[Drama 2017] Bride of the Water God, 하백의 신부

Chellsee

@maddymappo you are right. Both are the same girl. If so..this monk becomes a mystery now. Just who is this guy? Is he JD after all or SA's father :blink:

@kaoriharang JD is still a mystery for us. I still do think he is HY's dad but I am wondering if he disappear because he is afraid..or if he is hiding his identity. Aww yes i like your version more. HY is an empty shell. I feel so bad for him and sad for all he had to go through. Now we need next Monday. And i need the OTP moments too haha. 

@kaoriharang @ladylgraine

One reason to why I think HY may be stronger than HB is that even though water does put out fire, fire can also withstand water. If the fire is big enough, water can't destroy it fast enough. I also thought of lava. Even when it is under the water, it is still burning. But only under intense heat. So..if HY is fire..and he cannot control his emotions or let his suppression unleashed..i think he may overpower HB. However, the question of whether HB can defeat a demigod is still unanswered. Even the elder does not know if HB can defeat a demigod. Also..in some mythological stories..aside from the manhwa, demigods are quite dangerous. They have two types of blood mix inside them, giving them the power of a God, and at times even the life force of immortality, and then they have the advantage of feeling what a human does. In the case of HY, the elder say a demigod will bring destruction and their element is fire. So..does this mean he can kill HB? I have no idea. What I do know is that even the elder does not know if HB is stronger than a demigod..or not. Quite a parallel there i will say.

@moodypie oooo..very interesting point in fate. I didn't even catch that detail. What if his fate became twisted when he met SA? This can mean he may not become emperor if humans already forgot him. He will cease to exist if he is forgotten. 

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
46 minutes ago, maddymappo said:

But now it seems like when Soha has faith in him, he has power - when the fire flies appear, he told her to look in her heart.

If Ho Ye is a bad half God, HB need his power to fight him. Then again, I dont want HY to be a bad person or half God or whatever. When he told his childhood story to So Ah, I feel sympathy for him. It wasnt his fault but his father made him that way. acck!!! I am so in dilemma

22 minutes ago, vangsweetie637 said:

@moodypie oooo..very interesting point in fate. I didn't even catch that detail. What if his fate became twisted when he met SA? This can mean he may not become emperor if humans already forgot him. He will cease to exist if he is forgotten. 

I really hope not..I like to think he;s a king who has power. I am still hoping he can change the rules in the REalm of God. Right now they see half human half god as monster. I hope SA can change his perception on this. (OK i confess, I kind of like his Godly make up with eye liner and his long hair when he was in the water kingdom ** :wub::wub:)

However, I do understand why they said a semi /demi god is dangerous. They could be evil or good..no one knows. When a human has super power, it spells disaster. I guess this is how they see it.

Maybe they should create another Realm for half human half god. And they should have their own rules. Just like there are rules like a God should not kill a human in the human world. 

Another scene that keeps me wondering...if he becomes the king, he could possibly change some things. :wink: 

Spoiler

DX4MpcU.pngTysJS7Y.png

@moodypie hahaha welcome to the eyeliner, long hair club of HB :tongue::lol: i too like seeing him in his water god outfit. Imagine SA when she sees it haha!

Even though that detail is interesting, I don't think HB will cease to exist. Why? Because SA will still believe in him and about him :wub:

The real question is..according to the elder, demigods are fire and they bring destruction. But can a demigod destroy the future King? And is he stronger than HB? The elder does not even know himself. 

Demigods are strong. But the elder is right. They have a choice to be good or bad. It is because they are also human. And humans have the options to choose their paths. Being a God has too many rules and rituals which is why HB would want to take it out. I also believe..that as long as SA believes in HB..wholeheartedly..he will become stronger than HY :wink: and..maybe there will be no need for another realm. Demigods can finally coexist with the Gods.

7 hours ago, vangsweetie637 said:

:blink: I hope this posts because my phone so slow.

I am writing this as I listen to Glass Bridge. This song is filled with so many emotions that I love it a lot.

