[Drama 2016] Romantic Doctor, Teacher Kim 낭만닥터 김사부 Baeksang Best Director

pandalover1

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you guys for replying, i gave it a try yesterday i watched the first episode first of all because i'm a resident so obviously i like medical dramas, secondary i love YYS and i found him so good looking here with the white coat ( doctor's syndrome falling for hot doctors on screen :phew: ) and finally i searched about the synopsis and yes it's pretty cool gave me the envy to look a little bit for what's gonna happen .

my impression of the first episode : good start up , enough to tease my curiosity , i havent noticed the time passing and i was concentrated and then hop end of first episode already a hour, i like this kind if drama where i dont feel the time passing. And then teacher kim appears in the end so now i'm curious about second episode , but i'll watch it tomorrow or tonight because i dont wanna wait a long time for third and forth episode 

so yes i started it and i'm going to follow , my mond tue drama schedule is empty hehe , let's wait and see how it's gonna be 

group hug everybody , let's go for free massages on mond tues

A kind soul from RDTK DC Gallery has made a post on the difference in the Director's Cut episodes 1 & 2, complete with written texts ;___; <3<3<3. I try to roughly translate what it says and there are instances where I just wrotee what I understood in general. But, my rough translation might be incorrect, so don't rely much on them ^^;; (if someone here knows Korean well and can help to add / correct / improve the translation I'll be forever thankful <3)

Here is the link to the POST FROM RDTK DC Gallery (thank you so much for this, RDTK DC Gallery <3)

All the notes, dialogues text, gifs and screencap photos used in here are originally sourced from the RDTK DC Gallery post, I just repost them here. Please credit them properly if you take them elsewhere

(1) DIRECTOR'S CUT EPISODE 1

• Added script #1 Director's cut ep. 1 Minute 21

Overall there is an increase of dialogue and scenes with the JS patients

RtU28EG.gif

• Scenes' change of order #2 Director's cut ep. 1 Minute 23
    The scene in beginning of ep. 2 where Dong Joo visited his mom's 'Dong Ju's Dumpling shop', it was moved to be in between the scene when Seo Jung took away coffee from panda eyed Dong Ju and before the anal beads scene. 

5AccTrQ.jpg

• Added script #3 Director's cut ep. 1 Minute 25
    (Patient) : Doctor, I have a query. You should not do a surgery on me. Because my guardian will have to come. How can I look at my wife's face in this state. Please just take them out ㅠㅠㅠ
    (Dong Ju) : Please get me something like gel and Enema   

p9b0Tvf.jpg

• Added scene #4 Director's cut ep. 1 Minute 29 - Director's Do reaction on Dr. Moon's seeing Seo Jung
    (Dr. Song) : Was that that fellow? The one who held down the bleeding from the splenic artery with her index finger?
    (Dr. Moon) : Yes, Yoon Seo Jung, a fourth year resident in Emergency Department.
    (Dr. Song) : Yah, do we have this kind of person in our hospital? It's hard to find kids who could react quickly like her these days.  
    (Dir. Oh) : ...

t9tjoD1.gif

• Added scene #5 Director's cut ep. 1 Minute 50 - An explanation why Dong Joo who was initially going back from work but stayed back at the hospital
    (Female Nurse) : Is Dr. Kang Dong Joo on duty today?
    (Male Nurse) : Ah... He's replacing Dr. Jeong In Soo .
    (Female Nurse) : No, what kind of a Resident letting an Intern replacing him?
    (Male Nurse) :  He went out just for a while. He's leaving it unattended for just 2 hours. 
    (Female Nurse) : What if they get caught by by the manager in charge? What if during the time he's leaving it unattended there's suddenly an accident?
    ------- Emergency siren ringing --------
    (Female Nurse) : Did you hear that? What I said was right, right?
    ------- The phone rings ------------
    (Male Nurse) : You should take a seat (? not sure about this phrase)

gxQUnd6.jpg

• Added script #6 Director's cut ep. 1 Minute 58 - Seo Jung lying in the mountain, recalling her conversation with Dr. Moon before the traffic accident
    (Dr. Moon) : Was it that fellow from before, by any chance? Oh ho ho, seriously that fellow is quite something isn't he. I don't think he knows about women. 
    (Seo Jung) : But.. I was a bit shaken / swayed by that. Doctor, I'm sorry.

