is so valued.

• Like 15