@LavelyShai @evie7 @suchadiva42

But IC has no real contact with his own children. So how can he manipulate them? I mean, to me, as soon as the children discover that he has been living around, they will be upset. AMJ isn't alone. The grandmother is there and can speak for AMJ. That's why I doubt that IC might try to make AMJ look bad. So far, it is IC's mother-in-law who is hurting AMJ the most. 

I suspect something else first: IC's second wife is trying to get pregnant and her mother told her that IC might not want another child. So I have been thinking that KMY will try to get pregnant, but she will fail. Then at some point, I can see that she might try to get IC's children... to me, she appears as a greedy person. IC appears to be lacking: he can be easily persuaded so that he might fight for custody.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am late to this forum--Just finished watching episodes 1-6 -- very enjoyable- a nice group of set up episodes establishing the the very likable OTP MJ & ST who you can't help but cheer on-- they both clearly deserve another chance at happiness ST - and a real chance at happiness MJ.

Looks like the future "battle lines" have been established from which the angst will flow for this great OTP.
-- ST parents and in-laws have very little in common EXCEPT no future wife for ST who has been divorced or already has children- MJ to a tee.
-- ST children are already getting the step mother fear driven into them by ST SIL JJJ.
-- MJ children adore their father and still not aware that their parents have divorced- this will take time for them to adjust - time they could have already had if MJ had been more truthful upfront- unfortunately MJ will learn the meaning of the expression "hindsight is 20 20" once she opens her heart to ST and they start dating.

I like that for both OTPs their new loves will be almost the exact opposite of their previous husband/wife- at least from what I have so far understand.
---MJ ex husband does not appear to have been a serious provider, or caring husband - resulting in MJ to have had to harden her actual sweetness to ensure family is taken care of.  ST is both a great provider and caring loving man.
--ST deceased wife has been shown as very sweet and caring- not the MJ ST is currently seeing- but as above - I think under MJ current outward appearance their is a very sweet caring woman -- MJ already alluded to ST in episode 6 that she is now a machine only to get through the day and support her family.

In addition to the OTP I am currently looking forward to how things will develop between LYT & KSM.  They haven't even started yet --but I am already rooting for them- think this will be the couple who provides some relief for viewers --once the OTP start dating and running into almost all their close family being at first against them - Parents, In-Laws, children, brother, perhaps even ST sister, but for sure his SIL.

@Kfan7172, Welcome aboard and to me your not late, your right on time the More the Merrier.

I like the run down u gave on about the OTP and I couldn't agree more :D

I'm with u with SM/YT who hasn't even starting dating and will be looking forward to their interacting. but definitely is prepared to see how SM will be barring down with his flamboyant self and stepping/changing into YT's territory.

I'm going to bet on a low number episode's 10 to 15, my reasons being that the drama is based on what happens with this blended family and if they try working out all the problems they could have before marriage they just might give up. All of the pressure would be focused on not letting them marry and not what a family of five kids will bring. So I expect an early marriage and lots of hijinks to follow.

I watched todays episode over again with 90% subbed at viki and Gma actions may have made her feel better but it brought humiliation and embarrassment to MJ not only did she get slapped as well but the ex friend mother cut off the child support money for the month unless she got on her knees and apologized for what her Gma did. These actions are another reason I think the wedding will be sooner rather than later. KSY mother is already trying to get her pregnant to force the husband to focus less on his old family and only worry about the new one. Once MJ remarries she will have all the new in law's as well as the kids. MJ's son will have a hard time but it won't take long for him to see the difference in what kind of man his dad is. ST in-laws have no interest in separating from their SIL so they will be apart of the new family as well.  This is where the drama i think will mostly focus.With MJ no longer needing to depend on the child support money the less important the ex-husband will become.

Guest ororomunroe

@evie7 cheers on picking my number :P

I've watched ep 7 with 90% subs as well and I take back what I said earlier. Her ex friend is not weak or meek at all. Where did she get the nerve to ask her to kneel and apologise? :angry: I really hope her marriage fails big time. No pregnancy and her husband starts yearning for his ex wife. That's what I want to see lol

@Kfan7172 @suchadiva42 I'm on board too with YT and SM this is second lead otp.. seems like. Fireworks will be funny between them if  just based from their first encounter. And YT is like her brother in the sense that she's mild and understanding and caring_ KSM is good for her and she's good for him :)

@IBELIS  wow episode 10-15 for marriage? yes yes MJ doesn't need to depend on with that child support.. it's not even him sending that one. On the kids side.... MJ kids will have have hard time adjusting.. especially oldest boy of MJ.

@ororomunroe that ex friend -she's more authoritative than guy. If she can't pregnant, she'll likely influence of would want  ex hubby of MJ to get the kids.

