[Drama 2016-2017] Guardian: The Lonely and Great Goblin 도깨비

Go Seung Ji

5 minutes ago, ghosthunt said:

Now I want to know the secret DH told Eun Tak when translating KS "love letter" xD  Was it revealed but I missed it? If so hope someone can point it out for me :)

The text ET copied was the prayer KS wrote years and years ago
But DH did tell ET taht it was a loveletter, saying something about "in 100 years, bla bla", while the one was written down, the other was just in KS head like a prayer to god ... so DH told ET something he couldn't have known

• Like 5

*Sigh*

Choked up so many times during the episode, it took me another half hour to digest the episode. Creativity of writer must be applauded, she has certainly raised the bar high. I will be waiting for her next work.

Coming to the off-putting parts: 

So-called god and his arrogance. Sorry but I can't label it anything else but arrogance. Despite deity asking him to re-consider his decision and give them a chance, he seems to hold grudges. That makes me think, only a supreme being can have the right to be arrogant because he knows that he is supreme. Which was again pointed about later in the episode by eunuch while talking to Kim Shin, 'what made you think that you are a god?' If according to god, it's only their destiny or fate(god's will) that brought them so much ill, then why blame the human will? Why blame grim reaper for choosing to erase his memories, when it was already decided? Anyways, Deak Hwa is only possessed by god, he isn't one.

Next, eunuch! What is he exactly?! For a moment I thought he is a vampire the way he was following that drunk man; thirsty for blood. If the concept is inspired from Supernatural, then he is close to being a demon ghost because he did posses that drunk man for a second..right? Goblin's sword didn't work, try sprinkling some holy water.:blink: I think, since there one confrontation that is still remaining- Grim Reaper and PJW's, only GR can put an end to this 'thing'. 

The lady Grim Reaper. We don't need another villain..puhleez!:crazy: That brings me to the point, why is it that suddenly grim reapers are curious about their past life? For repentance? But being a grim reaper is part of their penance..isn't it? When that junior grim reaper says, we all are sinners, they live with the fact that they are sinners. When that funny grim reaper says, why do you want to remember a horrible past? Why do they when they know they can't change it after being a grim reaper. I think it's because being close to humans and handling their lives so up close, they tend to develop a certain longing, maybe we could change our past for just once. Remember that 'human desperation' concept, it applies here to..the desperation to change the past opens a new door.

The 'keep-extra-tissues-in-hands' parts::tears:

Kim Shin and Sunny meeting. A sad yet gald moment. One thing that was clear from this scene was, Sunny and Kim Sun quite alike. Same souls in different bodies..that's reincarnation.

Grim Reaper and Sunny scene. Aaahhh the pains, the feels..aigooo. The more I say about it, the less it will sound. I have seen tragic love stories, I like them more than typical rom-coms but theirs will be the one which I will remember for a long long time. Not sure now that if I should even hope for a happy ending for them. Some people were disappointed with the kiss, why? There wasn't much lip movement I agree about that, but then was it supposed to be a romantic kiss?

It doesn't look like Grim Reaper was able to remove her memories completely, he said remember only the happy moments so she must be knowing about Wang Yeo and GR's identity through these happy moments only, when she was questioned by Kim Shin. Or GR's magic didn't work.:blink:

The epilogue or precap. No words..:vicx:

Only four episodes remaining...End is coming. I will miss this drama. *Sigh*

• Like 12

8 hours ago, plappi said:

I'm about the fact that the queen is killed when she was young. 

Yes that I think is subject to interpretation. I thought in that scene they finally recognize each other. Maybe that is why they showed it like that. Else they could have continued to show us Kim Min Jae and Kim So hyun. 

Any more ideas on that?

• Like 4

@bebebisous33 Yes! Like you said, GR is now feeling guilty; he knows he deserves the punishment. But I would say he probably knew it at the end of his life as Wang Yeo too....

I also totally agree with you about the correlation between ET loosing her powers and KS's as well. He is becoming "normal" so to speak as he is coming closer to mortality. I also think it is important in his learning process: to accept that he is not a god, not as powerful as he thought he was and is. Wasn't it also the same issue when he was alive? Wasn't it the reason he became a goblin to begin with? In order for the "curse" to be over, he needs to accept that.

