37 minutes ago, ObsessiveCompulsive said:

@bebebisous33 welcome welcome so nice to have you here again.

I think regardless of YT confessing her not, it's obvious from TM's end end that he has no interests in her past friendship. A guy wouldn't wait over 7 years to confess, especially seeing how he already is with JJ and showing complete interest. I think JJ might turn out to be a character with many layers or at least I hope. I hope the writer gives her more depth then the spoiled rich girl, who just goes shopping. When JJ took YT to get their nails done, thats when she should've told JJ that she liked TM. But, she didn't, so he was obviously fair game, JJ can't read YT's damn mind. I think I have a bias here hahahahaha:sweatingbullets:.  My point is YT has no right to treat JJ rudely just because of her appearance. 

No, I disagree. A long friendship can change at any time. Moreover I believe that TM has got so used to YT that he even didn't realise that YT had become the third wheel. To me, JJ is the one who looks down on YT all the time so that YT decided to speak her mind in the end. Who called whom in the episode 5? IT was JJ who wasn't worrying at all about YT, but she was mad at YT for not mentioning to her that her brother would date someone. JJ has no right to question YT and YT isn't obligated to answer her too. If JJ is upset, then she should ask her brother-in-law first and not involved a third party.

Was JJ nice, when she invited YT to the restaurant the day before she starts working? No, she wanted to meet TM and asked YT to leave earlier and she hadn't even finished eating. To me, it was rather rude and selfish. She was using YT as a tool. I haven't watched the last episode... Sure, YT can't consider TM as her property that's why she should have been more explicite first. Yet, JJ acts as if she is a good friend of YT and behind her back, she describes YT as boring. YT's tricks weren't great, on the other hand she had the decency to leave the club, when she noticed, she wasn't needed.  

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@bebebisous33, Hi there chingu so glad your joining us the More the Merrier :D

I didn't get a chance to watch episode 5 but will indeed as this drama is getting interested for my expertise :P but I also agree with @ObsessiveCompulsive and hoping the writer show more depth for JJ then just going shopping and looking down on YT because she has more to offer. I think once YT gets to know KSM as this drama continues she'll probably change her appearance and be more from having low self-esteem about herself. No I don't see JJ and KSM hooking up but then again I could be wrong. But as I was thinking maybe when JJ does meet KSM she's going to like him more then his brother KTM and probably chase after him, but it'll be too late because he'll already fall over heels for YT IMO.

"Five Children" sets new record

2016/03/06

photo698560.jpg

"Five Children" set a new record in just a week.

According to Nielsen Korea, the KBS 2TV drama "Five Children" rated 27.7%.

This is 4.1% more than the previous episode and a record breaker.

KBS 1TV "Jang Yeong-sil - Drama" rated 11.8% and MBC "Happy Home" rated 15.7%. SBS "Yeah, That's How It Is" rated 9.3%.

"Marriage Contract" starring Lee Seo-jin and UEE increased by 0.8% and rated 18.0%. Kim Seong-ryeong's SBS "Mrs. Cop 2" rated 9.3% which is just a 0.1% increase.

I just finished watching both episode 5 and 6.  MJ giving signs ST when being in a blind date.  it was hilarious.  Moreover,the in-laws are being over protective over ST (afraid of using him.).  It seemed the in-laws was somewhat in unfavorable person(s) with gang in the past.    It was interesting how MJ twisted ST when the golfer gained his weigh.   YT drunk scene with the golfer and JJ  was good.     It seemed the writer is setting YT and the golfer together.    I guess SY and HT was first love only to go different path.

The preview seemed to throw some scene to show something different than 6.  But episode 6, is also very good.     It was nice.   The father- in law cheated in the past, but picking him up and taking him to the car was good.    Another two key scene.    The first is the hospital scene with MJ and ST.    As they are working together, MJ started to fall asleep on his shoulder with his comment(s).   It was hilarious the way he handled it.  Although, he said that no one else gave him flutter feeling since his dead wife; but his reaction seemed to indicate he is uncomfortable with it.   In the same note, it was good to see flashback but also very funny when MJ falls asleep during MRI (Surprisingly!).     The next one is that MJ has no feeling and that she is living like a machine, and what we should be afraid is people ( To a degree this is so true.)   Every scene was very well made and put.    I cannot wait until next week when we see ST getting drunk and the in-laws sees MJ for the first time.   Just my quick observation.      

