[ Drama 2016] The K2 더 케이투

MindfulL

@perfectsmilebias omg thank you sooo much! :wub: you don't know how much your post made me happy!

giphy.gif

But for real, all I did on this thread, was having wars :crazy: I turned into the Devil's advocate :D  a bad-richard simmons warrior  - can't  describe myself more accurately here :lol:B) I had lot's of writing and answering to do but still had a lot's of fun! especially proud that after the drama ended my YJ and Jejin were nominated on polls and so on... how proud am I??:wink:

tumblr_oj2hslpHJj1qk7bkio1_r1_540.gif

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, perfectsmilebias said:

Hey guys!!! I'm back!!

Hehehe.... I just dropped out of this thread like a hot potato.... anxiety about the U.S. elections, finals, and plain ol' life got to me... so I needed a break!

But I remembered I had forgotten to thank all the great people I was able to talk with on this thread! My first Soompi thread eva! I'll probably forget to mention some of you guys... forgive me... but rest assured I'll always have the lovely and even heated times I spent discussing with you guys in my heart! Warning: a lot of exclamation points coming up. So here it goes...

First I'd like to thank my fellow JeJin shippers and YJ lovers! We stuck through thick and thin on this thread, and even though we were critical at times we kept on loving this drama and this thread!

@siddo My darling!!!! I loved reading your posts and analysis!! We had such fun with our JeJin imaginings!!!! Thanks so much for supporting me when I needed it, hopefully I was able to support you half as much as you supported me!

@ReemKanabta Fellow JCW fan! Thank you for all your posts, your updates, and enlightening conversations! You were probably on this thread being totally awesome way before I came aboard, but I'm glad I got to travel this ship (hehe pun intended) with you!

@anipanch You came a little later on this thread, but your contribution to it was immensely wonderful! We both don't watch many dramas, but I'm so glad you took to time to watch The K2 and enter the discussions! You were truly a bad-richard simmons warrior on this thread!  

@ellesina The true MVP JeJin shipper! The creator of the first and one of the most beautiful JeJin FMVs!!! You didn't get to stay on the thread for too long, but your posts and marvelous video created a lasting impression in my mind and heart! 

And thank you so much to the rest of my JeJin and YooJin darlings! @tucci @StarUnnie @cookiesncream123 @molleym @Trung Vũ @miriamdream2 @shae @lamylamy @grapefruit7 @kennyl

And this is for those who I had lovely and respectful discussions with. There were times we agreed on things and there were times we disagreed (sometimes strongly) on things, but we kept on respecting each other, loving this drama (maybe you guys more than me... lololol), contributing to this very intense and interesting thread, and just having a mighty good time!! And for those that I never got the chance to directly chat with, I still enjoyed reading your posts, your analysis, your predictions, and your POVs! Thank you very very much!!!

@valsava @notohaterfans @bebebisous33 @Sadeva23 @klgirl @jerboa83 @JaneP @Mau_Cherry @fifie @Yippeuni @kaoriharang @SunnySun26 @feima @stargazer187 @tianaa @Yongzura @liltash85 @andy78 @sutcliff @gimely @minhye1822 @velvet01 @Emily Wong @alekaonu @Sesame Chew @moreenke @chi_mo_chi and especially

@Bambiina for all your enjoyable counter arguments! @nona88 for taking the effort to like almost every post on this thread! @julie721 for your analysis (especially the color ones) and kindness! @tessieroo for your honesty, keep up the great work at Couch Kimchi (all these years and I'm still in love with your Empress Ki analysis!)  @ashvaugn for your discussions and understanding! and shout out to @cherkell keep up the awesome work at Ji Chang Wook's Kitchen, my go-to JCW fansite!

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

Thank you for the mention! I still miss the K2, since it has ended what are you currently watching? 

@ReemKanabta WOAH!!! These reviews are spot on! I really liked how both the reviewers were really familiar with the director's previous works and were able to point out the weaknesses The K2 had that were similar to his previous dramas. And it's true, this director has potential to be much more, but he relies too much on overblown visuals and flat storytelling.

