[Drama 2016] Romantic Doctor, Teacher Kim 낭만닥터 김사부 Baeksang Best Director

pandalover1

5 minutes ago, USAFarmgirl said:

No matter how long I think about it, this is the hottest first episode I think I have ever seen...

credit to original owner of photo...

@USAFarmgirl this picture is from Sbs's Official PD Note update, there are more pictures as well

CwupmRxUsAAkIJ3.jpg

http://program.sbs.co.kr/pdNote/pdNoteEnd.do?pgm_id=22000009960&noteCode=nt_10000034104&noteId=10000058164&pgm_mnu_id=46190&pgm_build_id=19505#10000055819

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@pandalover1 THANKS FOR ALL THE SCREENCAPS and you captured the beautiful pics of his torso... I was busy looking and it happen so quick.  crazy-monkey-emoticon-004.gif?1292792378 JJIANG!!

Spoiler

Cwvl-dcVIAErvcu.jpg

Cwvl_XwUkAAtgWi.jpg

cr. pandalover 

On a serious note @drmjs  what does PTSD mean? Im glad your here I will need the medical terms explained. :huh:

Oh there was more to her guilt and not just the death of her exbf/ fiancee? I mustve missed that bit - of her seeing a dead body (mother?). Thanks for alerting me, here it is cr Naver clips

0a5e12efae2efc59a010e56b1950e718.png

5562f8a4d928641e7e60edf59ede39a0.png

DJ will def stay now to help her overcome her fears/ depression. But it's a psychological issue, that is so hard to overcome. Her guilt of making her exbf/ fiancee angry to drive recklessly is haunting her.  Im trying to understand her state of mind... SJ is a doctor who achieves to save lives of the patients she encounters then suddenly she caused the death (despite it being an accident) on her ex. Is this reason alone that caused her to emotionally and mentally breakdown? There must be more to it, eg maybe the scene above, she too blames herself for the death of this person then that could also trigger her trauma more. It's no wonder she never gave up on saving her patients (as we saw in ep 1) or why she became a doctor... to convince herself that she can save a human life. Then her emotional trauma runs REAL deep indeed. Dr Kim and Dr DJ I think you need a psychologist to help her. 

I must say SHJ nailed this scene esp when she said/ begged them to help her.  

cf62c193eca968d73221d0ed7a939c78.png

1 hour ago, USAFarmgirl said:

No matter how long I think about it, this is the hottest first episode I think I have ever seen...

credit to original owner of photo...

...and my favourite most unexpected line used in Episode 1 of a drama series by a lead....."i want to sleep with you !" wowwww directly hotttt af ^^

@lavender2love hihi somehow i knew you'll be joining in here muacccksss..... mmm, will EM be making a cameo ? only time will tell.

Related imageNn1dwto.jpg  What is their relationship???

Like some others here I just wonder as her character description states " Seo-Jung worked her heart out to be a doctor to gain recognition from someone."

Then again in episode 1 as the director & doctors pass by YSJ she makes a statement about how he never once acknowledges her.  At first I thought she was talking about Dr. Moon but quickly realized it wasn't him as he looked her way.  I have a feeling they are related...

I felt so sorry for YSJ in episode 2 just watching it raw you pretty much knew what was happening and how she continues to suffer for not hiding the truth telling her boyfriend that she couldn't except the ring.  I remember thinking before the wreck that I admired her honesty and still even knowing what happened after I don't think it was wrong.  I do however believe she is being eaten up with the guilt of that moment and as some have shared scars from her past as well.  Which brings to mind what was going on with Moon & the nurse and what did KDJ hear? 

Well I think I will wait for the subs to write my other thoughts about episode 2 have a great day everyone:)

6 hours ago, angel2013 said:

This show is toiling with my emotions, yesterday episode was exciting, funny and full of anticipation. Today's episode was full of surprises, heartache and solemness. But it made me all the more want to know how the story will develop, how will SJ overcome her trauma? Will DJ stay and help her or will his presence actually aggravate the situation as we have seen today? Teacher Kim, we are depending on you!