@bebebisous33

I do have the same theory as you. First, I feel strongly that HY’s father is indeed JD. I don’t think it would be any other God. Since HY bears the mark, it can mean that he is indeed a descendant of the Earth Kingdom. And I realized that HY is not too shocked when HB discovers the mark. HB rips his shirt to reveal the mark, and HY didn’t have much of a shock reaction. More so, HY was resisting HB from trying to see the mark. This meant clearly that HY knows of the mark, even though he does deny he has no idea who JD is. This denial can come from not wanting to admit who his father is especially with the kind of memories he has of him.  We were told HY’s childhood story. And from that, we easily see how much of an outcast he became due to the Gods and his own father. He was locked away for so long, and had to eat leaves to survive. Then, one day, he was casted out to the human realm, and he mentioned the unfamiliarity of the air and atmosphere. To me, HY is not a bad guy. He is a victim of his parents’ mistakes. He is paying their price. And that is a very painful burden to carry. It is no wonder that he is trying so hard to be human, to have his ‘human’ blood overpower his ‘monster’ blood instead. But with the presence of the Gods, he is on alert and does not know what will happen. He suddenly feels like a ‘monster’ again. I really like the idea of your theory: JD wants to redeem himself hence came to the human world to watch his son like how it should have been. And, I agree. Both HY and SA have father abandonment issues. Both think the worse of their fathers (but we can’t blame them because it is clear that their fathers left a bad impression on them first). I, however, do not think JD is possibly SA’s father. First, if JD is her father, this means that SA’s real father is either dead or no longer a part of her life, and her mother lied to her all this time. And, if JD is really her father, that will also make SA a demigod. I, do, however think that SA’s father is involved with the Gods somehow. If we can safely say that while HY was being raised as a human, SA was going through the issues with her dad, it will mean both were facing their own dilemmas at the same time, different places. In episode 1, her mother tells her to think of her dad as ‘someone who abandoned you.’ I cannot help but think her dad was someone tied to the Gods, perhaps JD himself. But I don’t think JD is her father. It is told that her dad likes to take in orphans and others in, more than the times he spent with his own daughter. I am leaning toward the theory that there is a guilt trip somewhere within him, and he cannot face his daughter head on. It can also be that her father is the descendant of the God’s servant curse, and set out to see if there is a way to end it. But, here is the thing though: the God declared that the spouse will bear only one child, and then die. In this episode, we see that SA’s mother died of liver cancer due to excessive drinking. I had the impression that the spouse will die after childbirth. This can mean that the mother who died is not her real mom, but a stepmom. But her dad will be the real one.  So maybe, her dad can never face his own daughter after having to watch his wife die. And only when he has found a way to end the curse, will he be able to face his daughter. Of course, this comes with abandonment. He will never be able to tell his daughter the truth about Gods and a curse, so he would rather leave her behind. Same with HY. He has never seen his mother, and had been verbally and physically damaged by his father, only to be cast out and left behind. I see both SA and HY as lonely souls, who are paying for their parents’ mistakes. Hence, I don’t see HY as a bad or evil guy, but as someone who is trying to live normally, despite knowing he will never be able to get rid of his ‘monster’ blood. You also mention that perhaps JD committed suicide and gave the stone to HY. I don’t think he committed suicide. I do think all this time, JD may be watching HY from afar, not showing his true self, and hiding from the Gods. If anything, he can be in disguise as well. I also don’t think he is counting on HB being able to accept HY even if HB did fall in love with a human. I think JD is relying more on seeing if HY will be able to accept himself. When he casted HY out to the human world, it was the beginning of a road to possible self acceptance. And now that the Gods are around him too, will he be able to embrace his God blood? For some reason, I feel that both fathers of SA and HY are trying to toughen them up, in order to face the troubles ahead. I don’t agree with their approaches but surely, SA and HY cannot truly see the real intentions of their actions. But i don't blame them either. Both were scarred pretty badly.

After giving some thought, I have changed my mind. I think, JD is still living but in a different form: the secretary. When we heard that a god could have a child in a human form, it means that the god can change his appearance, hence HY's father could have decided to stay by HY's side disguised. The secretary has always heard HY talking about humans as if he wouldn't belong to this species. However the secretary never got upset and shocked. We see him protecting HY and giving him advice how to behave, hence he is behaving like a father. 

