[Drama 2016] Romantic Doctor, Teacher Kim 낭만닥터 김사부 Baeksang Best Director

pandalover1

10 hours ago, angel2013 said:

PTSD is post-traumatic stress disorder, someone told me :sweatingbullets:

Thanks @angel2013 for the explaining the abbreviation of PTSD. She def have symptoms of that disorder and looks like it's getting worse as now she's hallucinating images and voices to a point that she cant seem to control it. Poor SJ 

SBS catch posted the  making vid of ep 1 that @pandalover1 posted earlier. But this is a lil shorter than the one in Naver

@Ahpheng Your here too? YAY! looking forward in seeing your c-strips. :D

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another amazing episode tonight.  I already like the new hospital staff I'm getting the Dr House vibes from Teacher Kim but, I didn't expect that SJ would be the one popping pills. I was not expecting her to turn in to Doctor Interrupted.

NJIILyV.png?1 

Seo Hyun Jin was outstanding tonight. I didn't realize that this is the same writer that wrote Bread, Love and Dreams until I read one of those articles that @andy78 posted.  No wonder this story just has me at the edge of my seat. There was so much going on in this episode I don't where to start but @zagigirl I agree that DJ being there will help SJ heal.

Thanks to all of the recaps/screencaps and IGcaps:heart:

Poor seo hyun jin. Why did she cut her wrist like tht. I thnk she wll not able to do the surgery forever. But i thnj dr kim cn fix it right? T.T 

She is talented dr but end up like ths. Im started blaming dr dj after all ths thng hppn. If he not kissed her and she wld not felt so guilty for her late boyfriend. Huk... (but well if his chrcter too good then ths drama wld be plain doesnt hv any conflict Y Y)

I hope hero is dr kim. But seriously im totally cringy whenwver he is in the screen. The music totally ridiculous even whn he is doing his surgery. Tfutfutfuuuutfutfu...

LoL. 

I actually watched Ep2 thrice, raw and subs twice all within 24 hours :sweatingbullets: so please bear with me as I get lengthy with my after drama impressions;-

Ep 1 was just the prologue, the real stage starts on Ep2 in Doldam hospital.

Unfairness. Inequality. Has always been there and will always be. I sympathise with DJ even though it was foolish of him to succumb to the director's provocations. Because I understand his desire to want to prove himself, to succeed and his desperation to make good without the seemingly right connections. The director threw a bait, he bite it knowing the risk. I do wonder though if he knew the success rate was only 5% instead of the 30% that the director lied to him, will he still take the bite? After the failure he was just thrown to a hospital in the middle of nowhere. If I were DJ I will definitely creeped out and run away like him, as he escapes and drowns himself in sorrow. Maybe the drink did marred his judgment on the case of the fat man? I don't know but then comes Kim Sa bu to the rescue, I know its all for dramatic effects but I simply love his cool entrance and how again he tackle DJ to the ground(cue first ep when he tackles young DJ).

The scene in the kitchen was surely just for laugh but it was really funny to see panicky DJ scrambled for his life and ended back in Doldam hospital. The chief administrator of the hospital is funny too(while looking serious), what? proceed to counter 2 which is just next to him :lol: DJ's weird dream is for fan service and laughs certainly. I like how chief admin explain how wonderful the hospital is while the scenes pans around and show us the real truth of its state. :P Head nurse is pleased though a handsome young man came.

Then we have that fateful reunion between DJ and SJ, cue slow motion, eye contact, surprise and shock. DJ certainly shows that he did not say the words "I like you" spuriously when he confessed that he has been sending text and voicemails for a month to SJ when she disappeared(awwww...) SJ is totally flustered at seeing DJ for reasons we know later because of the guilt that has trapped her in for the last 5 years.

I must say SJ's condition did came as a surprise to me, firstly because of its severity and secondly the depth of it. The guilt towards her fiance( who she doesn't know was cheating on her :crazy:) plus the trauma from seeing her mother's(presumably) suicide plunge her into a dark hole which she seemingly can't escape from and has been torturing her ever since. I cringe and was in a state of panic just like the hospital staff when I see her holding the scalpel in her hand and her unstable state of mind. DJ probably didn't realise he is one of the reason why she is like that and hence when DJ approached her, *slit* and she is down. I am however mystified at how Teacher Kim appeared out of nowhere just in time to catch the falling SJ because the only door seems to be behind DJ and the rest of the staff? Nevertheless, bravo for catching our SJ just in time.