I realize that throughout this thread I had really been very critical of the writer and maybe I shouldn't have been. I won't forgive him for his homophobic undertones (if you study a bit on queer theory you'll be able to spot them), but it does seem like he tried to improve upon what he did in Yong Pal but his efforts might have been thwarted by the director, production team, corporate team, or the Subway marketing team.... I'm leaning on Subway... they are an absolute plague on TvN dramas!

I just wanted to quote some of my favorite critiques from those year-end reviews.

On 12/20/2016 at 6:13 AM, ReemKanabta said:

the story itself was unfocused, and the hero, while being played winningly by Ji Chang-wook, never felt like a lived-in human being, despite the endless flashbacks to his tragic past. I never got a sense for why he was doing most of the things he was doing, since the idea of his revenge was so ambiguous that it took sixteen episodes for him to act on it, when he could’ve just as easily done what he did in the first act for all the preparation it took.

I really, really, really tried to get into Jeha, really tried to care for him.... but by the end I just couldn't, despite me being a big JCW fan. Hopefully JCW gets to do that melodrama he was considering, I need to see him play a meatier character... and I'm not talking about physique. 

On 12/20/2016 at 6:21 AM, ReemKanabta said:

Maybe he has a good director friend to deliver the cold hard truth that he needs to stop trying so hard to be cool and show a little restraint. Because I don’t think this is a mediocre director who makes mediocre dramas; I think this is a talented director hamstrung by his own indulgences, which drag down what could be great shows and muddy their accomplishments. Which, by the way, I think is a much sadder story than if he were simply untalented.

From the few comments this director said during and after The K2's run, I can see why some would think he is indulgent. From his practically blaming SYA for JeJin shippers to his moaning on about how nobody was fangirling over his 3-minute one-take shot of the blanket kiss... like really dude!? But I did see the potential for good, natural film-making from him in the first two episodes... sigh

The problem is, I’ve noticed that he also likes to build to a climax even when the plot is too empty to support it—and then everything ends up collapsing into the void and the scene comes off silly rather than cool.

Song Yoon-ah rocked her Shakespearean monologues (the evil laugh is by nature cheesy, but I’d say she pulled it off as well as could be done), and I dug that intense undercurrent from her secretary, putting on her best Mrs. Danvers act. The lothario politician was repulsive but at least had dimension, and the false friendliness amongst the vicious chaebols actually made the corporate war feel kinetic and high-stakes—something Yong-pal (this writer’s previous drama) attempted but couldn’t quite pull off.

Yoojin and her Secretary Kim.... a hot, hot, hot and intense duo! I'm so glad Secretary Kim didn't die in the end and that she got her revenge! BWHAHAHAH!

You can only do so much when you don’t know better; when you do but choose the alternative, you’re to blame.

Honestly.

On 12/20/2016 at 6:13 AM, ReemKanabta said:

Lee Jung-jin also equated villainy with what was usually unrealistic arrogance and an unceasing case of the giggles, even in the face of a bomb threat that his genius rear end apparently thought was a great idea. Tell me this: How does it make sense to drag a ginormous bomb to the doors of the supercomputer you want to steal? And then to not have an off switch for said bomb?

giphy.gif

Hahhaha! I'm shook!

@molleym I just finished up Netflix's The Crown which was stunning! Now I'm watching the C-drama The Princess Wei Young and Signal which is really good!

tumblr_ogj7b3G46X1uq4zv4o1_400.giftumblr_ogj7b3G46X1uq4zv4o2_400.giftumblr_ogj7b3G46X1uq4zv4o3_r1_400.gif

Spoiler

tumblr_ogj7b3G46X1uq4zv4o4_r1_400.giftumblr_ogj7b3G46X1uq4zv4o7_r1_400.giftumblr_ogj7b3G46X1uq4zv4o6_r1_400.giftumblr_ogj7b3G46X1uq4zv4o9_r1_400.giftumblr_ogj7b3G46X1uq4zv4o8_r1_400.giftumblr_ogj7b3G46X1uq4zv4o10_r1_400.giftumblr_ogj7b3G46X1uq4zv4o5_r1_400.gif

Credit: banghae

Warning: my interpretations up ahead

This scene.... their first goodbye! T_T 

This scene proves Jeha, in the short time he has known her, has learned to care for YooJin. Not just pity, but actually have compassion for her because the moment he leaves her all he wants is for YooJin to be free. He doesn't mention any punishments for her crimes, he doesn't even think about that. Everything he tells her about leaving Cloud 9, is to try to get her to do what he believes will bring her freedom and happiness. This woman who has been ruthless and committed many crimes, in the end, Jeha doesn't want her to die or be trapped by power anymore, he only thinks about her happiness!