The reason why I am suspecting that SA's father could be a god is because of the story that a love between a human and a god can not last forever (the human dies), whereas the god keeps living. Moreover the god has to live under a human form in order to have children so that a demi-god is created. Then we hear that BR is the one who caused the curse and punishment to that servant family. So we have two stories where the gods from the sky kingdom created a scandal.

So my theory is that

1- HB fell in love with Nak-Bin, a female woman

2- The king from the Sky realm gave her the fruit from the special tree that gives immortality but this caused NB to die. I don't think that the king had some bad intention but it failed. Maybe it had been predicted that Ha baek would fall in love with a human.

3- Let us imagine that BR is asked by his king to create a new scandal involving a human family because if the king became involved again, then he could get punished and banished. So that human family, victim of BR's trick, became a servant of the gods. Remember that the curse stipulates the descendant from that family will fall in love with someone but her love won't last long as the spouse is condemned to die early. I had written before that the curse could be only destroyed, if a god fell in love with a descendant, since a god is immortal. So Ha Baek has to fall in love with So Ah. The problem is that here again, our OTP is facing the same dilemna: she is a mortal and he is an immortal. I can't forget Ha baek's words:

Don't fall for me because there is no cure!!! 

So what if there is a cure? In order to make it possible, So Ah has to be a demi-god as well, since a demi-god is also immortal. However, they start living like humans, since they are born like humans. As conclusion: my new theory is that the King from the Sky Realm could be her father.

Since he knew that Ha Baek would come in contact with that servant, when his journey begins, the king needed to wait for the right time. If So Ah is a demi-god, this would help a lot:

- Ha Baek comes to understand humans better because So Ah was raised among humans but he also perceives demi-gods in a better light, the moment Ha Baek realises So Ah's true identity. To me, Ha Baek doesn't view Hoo Ye in a positive light right now, just like he did at the beginning with the humans. 

Now, the only objection to this theory is: how come that Ha Baek didn't recognise So Ah's true nature because he is supposed to recognise a demi-god so easily? Well, the thing is that Hoo Ye knows that his father is a god and he knows about his true identity. But for So Ah, it is different. She was raised among humans and she is unaware of her true nature. Hence her powers are well hidden.

Adopting orphans was his way to make sure that So Ah wouldn't be alone, since she is different from the other kids. Besides, there was this curse: she would be the only child. 

So what do wou think?

@dramu51ch0c10ve @athena22 @nonski @Visually-wandering @evie7 @ktcjdrama @USAFarmgirl @Chellsee @RobinM @swagpuppysong @Mau_Cherry @moodypie @triplem

1 hour ago, moodypie said:

I was back reading 3 pages and found interesting analysis from @bebebisous33  @maddymappo @vangsweetie637

I asked the same question as the blind girl and HB. "Why did they leave the God stones in the human world?"

The priest said to HB that he should go to human world and find out himself. There in the human world, he has no power, but has the power to protect/save SA each time when she's in danger. It's interesting how both our OTP are connected through fate and trust. and how both of them are now intertwine with HY/CEO. 

If only we know what happened on that ill fated night, when both MR and BY was fighting, and while JD went to search for the stone. If only HB finds JD soon, my head wont be spinning this much. 

@Mau_Cherry I would love to read your analysis too. I know your mind can go crazy with fantasies like this. hehe. Please tell me why did HB and NSR went bouncing like comet to get to earth when there's the gate of god for them to get to earth from realm of God? 

Hi Chingu! Yeah - you know my mind. Hmm.. My Guess was that it is a test for him - if he would have taken the Door he might be just the God as he was before. But there must be a reason the Stones are on the Earth. So my first guess was every God who needs to find the Stones need to loose his Power first. Maybe he can only get it back when when find out what is really importend for him - like that it can be linked to the one Person he will love. As for me - I don´t know anything about the Manwha - so I can´t tell it is a Story about recarnation... or what else. I just enjoy the Drama for itself.

When the High Prist can watch Ha Baek on Earth and it was not something he expected to happen - that Ha Baek loose his Power - I believe they would be somehow nervous about it too. As A god he needs to learn about Mankind - before he felt almighty about them. Like he did not even know why he have to protect them. So my Guess was - it was part of the test that he loose his Power. Somehow he entert the World like a Human Baby - naked and unaware. Was it Part of the Test that he landet on the wrong spot? he did not come to Earth as a Protector God - and why good it be a Test he must do to become the real God King if it would be just very easy - go to the Earth - ask for the Stones - get them - i will be King. There must be a challenge behind it.

