[Drama 2016-2017] Guardian: The Lonely and Great Goblin 도깨비

Go Seung Ji

4 minutes ago, andy78 said:

WOW !I CAN'T WAIT THE SCENE!!!A RIVAL FOR OUR GOBLIN!!!HE WATCHES HER FROM FAR WITH THAT OPPA!

Probably KS will use his magic with this guy? No one can touch Goblin's Bride dudeee  #TeamAhjusshi

Even GR aka Kim Woo Bin stay away from her :sweatingbullets:

• Like 4

This show is getting more and more interesting. Since 2009, I've been following many genres of drama and I finally found the writer who could pretty mixed emotions so perfectly. One minute after my heart touched and felt like cry a river, I could laugh so loudly. But the transition of emotion still so soft and makes sense. I love the dialogues too. The monologs complete the cast's dialogue. We can understand the whole story with just a few of monologs. All of them are proof how genius our writer is.

IMO, he isn't as handsome as LMH, or many other flower boys in k-dramaland. But, I love his silhouette, his facial expression, his stares, even his wardrobe and style I hooked on it so much. Maybe because it met my taste at this age or it just suitable for his role as fashionable ahjussi in his 939 years old. No tight pants, no shoes without socks, and no colorful shirts anymore. I love Eun Tak's style too. She was simple as high school student. But, I wonder why she still at high school grade? I graduated from my high school at 17 and continued to college til 22. I dont know for sure how education in SK works. But, if Eun Tak real age was 18, it's okay.

For LDW, I wonder why as amnesiac GR, his character is very human and soft, contrary to his role as a cruel king. He has been living for  longterm, he never died and wasn't reincarnated, so the character never changed into someone else. I really wanna know what happened in his past life. Because the amnesiac is the one who innocent, right? 

• Like 19

5 hours ago, selenette said:

@shynaz Dear, come and look at @samzz 's post. The BrOTP is sailing. :grin:

EDIT

@LyraYoo Haha! Happy to meet yet another Jane Eyre fan! I was surprised when I posted it that both girls (Jane and Ji Eun-tak, whose initials are almost similar too) have LOTS in common! 

Even their men have lots in common, too. Both Rochester and Kim Shin protected children: Adèle Varenz and the boy in Quebec (and maybe many more in Kim Shin's case)

Also... I shivered when I found the "women in white" part. For both Rochester and Kim Shin.. those are their secrets.

Cc: @staygold for the Jane Eyre stuff in this post.

omg.. my eyes..my heart just like:w00t:how can I vote this poll?

look more fun in bts. I love they enjoy in shooting. Its rewards for us also.:wub:

I be ready with jeaolus goblin..dont worry Im here

• Like 7

I might be in minority but the Whole idea of Goblin trying to control  ET and/or her potential love interests with his magic because of his jealousy  is not Appealing or cute at all and I seriously hope they don't go there. 

I would rather see him want her to be happy even though his own heart is breaking and just warn ball boy not to hurt her if he knows what's good for him. The dude is only a cameo anyway so it does not work out for them anyway.

• Like 15

C0Dk1Q0UQAA9jU7.jpg

Naver started their year end Poll..And its a battle between DOTS, Goblin and Moonlight...Damn Goblin & GrimReaper couple..
cr. Signal
(just for fun for peace sake, actually all 3 are worthy to win,. let's say all 3 are winners together!) am very easily happy, as long as GY is placed among the other 2, i'll be tail wagging.

• Like 17

5 minutes ago, RobinM said:

I might be in minority but the Whole idea of Goblin trying to control  ET and/or her potential love interests with his magic because of his jealousy  is not Appealing or cute at all and I seriously hope they don't go there. 

I would rather see him want her to be happy even though his own heart is breaking and just warn ball boy not to hurt her if he knows what's good for him. The dude is only a camio anyway so it does not work out for them anyway.

Its we call comic scene..just to show how goblin will handle after he know thats man come to ET. Just imagine suppose goblin died already but its no happen because Et didnt see the sword.

This is first time goblin will feeling especially how can he handle that situation.Goblin also say he is husband to Et so he as traditional to manage his wife.:wub:

I hope the earth will be ok that time...LoL

• Like 15

So, fellow Immortals, have any of you guys been drawn in by the luscious red lips of the Grim Reaper while watching Goblin? :w00t: I know I have ^^

Lee Dong-wook reveals secret to his red lips

Viewers of the ongoing TV drama “Guardian” have wondered for a while what lip product actor Lee Dong-wook uses. 

Lee, who plays the grim reaper in the show, is killing the role with his pale complexion and contrastingly red lips -- the latter having attracted enough attention for an autocomplete feature for search word “Lee Dong-wook tint” to appear on Korean online portals.

restmb_jhidxmake.jpg

This is not the first time the 35-year-old was noticed for his luscious lips.

Lee had previously been questioned for the secret to his perfectly full and red lips, to which he gave an answer last year on camera while addressing the fans of his then-show, “Bubble Gum.”

