[Drama 2017] Bride of the Water God, 하백의 신부

Chellsee

6 minutes ago, blademan said:

Loving the height difference :wub: 

and this kiss was extremely sweet even though I couldn't really understand what they were saying except that he's gonna leave...? BUT love love LOVED this scene :D 

He kept saying ' I HAVE to go' ..right?

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, amisyka77 said:

I hate it that they made HY the bad guy. SoAh's in danger now...really hate this kind of confrontation..

I don't know whether to call him the bad guy just yet. He is misunderstood, frustrated and,most of all, fearful. Fear drives people to do crazy things just to protect themselves and they would often lose self-control. There is a good side to him that wants to grow trees and help people. I hope the gods realise what a terrible mistake they're making by discriminating demigods. And I hope Hooye doesn't end up turning all that hate into revenge because I'm certain there's still good in him. The gods should create a demigod camp or something...like the one in the Percy Jackson movie. 

1 minute ago, amisyka77 said:

He kept saying ' I HAVE to go' ..right?

hi @amisyka77 yes Habaek kept on saying "i have to go" but he can't resist his mortal servant.

In the preview, he did say that he wants to stay with Soah and he don't want to go.

5 minutes ago, blademan said:

Loving the height difference :wub: 

and this kiss was extremely sweet even though I couldn't really understand what they were saying except that he's gonna leave...? BUT love love LOVED this scene :D 

Me too. Love this scene.

But I accidentally translate (with google translate of course -_-) a post on DCInside. She/he resume ep 9. I gasped on the last part. I'm thinking wether I will re-write the sentences or just copy paste them....

So I decided to just copy paste. And let us wonder what's the meaning.

It's actually very long, but I'll just copied the last part started from SoAh confronted HaBaek while crying before the kiss.

========

If I give up 100 million,
You do not know what it means.

still,
I do not know.

I,
It's okay.

The child,
I'm angry.

It's not because you wanted to sell the land of God to the descendants.

you,
I will not have you,
Because of the descendants that I have.

We tell each other,
It's just a waste of joy,
It's just a wing that can not fly.

So I have to stop.

By the way,
I can not stop my mind.

Towards the back of the haggis,
Children talk.

'Smiling when it's hard,
It is the admiration,
The crying thing is the third. "

Because of you, you became third class.

A life that was always alone,
Among the weight of life that had to be borne alone,
Let's not be the first class,
Note,
It was a heart that held up again.

because of you,
It 's hard to hold on to my heart.

In front of such a child's confession,
Harabag is aiming at the child,
Walk again.

"I will go," he said,
Hold the child with a kiss.

I have to go,
I do not want to go.

Because of you,
I did not want to go.

Leave you,
I can not go.

I know you and my world are different,

So even if you forget me,
I know I can not forget you for a long time you can not imagine,

I know you can not be one of the little things without me,

I still can not stop.

so,
Your winds for me will not stop.

'I will go.'

Even if it becomes useless joy,
I am now,
You, me,
It's enough to feel completely.

======

Inside the spoiler box is the original hangul. Please for you who understand korean language, be kind to translate it for us.

Spoiler

내가 1억을 포기한다는 게,
어떤 의미인지 당신을 모를 거라고.

그래도,
몰라도 괜찮다고.

내가,
괜찮으니 되었다고.

그런 소아 앞에 나타난 하백은,
화가 났어.

후예에게 신의 땅을 팔려고 했기 때문이 아니야.

너를,
나는 가져서는 안 될 너를,
갖겠다고 하는 후예 때문에.

우리는 서로에게,
'쓸데없는 기쁨'일 뿐이고,
'날 수 없는 날개'일 뿐인데.

그래서 멈춰야 하는 마음인데.

그런데,
마음이 멈추질 않아.

모질게 뒤돌선 하백을 향해,
소아는 이야기 해.

'힘들 때 웃는 건 일류,
참는 건 이류,
우는 건 삼류.'

당신 때문에 자기 삼류가 되었다고.

