My favorite family drama right now. I agree with everyone this is good. I've been watching on KBSW :)

The title they have is Five Enough so I keep referring to that instead of Five Children. He he.

@gladys57 kbws is showing. Wang's Family. I guess it's re run. Been watching it.  :)

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay 'fess up. I've no idea who Sung Hoon is but other mentioning him and I got curious. I saw the photo and I'm like whoa! *hearts flashing in my eyes* but his acting  gotta be impressive other wise..  never mind. Ha ha. Has he appeared in any other drama?

-------

Ugh.. the in laws like controlling ST. I mean, he should move out of MiL house already. Always waiting for ST when he's coming home like he's 9 yr old kidI like the children.. they bring out the good vibes and it evens out sad parts as was mentioned earlier.

2 hours ago, jongski said:

My favorite family drama right now. I agree with everyone this is good. I've been watching on KBSW :)

The title they have is Five Enough so I keep referring to that instead of Five Children. He he.

@gladys57 kbws is showing. Wang's Family. I guess it's re run. Been watching it.  :)

@jongski,

Wang Family holds the record as the highest rated KBS Weekend drama (49+ % almost hitting 50%) after beating My Daughter is Seo Young. I love both but Wang Family remains my number 1 weekend drama. I was very active on that thread with @suchadiva42.

Sung Hoon became popular recently after Oh My Venus, but he was the best Newcomer for his SBS weekend drama, New Tales of Gisaeng. I watched that after I like him as the ACE Swimmer in Cool Kidz On The Block and Oh My Venus. NTOG is awesome as it was well written and I've spotted a few of his fans here like @ororomunroe(wave, wave!) & @evie7. Of course his webtoon drama, Noble My Love is just squee worthy as it really propelled him to his current popularity. I highly recommend Noble My Love as its 20 ep has only 15 min each & you get to see the OTP's highly charged chemistry 80% of the time! 

@ObsessiveCompulsive, hi! We met on Oh My Venus Thread! From the presscom photo sessions, I'm sure Sung Hoon will be paired with Lim Soo Hyang (a repairing of their 2011 SBS drama, NTOG as they were the OTP).

I'm loving every character of this drama so far and will keep supporting it till the end!:heart:

By the way, thank you @LavelyShai for starting this thread. I kept looking out for it way before it started and was wondering why nobody wanted to start it. As for myself, I cant do it as I'm very busy and my IT skill isn't good.:blush:

8 hours ago, gladys57 said:

@suchadiva42, a big wave to you.

I'm loving this drama like you. I hope it's as good as Wang Family!

Watching this for Sung Hoon and Ahn Jae Wook.

@gladys57, Oh my chingu "waving back to you as well" :D 

Don't forget on the Wang Family Drama Lavelyshai was also active along with us ;)

Yes I'm loving this drama and they isn't wasting no time for the leads interacting right from the start as you mentioned I also like Ahn Jae Wook who never cease to amaze me in what he does best. Well I started out by watching the first episode and will indeed watch the last one as well in which I'm in for the long haul and is ready :P

@LavelyShai, chingu I agree about ST's in-laws and its getting to a point where they're rubbing me the wrong way of me not like them :rolleyes: what the in-laws need to do is let ST decide for himself of when he should meet another woman that's willing to love him and his kids.

And as for MJ I also felt bad how she reminisced, on how her cheating husband as well as her so called best friend did her then held it for 4 yrs like u said. It a very hurtful thing whenever MJ talks about it, and probably felt though she won't find another man like that, but after she's been interacting with ST. She'll become one happy woman before this drama ends as I'm loving those two since day one.

I Just finished watching the first five episodes and what a joy, the best thing is I don't think we will have a lot of in-law drama. With five kids their is no way they will live with his family so more than likely MJ:s mom will be the main care giver. Since each household has a reason to want ST and MJ around I think they will be a blended family, with only MJ ex not get much time but he will start a new family with the new wife. 

