[Mainland Chinese Drama 2016] When A Snail Falls in Love 如果蜗牛有爱情

sugarplum892

Update:

I also found the previews for the last 2 episodes. Unlike the preview for episode 19, the last 2 episodes looks sooooo gloomy :(((( If it weren't for the scenes in the MV i would have been wondering whether it will end on a sad note or will we get our happy ending for our favorite couple!! (i hope they didn't troll us and decided that the "happy scene- reunion thing" in the mv was a dream or something.. but so far... this drama never trolls us so that's good ^^ )

Previews' in the spoiler section as usual:

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am trying to recover from ep 16-18 and the previews are not helping. When I think of the nice tame Korean police dramas with a sole villain I just about die trying to keep up with the bad guys here. I am not used to seeing so many extras. Do you know how sorry I feel for the stuntmen in this drama? Some of the hits looks pretty hard to perform.. All this being flung into walls and landing on tables from height just makes me wince.

Much as I liked seeing them think in synch I have no idea how it can end in 3 episodes. He didn't even have time to pursue her. Plus the out of the blue Zhao Han and Yao Meng interactions has me totally confused. ZH give me the impression he likes her in the coffee chocolate conversation. Plus why all this confession to your junior after going to the Commander's office. I mean I am still confused about his death but all that repressed emotions. 

Am going back to the novel for some sanity while waiting for next week.

Delurking here.  i finished all the 15 episodes yesterday in one shot.  i dont like police investigation, cross border terrorism problem stories with romance in it. And i am new to wang kai-wang zi wen couple.  But somehow got attracted becoz of captain Ji's charisma and i am now crazy for this drama.  I finished ep16-18.  Ep.16 was kinda fun between our couple.  

In ep.15, I did not expect captain ji to hold back her hand in the hospital when she tried to console him by taking his hand.  So, he is giving into her slowly

in ep.18, I liked how xuxu pursued alone in a unknown country with just the map reading for few minutes and went to look for Ji Bai.  I appreciate her stubborness to find brother Lu, since she was the one to make the mistaken identity.  

for some comic relief, I liked how Ji bai man-handles xuxu in the initial episodes by pulling her up by her jacket from the back very casually.  their height difference- :heart: He just like to tease her by always telling the 3-month time for her passing of physical test.  

saw the preview for ep19-21.  so much violence.  I dont think there will be a kiss between our couple in the end.  They have enough time of just 1 1/2 hrs to solve the case of finding brother Lu.  Brother Lu, being woman character shown so violent and merciless.  I was angry seeing her killing two innocent lives and injuring two police officers while escaping in ep.15. 

will be sad after next week coz this wonderful drama end.  thanks for all the goodies.  

Totally new to the posting thing, but I've been following this thread for a while.

Like others, I keep coming back to the "angel killer", and this brief scene from the 4th trailer, starting at 00:52, where there's a person hanging off scaffolding in a warehouse. Since we haven't seen anything like that so far (I'm up to episode 18), I always thought that was the angel killer. 

But the promos for episodes 19, 20 and 21 give the impression that the team won't be dealing with a serial killer in the next 3 episodes so I'm at a loss, unless I really missed something in earlier episodes.

3 hours ago, pumpkingirl920 said:

Totally new to the posting thing, but I've been following this thread for a while.

Like others, I keep coming back to the "angel killer", and this brief scene from the 4th trailer, starting at 00:52, where there's a person hanging off scaffolding in a warehouse. Since we haven't seen anything like that so far (I'm up to episode 18), I always thought that was the angel killer. 

But the promos for episodes 19, 20 and 21 give the impression that the team won't be dealing with a serial killer in the next 3 episodes so I'm at a loss, unless I really missed something in earlier episodes.

@gracebkk.... Thanks for the preview chingu... OMG!!! It looks so goood. Next week is the last three epsisode...  I so wish there was a season 2 with another big case. 

@pumpkingirl920....Lateley, I have been seeing a lot the drama synopsis are not accurate at all. They must have used the same synopsis from the novel and not of the drama. I too thought the same thing but the person hanging turns out to be the YL's son in law. In the previews it look like it's all about the Brother Lu and her partner. I don't see how the Angel Killer case is involved.