And he said all this after she quite clearly implied be putting her hand to her chest that she had given everything including her heart up to him. I'm glad he didn't give up on her. I'm glad that rather than be judgmental he was understanding. I'm glad he left her as equals.

tumblr_oginsoZnDO1uq4zv4o1_400.giftumblr_oginsoZnDO1uq4zv4o2_400.giftumblr_oginsoZnDO1uq4zv4o3_r1_400.gif

Spoiler

tumblr_oginsoZnDO1uq4zv4o4_400.giftumblr_oginsoZnDO1uq4zv4o5_400.giftumblr_oginsoZnDO1uq4zv4o6_400.giftumblr_oginsoZnDO1uq4zv4o9_400.giftumblr_oginsoZnDO1uq4zv4o10_400.gif

Farewell!!! T_T

In this moment, there is no more hate against YooJin in Jeha, not even rejection.

I knew they were going to reference that line from the first episode again! Such a regretful yet hopeful line! Even though they met first as enemies, then friends, allies, and in the end equals, the time was not right. YooJin had already fallen down too deep into the dark path and no longer saw herself outside of the trap she had made for herself. And Jeha, who had witnessed too much darkness and brutality wanted out, he could never truly be by her side.

So despite everything they were able to build together in that short amount of time... all they were left with was "If only..."

AH! What a beautiful and compelling relationship! 

tumblr_ogkjo1eLur1uq4zv4o1_400.giftumblr_ogkjo1eLur1uq4zv4o3_400.giftumblr_ogkjo1eLur1uq4zv4o4_400.gif

Spoiler

tumblr_ogkjo1eLur1uq4zv4o6_400.giftumblr_ogkjo1eLur1uq4zv4o5_400.giftumblr_ogkjo1eLur1uq4zv4o8_400.gif

The sad end! 

In all honestly, I don't think SeJoon's character arc was developed enough to justify this climax and resolution. Throughout the drama, he served three main purposes: to be the slimy politician archetype, to be the male "victim" to YooJin's dragon lady, and to give his "fatherly" blessing for the Jeha/Anna relationship. And yet in this scene, suddenly this character who hasn't been shown to be self-aware, to be the self-sacrificial type, or to truly care for anyone but himself is willing to sacrifice himself to patch up whatever semblance of a connection he had with his daughter last minute and to ensure his wife didn't die alone.

Both reasons didn't ring believable to me for this character, but the latter was compelling enough for me. It was so depressing to think YooJin was just sitting by herself imprisoned by that glass box, bleeding out, and waiting to die. So there was a catharsis when Sejoon realizes that he shouldn't let her die alone since this situation they have ended up in is as much his fault as it is hers. And he goes back, this fallen man goes back to die with his fallen wife. So this scene is not really earned, but the idea behind it is beautiful enough. 

Plus, this scene was WONDERFULLY acted by Song Yoona and Jo Sungha that I can't really hate it, in fact I love it!!!

Jeha really didn't want YooJin to die. Throughout the last episode, aside from Secretary Kim, it was only Jeha who wanted YooJin not to die. You can see it in this scene when he's trying to convince SeJoon to do something about the impending destruction of Cloud 9.

tumblr_ogia6zCPLu1rjjno5o9_r1_250.giftumblr_ogia6zCPLu1rjjno5o2_250.giftumblr_ogia6zCPLu1rjjno5o3_250.gif