6 hours ago, gladys57 said:

@jongski,

Wang Family holds the record as the highest rated KBS Weekend drama (49+ % almost hitting 50%) after beating My Daughter is Seo Young. I love both but Wang Family remains my number 1 weekend drama. I was very active on that thread with @suchadiva42.

Enjoying watching that drama yesterday. kbsw aired ep 10-12.. when they went night fishing..was lol a lot. oopsie sorry for OT. Just wanted to share

2 hours ago, suchadiva42 said:

Yes I'm loving this drama and they isn't wasting no time for the leads interacting right from the start as you mentioned I also like Ahn Jae Wook who never cease to amaze me in what he does best. Well I started out by watching the first episode and will indeed watch the last one as well in which I'm in for the long haul and is ready

I was kinda crushing on him watching the drama. Ha ha ha.:D

Again just for comparison to YTHII, the in laws controlling their son in law and daughter in law. I'm checking out the other drama too. What's wrong with these in laws?!  I'm still  feeling weird though  ep 3  MJ facing  her ex and the girlfriend who was her friend.. that's gotta be tough.

Guest ororomunroe

@gladys57 hi! *waves back* glad to see you joining us. I'm watching 3 weekend dramas atm and this is my current fave. Hoping it stays this good til the end.

Ep 5 - I laughed at how shocked the in-laws were about their SIL going on a blind date. They didn't really think that he would stay single forever, right? And their daughter going after her sister-in-law like that was shameful. They're all such selfish people smh

Still not that interested in the second brothers storyline but I like the woman who works at their shop. I'm guessing they'll get together in the end.

@ororomunroe I don't think they mean to be selfish I think they just haven't coped with the loss of their daughter and it's even harder since they love their son in law like their own son. I also remember him mentioning that his late wife asked him to take care of her parents, so it's just a difficult situation for everyone. It's always easier for the parents with the living child to want their child to move on and be happy, because their child is alive. But, the death of a child is something that stays with you forever, you never get over it although it gets easier to cope. Her parents seeing the man their daughter loved and the children who loved her loving someone new though its something thats going to happen is heartbreaking to them. I think Jin Joo misses her sister, and she sees things from a woman's perspective like if she died and her husband was going on a blind date. Also, as JJ mentioned her sister was really good to his family, she treated them better and did things for them she never did her own family. I think this is why this show is so heart warming, because you can sympathize with everyone and at the end of the day we're  just rooting for everyone to be happy. 

On side note I actually think if the son in law was ever serious about going on blind dates or had a serious person he would respect his in laws enough to let them know. But, because he did this to appease his mom, he didn't want to upset them. 

The sister Yun Tae, actually annoys me a lot. I hate that she acts like Jin Joo stole something from her when she didn't confess for 7 years? seriously 7 freakin' years? Well a guy who was into you wouldn't wait 7 years for "you" to confess. I feel she is so fake, I hate her snarky comments, she seems like those people who are mean to others just because of their inferiority complex, and i personally can't stand that. So how will I ever watch my Sung Joon if his partnered up with this chick? This is like OMV all over again. Love Sung Joon but hate most of his female co-stars!

@ObsessiveCompulsive, I'm with u chingu about Yeon Tae who was actually getting on my nerves in today's episode, complaining about liking Tae Min when he or Jin Joo doesn't even know nothing about it and was talking trash. But like u said why wait for 7 yrs and look she still hasn't confess and with all that whinning is unnecessary if u ask me. In the next episode I see YT contacting Sang Min and for the looks of it, I think they might be paired up together while Tae Min/Jin Joo becomes a couple as well. 

@suchadiva42 and @ObsessiveCompulsive, I think Kim Sang Min (Sung Hoon's character) will end up with Jin Joo (Lim Soo Hyang) judging from the presscom photos as they posed together. In Sung Hoon's facebook page, he mentioned about a complicated relationship which he hated in real life but could be resolved in the drama.:blush:

I've already watched for a second time and will watch a 3rd for the parts not yet subbed. The thing I noticed this time was how so many of the characters have suffered a loss of family. We have ST and his in laws who have lost a wife, daughter and sister, MJ and SY have lost their parents and YT and her parents have lost a SIL/DIL. I think because of all this loss the characters will be more prone to keeping their relationships.