Iwixe79.jpg

(All the notes, dialogues text, gifs and screencap photos used in here are originally sourced from the RDTK DC Gallery post, I just repost them here. Please credit them properly if you take them elsewhere)

(will continue on ep. 2 later if I'm free)

@day_dreamer omo thank you so much for bringing this and translating from the RDTK DC gallery, me know naught about Korean and haven't seen the dir cut version am very grateful ;) and the OST's I agree both are so good, I wonder when will they release them? And did I just see a little smile let out from the Dir who quickly seem to brush it away?(when he heard the praises for YSJ)

@pandalover1 :o we got another new medical term? :blink: I'm no good on medical terms either, so I google it. Its probably an aggravating factor? Bec TK did say when he rescued her from the mountain that her recovery would only be about 70% at most so its a combination of physical injury coupled with the PTSD and psychologically~sounds so complicated :huh:

@soultree hope you will stick around till the end :w00t: oh my we may have to start issuing queue numbers for those massages

3 hours ago, pandalover1 said:

I don't know if anyone has discuss about this yet.

Just wondering if anyone have similar thoughts, that Dr yoon's hands not being able to function properly is psychosomatic and not because of the accident which comobids with her ptsd.

I'm no expert in this area so I don't even know what "psychosomatic" is ( :P ) but please tell us more about it and whether it is possible for that to happen?  I only remember Teacher Kim told her that her hand will most probably function about 70% only so I thought it was because of the physical injury, so this theory of it being aggravated(?) by her mental state is veryyy interesting. 

This is because I'm seeing how this show kept on emphasising on hands, it what it may lead to:

• Teacher Kim has a nickname of "Hands of God";
  • Seo Jung was also nicknamed as "Queen of Index Finger", then 5 years later her hand is not able to function properly after the accident where her hand condition was focused on so many times. Teacher Kim helped Seo Jung and helped her with her hand after the incident in the mountain, and he told Seo Jung about the problem with her hand.
  • Seo Jung's problem with her hand is that it is not functioning properly due to her physical wound, and perhaps, as @pandalover1 pointed out, possibly aggravated due to her mental state.
  • When it comes to Dong Joo, he bet his neck, but was substituted with his wrist and lost it ( saw on DB recap that neck is 'mok', while wrist is 'sonmok', Teacher Kim decided to settle with only his wrist as his betting prize claim) and Teacher Kim kept on saying he'll claim his hand someday. DJ even dreamed that his hand was severed by the hospital admin person and Teacher Kim.
  • Dong Joo's problem with his hand is that Teacher Kim now has a claim on it, and this is all caused by Dong Joo's being too prideful and going too far with his bet.

... so I wonder if this is a symbolism or some sort? That Teacher Kim, the one who owns "the Hands of God" will help both SJ and DJ with their hands problems and what caused those problem? Note also that Teacher Kim and Dong Joo work together for Seo Jung's wrist surgery to heal/fix her wrist slit injury. 

or am I thinking too much? lmao. 

@soultree so you're a resident and like medical dramas? This is so refreshing to know because from what I read from comments about this drama, a lot of medical practitioners dislike medical dramas because they are so inaccurate and made them mad. ahahaha. awww Dong Joo needs to pull a long shift to give us massages!

@angel2013 no problem <3 yess, he did have that satisfied smirk on his face as the other Doctor was praising Seo Jung. What is his relationship with Seo Jung? dun dun dun. 

I feel sort of guilty for looking down on this drama before this simply because of its genre (I'm so not into medical dramas ;____;) and didn't really think the writer as very solid. I thought that there is no chance that a medical drama can be very eventful and interesting but boy this drama really do sneak up on me and throw me me with more stuffs than I expected. Love love love the mysteries and whimsical vibe the show has. As I'm genuinely enjoying it, I really hope the future episodes will keep its pace and keep on being interesting as the first 2 episodes. Please please please

@day_dreamer :o:blink: I am trying to digest your reasoning about the 'hands' wow so detailed analysis, really shows you know the drama inside out already ;) haha we are only 2 epidsodes in and we have so many theories and analysis already, thank you all, it makes watching even more fun!

yes it is also my wish that this drama stays good throughout till the end! we have a 'fire' coming up in Ep3, that should keep things hot for the time being literally :P haha hope to see everyone hanging around for ep3 tomorrow! or will everyone be lured away to catch the super moon tomorrow?(I'm so tempted lol)

@day_dreamer yes i'm a resident and i like some medical'dramas , not all but most, i feel like home even if sometimes they are overreacting and innacurate i like dramas with surgery hehe , but yeah i agree i have some friends who dislike it, anyway when they make mistake i just lugh and feel great haha i feel clever loool 

wow DIRECTOR'S CUT EPISODE 1 & EPISODE 2!!!i lost its !Thanks for updates my friends...after i watched ep 1 and i read Added scene #4 Director's cut ep. 1 Minute 29 - Director's Do reaction on Dr. Moon's seeing Seo Jung  that @day_dreamer translated i'm sure she is that jerk daughter!The man that her fiance had a drink was the director....this man really ruined otp lives!!!