늘 혼자였던 삶,
혼자 감당해야 했던 삶의 무게 가운데,
일류는 못 되어도 삼류만은 되지 말자고,
참고, 또 참고,
버티고, 또 버티었던 마음인데.

당신 때문에,
내 마음을 버티기 힘들어졌다고.

그런 소아의 고백 앞에,
하백은 소아를 향해,
다시 걸어 가.

'나는 갈 거야.'라며,
입맞춤으로 소아를 붙들어.

가야 하는데,
가고 싶지 않다고.

너 때문에,
가고 싶지 않아졌다고.

너를 두고,
갈 수 없다고.

너와 나의 세계가 다르다는 것을 알지만,

그래서 너는 나를 잊어도,
나는 네가 상상할 수도 없을 만큼의 긴 시간 동안 너를 잊을 수 없다는 걸 알지만,

네가 나에게 이름없는 작은 것들 중 하나가 될 리 없다 걸 알지만,

그래도 멈출 수 없는 마음이라는 걸.

그러니,
나를 향한 너의 바람도 멈추지 않길.

'나는 갈 거야.'

쓸데 없는 기쁨이 되어도,
지금은 나는 너를,
너는 나를,
온전히 느끼는 것만으로 충분하다고.

Source: http://gall.dcinside.com/hebai/6136

Some answer that we got from ep 9. I can only figured out 3 since the sub is not out yet. 

1. The coordinates in in SoAh's map. So my guess is correct all along. It got transferred when Habaek 'crashed' on her.

2. Joo Dong is the guy from the ep 1. Now we know why he disappeared all this years. Funny that even god had memory loss..haha. Now, what is his r/ship with that little blind girl.

3. HY has nothing to do with JD's disappearance. He is basically a victim of circumstances. Can I hope that the drama be good and make him a good guy. Maybe Habaek will come into some sense and realised they are the one who is making him losing his control. 

What else?

Sorry to all of you - I´m a bit late - today I struggled with Family Buisness... What can I do...

I watch it RAW right now. All I can say until this Moment is I get angry with the so called Guardian Gods - they use the Child... and they really push Hoo Ye in a corner as I see it right now.

Still - need to watch until the end.. and than later with subs.

edit: Finished ! Now I really need subs!

Wow!! I am grinning like an idiot now, haha!! :D

I have seen the heated comments here and I can understand why everyone expect them to be making demi-god babies by now, because that kiss was HOT. :heart:  :heart:  :heart: embarrassed1-onion-head-emoticon.gif

That scene was full of longing and desire, it's such a perfect romantic setup, with him about to leave and then kissing under the moonlight... they coulnd't contain the feels anymore...ahhh, my heart was carried away. :wub:  I loved it even without subtitles, haha!! I hope the romance keeps going strong during next episode, I'm liking it so much. Btw, SSK and NJH are doing a great job, my heart is already aching for the SA-HB couple, and they haven't even started yet.

My Water God chingus..are we all still alive from that kiss?? :lol:

I just finished the episode but cannot put full detailed insight on it yet until later when I am home. However, I do realize that it is the Gods, particularly BR, that keeps provoking HY. He taunts him, mentioning the fact that he is a 'halfling'. Whenever the topic of his blood comes up, HY goes into a frenzy. MR and HB knows not to provoke him because he isn't doing anything harmful. But BR keeps dabbing him, pushing him to a corner. HY keeps mentioning that he has nothing and wants nothing to do with the Gods, but they keep provoking him. 