8 hours ago, LavelyShai said:

@bebebisous33

I was speaking on the possibility that when things blow up and the kids find out, Mi Jung will allow that visitation. In reality, once they know their dad is in Korea and never went to the States then it'll be hard to keep them away. Now that I think about it, I think his MIL may be the one to do the manipulating, she already comes off that way since she told her daughter to get pregnant despite In Chul not wanting anymore children. If I'm going to be honest, I despise women like this. I do not like it when they attempt to use a child to keep a man close especially when they know he has no interest in having any children. If she does fail (she may) then I can also see her trying to get his kids to 'make' things better between them. This is their problem, they blame Mi Jung for their problems when they fail to realize they should have never entered into their relationship in the way they did. Soon Young's mother is steady telling her she needs to get pregnant then things will get better when in fact it'll get worse, but then she'll become deceptive and do everything in her power to hurt Mi Jung in the way she 'hurt' her. 

Word, I could not have said that any better. 

55 minutes ago, ororomunroe said:

@evie7 cheers on picking my number :P

I've watched ep 7 with 90% subs as well and I take back what I said earlier. Her ex friend is not weak or meek at all. Where did she get the nerve to ask her to kneel and apologise? :angry: I really hope her marriage fails big time. No pregnancy and her husband starts yearning for his ex wife. That's what I want to see lol

panda-emoticon-05.gifREALLY!!! I haven't had a chance to watch it yet but let me add that I hope her hair falls out She is a little richard simmons. SMH, SMH.

@ororomunroe and @evie7 Her ex-friend has even the nerve to call herself a friend of AMJ. When AJM's daughter asked her who she was, she wanted to introduce herself as her friend!!

I also want her marriage to fail. She is just a spoiled brat in the end, her mother does anything to support her. Actually, she should have cut ties with her, but no she supported her daughter. 

@IBELIS What should I write for the bet? episode 15 for example... Because you have to write an exact number!!

About ST and MJ: I find their love story interesting. It is not love at first side which would have been weird. LST gets to know AMJ through work and he notices her qualities: hardworking, a lot of good ideas, dedicated aso. She made him laugh but his heart hasn't fluttered yet. Nonetheless he has become more comfortable with her. Then he discovers little by little her real situation as a divorced mother which will awake his instincts: protect the weak/sensitive one. We know that he was tender to his wife who could act as a sensible person, but he has realised that AMJ can't do it like his deceased wife.

In the episode 7, he didn't intervene with the slap, the apology, still he tried to comfort her and give her mental support. Yet I am expecting at some point he will put a stop to the abuse because he won't stand it any longer. His protective instincts will increase, while the attraction might start again. Through AMJ's situation, he is able to notice people around him and what others have to bear. 

Guest snowpanda

So, I finally watched ep 7, and the grandmother really is to much, I mean I get why she is mad, she has every right to be, what they did was bad, but there are things you just shouldn't do. So-Youngs mother is the same, one should know when to stop,it is never going to stop if they all continue this mess of this person did this so I'm going to do this or something worse, it's not like  Mi-Jung had anything to do with this... and even saying they won't give the child support if she doesn't kneel thats horible. but I don't really get how they think they can get through with it, because as far as I know, you have to pay the child support and can't just say you won't pay because you don't like the other person....

nor smething good,^^ I love how the relationship between MiJung and SangTae is going. He is always worried about her which  is so cute, even coming to ride the bike with her^^ I love that she can be just a person, a woman, with him,cause she really seems to have no one to talk to at all and this must be really hard on a person, even towards her grandmother she has to be careful about what she's saying. 
I don't think SangTae realized how much he really likes her yet,^^ I'm really curious whats going to happen in the next episode, the preview sounds promising ;) (though when the preview sounds promising they often make it into something completely diffenrent in the actual episode, so my hopes aren't too high^^;)

Now, in the episode 8, we witnessed the heart of LST flattering. In the episode before, he even started looking at an attractive woman while jogging... but now, he is really attracted to AMJ.

I am glad that AMJ didn't kneel down cheerleader pink mouse in front of her ex-friend and ex-husband! boxer pink mouse So Young hasn't really realised what she did wrong to me. She doesn't really repent for her sin and her husband seems to be so weak!! No wonder that AMJ is so tough. She had to be the ironman in her family, even when she was married. I am quite sure about it.

Now, So young's mother seems to have developed a new scheme in order to hurt AMJ. The more she pushes AMJ, the more LST will feel concern and at some point, he will intervene!

@snowpanda @IBELIS@snowpanda @IBELIS having now also seen episode 7 with subs - I agree with you on MJ Grandmother and also like the way MJ ST are now moving forward.

While JSA has now escalated the natural bad feelings between the two households (MJ - YCI/KSY) into the current timeframe-- for JSA there has not been 3 years to deal with the situation- to her this is fresh pain - and she is reacting totally from the emotional "gut" level, rather then the thinking weighing reactions mind.  It is unfortunate that her actions will make things worse for MJ, but understandable given how fresh her pain is.

