[Drama 2016] Romantic Doctor, Teacher Kim 낭만닥터 김사부 Baeksang Best Director

pandalover1

@Kasmic it will air at 1:15 KST. :huh:really SBS does that all the time? this shows I'ven't been watching SBS for some time :sweatingbullets: but at least they are good at giving us lots of bts photos. The notes, this shows us how serious they are about getting those medical terms right, even if they may seem to fall short in many ways but for a non-medical person to handle all those its not easy so I think we should give all the actors credit for trying their best.

@pandalover1 YYS agency is so hardworking and good, I wish SHJ agency is also so diligent in giving us more info.

Anyone who can watch the edited re-run do fill us with what is actually in the extra 3 mins lol

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, angel2013 said:

@Kasmic it will air at 1:15 KST. :huh:really SBS does that all the time? this shows I'ven't been watching SBS for some time :sweatingbullets: but at least they are good at giving us lots of bts photos. The notes, this shows us how serious they are about getting those medical terms right, even if they may seem to fall short in many ways but for a non-medical person to handle all those its not easy so I think we should give all the actors credit for trying their best.

Thanks @angel2013 for the headsup... I see if I can make it. I need to be Superwoman and through my errands quickly to catch the eps :joy:

@evie7 @andy78 @USAFarmgirl Oh we are so onto something about this exboyfriend of hers. He did appear to be always trying to climb up the socio-ladder with all the sucking up dinners. Let's hope this nurse or DJ will reveal their secret relationship to SJ to help her heal from the guilt of causing his death. Dr Do (whom Im sure by now seems to be the Chairman of that horrid Geosan hospital) is a VERY smart and cunning man, I was so surprised that he knew who DJ was (the young DJ causing havoc in the hospital) and he used that to his advantage in getting DJ to take fall for the politician whom had a so called "30%" rate of survival. I guess no DJ would never suspect that he- Dr Do would lie about the success rate because afterall he is a Doctor and one whom is meant to save lives. What a win-win for Dr Do as now that DJ is demoted he can easily promote his son more... *sigh*

Looking at the preview Im eager to know why Dr Do hates Dr Kim so much to a point of saying he will not allow him to practice as a doctor anymore.  Dr Teacher Kim mustve changed his name to Kim Sau Bu as thats the only way around for him to secretly continue his work. Dr Do knows him by Bu Yong Joo

f10f73c175e7bc6cb54667050c9c3f77.png

and his going to use DJ to get back at Dr Kim. Bring on the the showdown between Dr Do and Dr Teacher Kim - I cant wait for that scene...kekeke! 

1db0c05ede808a75ce83e86d60b881ce.png

b7ab5e5c40d6836306629472991f5ec4.png

Annyeong chingu deul :)

Just finished Ep2 and I have to say I like this drama. I like both Yoo Yeon Seok and Seo Hyun Jin from Reply 1994 and Oh Hae Young Again. Never seen Han Seok Kyu before but from ep1 and 2, he's a charismatic actor and I like that :). I might become a fan of his by the end of this drama. Now waiting for Ep3 next Monday.

3 hours ago, Kasmic said:

Thanks @angel2013 for the headsup... I see if I can make it. I need to be Superwoman and through my errands quickly to catch the eps :joy:

@evie7 @andy78 @USAFarmgirl Oh we are so onto something about this exboyfriend of hers. He did appear to be always trying to climb up the socio-ladder with all the sucking up dinners. Let's hope this nurse or DJ will reveal their secret relationship to SJ to help her heal from the guilt of causing his death. Dr Do (whom Im sure by now seems to be the Chairman of that horrid Geosan hospital) is a VERY smart and cunning man, I was so surprised that he knew who DJ was (the young DJ causing havoc in the hospital) and he used that to his advantage in getting DJ to take fall for the politician whom had a so called "30%" rate of survival. I guess no DJ would never suspect that he- Dr Do would lie about the success rate because afterall he is a Doctor and one whom is meant to save lives. What a win-win for Dr Do as now that DJ is demoted he can easily promote his son more... *sigh*

Looking at the preview Im eager to know why Dr Do hates Dr Kim so much to a point of saying he will not allow him to practice as a doctor anymore.  Dr Teacher Kim mustve changed his name to Kim Sau Bu as thats the only way around for him to secretly continue his work. Dr Do knows him by Bu Yong Joo

and his going to use DJ to get back at Dr Kim. Bring on the the showdown between Dr Do and Dr Teacher Kim - I cant wait for that scene...kekeke! 

@Kasmic you're welcome, I hope you get to catch it using your superwoman skill to complete your errands :w00t:

Dr Kim must be quite the formidable character for the Director to be so wary of him and wanting at no cost to get 'rid' of him. I have not doubts bec I have seen his swift deft skills already. ;) Will be interesting to know the background between these two. i also want to know what is the relationship of TK with the cooks/chefs in the kitchen in Ep2? They seem close and they take his orders :sweatingbullets: no wonder DJ asks are you a gangster? haha

I hope DJ's presence won't increase the episodes that SJ will be having otherwise it will become quite boring if they keep repeating it right? Because they have set the standards and expectations high in the first 2 episodes, the writer and PD have to work harder to make sure the story moves and keep the momentum going. I certainly have faith in the actors after seeing them in first 2 episodes, hope the script writing and production doesn't disappoint too(since I am not really familiar with the writer and director)

Happy weekend everyone!

I think I know why SBS made their shows have the 'directors cut' version now. It is to encourage people to watch the re-run and increase the re-runs ratings? haha. but i won't be able to watch it as well tho. hopefully some kind souls will share the extra scenes. 