The God of Hunger knows HY from the times when he was in the cave, and we get a hint that SA's curse was a result of what HY did..1,200 years ago?? :blink: what in the world is going on? He also mentions that he was told to bring the mom but leave HY behind and yet HY was still casted out?? Now..we know JD is not HY's father. Because they met when he was casted out. And HY admitted that he is the one who made JD the way he is. This tells me that HY is indeed very strong. He even hinted to BR by saying "Will you Gods kill me? Can you guys do it as well as I can?" And he also mentioned that what he plans to do with the land will save them but destroy him :blink: now..i am wondering if HY is being manipulated by someone else..another diety. In the preview..it shows someone punching a bag and talking while HY looks like he is being punched the same way in the parking lot. So i am starting to believe there may be someone else manipulating HY from behind the scenes..using his vulnerability of being a 'halfling' to gain the advantage. Maybe there is someone who hates the Gods more than the Gods hating demigods. He said he was saved by someone 'kind'. Just how kind was this person then? And is it possible this 'kind' person is using HY?? 

Also..we get a hint from BY that Gods were being killed. And HY is the main suspect. But HY says he had nothing to do with it. Is this the betrayal that caused the curse? 

What do you guys think chingus?

@bebebisous33 Seems like our theory that JD is HY's father is wrong. But now..i have some new theories which I also mentioned above. I am also now starting to think..what if HY's dad is the King of the Sky?..or moreso, the High Priest? MR mentioned that the High Priest gives them questions because he wants to make sure he maintains his High Priest status. So if such is the case..it may be possible that he hid HY in that cave? At this point..I still think SA is human. Give me your thoughts too :D

So many questions again haha.

Shin Se Kyung Thanks Fans For Sending Thoughtful Birthday Gift To Set Of “Bride Of The Water God”

Shin Se Kyung recently celebrated her birthday on July 29, in the midst of filming tvN’s “Bride of the Water God.”

Not only did the staff prepare a surprise birthday cake for the actress, but her fans also sent a coffee truck as a gift. Shin Se Kyung thanked her fans through Instagram, and uploaded several photos of herself posing next to the truck.

The actress commented, “I was so surprised because it was such an unexpected present, and I was very happy on my birthday thanks to [my fans]. The staff and I were able to film in a great mood thanks to your support. I want to thank all my fans as well as everyone who celebrated my birthday with me on set.”

Watch “Bride of the Water God” at Rakuten Viki!

https://www.soompi.com/2017/07/31/shin-se-kyung-thanks-fans-sending-thoughtful-birthday-gift-set-bride-water-god/

HB mission nearly done but for one stone, and dealing with HY to get JD identity back.   He being the next Emperor-to-be,  staying on Earth with Soah permanently  means he is doing the Edward VIII route of abdicating his throne for love?    

If he must assume duties, SA will  have to go back and forth with him so  she sees him in godly robes, long blue hair, eye-linered glory :) ,   Because she is human, will this cause a ruckus in the god realm?  I don't think he will leave his bride  out of his sight to protect her, both in the realm and earth. 

In the manhwa, HB and SA go to earth for a while to escape politicking and such in the realm, but consistent with the drama, he does not have any power while in our world.  Can he handle that on a permanent basis on earth, for the duration of SA's life,  for love?  

19 hours ago, vangsweetie637 said:

Okay my Water God chingus! The bets are on, and remember Winner(s) takes all :wink: Loser(s) will have to shower the winners with love from HB :D

The Swollen Lips will happen on Monday. These are the bets: 

@kaoru11 @supergal99 @alekaonu @junejungki @moodypie @Visually-wandering @dramu51ch0c10ve @swagpuppysong @athena22

The Swollen Lips will happen on Tuesday. These are the bets:

@Delulu_jie2830 @vangsweetie637 @hazeljrr_c922 @bebebisous33 @kaoriharang

@kaoriharang:):wink:

Okay my Team Monday! I went and quote my original tally list. And I believe @ktcjdrama and @Kissy13 bet for Tuesday so they are also on the losing team :D and @Chellsee is also on the winning team :)

Remember, Winners takes all!! So my Team Tuesday, shower the winners with love from HB..at any angles :wink::tongue:

bride-of-the-water-god-habaek-drama-2017

Dang..I like anime HB too :tongue:

rr1.jpg

My Winners..come to me!! :D

habaek1-00212a.jpg

"Bride of the Water God 2017" Nam Joo-hyuk and Shin Se-kyung kiss in tears

photo873236.jpg

Nam Joo-hyuk and Sin Se-kyeong kissed in tears. Although Lim Ju-hwan tried to get her attention, she only had eyes for Nam Joo-hyuk.