1 hour ago, bebebisous33 said:

Moreover, the female GR Kim could try to take ET away, since she is a missing soul. Only by rescuing ET, GR/Wang Yeo  can redeem himself in KS' eyes. GR protects KS' first love... in my opinion, the evil ghost Park needs to get rid of ET. We saw that the goblin was not able to kill the ghost. Notice that there is this other GR in Sunny's house. Maybe he will protect Sunny as well. It would be interesting if all the GR acted together against the evil ghost Park. Park as evil eunuch used people to get KS killed, maybe this time the situation will be reversed: the entire staff of GR (people) will be there to protect Kim Sim's sister and his love... notice that Wang Yeo has this little crown on his jacket, as if he was the king among the GRs. As soon as GR with the other Grim reapers has helped KS out, ET can remove the sword because KS had let go of his resent.

I also thought that the GRs might come to help. One of them lives in Sunny's house like you said. They also started to come to the Chicken Shop and they were all stricken by her beauty. And she offered them chicken, saying that their job was hard... Connections are being established so I think they might come to help KS/ET/GR/Sunny.

Now I am curious to see what the female GR will choose since she has regained her memories. Will she side with evil Park again or not?...

I also think DH will play a big role in it all. Because he is kind like the God of Birth said. He will have success because of his kind heart.

Spoiler

For a brief second, I had a bad presentiment after the God of Birth said that DH was kind. It sounded like it was an omen for a sacrifice. Like he will be so kind as to sacrifice himself for the ones he loves... I hope I am wrong!! :P

@ghosthunt The letter DH read to KS was never written down. KS asked directly God for the permission to confess to his 1st love (ET). You can hear it at the end of episode 8 for instance, thought he had said that kind of prayer before. It was directed at God, he heard it. Then though DH, he said it to ET.

• Like 12

10 minutes ago, itzibitzispider said:

The text ET copied was the prayer KS wrote years and years ago
But DH did tell ET taht it was a loveletter, saying something about "in 100 years, bla bla", while the one was written down, the other was just in KS head like a prayer to god ... so DH told ET something he couldn't have known

Yeah I knew about this (death prayer changed to love confession by DH) but didn't realised that was this secret :) Thank you!

7 minutes ago, makeuptemple said:

oh I have been thinking it was her...  but if her ma was pregnant at the time she can't be the goblins bride. I wonder about the grandma what was she in Goreyo? 

ETs mom made fun of grannys story ... she was pregnant that moment, but naturally she did not know that her baby was surposed to be the goblins bride

I rewatched every scene in "old" times, but I did not see the granny or red lady there, so either I missed her or she does not apear openly. But as KS hinted in the bookstore scene she must have been there to create him as well and must have been happy to create him, too ... so who knows if we will get to see her or if I missed her and others not

• Like 9

I don't think ET can't see ghosts. She can still see that creeper. But with her ghost friend, I think ET is upset she brought that creeper to her. It's more of, "Kyaaaa, how could you bring that scary ghost to me?!" So she ignored her and pretends she can't see. In the earlier episodes we did see ET ignored the same ghost. 

Someone mentioned LDW's pretty hands. Yes! He has such pretty, manly hands! When he held Sunny's face, my eyes was on his hands...lol. IMO, GY has THE most beautiful legs among male actors. So toned and sculpted beautifully. Google sshi will show you his pics in shorts. He's just like Kim Shin, so cheekily-bashful at times...lol. 

• Like 12

th?id=OIP.M509bf667f6e7ed10724308e575f1bFB_IMG_1483806886850.jpgRelated imagetumblr_ojf0glj2Pc1t0yw8ro4_1280.jpgRelated imageRelated imageRelated imageRelated image

Life is about the choices we make, the regrets we face.  If heaven intervenes, forgiveness finds a way, our hearts change than maybe our destiny can be replaced.  With a different ending where love and happiness are embraced...

The man whose every second on this earth was good... 

Our writer teaches us without maybe even meaning to the truths about death and dying and loss and regret.  The darkness that follows and the pain which hurts so bad you don't think you can even breathe.  You can't think, you can't feel you can't believe that their gone and your numb inside and out.  How does one say good-bye to someone when your immortal?  How many times has his heart been torn in two?  How hard would it be to love when your always the one saying good-bye and  being left behind...