From the bts video shared by KKent (believe me @angel2013 KKEnt just become ~generous only starting the last 3 days or so, when before this they hardly update anything YYS, ugh),

I think the notepad that YYS showed was from 2008, the notes he took when acting as a supporting character (or more like an extra, lol) in General Hospital 2. Because I saw his kfans talking about it on instagram and YYS DC. 

Preview for Ep3.

@day_dreamer thanks for clarifying about the notebook, wow amazing that he would keep it until now. Well at least its a good start for KKent, now if Jump would also do the same, then we would get lots of bts for RDTK! :lol:.

Anyone caught the extended re-run or so called dir cut version?

11 hours ago, angel2013 said:

@Kasmic you're welcome, I hope you get to catch it using your superwoman skill to complete your errands :w00t:

Dr Kim must be quite the formidable character for the Director to be so wary of him and wanting at no cost to get 'rid' of him. I have not doubts bec I have seen his swift deft skills already. ;) Will be interesting to know the background between these two. i also want to know what is the relationship of TK with the cooks/chefs in the kitchen in Ep2? They seem close and they take his orders :sweatingbullets: no wonder DJ asks are you a gangster? haha

I hope DJ's presence won't increase the episodes that SJ will be having otherwise it will become quite boring if they keep repeating it right? Because they have set the standards and expectations high in the first 2 episodes, the writer and PD have to work harder to make sure the story moves and keep the momentum going. I certainly have faith in the actors after seeing them in first 2 episodes, hope the script writing and production doesn't disappoint too(since I am not really familiar with the writer and director)

Happy weekend everyone!

I'm guessing the reasons why Dr Do want to drive Dr Kim out of the hospital or even take down his doctor position might be:

- they are both candidates for the hospital Director position, and Dr Do sees him as a real threat

- the image of Dr Kim as a star surgeon and his skills induced Dr Do's jealousy

- Dr Kim opposed a hospital policy, experiment, a new medicine etc, that Dr Do was trying very hard to push through

- Dr Kim knows about Dr Do's deepest secret: medical malpractice/corruption/secret fund/links to political issues

The reasons might be the usual few haha, but I could be wrong too. And I think perhaps Teacher Kim saved the master chef from serious injuries or something, while on exile from the main hospital. So maybe him and the rest of his kitchen staff owe Teacher Kim a favour. Or they might have received constant medical help from TK prior to becoming qualified chefs.

Sharing this BTS because YYS and SHJ look so cute together. :) Apologies for the non-HQ version.

16 hours ago, Kasmic said:

Omo I didn't catch that that Teacher Kim changed his name. I'm dying to know what happened between them too.

2 hours ago, roneddski said:

I'm guessing the reasons why Dr Do want to drive Dr Kim out of the hospital or even take down his doctor position might be:

- they are both candidates for the hospital Director position, and Dr Do sees him as a real threat

- the image of Dr Kim as a star surgeon and his skills induced Dr Do's jealousy

- Dr Kim opposed a hospital policy, experiment, a new medicine etc, that Dr Do was trying very hard to push through

- Dr Kim knows about Dr Do's deepest secret: medical malpractice/corruption/secret fund/links to political issues

It may be all of the above but I'm sure reason #4 is a reality. There's nothing like knowledge of skeletons in the closet to get that kind  of reaction. I wonder what Teacher Kim did that Dr Do was able to use it against him?

14 hours ago, alekaonu said:

Never seen Han Seok Kyu before but from ep1 and 2, he's a charismatic actor and I like that :). I might become a fan of his by the end of this drama. Now waiting for Ep3 next Monday.

I agree, we haven't seen him in to many scenes and I'm already wanting to know his story.

OMG! I wasnt planning to watch this drama because I was unfamiliar with the actors, but I found myself bored after OTWTTA finished so I decided to try this and what a wonderful surprise! First episode was already so good (maybe its the early skinship! LOL), and I really like the male lead's straightforwardness. You might see me here after all, :D

Opps I missed the rerun eps yester Sorry @angel2013 I did catch a bit but it was lagging so much that I couldnt watch it properly. Lucky @pandalover1 was able to post the missing bits of the directors cut. Thanx panda. And Angel2013 you posted the new ep 3 preview. The last 15 sec is slightly diff to the one saw after ep 2 last week. There's a fire scene, more of Nurse Oh dialogue and DJ walking away from her. Here it is on YT

Coffee truck to support SHJ and the casts of RDTK

Spoiler

@soultree without giving too much away or being a lil biased - it is worth a watch so far the two eps will get you hooked there's so much happening with little hints of whats to come that'll keep you curious and wanting to know more. Apart from SHJ this is the first drama Ive seen from the other 2 male leads and Im enjoying their acting skills. It's just phenomenal how each of them can deliver their characters so well and thank God it's not a one man show. :sweatingbullets: You'll be hooked as are many of us here. 

So WELCOME TO ALL THE NEW CHINGUES HERE!!! hi-onion-head-emoticon.gif?1292862508 

Maybe if YYS gives out free massages there'll be more people dropping by and I'll be 2nd in line after SHJ :joy:

11CaDDyLzhBOsE.gif

cr. @supergal99

@Kasmic haha I couldn't even manage to catch it :sweatingbullets: omo I need those massages too since I always have stiff shoulders and neck from being in front of the PC most of the time :P

@soultreelike what Kasmic said, give it a try then you would know ;) or you could also read the comments here, there are quite a few who got hooked even though this drama was not originally on their radar! At least I have confidence Ep1&2 would not disappoint :lol:

yaaaa...tomorrow is Monday! I am so looking forward to Ep3, a kiss, a death in ep1, PSTD in ep2, fire in Ep3? wow I'm so ready,bring it on

Archived