@snowpanda @Bebebisous33 I agree and also like how MJ ST are moving forward. @snowpanda  @bebebisous33

The  JSA slap incident, followed by KSY mother LJS slapping MJ has led to a sweet connecting and better understanding between MJ & ST.  Thanks to ST, MJ had a chance to release her pent up emotions in a healthy manner, so they would not fester allowing that one incident to become even more painful.

Additional Note - Marriage Vote - I project between episodes 40-45 -- so will state Episode 43 for the wedding.
-- Would prefer sooner - but at this point can't see it happen-- so many things for MJ ST to get through for their relationship and the happy merger of their children into one family.

@bebebisous33, Oh chingu I love your gifs :D

I agree I am so glad MJ didn't do as their command by kneeling down. but I did noticed how IC is one scary cat whenever MJ comes around or stands in front of him, that joker looks like he's about to die by MJ hands. and lest not forget he also looks like he'd swallowed something and can't bring it back up from the expression on his face while he's looking at MJ, I'll tell you that is one serious punk lmao.

Here is the new bet list!

@Howlongwillthisfandomlast: episode 20

@jongski episode 23

@bebebisous33, @LavelyShai: episode 25

@noyha29: episode 26

@ororomunroe, @tikamacika @evie7: episode 27

@snowpanda@gladys57:  episode 30

@suchadiva42: episode 35

@ObsessiveCompulsive: episode 40

@Kfan7172: episode 43

Thanks for your participation!:wub:

JJ really annoyed me when she picked up YT. She is really playing with KTM's feelings and he was really hurt. 

2 minutes ago, suchadiva42 said:

@bebebisous33, Oh chingu I love your gifs :D

I agree I am so glad MJ didn't do as their command by kneeling down. but I did noticed how IC is one scary cat whenever MJ comes around or stands in front of them, that joker looks like he's about to die by MJ hands. and lest now forget he also looks like he'd swallowed something and can't bring it back up from the expression on his face while he's looking at MJ, I'll tell you that is one serious punk lmao.

Yes, that's why I see him as weak. No wonder he could be seduced so easily. So Young is also a determined woman behind her sensitive attitude. She knows what she wants, but unlike AMJ she is hiding her true personality while acting cute and smiling. 

Now, he has to deal with a beastie mother-in-law... ;) At some point, I hope, she will release her anger against YIC and not AMJ any longer. And I am also hoping that So young will be so disappointed with her weak husband that she wants to get rid of him as a toy you want to throw away.  

Thanks a lot for the compliment with the gifs!! happy leaf

4 hours ago, snowpanda said:

I don't think SangTae realized how much he really likes her yet,^^

I get that feeling too. I haven't watch both episodes yet.. cos I'm waiting for the subs... he likes her!  yeeeeh! gleeful! :D

38 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

Now, in the episode 8, we witnessed the heart of LST flattering. In the episode before, he even started looking at an attractive woman while jogging... but now, he is really attracted to AMJ.

Yes for LST.. finally he needs to see see that life is beautiful.. that  he will like someone, he will eventually fall for someone.. and that's AMJ. That by liking another woman doesn't mean forgetting his wife or betraying her. It's been five years. He talks to her, he speaks his mind. But LST is such a good man. A kind one. I want for him to feel like he's not alone.

Same for AMJ as wel. I want for her to feel she can lean on to him.. yeah emotionally too. LST know what it's like the raise children w/o your spouse by your side..This is their struggle. They been  immersed in  their  own world raising their children. Making sure they grow up well and good and happy even with just being solo parent.  

If I made sense at all... :)

Oh yeah... I just realized .. Shin Hye Sun aka YT was the girl  in the KDW movie Violent Prosecutor ( lurking there kinda want to see kdw.. Ye know just cos. ha ha). Cheering for her as YT in this drama.

I borrowed the pics and bit of the article (kkjulaem) from that thread. Thanks and credit to @badsmuler and @lyrayoo

Spoiler

2. [+1,282, -42] What the? Kang Dong Won, Lee Jong Seok and Kang Ha Neul~ Her luck with guys is exploding~~~

3. [+1,011, -70] She's bursting with so much charms. I can tell she's gonna be big

m221.jpg

Guest snowpanda

I loved todays episode, it was so much fun xD MiJung and SangTae bickering is the best xD The scene at the beginning in the park and at the end when they are at the police station made really laugh xD poor MiJung :D
Sangtae really doesn't realize that he has started to like her. Even thinking something is wrong with his heart^^ but I think he also  doesn't really want to realize it, because he would feel bad for his wife..

the realtionship between TaeMin and SangMin is also quite sweet. I love how they where standing in the kitchen and just talking to each other but also not talking to each other and jsut venting about their problems with the girls xD and when they are finished they just go nack to beeing sweet and encouraging each other xD

@bebebisous33 yes she did, and MiJung got caught. stupid mother of SoYoung even told her daughter not to pick up the phone when MiJung called, because if she had said that she is going to return it, they would have to cancel the report.... 

Archived