In a broadcast meant to communicate with the viewers of the “Bubble Gum” drama, Lee’s co-star Jung Ryeo-won brought it up that many female fans are curious about Lee’s lip care formula.

Lee then stepped closer to the camera and rubbed his lips with his hand, saying, “I didn’t apply anything.”

He said he was simply born this way. 

“My lips were this way since childhood. An oriental medical doctor once told me that people with a lot of heat in their body sometimes get this kind of red lips.”

Lee added that he doesn’t think having red lips is necessarily a good thing. 

http://kpopherald.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=201612201522537110244_

• Like 23

As alluded to in my previous post, i feel the drama has successfully managed to flesh out the characters of ET and KS and built a solid enough foundation with regards to their relationship. Now is just a question of building on this foundation brick by brick metaphorically speaking to give shape to their relationship. This phase in a drama allows for other aspects in the storyline to come to the forefront and be developed more succintly. The relationship aspect can then take a back seat to the overarching narrative and develop at a more organic pace, “brick by brick”, which for some reason i keep on repeating at the risk of sounding like a broken record. I feel this is the perfect time to put the spotlight on the characters of GR and Sunny. My gripe with the drama so far, if you can even call it that, has been how devoid GR is of any character motivation. I hope they expand on his background a bit more and give us some context into his involvement in the story. A cliched backstory of an amnesiac anti hero can only take you so far. The same applies to the character of sunny too. I hope her character is given a chance to be fleshed out a bit more in the upcoming episodes. Their characters are certainly likable in isolation but i dont know what they bring to the table storywise in the grand scheme of things. People will point to the reincarnation aspect but that in my opinion is not substantive enough to justify the storyline carrying two characters so far while in an ideal senario, it is the characters carrying the story. I do agree the reincarnation angle ties to both GR and sunny but i feel that aspect also needs to be developed a lot more as well as other areas of their characters too. However, It is to the immense credit of the two actors playing GR and sunny that they have made the characters their own and have managed to hold the audience's interest in the relatively limited time and presence that have been afforded to them so far.

Having said all that i have said till now, i still trust this drama wholeheartedly and have a firm belief that it knows what it's doing. It has shown itself to be very smart with how it has developed the characters of ET and KS and with it their relationship. With just a few episodes in, It will be rather unceremonious on my part to assume it would not do the same for the other major characters as well. The next episode quite frankly can't come soon enough.

• Like 16

25 minutes ago, RobinM said:

I would rather see him want her to be happy even though his own heart is breaking and just warn ball boy not to hurt her if he knows what's good for him. The dude is only a camio anyway so it does not work out for them anyway.

@RobinM don't worry. believed KimShin has enough greatness in himself NOT to go there. he might go jealous, and turn childish, but i don't think he will use magic to control heart.. the most do some silly stuff like flying plates or cups... i guess that scene with the Cameo oppa, is added for laugh, and light moments. writernim does know how to blend the heart wrenching moments with lights ones. so as not to overly make this a super melo-piece.
no matter how, the poor girl really need a little 'chasing after" by some school-hunk, i believed much of her past life, has been some kind of wall-flower and been bullied by those rich-mean-girls.
Most important: . a little showing of jealousy on his part is much needed to our poor little ET. because till now, she has NOT seen any sign or glimpse of his deep feels, if matters continue as he put on false front that he don't care, show will go draggy and neither do we want to see noble idiocy ! She just need enough hint or "leaking' by himself, to encourage her that he does care.
@shynaz oosp, i didnt read your post in reply to her.
you said "This is first time goblin will feeling especially how can he handle that situation.Goblin also say he is husband to Et so he as traditional to manage his wife ."
yes, i think that unexpected kiss by ET, somewhat make him wanting to guard his claim to his wifey. and most important, it sealed something, awakened something between them. and it make him desired, desired thus bold, Bold thus turn childish,... hahah. at any time i loved a fluttered confused panicky goblin. but he will stop short in harming or hurting anyone. esp if he think ET loved any other guy, he will give up immeidately. to someone who desire and asked to be "erased from her memories",. i guess there is just No deeper self sacrifice than this, to be ask to be forgotten by your loved one for her own sake.
so, no, i don't think he will go "there".

• Like 17

28 minutes ago, RobinM said:

Oh, he is willing to die instead of live happy with her because he don't want her to be hurt when she pulls the sword. He also give her presents for when she goes on a date and I bet if she decides to live him, he would not say a thing. But it was ET who made him sign the contract, the way I see, she is using her tools to control him too :sweatingbullets:

• Like 13

I really like that even though LDW is not the male lead actor he has ample amount of screen time. His relationship to the goblin is one of the reasons why this drama rocks. It's funny every time they are in a conversation even if the situation is something serious. Sometimes i think this drama is a comedy because i laugh every episode. 

• Like 21

You said it perfectly! He needs to be a little insecure,to realize this beautiful girl is not going to stay on the shelf waiting  indefinitely   and she needs to at least see  the glimmer of potential for KS to be more than just an Ahjussi who uses her as a means to an end. 

But I still hold to the theory He set this up to grant her wish and now has to deal with it.

• Like 16