Since she didn't get over her guilt in five years among strangers i think she needs him...at first she will feel greater pain, yell or try to avoid him...but she needs to get it all out...he will provoke her first to do that and after to move on...she do have some feelings for him still...i mean beside guilt...once she'll start to move her focus of herself on him she will slowly getting better

Maybe her fiance found about her beeing director daughter and proposed her...maybe thought that one day the director will acknowledge SJ as his daughter...the man had something with the nurse...I think SJ felt something ...after the kiss ,in the car she said she could not accept the ring...today we saw her touching her lips...she could not forget DJ kiss (neither we)...:)

2 more articles i'm reading

"Romantic Doctor Teacher Kim" is a triple threat

Spoiler

photo781849.jpg

If there's any drama you should be excited to watch this season, it is "Romantic Doctor Teacher Kim".

First of all, it's Kang Eun-kyeong. Just her name printed as the author of this drama guarantees you the high quality drama you will love. She is known for her successful dramas such as "Gu Family Book", "Bread, Love and Dreams", "Hotelier" and many more. Combined with her mad writing skills, PD Yoo In-sik joined the party. It is so important to have a good PD with sensible eyes who can bring out the details of the story on the screen.

"Now that we have the double deal, let's make it a triple threat by casting only the best of the best" is what they were probably thinking because they got Han Seok-Kyu, Seo Hyeon-jin and Yoo Yeon-seok on board. It's been a while since Han Seok-Kyu acted in a modern drama and just by a short appearance he had in the beginning and the ending of the first episode was enough for me to scream out loud for his name. I just love how someone can have both charismatic and gentle feature shown at the same time.

Spoiler

photo781850.jpg

Also, Seo Hyeon-jin choosing this drama after the big syndrome she made with "Oh Hae-Young Again" was a smart move. It's upsetting for me when an actor/actress become so popular after a good drama and the next one they act in doesn't hit as big as the previous one. (For example, Hyeri with "Entertainers" after "Reply 1988". Entertainers wasn't half bad, but perhaps our expectation was too high for Hyeri and Ji Seong in it.) For Seo Hyeon-jin though, this drama will be another booster to build a milestone in her acting career. From what I saw, she has already become one with her character in the very first episode.

Spoiler

photo781848.jpg

Yoo Yeon-seok did an excellent job at bringing out the complex feeling combined in his character. Spark between him and Seo Hyeon-jin was also perfect. I never thought I would see the main characters who's not even a couple yet, be kissing in the first episode haha and the kiss scene was a beautiful one too.

Spoiler

photo781847.jpg

Lastly, just a warning before you get into this drama - fasten your seatbelt because this fast-paced, yet solid story development will have your mouth hanging wide open throughout the show.

By. Lily Lee

http://www.hancinema.net/romantic-doctor-teacher-kim-is-a-triple-threat-100300.html

[HanCinema's Drama Review] "Romantic Doctor Teacher Kim" Episode 1

photo781837.jpg

Are you tired of romantic shows which hold the kiss hostage until the end? Getting sick of last minute forced drama? Have you had enough of slow burn love? Then "Romantic Doctor Teacher Kim" is here to save the day! We get forced kisses, forced drama, forced trucks of doom and other manner of over the top goodness right off the bat. What? This is not a romantic soap opera, you say? Oh... Well then we need to have a talk.

Before I get to the train wreck, or rather car accident that the second half of this episode is, let me talk about the few things that work. In concept, the series is promising. We have two inexperienced doctors with a clearly painful past who use their personal issues to justify their medical bias. The episode introduces a doctor's dilemma over prioritizing treatment and the motivation behind it. This opens up a tough subject worth exploring.