"Five Children" So Yoo-jin and Ahn Jae-wook get close, Goo Man-ri asks for divorce

Spoiler

photo698565.jpg

So Yoo-jin and Ahn Jae-wook became closer but there are many obstacles they have to face before they get remarried.

On the episode of the KBS 2TV drama "Five Children" on the 6th, Lee Sang-tae (Ahn Jae-wook) took pity of Ahn Mi-jeong (So Yoo-jin). They got closer as they spent a night up at the hospital.

Lee Sang-tae and Ahn Mi-jeong spent a night at the hospital. Lee Sang-tae worried about Ahn Mi-jeong who had to remain at the hospital and get her MRI tests done. Ahn Mi-jeong fell asleep on his shoulder.

Lee Sang-tae started taking pity of Ahn Mi-jeong. She was so tired she fell asleep while she got her MRI tests. Lee Sang-tae asked Ahn Mi-jeong if she was afraid of the tests. Ahn Mi-jeong said, "I am not scared, and even if I was, there's no one to listen to what I have to say. I just think of myself as a soul-less machine at home and at work. People are the scariest things. Children are even scarier".

Lee Sang-tae told his family that he had no means to get remarried. His sister-in-law asked him about the blind date he had and why he had spent a night out. Lee Sang-tae told her he didn't want to get remarried and then went to his dead wife's grave and told her he wouldn't get remarried.

Park Ok-sook (Song Ok-sook) and Oh Mi-sook (Park Hye-sook) went head to head with Lee Sang-tae's remarriage issues. Park Ok-sook and Jang Min-ho (Choi Min-ho) set out to consult Oh Mi-sook who wanted Lee Sang-tae to get remarried. Lee Sin-wook (Jang Yong) told Jang Min-ho and Park Ok-sook that he wouldn't make Lee Sang-tae go on a blind date by force.

Ahn Mi-jeong didn't get to take the weekend off because of housework. Still, she didn't let go of her work and called Lee Sang-tae who worried about her.

Meanwhile, "Five Children" is a comical drama about a single mom and a single dad who fall in love for the second time in their lives.

10 hours ago, suchadiva42 said:

@bebebisous33, Hi there chingu so glad your joining us the More the Merrier :D

I didn't get a chance to watch episode 5 but will indeed as this drama is getting interested for my expertise :P but I also agree with @ObsessiveCompulsive and hoping the writer show more depth for JJ then just going shopping and looking down on YT because she has more to offer. I think once YT gets to know KSM as this drama continues she'll probably change her appearance and be more from having low self-esteem about herself. No I don't see JJ and KSM hooking up but then again I could be wrong. But as I was thinking maybe when JJ does meet KSM she's going to like him more then his brother KTM and probably chase after him, but it'll be too late because he'll already fall over heels for YT IMO.

Thanks for the welcome, my dear chingu!!;)

That's exactly what I have been thinking. First, KTM is just a good looking teacher, while KSM has more to offer: good looking, famous and wealthy. He is exactly the type JJ would need, if she keeps living like that. KTM and KSM have similar names: is it a coincidence? However, KTM will realise how immature JJ is.

I agree with you that JJ needs to change. She's not so bad as she is able to love someone. She really loved her sister, but her arrogance and selfishness are her two major flaws. She needs to finish her studies and learn to work hard and not rely on her parents. In the end, she's just immature.

What really upset me with YT is that she has the same habit: her brother stole her money many times and she wasn't able to defend her savings and herself. Even in her family, she's not capable to defend herself. I was disappointed that she allowed her brother to take her money from her. She was present this time which is more revolting. That's why she can't fight back against JJ. She needs more backbone in my opinion.