Compared to the first episode, which has its serious moments but in a lighter tone, Ep2 was heavier on the emotions even with its funny moments. Like everyone said, the facade of Doldam hospital itself gives you the creeps like its come out of some horror movie but that's the drama effect to show that it is truly a hospital in the middle of nowhere. The background music certainly played to add on to this effect. No major surgeries in this episode but I am fine with it. I have to applaud YYS for his great emotional acting especially towards SJ, you can see that he always has a soft spot for her, in front of others, he may be all haughty and cold but towards her, he shows himself truly. I don't know how he can help SJ overcome her illness when his appearance itself is a triggering factor for her PTSD but in dramaland, love conquers all isn't it? I see Teacher Kim's funny and serious side in this episode and I can't wait to see more or learn more about him, he is genuinely concerned for SJ as can be seen through his eyes and i simply love his mellow voice. SHJ, what can I say? that gripping moment when her PTSD manifested, stirs in me so much emotion I can hardly explain, her acting here is impeccable, astounding many people, me included. I know she was good already but this, I'm left speechless. The side characters are by no means an integral part of the drama too, the cool head nurse, the nonchalant director, the stick-to-the rule chief admin all adds colour to the story.,

I can't wait till the next episode to know what other stories they are going to show, i'm looking forward to Monday and Tuesdays again.

global fans comments about the drama in Dramafever 

intense! will be waiting for next episode.

loved first episode, fingers crossed for 15 more

The First time in 21 years that Han Suk-Kyu is in a drama that is not sageuk? count me in. Love also Seo Hyun-Jin.

need moreee!!

hooked

so much happened in just one episode! I am liking it so far, seems like its gonna be one hell of a drama!

I have no words from watching the first episode. So much happened and it just left me in awe. This might become one of my favorite drama's

Not sure why I wasn't expecting much from this drama, but it really was a surprising first episode! If they can keep up this pace, it will be so much fun to watch to the end!

Well, I mentioned in my previous post that I wasn't going to follow this show, but I decided to watch episode 2 since we hadn't been introduced to Teacher Kim yet and he's our main character. And guess what - I actually enjoyed episode 2 a lot more! 

I find Teacher Kim very fascinating and intriguing and am glad that he brings some "heart" to the profession, which is in stark contrast to what we observe in the big hospital. While I did not like the successive set of melodramatic incidents in ep 1, I appreciated how the show explores it ramifications through Seo-Jung's tormented and almost suicidal state. It was powerful and moving. Looks like I'll be watching this show a while longer to see things develop! More of my thoughts on my blog: https://kdramaanalysis.wordpress.com/2016/11/09/romantic-teacher-doctor-kim-episode-2/

On 10/5/2016 at 6:38 PM, jongski said:

OMG. AS OMG! PLEASE COUNT ME IN FOR THIS DRAMA! I'LL BE FOLLOWING THIS. 

TWO OF MY FAVORITE TALENTED YOUNG ACTORS. KIM MIN JAE (BITFT) and YOON CHAN YOUNG (Blow Breeze.. the young SJH) part of this drama.

Ikr. I got excited. Ha ha.  Yoon Chan Young will only appear as the young Kang  Dong Joo... I hope it will be more than 4 episode. Ha ha please PD nim! this  endearing talented young actor.

And Kim Min Jae.. he was in  Persevere Gu Hae Ra and  Because It's the First Time ( w/ Park So Dam, under the radar drama but one of the best in 2015). he's  got acting skills!

So yea....jongski fan girling for impressive young actors!  lol :D

So yeah.. quoting myself back  form my old post last Oct 5.