Is it possible that JB is HY dad's and HY has locked him up with his powers to make him suffer like he suffered as a child? Which would explain why he has that marking of the Earth God. Has this been brought up or discussed? I have so many pages to back read. :lol:

3 hours ago, swagpuppysong said:

@Visually-wandering - Love your post there unni! I guess that explains those tears from So Ah and her pained expression, telling Ha-baek that he's a bad god for messing with her heart but having to leave anyway.. *sobs

Maybe we should have Ha-baek watch 'W' and give him an idea on a number 4 kind of story. Lol.

Also, is it just me? coz I really find Bi Ryeom's smile disarming. Kinda similar with Lee Jong Suk's :D

That's an excellent idea! Option number 4th. I hope HaBaek will watch that episode:D

About BR aka GongMyung, been noticed him since Dandara (Entertainment). Another cute face with fine abs -_-.

Spoiler

he's actually in a group with Lee TaeHwan (the one who played as KangChul assistance in 5urprise boyband. But never see him perform tho. 

53 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

So what if there is a cure? In order to make it possible, So Ah has to be a demi-god as well, since a demi-god is also immortal. However, they start living like humans, since they are born like humans. As conclusion: my new theory is that the King from the Sky Realm could be her father.

Since he knew that Ha Baek would come in contact with that servant, when his journey begins, the king needed to wait for the right time. If So Ah is a demi-god, this would help a lot:

Reading this gave "eureka" moment. Now, that's explained why SoAh survived after jumped down from the bridge into a freezing water. Because she's immortal too —is she's a demi-god. And explained why in the later time she'll jumped again in a peaceful self. She might be dead as a human but half of her is a god, rite? 

Lol... Don't mind me. Sometime I'm wondering too much.

31 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

After giving some thought, I have changed my mind. I think, JD is still living but in a different form: the secretary. 

Whoah! This is one refreshing thought chingu ya! Considering that there's no direct interaction between Secretary Min and Ha-baek yet (not that I can remember of anyway). :D We'll see soon!

23 minutes ago, Mau_Cherry said:

There must be a challenge behind it.

Totally agree with you on this one too @Mau_Cherry :wink: I remember the high priest implying a deeper meaning on the godstones being in the human world to Ha-baek when the 1st red water came. It's an open-ended mystery thrown even at the beginning of the show. And I'm guessing it involves the "makings of a great King"..or anywhere along those lines. *wink!

Can't wait to have Ha-baek's full powers unleashed though!!! :rolleyes: *squeals

- The water dragon anchored me to the show

- The water bubble caught me offguard 

- And now the water fireflies had me swooning over Ha-baek (Can anyone get me a boyfriend who flickers fireflies to cheer me up?!? Lol)

..holding my breath for what more our water god is capable of. :blink:

Hello everyone! It is the first time when i write something on this forum and i have to say i love how many of you guys share your opinions, speculations and it is incredible how you guess some many things that happened in this drama. I love the actors, the story and i love the connections between So Ah and Habaek. Now i have a question and i hope you can help me: in episode 7 when Habaek saw So Ah and Hooye he had tears in his eyes.. why is that ? he seems so hurt and sad but why? is it because of the land or because he is jealous? please help me:) 

WOW so many pages since i last posted, so much to read which i cant so im sending you all virtual LIKES!

first i need to get something off my chest. 

HB stating that he cant be considered a good king since he cant even protect a piece of land. which according to everyone the ownership itself isnt important except as affirmation to his kingness, really upset me. i know that SK and NK are still officially at war and there is also some issue with Japan over land. but in today where there is SO MUCH dispute over lands that even cause war and some are in the name of God. i was really shocked that the writer took it to that conflict. i actually bc of SA explanation to her assistant that he is blindly devoted t a country that hates him, i thought that the writer is against excessive and blind nationalism. but i think she is actually the opposite, and condemns SA  for her wish to leave SK.  i just had to say it, since i really think it is wrong. 

anyway about the drama, i wonder why HY didnt want HB & MR to meet the little girl, which we saw at the beginning of the show,  well and healthy . and i think that HY is actually the victim here. he was the one who was abandoned and left to defend for himself. and he chose to be human and not monster.

also he was the one who said he didnt want to fight HB, i dont know what happened with JD, but whatever he did i think he deserved it, HY is the victim of powerful gods abusing their power, even with BR MR this seems the case. and unlike humans who collect evidence but also take into consideration personal reasons. BR took from humans only what he chose to.