So this is what it's like to be immortal...

ET sees the Goblin alone in the dark and as she places her arms around his neck and shoulders softly comforting him and softly speaking as tears slowly start to fall from his eyes and she draws him into her resting her head upon his and encouraging him with her thoughts and her love.  She reminds him to smile even through the tears because having the chairman in his life someone filled with goodness who spent his whole life being the Goblins Brother, Father, Grandfather and most of all his dearest friend...

How will I live alone? Your not alone...  Uncle...  You have me... You and I will be together... Uncle... So don't worry...

Somehow seeing the Goblin with his arm around DH  crying and broken having to comfort him when they were both hurting so bad.  I thought about the Goblins kindness and caring for another that there is real goodness within him.  Hearing & seeing DH crying was such a real picture of mourning and how there are always regrets that follow no matter who you are.  It's moments like this that are so real that you find yourself thinking long and hard about how these characters and even the words move right from the screen directly into your mind and heart.  What I love about this drama is the realness you can't escape from...

Fate ordained by the sky...  The absolute destiny far beyond the realm of humanity...

When I saw ET getting ready for her first day of school her excited self just full of happiness even in the midst of knowing at any moment anything could happen.  Yet her child like faith in the Goblin makes her trust and live without fear she just wants to live in the moment even if its all she & he might have.   I loved the Goblins over protective and jealous nature he loves every inch of her from the top of her head to the bottom tips of her toes.   She puckers her sweet lips expecting that what was forgotten was a kiss.  But the Goblin surprises her takes this moment to place a necklace claiming her whole self for him.  She asks the meaning and as he tells her I am reminded of the truth in his words that their destiny had nothing to do with evil but was heaven sent... They just didn't happen, but were always meant to be...

The kiss of the GR brings back memories of your previous life...

I thought this scene said so much about who the GR is and was as WY the King.  About the goodness that although may have been covered up with youth, fear and confusion was always there underneath.  I felt it the first time when we saw him peeking at Kim Sun and you knew it was love he felt that day.  I saw it again when she rushed to meet him and although he said she was heavy you knew he was thrilled that she wanted to come to him.  Because later while studying or at least trying he was really overcome with flashbacks of her and that moment.  Even when he heard the whispers of evil and threats of holding onto something which could be taken.  He wasn't trying to be mean to his Queen when he slapped the medicine away.  He knew the dangers all to well and was protecting her in the only way he knew how.  I have no doubt  that he loved her he just didn't know who to trust or believe.  He couldn't even protect himself or her and sometimes fear itself makes you believe even when the voice inside your heart is screaming follow me.  It's the human weakness to evil  that often wins instead... A choice he forever painfully regretted...

Happy endings are possible if we have the faith and courage to find them...

My last thoughts are the GR lost everything that day his Knight, his wife and his life for he was never the same and nothing not even the crown would have meaning to him ever again.  I think as the story continues to unfold we see the interlocking pieces connect to each other and span across time and even beyond humanities understanding.  That regret, weakness, loss, pain, change, courage, love, sacrifice, loyalty and most of all forgiveness are all a part of these characters and their present & past lives.  I think in order to kill the evil one they must unite as they have done in their present beings as brothers as the GR and the Goblin.  Oh how I hope there is a scene of them doing it right this time being on the same side and fighting the only real enemy there ever was PJW....

Aigooooooooo...that GR&Sunny scene :tears:...i'm speachless...so sad...GR: 'Hope at least you'll have a happy ending' :tears:

He does not deserve a redemption? After all his regret? 

Wookie was brilliant hail.gif  ...can't stand him crying :tears:

• Like 12

Guest ktiminie

NATIONWIDE TV RATINGS EPISODE 12

AGB Nielsen: 13.712% (Seoul: 15.680%) :star:

Spoiler

EPkHpd.jpg

fJmbD9.jpg

Source: Nielsen

-------------------------

Goblin TV Ratings Recap:

Spoiler

OmmG9h.jpg

14 hours ago, aurelly said:

His name is Jo Woo Jin 

Details under spoiler

Hide contents

http://star.koreandrama.org/jo-woo-jin/

Name: 조우진 / Jo Woo Jin
Profession: Actor
Birthdate: 1978-Dec-18
Heigt: 180cm
Weight: 72kg
Education: Sejong University
Hobbies: Photography
Specialties: Swimming, cooking

And this creepy Ahjussi is Kim Byung Chul  :crazy:

ahhh i was like confused why KS had to handpick the secretary and he also said im glad you grow up to be a good man. But this clarifies everything. Thank you so much ~!!!