On the latest episode of the tvN drama "Bride of the Water God 2017", Hoo Ye (Lim Ju-hwan) told Ha Baek (Nam Joo-hyuk) about his love and passion for So-ah (Sin Se-kyeong).

Hoo Ye was testing his half human and half god powers when Jaya (Bae Nuri) caught him. She said, "I saw you. You were doing something to that flower. I don't think that can be explained logically or scientifically. Then I realized, you're a pervert". She then asked, "Do you know how to do magic, too?"

Hoo Ye was relieved. He was about to use his powers with Jaya in his arms but he stopped himself. Resistance is what he learned in the human world.

Bi Ryeom (Gong Myung) was fixing Joo Dong's (Yang Dong-geun) memory and said, "You break and we fix; this is how we are different". He attacked Hoo Ye.

Then Hoo Ye found out that the doors to the gods' world was at the plot of land where the resort was going to be built. Bi Ryeom appeared just in time and swung his fist at Hoo Ye for overlooking their land when he was only half-god.

Hoo Ye didn't stay humiliated. He said to him, "The crucial difference between you and I; I'm going to try it. I will leave it up to your petty imaginations. One more thing, your friend that's "Broken", I did it. But what does it change that I've made a confession? What are you going to do to me? Can you do it better than me?"

Ha Baek appeared and told Hoo Ye that nothing was going to change even if he had the door to the gods' world but Hoo Ye said, "I don't care for that. What I want now is Yoon So-ah. You are the first thing I've wanted since I started living here". Ha Baek told him So-ah was a slave of the god and Hoo Ye said, "I don't care. This is the human world and this is my area. I don't have a care for the gods' world".

So-ah told Ha Baek that she cancelled the contract she had with Hoo Ye but he didn't believe it. So-ah told him the truth in tears and Ha Baek said, "I am going back, I have to go back" and kissed her.

http://www.hancinema.net/spoiler-bride-of-the-water-god-2017-nam-joo-hyuk-and-shin-se-kyung-kiss-in-tears-108403.html

2 hours ago, vangsweetie637 said:

My Water God chingus..are we all still alive from that kiss?? :lol:

i am half dead ... half melts... half blushing.. half happiness.. half tears... ottoke!!!!!

The preview Habaek mention that he wish he could stay with her in this world... OMG! sooo touching.... 

So 1200 years ago, Habaek really comes to the mortal world before .. and i am sure he fall in love with a mortal and something happen which cause him to forget it?

KYAAAAAAA

I'm glad I live alone so no one can judge me

SO it seems HY did do something to JD, but it's unclear as to what. JD's memory will be back soon (but then again the previews don't tell us what happens in the immediate next episode), and he'll reveal the truth.

HY tells HB that he has no interest in the gods' affairs nor their land, but only in Soah -- to Biryeom, he says something along the lines of meddling and destroying. Which is the truth?

Seems like the mystery with Soah's ancestor has to do with HY 1200 years ago. As Mura pointed out, Biryeom's spite towards HY is on a personal level. My theory is that Biryeom knew HY was the culprit, but didn't do anything and pulled Soah's ancestor into the mess, perhaps for HB's benefit. Biryeom kept this secret to himself, which would explain the scene in a previous preview where HB punches Biryeom saying "You knew this?!"

Nam Joo Hyuk's acting skill grew so much!! His angry eyes are a first in all of his dramas. And the kiss was so sweet and tender :bawling:

I haven't watched the latest episode yet, but I cannot resist the spoilers especially the kiss!! 

Honestly when I was watching just that scene my heart was fluttering and I was so giddy. Love the scene and how the kiss came to be, SA and HB expressions and even their clothes---that seem to compliment each other. 

Archived