Spoiler

A young Dong-joo blaming the surgeon for his father's death

Spoiler

Seo-jeong preparing for an emergency operation

The music and directing are quite headache-inducing with the medical situations, but they also make the scenes suspenseful. I appreciate the dedication of the series to being graphic with its medical content, sex toy cautionary tale aside. Medicine is not neat and pretty, which is something all creators taking a swing at the genre should understand. If there is one thing to correct here, it would be the actors' performances, which are a bit too dramatic for characters who deal with such emergencies daily.

Coming to the downfall of this episode now, I am not sure at exactly which point the writer was replaced with a romantic zombie, but this is the most sloppy raising of a romantic lead on a pedestal I have seen in a while. Where do I even begin with the lighting speed at which the series introduces the shared attraction of its two current main characters? How does one even explain the waving of the leading lady as a swooning plot device?

Spoiler

Dong-joo and Seo-jeong talking about the awkward kiss

Spoiler

Dong-joo discovers Dr. Moon has been cheating on Seo-jeong

All I can say is that I am glad her now-past boyfriend is dead, because he would have ended up an abusive North Korean spy who regularly sacrifices babies to Satan in order for the writer to elevate his romantic rival enough. The love line's pacing is too fast, showing panic on behalf of the creators. As usual, Dramaland is governed by its romantic pairings to a damaging degree. This is a shame, because the medical part has such potential.

As for the titular character, I cannot comment on anything past Han Seok-Kyu's heavily featured face at this point. I am not sure if the secrecy is to make him feel like a medical fairy godfather or to keep him out of the way for the Operating Room True Pairing, but I hope he can help keep the doctors focused and maybe control the raging malpractice going on.

"Romantic Doctor Teacher Kim" is directed by Yoo In-sik, written by Kang Eun-kyeong and features Han Seok-Kyu, Yoo Yeon-seok, Seo Hyeon-jin and Kim Hong-pa.

Written by: Orion from 'Orion's Ramblings'

http://www.hancinema.net/hancinema-s-drama-review-romantic-doctor-teacher-kim-episode-1-100297.html

THANKS ORION AND LILY LEE!

Gawd getting impatient waiting for episode 2 eng subbed. the last time i had this feeling so soon and so hooked was probably Signal. i feel like this drama is gonna be my new obssession and addiction....

Rating ep 2: 10. 8%

First in time slot. jjang!!! 

Now i just need the subbed video... then i will suffer through the waiting until monday...

http://m.entertain.naver.com/read?oid=109&aid=0003429027

Did anybody reconize some Grey's Anatomy references? 

For example, the scene she's on top of the patient covered in blood, running into the ER. It reminded me whe Meredith put her hand into the bomb patient.

Even the kiss scene, and the waiting outside the hospital looking at the rain...

Hey everyone! First time joining this thread to see how people are responding to the drama... I had high hopes for it after reading some of the previews. However, the premiere was disappointing and I share similar thoughts to what Hancinema shared...

Here's my entry: https://kdramaanalysis.wordpress.com/2016/11/08/romantic-doctor-teacher-kim-episode-1/

As I'm currently following quite a few dramas and playing catch-up on some older series, I do not think I'll be continuing with this series, but will still be checking the recaps and forums to see if the show does improve gradually.

Yoo Yun Suk thanks Son Ho Joon for thoughtful gift to his drama set

son-ho-joon_1478619618_yys.jpg

'Reply 1994' forever bros, Yoo Yun Suk and Son Ho Joon once again showed off their tight friendship even years after the series ended.

It was revealed through a new picture on Yoo Yun Suk's Instagram on November 8 that a coffee cart from Son Ho Joon had been sent to the set of his new drama, SBS's 'Romantic Doctor'!

He wrote, "Ho Joon, I will drink your coffee well and gain strength for filming!! You're really a good friend." Also, you can see on the coffee cart a message from Son Ho Joon that reads, "I support my friend Yeon Suk and 'Romantic Doctor.'"

allkpop

Archived