On 11 November, 2016 at 9:41 PM, staygold said:

@lavender2love Love your writing style... Laughed out reading your post!! :lol:

@staygold thank you dear. I try to to follow Soompi many dictates , for example , write more than 20 words to make ithe readers' time  worthwhile . So one mustn't just throw random one liners like " Oppa you so handsome " . "Oppa I heart you" " Oppa I can't sleep because of youuu. "hehe. . I also follow Soompi rule about not quoting . Mods big red letter warnings are intimidating . Therefore I write and quote with relevant pix. Thank you @angel2013 and @KasmicFor your kind words . You both make the thread humming building up anticipation for exciting things to come. Of course I appreciate @Kasmic's eye for the beauty of well formed male anatomy. Drool feasts are good for the soul but not the keyboard. Carry on friend

.See you guys around on Monday  for episode 3 I hope I can come back in time from my weekend jaunt . Epi 3 seems to have enough tension to electrify the air. Yay!  more teacher Kim mystery revealed. It fascinates me that his ost in the misty mountain scene is " the Stranger" by Billy Joel. The opening bars have the haunting whistling ... Full of strange happenings indeed. Then another surprise. He listens to Madonna on a radio that comes straight out of a museum. Madonna is a controversial artist so the reason must somewhere lies in the unusual  and . the anti establishment . I look forward to what makes him tick and of course his next Ost. Hope the new one makes me raise my eyebrows too. Leaving you with some titilating lyrics from Stranger , teacher Kim's Ost  . Time to take off the masks and everyone can reveal their true faces. 

ec9a7183574c9e198c78c7ce2afbb4bf.jpg

okay gtg .... You know using an iPad is precarious. It crashed too many times for me to want to bin it. I may lose this post again so bye. 

Thanks for the photos and your comments. 

@evie7 the previews are so quick it no surprise that anyone can miss these things. As I do that too. :phew:

@soultree resident in the making hmmm WELCOME good to know so I can give you a shout out when all these medical jargons just hit at me and correct me if Im wrong but doctors arent suppose to stuff their hands in you during an operation right? :crazy: that's just pure drama or is that for real? 

@pandalover12 I was wondering that myself about her hands weather its just her own anxiety's causing her to punish herself by believing that her hands is not healing... Ive seen many dramas that does that. This could be the case as it's been 5 years and it was suppose to have a 70% success rate of healing yet she still couldnt even hold a scalpel or open a door with her injured hand. Maybe we should ask @soultree what do you think chingue, is it possible that her case could be her psychological issues of her own guilt with Dr Moon's death and that person in her past? 

@angel2013 Im getting lured by the super moon tonight as wellI and I hope my weather clears up for it. Let's post moon pics up instead of the drama :joy: kidding if I miss my moon then I'll be here screencapping away and hopefully as @lavender2love puts it feast my eyes upon a certain male  an-o-what- am I saying?? :joy: 

Ep 3 spoiler scene release ... Dr Kim telling/shouting at  Dr Yoon to not touch the patient and to get out. I guess his doing a reverse psychology threat on her too get treated for her anxiety's or else she cant be a doctor. 

356204de05238c1cc17b49681a96ef16.png

http://tvcast.naver.com/v/1237639

@day_dreamer thanks for the DC translations on the directors cut vid... I was so surprised that we missed this scene of Director Do's reaction to Dr Yoon's crazy method in helping the patient. Another reason to curse SBS :crazy:

3f2d26c89b90a96c07c1d88d12f48b80.gif cr. DC gallery

When I saw him smiled, I thought WOW his human, WOW he does acknowledge her as a Doctor and WOW he does know her and looked kind of PROUD of her. THEN he bloody spoils it an shake his head away as if to shake off all my WOW's, YEP his NOT human, YEP he looks down at people, YEP he doesnt want to know her despite the fact that they might be related??whaaat1-onion-head-emoticon.gif?12928625  His not very likeable is he? and frankly i wouldnt mind playing darts with this gif as well as mastering my devil horns and moustache graffiti skills on him.

Doldam hospital location shooting... this place doesnt look that secluded and mysterious 

nor that isolated because look there's cars. :phew:

I just read that in Korean- Doldam means "stone wall".  Now thats an interesting point...hmmm. ^_^

New Ep3 preview. Poor SeoJung getting told off by TK, but it should work for her own benefit so she can get herself together!

@Kasmic its very cloudy here, may not see supermoon, but will definitely not miss RDTK! :lol: the pics of doldam,-well this shows that the team did a good job in creating that eerie, suspense atmosphere about Doldam hospital, great job! Like you, the Dir is on my black list of unlikeable people already :P

5 hours ago, kaftanbatikcantik said:

can anyone explain to me about the anal patients..i dont understand what was wrong with him..thanks!