Spoiler

tumblr_ogia6zCPLu1rjjno5o4_250.giftumblr_ogia6zCPLu1rjjno5o5_250.gif

Credit: anapher

He vehemently rejects the JSS VP's "For the greater good" excuse. He brings up his past experience when he was dishonorably discharged from the military. He references a time when someone, in this case himself, had to be sacrificed for the "greater good". But the interesting thing is when the VP argues back by saying he isn't asking Jeha to sacrifice himself this time therefore implying why should he care that they aren't going to do anything to stop Yoojin's brother. But to Jeha it isn't about himself, its about the unfairness. He's comparing SeJoon and the VP sacrificing YooJin by allowing her brother kill her to when he was sacrificed for the self-serving interests of others. He wants YooJin to live because like him, she too is a victim of an unfair system and he wants to protect her from that.

tumblr_ogkvb4atRc1uq4zv4o2_400.giftumblr_ogkvb4atRc1uq4zv4o7_400.giftumblr_ogkvb4atRc1uq4zv4o9_400.gif

Spoiler

tumblr_ogkvb4atRc1uq4zv4o3_400.giftumblr_ogkvb4atRc1uq4zv4o2_400.giftumblr_ogkvb4atRc1uq4zv4o1_400.giftumblr_ogkvb4atRc1uq4zv4o4_r1_400.gif

tumblr_ogkvb4atRc1uq4zv4o5_400.giftumblr_ogkvb4atRc1uq4zv4o6_r1_400.giftumblr_ogkvb4atRc1uq4zv4o7_400.giftumblr_ogkvb4atRc1uq4zv4o9_400.gif

tumblr_ogkvb4atRc1uq4zv4o8_400.giftumblr_ogkvb4atRc1uq4zv4o10_400.gif

The last goodbye! TT_TT

Jeha doesn't give up on her! He drags his injured self up the stairs back into Cloud 9 to try once again to make her leave her prison. He still wants her to live. But he recognizes that it is her choice and she wants to go. You can see how devastated he is when she tells him to leave, his eyes and the way he shakes his head, silently pleading with her to save herself! But it's hopeless. She wants to rest. UGH! So sad!!! TT_TT

Some people don't like that YooJin practically gave up, that she chose to die rather than survive and get revenge on those that harmed her. They argue that it is out of character for this woman who was so ambitious and strong, who always stood up to her enemies, and used her intelligence and cunning to get what she wanted. But I have to disagree, I understand why she, in essence, killed herself.

First, she was shot, and I would argue that shot was fatal. She had been bleeding out for a while, not to mention the internal bleeding. The trauma of that shot, plus having to be rolled out of Cloud 9, pushed into the elevator that would later drop violently to the ground where she would have to wait until rescue crews dug them out of said elevator... I think she would have slowly and painfully died as she bled out in front of everyone. YooJin knew that getting out of Cloud 9 would be difficult, since it was designed to be hard to get to. That is why she tells Jeha "It's too late."

Second, getting revenge no longer drove her, it would not have satisfied her, and it was not a strong enough thing for her to continue surviving for. If you think about it, ever since SeJoon cheated on her, YooJin's actions have time and time again been lead by the need for revenge.

She didn't save Anna's mom to get revenge on the woman who cheated with her husband. She made it seem like she was behind the murder of Anna's mom and used Anna as a bargaining tool to get revenge against her unfaithful husband. She continued to support and practically lead her husband's political ambitions and his presidential campaign to get revenge against her father who had strongly believed she had picked the wrong marriage partner and to get revenge against her extended family members who continually tried to take away her power over her father's conglomerate. YooJin, ever since that fateful day she discovered her husband's affair, has lived purely for revenge.

That stopped when Jeha came into the picture. She never gave up on her schemes and her ambitions for him, but her actions towards him were not lead by her seeking revenge.

When she first hired him as a JSS bodyguard she didn't have to offer him an opportunity to get revenge for Raniya, she could have just used his fugitive status as the main reason for him to join. Both ways she was still vulnerable since, to her knowledge, Jeha still had that blackmail email. But in the end, she offered him a chance to do something about the injustice he had witnessed, because she wanted to do something for him, she wanted to give him a reason to stay, she wanted to be friends.