I agree that YT will end up with SM but I don't think things will work out that well for JJ and TM because JJ is more flashy and non serious this will let TM see what he lost in YT. After all it would be boring if all the couples worked out. Plus I don't believe for a moment that he never had a clue about how YT felt about him even if he didn't feel the same way. sometimes you don't realize what you have lost until it's gone.  

I think Soon Ae may be the 1 who divorce In Chul when she realize that In Chul may not have any intention to have a kid with her and his heart is still with his kids. 

I am hoping for JJxTM (they have more chemistry than YTxTM).

Judging from the presscom photos, I'm 90% sure our model Kim Sang Min will eventually end up with Jin Joo. To me they will make an awesome couple. They will clash at the beginning which will make their romance more exciting. I just cant wait for KSM to PUT Jin Joo "in her place". Dont forget this is a 50 ep drama and we've yet to see them meet. Their interaction will be explosive. This will be a reunion pairing for them since NTOG.

By the way, the actress acting as YT  was Dan Saran's sister in NTOG. No wonder they were pretty close during the presscom.:wub:

@ororomunroe @suchadiva42 @ObsessiveCompulsive I have finally joined this thread... usually I am avoiding long dramas like that because they are often too makjang! But this drama is different in the sense that no-one is really evil as such. All have their flaws but they show qualities. Yet some have more flaws than others, that's for sure.

About Yeon Tae and her love for Tae Min: Well, I can see where she is coming from. Sure, someone might say that she waited for too long, The reason could be that she has such an inferiority complex therefore she didn't dare to confess to him, but the problem was that Tae Min had always been acting like a friend. To me, I had the impression, she didn't want to ruin their friendship if she declared her love for him. But after they had dansed together, he complimented her by saying she was cute which YT saw it as a signal, he was seeing her as a woman and less as a friend. After meeting JJ, TM said many times, JJ was cute which really shows that YT had every reason to think, she might have a chance. Unfortunately, she missed the timing and her huge mistake was not to claim TM for herself. By giving him the tie, this would have sent a signal to JJ that YT was interested in TM, but she hadn't the confidence to do so. In that scene, she revealed her huge inferiority complex.

On the other hand, JJ is really selfish and tactless. She uses YT in order to get close to TM and she doesn't even ask what kind of relationship she has with TM. In reality, she isn't interested to know if YT has feelings for TM. I don't think, she really cares. JJ has always looked down on YT adding more fuel to the fire (YT's inferiority complexe). Sure, JJ misses her sister, but she doesn't allow YT and her family to move on, while she tries to live to the fullest. Actually, JJ is enjoying life, but she doesn't allow the in-laws to do so. JJ is really selfish. TM could have caught her hypocrisie, when she described YT as boring. IF she was such a good friend, you wouldn't make such a remark about your friend behind her back. TM is too smitten by JJ because she is attractive, but behind her appearances, she has not much to offer.

I am hoping that KMS will help YT to find her confidence. She is intelligent and has a job. It's just that she needs to change her appearance. I really wish that YT would become more attractive in order to put her in her place. JJ shouldn't look down on YT.

As for JJ's parents, I can understand their reaction. Yet, what I dislike the most is how they are spreading rumours in order to look better than their in-laws and the fact, they are trying to seperate the grandchildren from their other grandparents. This isn't right.   

@bebebisous33 welcome welcome so nice to have you here again.

I think regardless of YT confessing her not, it's obvious from TM's end end that he has no interests in her past friendship. A guy wouldn't wait over 7 years to confess, especially seeing how he already is with JJ and showing complete interest. I think JJ might turn out to be a character with many layers or at least I hope. I hope the writer gives her more depth then the spoiled rich girl, who just goes shopping. When JJ took YT to get their nails done, thats when she should've told JJ that she liked TM. But, she didn't, so he was obviously fair game, JJ can't read YT's damn mind. I think I have a bias here hahahahaha:sweatingbullets:.  My point is YT has no right to treat JJ rudely just because of her appearance. 

Archived