After watching with subs, I don't like how ST in-laws and JJ treating him. It's been awhile since the death of his wife, I can't get over what ST father said to his in-laws about not sending him on a blind date again, why he can't go on a blind date after many years has passed. let alone JJ is telling his kids they're getting a mean step-mom in which that's not right for her to say a thing like that and knowing good and well what the kids reaction are going to be. All 3 of them are some selfish people's that doesn't care about no one's feelings but their own. And as u can see how JJ act towards YT when it comes down to feelings. btw" How can ST mother in law act like that when ST had to go and pick her husband up, then turns around and put him in the car from being with his mistress (cough, cough) :rolleyes: 

I have to say MJ is one bad sister to go in that MRI, see I'm claustrophobic and when I had to go thru one, I didn't waste no time getting my behind out of it and to the fact that I crawled out from the other end :D

@suchadiva42 I agree with you. I would say, they are inconsiderate towards ST. Yes, they lost their relative, yet none of them wants to visit her once a month. Isn't it that strange? Actually, this shows their selfishness. I do think, they miss their daughter and sister, but they keep living pretty well, whereas they don't allow ST to move on. 

They asked ST to move in after two years and not just after her death which proves to me that they became afraid, he might move on with his life and they would see less their grandchildren as they are only the grandparents from the mother's side. They have less rights compared to ST's parents. In reality, they are using ST as what they want the most is the grandchildren. Have you noticed that they said, they would keep the grandchildren incase ST would remarry? And to me, that's the point.

Therefore ST's in-laws are so determined to keep their grandchildren by their side, they want to cut ties with their own grandparents so that at some point, the grandchildren would ask to stay with them. They are fully aware that they are at the bottom of the chain. So by spoiling the grandchildren, they think, they can change their situation.

Interesting is that ST's mother and ST's in-laws might join forces, when ST is going to marry AMJ. She is the type what both mothers don't want: a divorced woman with children on her own!

And I was right with KTM and KSM!!! They're brothers.

Oh yeah  and if I fail to mention...this is my favorite family drama right now.. he he I mentioned in my previous. Am I the only one who doesn't like JJ? I think so. Ha.  YT needs a makeover and a bit of pizzaz. I'm not familiar with of the actors here never seen any of their drama. Well except prolly for the ST brother (the broke director) I think he was the guy the drama Persevere Gu Hae Ra?

I'm watching the drama on KBSW so I'm 1 week 2 episodes delayed.. but if 5-6 sub now. I'm gonna watch :)

@bebebisous33 They mentioned that it was ST that wanted to move in with in laws after his wife dead because that was her last request from him, she wanted him to take care of her parents. Since they lived with his parents when she was alive, she wanted him to live with her parents in her absences.

I think the major problem with all of this is ST. He is not ready to move on yet by any means, and that is why everyone is taking advantage of that. I understand his mother wanting him to be happy and love again but he simply isn't ready and she is pushing too hard, like the father said. But lets also be honest that she feels her son is being stolen by the in laws so thats why she's trying to get him remarried and that approach simply won't work. The in laws are indeed selfish as well, they want to hold on to ST as a means to hold on to the memory of their dead daughter, and of course they feel they will lose their grand children if he remarries. But, I believe once ST finds love again he will be fighting for it. But, because he doesn't have that will yet, I guess everyone will just argue about the big "if".

When you look at the dynamic of JJ's family it is clear that she was not a "favored" child. Her coming home at 12am and her parents not even being aware whether she is in bed or out shows that they hardly know what she is up to. So maybe just maybe her selfishness and arrogance comes from her having to raise herself. Maybe she acts like a brat because it gets her more attention and noticed by everyone. Where as YT is the youngest, cherished loved by her two older brothers and parents who are seemingly normal. That's why i say the writer needs to build up JJ's character and let us see more to relate with.

I find it so hypocritical that they don't want their divorced, single father of two son to marry a divorced, single mom hahahaa. Really is he supposed to get a 25 year old virgin?? this double standard is absolutely absurd and ridiculous. 