This idea of friendship, alliance and her desire to explore and keep this strange connection she made with this lone, haunted man who unexpectedly appeared in her life with such force are what inspires her interactions with Jeha. They are the reasons why she makes him Close Line, why she is willing to sacrifice her political ambitions in favor of his safety, why she subconsciously goes to him when she feels most vulnerable, and the reason why she cannot let him die. "That man cannot die."

She has found someone she wants to genuinely know better, someone she doesn't want to exploit or out-maneuver or hurt. The wolf who made her believe in love again. And not just romantic love, but just true and positive connection. Though their relationship was not always smooth-sailing and they were at times opposing forces, it was never negative. After the alliance begins, Jeha never tries to hurt or attack YooJin and YooJin never even thinks about getting revenge against Jeha even when he rejects her and betrays her.

That is what YooJin learns from her short encounter with Jeha. That is how she changes. There is satisfaction and happiness in living for things other than revenge. Living honestly, living to positively connect with others, living not to be the last one standing or for the validation of others, but rather to live for one's own true freedom and happiness.

Sadly, YooJin, as she lay there in Cloud 9 after being brutally shot by her own step-brother, cannot see that she still has the chance to do that. She asks "Is there a place for me to go to anymore?"

Her relationship with Jeha is over. She doesn't have anymore hope. She only has the alternative, Revenge. But, she doesn't want to live for revenge anymore, she wants to rest.

Tragic yet beautiful!

9 hours ago, perfectsmilebias said:

That is what YooJin learns from her short encounter with Jeha. That is how she changes. There is satisfaction and happiness in living for things other than revenge. Living honestly, living to positively connect with others, living not to be the last one standing or for the validation of others, but rather to live for one's own true freedom and happiness.

Amen to this! YJ's character development was brilliant in the drama. She was the only one who had a logical and real growth throughout the series

12 hours ago, perfectsmilebias said:

So despite everything they were able to build together in that short amount of time... all they were left with was "If only..."

I had to quote this as well! I mentioned this somewhere in my last posts. How their relationship started and ended with "if only...". It's really sad , they never had the chance to have a decent friendship. Even tho they managed to know each other so well during this little time, their place, timing and situation were always wrong unfortunately.... 

its been ahwile since i post on soompi, i'm still watching dramas but not so into them like i was on K2, i open today to post my first post and turn out to be simple rant on Goblin then i saw a notification somebody mentioned my name... hahahaha @perfectsmilebias what's up chingu, i even look what thread is this ahhaha thanks for the mentioned... 

K2 is the last drama that made me active on forum.. nice but funny to see that this thread still active.. ahhaha

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

@perfectsmilebias   Sweets!!! How are you and where the hell were you? You don't know how much I missed you and your posts. I came late after half a month of the final episode but didn't see your post regarding it. So I waited for you but you didn't showed up for a month, Hence I gave up on this thread and didn't even logged in to soompi as there was no news of JCW’s drama. Anyways, glad that you're back!! Don't dare to go off line again :tongue:

Thank you for your lovely words. And don't think you supported me any less. It was primarily because of you and a few YJ fans I used to come back again in this thread despite all those ‘friendly banters’ everyday. *hehe*

Wow, I must say, you're a true blue media student. The media analysis you did on page on 265 is an awesome read. Thank you for it.  It's a pity some of us have to watch these wonderful shows illegally because we really don't have the option of DF or Viki. In my country, DF app isn't available and Viki doesn't air its content because of the licence issues. So I'm left with watching it on sites like Kiss Asian or DramaCool . I regret it too but can't miss out on watching shows, isn't it? :/

Coming back to the drama, the reviews of banghae and anapher you posted are all spot on! A big thank you to the one who wrote it. Exact sentiments here. The guy/girl worded it so beautifully...the Gifs you posted of Jejin! You can see Jeha doesn’t sees her eye to eye. He was always a bit or more aware of her feelings towards him.  Just like you said, the only relationship they had was of ‘if only’ Sigh.. My Jejin came to an end with it.

I thought the same like you too. Jeha didn't wanted YJ to die. He persuaded her to get to the lift to save herself but she refuted. That was enough for me to know that he cared for her all this while. I was disappointed that JSJ was suddenly reformed and made to die with YJ as some kind of tragic lovers, I felt it was to calm/satisfy YJ fans who were hoping for her redemption and who knew she was going to die like us. But nevertheless that scene had me in tears! Plus the BG score wasn't helping either..