• Like 5

Hi chingus I m back in soompi after  weeks of absence and I have to confess it s all for LDW and his GR role.

He is the one that made me love " Goblin" again , especially after the two last episodes.

His story and his love story with Sunny gave life again to the series .

Nothing wrong with Gong Yoo and Kim Go Eun , I like both actors a looot but the writer took their very interesting strong characters in the beginning  and gave them childish dialogues  that failed to make me believe in their  destined  love. That's how I see it and I hope in the next few episodes I will change my mind.

• Like 8

Will Goblin still be able to get high viewership ratings even if the casts are different?

dcd7a9be8cc689fa04ec68e70730f180.gif

Goblin

0PEWeuRz9CEQspsP61XaAp04g1d_sfVVUyMwy3UJ

Grim Reaper

BYErz2u6eS4dub7gBrowVCPD40n2myRDQxuKIJb5

Yoo Deokhwa

nKXWgcqIuc6GbKPFXQNfKEge6mFIZ9AZVMUo66Ja

Grim Reaper's colleague

-LT7Hw8VcgYA3Ore54VGRfJzb8ns-HoHmuLmZ3sh

The secretary

GI6KOxsYP01d4xl_LSelNRrDAkkxVodeos1uhlMn

Chairman Yoo

s_0aSJx2X807y3uWoN6Y7PmF8FsnAQcK00KfmvoQ

Eunuch Park

instiz

-If those were the casts, I wouldn't even remember the plot and the only think I could think of is probably about how handsome they look..

-No.. Song Joongki doesn't suit Yoo Deokhwa's character..

-I personally think the original casts are already good enough..

-I like the current casts..ㅎㅎㅎ

-Their visuals are really good, but I like the current casts..

-No one can suit the Goblin's role better than Gongkkaebi..

-I personally think the current casts are better..

-Then who would play Ji Euntak's role? 
  -Me
  -Do you want to return back into ashes..?

-I think the viewership ratings will be higher if these were the casts!!

-It's possible.. But the current casts are already good enough..

-Whoa.. The whole drama would look like a movie if those were the casts..

-Why.. I like the current casts..

-I thought the guy in the first gif was Ji Changwook..

-I think the viewership ratings will be over 30%..?

-It's impossible..

-It's possible..

-I have a feeling there would be tons of PPL in the drama if those were the castsㅋㅋㅋ

-The female character is important as well..

-Who's the guy in the first gif..?

-Kang Dongwon..ㅠㅠㅠ

-It's impossible.. The current casts are already good enough..

https://pannative.blogspot.com.eg/2017/01/will-goblin-still-able-to-get-high.html

• Like 12

11 minutes ago, kiklaminHo said:

Nothing wrong with Gong Yoo and Kim Go Eun , I like both actors a looot but the writer took their very interesting strong characters in the beginning  and gave them childish dialogues  that failed to make me believe in their  destined  love. That's how I see it and I hope in the next few episodes I will change my mind.

Hey! :w00t:

I also thought that at the beginning but I came to like that. I think it makes them complement each other; and it just does sthg to me to see KS happy like a teenager in love... Ok, ok you know me: it might have to do with Gong Yoo but still... It's quite stricking to see this 900-year-old ajusshi behave like a 19-year-old boy. It's like he is experiencing what he missed out on all these years...

@ktiminie Salut!!! Ca va?!

• Like 8

11 hours ago, LyraYoo said:

Did the Eunuch just eat squid or octopus or something?

@LyraYoo I missed this gemstone of a comment. And the Power Rangers one (although I'd rather think our characters in colors are TAYO and his band of small bus XD)

Spoiler

image.jpg

C1kM8z0UAAAcY3W.jpg

Cr: Lyra Yoo

A knetz said the Eunuch has been licking grape-flavored Pollapo ice creams for 900 years.

8_06.jpg

No need for purple lip tint, then. XD

Edited by selenette
TAYO
  • Like 24