5 minutes ago, jongski said:

Oh yeah  and if I fail to mention...this is my favorite family drama right now.. he he I mentioned in my previous. Am I the only one who doesn't like JJ? I think so. Ha.  YT needs a makeover and a bit of pizzaz. I'm not familiar with of the actors here never seen any of their drama. Well except prolly for the ST brother (the broke director) I think he was the guy the drama Persevere Gu Hae Ra?

I'm watching the drama on KBSW so I'm 1 week 2 episodes delayed.. but if 5-6 sub now. I'm gonna watch :)

I don't hate JJ, but I don't like her very much as she represents everything I hate: selfishness, rude, manipulative and immature. Yet, she loved her sister, but not deeply enough to visit her sister's ashes! 

What I like in this drama is that no one is really evil. It doesn't have the ingredients for makjang which I rather dislike. Too unreal for me... still, this drama looks more real in my opinion. I am also glad that ST and MJ are not falling in love so quickly, but he sees her flaws right away.

@bebebisous33, Yes chingu they're brothers and heard it all how the in-laws talking behind ST back about keeping the grandkids with them if he were to marry again (hell) they don't even want the kids around ST parents it's alway an excuse with his mother-in-law but hopefully that'll all change down the line.

@jongski, You're not the only one this is my favorite drama at the moment and will be looking forward to this weekend.

46 minutes ago, ObsessiveCompulsive said:

@bebebisous33 They mentioned that it was ST that wanted to move in with in laws after his wife dead because that was her last request from him, she wanted him to take care of her parents. Since they lived with his parents when she was alive, she wanted him to live with her parents in her absences.

I think the major problem with all of this is ST. He is not ready to move on yet by any means, and that is why everyone is taking advantage of that. I understand his mother wanting him to be happy and love again but he simply isn't ready and she is pushing too hard, like the father said. But lets also be honest that she feels her son is being stolen by the in laws so thats why she's trying to get him remarried and that approach simply won't work. The in laws are indeed selfish as well, they want to hold on to ST as a means to hold on to the memory of their dead daughter, and of course they feel they will lose their grand children if he remarries. But, I believe once ST finds love again he will be fighting for it. But, because he doesn't have that will yet, I guess everyone will just argue about the big "if".

When you look at the dynamic of JJ's family it is clear that she was not a "favored" child. Her coming home at 12am and her parents not even being aware whether she is in bed or out shows that they hardly know what she is up to. So maybe just maybe her selfishness and arrogance comes from her having to raise herself. Maybe she acts like a brat because it gets her more attention and noticed by everyone. Where as YT is the youngest, cherished loved by her two older brothers and parents who are seemingly normal. That's why i say the writer needs to build up JJ's character and let us see more to relate with.

I find it so hypocritical that they don't want their divorced, single father of two son to marry a divorced, single mom hahahaa. Really is he supposed to get a 25 year old virgin?? this double standard is absolutely absurd and ridiculous. 

I agree with you about ST. Since he is so passive, he allows his relatives to take advantage of him. I really like ST's father because he is more sensitive than his wife.

You are right for JJ. This didn't strike me. So she is neglected as her older sister was the pride of her family. Yet her situation shouldn't be an excuse for her immature behaviour. As for YT, I see it differently. YT is the baby of her family, yet no one in her family knew about her crush. I mean, she has been friend with KTM for 7 years and her family has never realised it. To me, it seems that KTM has never visited her at home. I would say, YT has been neglected too but in a different way. She never told her parents about her brother who would take her money away which proves that she had to rely on herself and was never close to her mother. In my opinion, YT has always been serious and worked hard which is the reason why her mother and father would never worry about her. Why should they, if YT is a nice girl and doesn't act like an immature brat? In my opinion, she wasn't complimented enough from her family, they took her behaviour for granted. Since they didn't pay much attention to her and never complimented her, she has developped an inferiority complex.