Also disappointed in Jeha’s revenge for that scum PKS, got away by hanging himself thorough his own subordinate whereas he should have been rotting in jail and the contents of the memory card were never revealed. Like so many people fought and died in the end for it  and we don't even know what it was and what did JeNa did with it? Who it was sent to? Too much of an abrupt ending… :/

On 4/5/2017 at 2:19 AM, siddo said:

@perfectsmilebias   Sweets!!! How are you and where the hell were you? You don't know how much I missed you and your posts. I came late after half a month of the final episode but didn't see your post regarding it. So I waited for you but you didn't showed up for a month, Hence I gave up on this thread and didn't even logged in to soompi as there was no news of JCW’s drama. Anyways, glad that you're back!! Don't dare to go off line again :tongue:

Thank you for your lovely words. And don't think you supported me any less. It was primarily because of you and a few YJ fans I used to come back again in this thread despite all those ‘friendly banters’ everyday. *hehe*

Wow, I must say, you're a true blue media student. The media analysis you did on page on 265 is an awesome read. Thank you for it.  It's a pity some of us have to watch these wonderful shows illegally because we really don't have the option of DF or Viki. In my country, DF app isn't available and Viki doesn't air its content because of the licence issues. So I'm left with watching it on sites like Kiss Asian or DramaCool . I regret it too but can't miss out on watching shows, isn't it? :/

Coming back to the drama, the reviews of banghae and anapher you posted are all spot on! A big thank you to the one who wrote it. Exact sentiments here. The guy/girl worded it so beautifully...the Gifs you posted of Jejin! You can see Jeha doesn’t sees her eye to eye. He was always a bit or more aware of her feelings towards him.  Just like you said, the only relationship they had was of ‘if only’ Sigh.. My Jejin came to an end with it.

I thought the same like you too. Jeha didn't wanted YJ to die. He persuaded her to get to the lift to save herself but she refuted. That was enough for me to know that he cared for her all this while. I was disappointed that JSJ was suddenly reformed and made to die with YJ as some kind of tragic lovers, I felt it was to calm/satisfy YJ fans who were hoping for her redemption and who knew she was going to die like us. But nevertheless that scene had me in tears! Plus the BG score wasn't helping either..

Also disappointed in Jeha’s revenge for that scum PKS, got away by hanging himself thorough his own subordinate whereas he should have been rotting in jail and the contents of the memory card were never revealed. Like so many people fought and died in the end for it  and we don't even know what it was and what did JeNa did with it? Who it was sent to? Too much of an abrupt ending… :/

Hey! So glad you came back too!!!! :love: 

tumblr_mz9e13hh8E1s4xvypo1_500.gif

Yeah, the stress of school and life just got to me, so I took a break... perhaps a too lengthy one lol... Now I'm posting some stuff on the thread of JCW's new drama Suspicious Partner! Though I'm not really into rom-coms at all, I still have to watch it since I'm a loyal fan. But I'm getting more and more excited about it, especially since Choi Tae Joon (2nd male lead) is JCW's real life friend and  the main lead actress is close to my age! hahaha! Still, I don't think I'll be self-inserting... I'll probably be just as analytical as I was with The K2.

I pray, pray, pray Suspicious Partner will not be disappointing, that JCW won't be stuck with a bland character, and that we'll actually get to see some of his star-quality acting chops! I am biased against rom-coms, so I'm not expecting too much, but I'm still hopeful!

And absolutely, Yoo-Jin's last scenes were heart breaking!!! She was truly the star of The K2! She was its heart and soul, and it's such a pity the writer and/or director didn't recognize that and seize the chance to make a truly memorable drama! Honestly, unlike other k-dramas that just come and go for me, The K2 was disappointing because it could have been so much more.

And yes, I was satisfied that Jeha wasn't a self-righteous prig until the end... that he cared for Yoo-Jin in a truly human way so much so that he basically crawled with his injuries to the foot of her bed and pleaded with her to save herself. That's not pity! That's not hate! That's respect and genuine feeling!