27 minutes ago, lovesea said:

Hello everyone! It is the first time when i write something on this forum and i have to say i love how many of you guys share your opinions, speculations and it is incredible how you guess some many things that happened in this drama. I love the actors, the story and i love the connections between So Ah and Habaek. Now i have a question and i hope you can help me: in episode 7 when Habaek saw So Ah and Hooye he had tears in his eyes.. why is that ? he seems so hurt and sad but why? is it because of the land or because he is jealous? please help me:) 

@lovesea cute-rabbit-emoticon-21.gif?1301940532Welcome to this forum and this forum!!! smileysThe more we are, the better it is!cheerleader pink mouse

Ha Baek is hurt because he already loves So Ah, but he sees her with someone else and she is smiling. However, he knows that he is a god and she is a  human (or he believes that she is a human but in reality, she is a demi-god: my theory) therefore his love for her is impossible. Ha Baek has no idea that Hoo Ye is the purchaser of the land. Later, HB showed his jealousy, when he wanted to take his bath. You could clearly see that he was upset. Just before, he had visited her and asked her if her happiness was connected to a man. Her blushing made him realise that So Ah had developped feelings for a man. He misunderstood her blushing, she was thinking about him, while he was thinking that the man was Hoo Ye. Hence he became jealous because he loves her.   

1 hour ago, bebebisous33 said:

After giving some thought, I have changed my mind. I think, JD is still living but in a different form: the secretary. When we heard that a god could have a child in a human form, it means that the god can change his appearance, hence HY's father could have decided to stay by HY's side disguised. The secretary has always heard HY talking about humans as if he wouldn't belong to this species. However the secretary never got upset and shocked. We see him protecting HY and giving him advice how to behave, hence he is behaving like a father. 

The reason why I am suspecting that SA's father could be a god is because of the story that a love between a human and a god can not last forever (the human dies), whereas the god keeps living. Moreover the god has to live under a human form in order to have children so that a demi-god is created. Then we hear that BR is the one who caused the curse and punishment to that servant family. So we have two stories where the gods from the sky kingdom created a scandal.

So my theory is that

1- HB fell in love with Nak-Bin, a female woman

2- The king from the Sky realm gave her the fruit from the special tree that gives immortality but this caused NB to die. I don't think that the king had some bad intention but it failed. Maybe it had been predicted that Ha baek would fall in love with a human.

3- Let us imagine that BR is asked by his king to create a new scandal involving a human family because if the king became involved again, then he could get punished and banished. So that human family, victim of BR's trick, became a servant of the gods. Remember that the curse stipulates the descendant from that family will fall in love with someone but her love won't last long as the spouse is condemned to die early. I had written before that the curse could be only destroyed, if a god fell in love with a descendant, since a god is immortal. So Ha Baek has to fall in love with So Ah. The problem is that here again, our OTP is facing the same dilemna: she is a mortal and he is an immortal. I can't forget Ha baek's words:

Don't fall for me because there is no cure!!! 

Woah...your analysis is great but my head is spinning right now:blink:

I would like ask something though.What is the 'illness' that cannot be cured referring to?So Ah falling in love?Because if it is,then wouldn't that be a problem?

If there is a cure:

Advantages- May stop situations from becoming more complicated by stopping So Ah from falling in love with Habaek.

Disadvantages- It may be another tragic love story where So Ah will live her normal human life as Habaek suffers pining and being broken hearted for eternity.

Because,correct me if I'm wrong,it's not mentioned that there is a cure if Habaek falls in love. And maybe he said "Don't fall for me because there is no cure" because of his experience with Nak-Bin? For those who read the manga,did Nak-Bin fall in love with Habaek too?Because if she did then that's why Habaek warned So Ah not to fall in love with him.

Archived