The in-laws could compensate their neglect by giving money to JJ which is the reason why she spends so much money, but YT's parents couldn't act like that. I also think, the surroundings matter too: she indeed has two selfish parents and she must have witnessed it as a child so that she copied their behavior. YT has different parents: they are less selfish, both are hardworking.

Guest snowpanda

I love this drama so far. Thats the kind of family drama i've been searching for^^
I love the chemestry between the two leads, I can't wait to see more of their interaction,
And also all the other characters and their storys are interesting too. I'm really curious how everything will continue from here on. I need more of all of them^^

I hope it stays this good, if it does it will definetly become one of my favourite family dramas^^

As this is a 50 episode weekend drama, the characters are always "over the top", otherwise there wont be enough material for the writers to exploit on. So far so good, as I'm not hating any character and I expect there'll be enough time for their development. I'm loving all the actors here as I've seen enough of them in weekend dramas.

I just want to add that the actress playing YT is actually very beautiful (in NTOG, she was Lim Soo Hyang's stepsister). Her stylist made her look "awful" for this role. I hope with KSM 's guidance, she'll be transformed later to outclass JJ in LOOKS which will awaken KTM.  As KSM is KTM's loving brother(can see their bromance already), I dont think he'll be interested in YT. Furthermore, she isn't his TYPE anyway.:DI still maintain that YT will end up with KTM (they are soulmates) and JJ will either end up being alone or with KSM!:wub:

I want to HIGHLIGHT the fact that this drama is part of a trend in recent Kdramas where the the theme is about remarriage. Previously there were very few such dramas. I'm very glad that widows, widowers and divorcees are given another chance for happiness as Koreans, like other Asian countries generally frown on such remarriages. 5 Children fighting!:heart: 

@gladys57 @LavelyShai About the romance between KSM and YT: I believe, the writer might keep both options open for a while. YT might end up either with KSM or KTM. I believe, KTM didn't see YT as a woman because he has known her for so long. Yet, with KSM's intervention, KTM might change his point of view about YT. So in my opinion, KSM is used as a tool in order to make KTM realise what he has lost. But since YT has always loved KTM for so long, YT will never see that KSM is falling for her because she will act differently compared to his former girlfriends. KSM has always had the upperhand in his relationships (that's why he cheated on them), but YT won''t be fall for him so easily which will push him to act differently. But YT will always have KTM in her mind the whole time which will upset KSM. He is used to be admired, but this won't work for YT. But as time passes on, YT might see KSM in a different light. However, JJ's pride will be hurt, when she notices that KTM and KSM are falling for YT and she can't stop it. This will force her to change her behaviour.

First, I had thought, KTM would recognise YT as a beautiful woman and try to become her boyfriend later, but the conversation between ST and AMJ about his younger sister and her future boyfriend while looking at KSM's pictures leads me to believe that the chances are higher for that couple (KSM-YT) as AMJ was complaining about KSM's behaviour. Yet, I can imagine that the writer might try to wait in order to see which couple viewers want to see: YT-KSM or YT-KTM.

8 hours ago, gladys57 said:

I just want to add that the actress playing YT is actually very beautiful (in NTOG, she was Lim Soo Hyang's stepsister). Her stylist made her look "awful" for this role. I hope with KSM 's guidance, she'll be transformed later to outclass JJ in LOOKS

Yeah.. like I mentioned in previous post.. she needs a make over..  she's kinda plain jane right now but.. she's young and  as @bebebisous33 said there's a bit of inferiority complex with her she needs to be assertive without  having JJ rude behavior.

And looking at this twt.. deserves RT here.

RT Kinda hooked on 'five enough' damnnnn.. That drama is so funny yet sad at the same time (Cr: nozumolee)

And yes.. it's fav family drama right now.

Feels like YT JJ KSM KTM.. becoming the second leads in this drama.. oh the younger ones! Ha ha. :D

But the main lead and story is with the widow father ST w/ 2 kids and divorce mother MJ with 3 kids....

Well.... two + three = Five Enough.. Five Children.. hence the sum of all goodness :P 

Archived