Still, the ending was incredibly messy and rushed, even more so than your typical k-drama ending. I really disliked how they made PKS kill himself and even had Jeha in that court hearing so that he could be officially declared "innocent". For f****'s sake! He's a mercenary. It's like The K2 wanted the military aesthetic popularized by Descendants of the Sun, but they wanted to make it darker so they made Jeha into a mercenary. But they didn't actually want to delve into the complicated and dark reality of what mercenaries represent. He was just an angsty rip-off of the walking military advertisement that was Song Joong Ki's character, with superficially portrayed PTSD added as a feeble attempt at characterization.

The whole Anna and Jeha do Something Big against The Corruption that The People don't know about at the end was laughable. The Subway product placement was just the cherry on top!

So glad Secretary Kim survived and got her revenge! And her revenge was real, not a cop-out like Jeha's!

Thanks for welcoming…:heart::wub:. Yes, I saw your posts there, I have been keeping check on that thread and I wish to post there too but I'm a bit skeptical. I'm nervous of a déjà vu happening there. I don't really have the strength to debate/argue with anyone who will hold a different opinion from mine and react harshly or say something which happened with K2. So I'm thinking hard whether to actually take part there or not.

Yes, I hope too NJW would be a firecracker and as a fan we would get to see variety of expressions and real emotions out of Wookie like Togon or Donghae. Jeha started as a mysterious guy but as show proceeded he was only left to be as Anna’s boyfriend. So I hope this time he would shine as the multi talented NJW and show us what he can do in lawyer's robes. And yes, No Park Bong Soo replay please, let PBS be in Healer; it should stay there. It's iconic anyways..

No doubts. The K2 = CYJ for me. Although the title was her bodyguard’s but she shined out and out. The only exciting part of K2 was she. Idk if not for CYJ how this series would have turned out. True, it could have been much more in sense, had the writer not been too indulged in making characters black and white and instead focused on the story..

Oh yes, how could I forget our Sec Kim! Damn! Hers was the best revenge dished out. She orders her men to grab that filthy CSW into the car, 3 sounds of bullet and she exit the car like a boss. That's how you take revenge, Jeha.. At least for your dear one...

This-

He was just an angsty rip-off of the walking military advertisement that was Song Joong Ki's character

Hahaha, you're so hilarious…Oh god, I.rofled. I agree KDrama endings are usually hush hush, Healer was one too. But at least everything sorted out there in the end. Can't say the same for K2. It had no tail. The whole act of Jeha forcing PKS to commit suicide to him being proven innocent in court by God knows which angle was made to make him appear saintly with compared to Anna’s angel image. Simply, to become deserving for her. That is where they actually lost the plot. They should have kept like they initially started his character.

• 2 weeks later...

I just watched this series belastedly and OMG it was really good! I guess I didn't want to watch it because of the dark and depressing looking poster and because I had no particular good associations with the actors but now I've got nothing to watch and wanted to give it a try and wow did I miss out!

Besides the main characters' good looks I'd like to say that this is almost the story about Madame Choi, how she became this greedy unhappy person, having been betrayed by her blood relatives and then her husband that she gave up everything to be with, and how in her bitterness she fell in love with K2 and remembered that she has not always been as she is and how in the end she went out in a blast.

The main characters were just like children who conquered their difficulties and became happy again but the "grown-ups'" story was so much more intriguing, it was brilliantly written and enacted. And everybody was just so beautiful.

On a side note I loved the little scenes where K2 was walking on the stree in Barcelona and a good looking young man tried to hook up with him while the boyfried of that man almost lost it bc he was so jealous XDD and also normally, if a married woman fell in love with a much younger man, and this is not a story about immoral romantic relationships, it would be kept quiet and maybe even become a threat towards the married woman while the young man might not even realize it, but in this drama they actually talked about it! like everyone knew and they even had a talk where he was like naw I like younger girls better (joke). AND where ppl like to fantasize about same sex relationships when men have very loyal male underlings or vice versa, the secretary practically confessed her love to Madame Choi and she was like yeah but I like that young man better! I laughed so hard at all those scenes XDDD

Archived