I honestly don't know anything about the leads. As you can see I'm more familiar with the younger cast :D

I'm about to start watching first two episodes subbed. Hope it's good. I'm excited to watch and share my thoughts.  Wait for 'em.

hi all! this drama is on my list cos of YYS and like medical dramas.

anyway, love the intense pacing of ep1 and 2. yes let's hit the ground running! like the nice mix of mystery, romance and hunger (for power, learning and recognition).

ep1: the typical start of hunger, the low and powerless being ignored and suffered in the place of the rich, powerful and connected. it molded DJ to be a fair dr, unfortunately stepping on many toes leading to his punishment. his hair style not working for me here.

the typical boy meet girl and falls in love (perhaps bit 1 sided), confessed and get rejected. okay didn't see/expect the kiss and the "i wan sleep with you". nice one! the kiss was intense and HOT. that is one scene that will be replayed!

someone comes inbetween and bam love is lost. separation and time jump and we get a polished DJ. our SJ gets hurt and a bad prognosis and disappeared.

ep2: power play and scapegoat time! director do knew all the right buttons to push. DJ also at fault for being to hasty to gain some recognition. get packed and shipped off to the unknown.

the hotel bar scene was predictable, one stuffing his face is just the recipe for disaster. DJ made wrong judgement in Teacher Kim backyard and was schooled and traumatized. like the kitchen scene when all the chefs played along.

back at hospital, DJ being pulled down from his high horse and witnessed the working of real medical professionals. he is in awe but not humbled enough to recognise the lessons here. this just goes to show in whichever professions, it is not the equipment/setup that counts but the human and training that will eventually shine!

SJ has mental trauma from the accident. DJ need to tell her that moon was 2 timing her! DJ appearance is like the tipping point for her.

for me: will it be too much to hope or assume that Teacher Kim has been (perhaps) keeping tabs on DJ since they 1st met? or perhaps Teacher Kim found out the reason for DJ anger then and recognised him at the bar (DJ appointment letter)? either way Teacher Kim appearing at the crucial timings for both DJ and SJ, and director yeo's push for DJ to learn from Teacher Kim, will be the foundation of some explosive moments between DJ and Kim. DJ will be thoroughly schooled and brought back to earth by Kim.

DJ will be the key to heal SJ, he will first have to break down her walls and tell her the truth and also learn the truth behind all of SJ self blame. looking forward to their chemistry and how their story will play out.   

Was so busy the last 2 days ㅠㅠ but I've caught up!  

The 1st episode might be too fast and filed with so many happenings all rolled into one episode, but it didn't feel dry nor boring and managed to make me focused until the end. But some negative points to Dong Joo's kiss and confession. Okay Seo Jeong responded to his kiss, but still.. and ugh ugh ugh at his confession. Those scenes was so beautifully shot, but the setting for them is so problematic. Dong Joo... >:( 

Other than that, I really like that the 3 main characters are so fascinating to watch and made us curious about them. I was squealing when Teacher Kim appeared in a fantasy character kind of manner coming to the 2 characters' rescue when they were at their lowest. Seo Jeong being the big hearted sunbae became so easily rootable (seriously, SHJ acting is so good) and I was fascinated to see how peculiar, low emotional intelligence and socially inept Dong Joo was and looking forward to his changes in the future. 

Point is, other than DJ's kiss and confession, I like the first episode! *___*

i wonder what happen in 5 years,seems like seo jung so touched by dong joo confessions and makes her reject that doctor,also what relationship between the doctor and nurse ?,are seo jung keep reading email that dong joo sent for 5 years ?.

also seems for very first time dong joo knows that seo jung have hysteric disorder.maybe he will cure that sickness of soo jung,she became very ill person now,poor her

FIRST IMPRESSIONS

COUCH+KIMCHI: ROMANTIC DOCTOR TEACHER KIM FIRST IMPRESSIONtumblr_ogenz3D7dd1sz568uo1_1280.png

read full: http://couch-kimchi.com/2016/11/09/romantic-doctor-teacher-kim-first-impressions/

BREATHLESS SURVIVAL: MEDICAL SUCCESS

tumblr_ogenz3D7dd1sz568uo2_r1_1280.png

read full: https://breathlesssurvival.wordpress.com/2016/11/08/medical-success/

OFFICIALLY KMUSIC: DOCTOR ROMANTIC FIRST IMPRESSION

tumblr_ogenz3D7dd1sz568uo3_r1_1280.png

read ful:http://officiallykmusic.com/drama-review-corner-first-impressions-doctor-romantic/

Archived