It's a psychotic patient he has some foreign bodies in his rectal canal , so they had to remove them loool 

@Kasmic : hehehe no problem feel free to ask, well during operations we can put hands on abdomen but not like this, an abdomen shouldnt be opened outside operating room'and while openning we pass by level, skin, under skin , aponevrose...etc and actually we can't know wich artery it is just by making a hole and putiing the hand , we can't stop bleeding just by sticking hand on it, haha so to make it short that scene in first episode was drama , in real life it's absolutely not like that. But as resident it makes me laugh hard these kind of scenes hehehe

so today guys is the thrid episode i'm gonna catch with the second hehe hope i'll have time 

Hi everyone! Thank you everyone who post these pictures and news. 

I'm still contemplating about this drama. I felt the 1st episode was too rush especially the love between two leads, SJ refusing the proposal from her boyfriend. She later felt guilty in the hallucination sequence in the 2nd episode as his ghost excused her of having feeling towards DJ. 

I'm still going to watch it as I like Han Suk Kyu and I like how they added mystery into this hospital and there're some funny scenes between teacher Kim and DJ and DJ with other hospital staffs.

The acting of these actors is great. I don't have a problem with anyone. I'm just not sure about this script. I'm still giving it the benefit of the doubt.

I hope we get great episodes this week. :grin: 

(Continued from the last post of Director's Cut ep. 1)

A kind soul from RDTK DC Gallery has made a post on the difference in the Director's Cut episodes 1 & 2, complete with written texts ;___; <3<3<3. I try to roughly translate what it says and there are instances where I just wrotee what I understood in general. But, my rough translation might be incorrect, so don't rely much on them ^^;; (if someone here knows Korean well and can help to add / correct / improve the translation I'll be forever thankful <3)

Here is the link to the POST FROM RDTK DC Gallery (thank you so much for this, RDTK DC Gallery <3)

All the notes, dialogues text, gifs and screencap photos used in here are originally sourced from the RDTK DC Gallery post, I just repost them here. Please credit them properly if you take them elsewhere

(2) DIRECTOR'S CUT EPISODE 2

• Scenes' change of order #1 Director's cut ep. 2 Minute 1
    The scene Seo Jung talking to Teacher Kim when she was hospitalised  ------> scene where Dong Joo called Seo Jung's number but was not answered.
    The editing was changed in reverse order - in the episode aired on Tuesday 8 Nov, the scene where Dong Joo called came out first and then after that the scene of Seo Jung x Teacher Kim.

GON6a0Z.jpg

• Added scene #2 Director's cut ep. 2 Minute 17 - The scene after the first aid to the person who choked, before entering the kitchen
    (Dong Joo) : What are you doing?
    (Teacher Kim) : For sure if I cut your neck you'll die.. How do I get your neck without killing you?
    (Dong Joo) : By any chance, are you a doctor?
    (Teacher Kim) : You said you're a GS (General Surgeon) right?
    (Dong Joo) : I never said that
    (Teacher Kim) : To a surgeon, his hand is his life, right? Good. Let's just go with your wrist. A wrist ("sonmok", lit trans: hand's neck) is a neck ("mok") anyway. Stay put. But.. I did not bring my tools. What should I do?

DjOB6h1.gif

• Added scene #3 Director's cut ep. 2 Minute 20 - Dong Joo running away from the kitchen
    (Dong Joo) : Please help me, they are trying to kill me.
    (Security guard) : What is it?
    (Cook) : We're sending off Mr Kim Sa Bu's guest.
    (Security guard) : Don't make too much noise. The president hates it.
    (Cook) : Okay
    (Dong Joo) : What are you doing? They're just trying to kill me!!! ㅠㅠ
    (Security guard) : Please take care of yourself ^^

d8Fyayq.gif

• Added scene #4 Director's cut ep. 2 Minute 24 - Dong Joo sleeping at Doldam Hospital's lobby
    (Oh Myeong Sim) : Who is the fellow at the lobby?
    (Jang Ki Tae) : Don't bother. Seems like he came down from a hospital in Seoul.
    (Oh Myeong Sim) : Oh I see. Okay.
    k56Fke3.gif

• Added script #5 Director's cut ep. 2 Minute 46 - Dong Joo and Teacher Kim big scene
    (Dong Joo) : I told you that I wanted to speak to you. A patient's right, a doctor's integrity... you may not care about any of that, but... I cannot do that. Whoever you are, what your position in this hospital is, it doesn't mean you can force me to do that.
    (Teacher Kim) : How many people did you kill before ended up here?

ywy4zLG.jpg

• Added script #6 Director's cut ep. 2 Minute 48 - Dong Joo and Teacher Kim big scene
    (Teacher Kim) : Yeah Yeah. So what's your point?
    (Dong Joo) : I'm going to go back there by any means necessary. I'll look for any means necessary to make it happen (? not so sure about this)

yBBZDBM.jpg

(All the notes, dialogues text, gifs and screencap photos used in here are originally sourced from the RDTK DC Gallery post, I just repost them here. Please credit them properly if you take them elsewhere)

Archived