I did wonder who kidnapped him and never expected him to die. Sure the man was disgusting, a womanizer and very manipulative. He cause Zixi's death and had no remorse at all for her death. If the angel killer did kill him , What is the ANGLE KILLER's connection to the smuggling, kidnapping, gambling and human trafficking????.

Great... it's taken me more than 24 hours to get back on. I had a nice post all ready to go and just as I hit "Reply" it managed to get sucked into the blackhole of Soompi. And now it seems I can't ever get onto Soompi with Chrome again. *sigh*

Anyway, this post is about the last 3 episodes... apparently still not subbed.

As much as I have enjoyed this show and have loved the leads, I'm a little disappointed with the way the narrative holds XX back. She has these brilliant deductive moments which are unceremoniously halted by these "blonde" moments and then JB has to "step in". I'm not sure if it's because the apprentice isn't supposed to surpass the master or if it's a gender thing whereby the female lead can't outshine the male. It should be okay that the male doesn't get the last word in or have to turn every investigation into some kind of obvious teaching moment.

For me what makes Snail so happily unique is XX and her specific skill set. It's a gratifying trend that we're seeing more smart female leads in C-dramas. Intelligent and decent women who have a realistic hold on their emotions. I think it's one thing for the male and female leads to collaborate and complement like in Bones but it's another when it feels like the female lead is obstructed by some kind of invincible ceiling that doesn't seem necessary especially when JB is practically her bodyguard knight in shining armour anyway.

Now that I've had a whinge about that niggly bit of annoyance, there was plenty to love. It was XX's opportunity to shine as she waltzed through the maze that was the gambling den. Waltzing was probably not far from the truth but before she got caught, she did find out a few things.

Like everyone else, I enjoyed the train scene. I mean, what's not to like. JB trying to steal XX's sketchbook like a schoolboy trying to tease the girl sitting in front of him in class that he likes. Be careful there young man... you don't want people thinking that you're relaxed. Around a woman too.

I was also quite amused by the smoking/cigarette conversation between JB and the shop owner. JB tells him that his weirdo apprentice has designated herself the one who lights his cigarettes and the shop owner says, "Isn't that the job of the wife?"

Equally amusing was XX playing the naggy wife, telling JB not to drive because he needs to rest. Then she goes all manipulative and says that she can do the driving instead. Hahaha. Then he gets another member of the team to drive and says, "Are you satisfied?" To which she replies, "That's more like it." Ah, that innocent... "Just-as-well-there's-me-to-keep-an-eye-on-you" look. ;)

Could it be that the snail now knows she's got the lion wrapped around her little finger?

14 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

Great... it's taken me more than 24 hours to get back on. I had a nice post all ready to go and just as I hit "Reply" it managed to get sucked into the blackhole of Soompi. And now it seems I can't ever get onto Soompi with Chrome again. *sigh*

Anyway, this post is about the last 3 episodes... apparently still not subbed.

As much as I have enjoyed this show and have loved the leads, I'm a little disappointed with the way the narrative holds XX back. She has these brilliant deductive moments which are unceremoniously halted by these "blonde" moments and then JB has to "step in". I'm not sure if it's because the apprentice isn't supposed to surpass the master or if it's a gender thing whereby the female lead can't outshine the male. It should be okay that the male doesn't get the last word in or have to turn every investigation into some kind of obvious teaching moment.

For me what makes Snail so happily unique is XX and her specific skill set. It's a gratifying trend that we're seeing more smart female leads in C-dramas. Intelligent and decent women who have a realistic hold on their emotions. I think it's one thing for the male and female leads to collaborate and complement like in Bones but it's another when it feels like the female lead is obstructed by some kind of invincible ceiling that doesn't seem necessary especially when JB is practically her bodyguard knight in shining armour anyway.

Now that I've had a whinge about that niggly bit of annoyance, there was plenty to love. It was XX's opportunity to shine as she waltzed through the maze that was the gambling den. Waltzing was probably not far from the truth but before she got caught, she did find out a few things.

Like everyone else, I enjoyed the train scene. I mean, what's not to like. JB trying to steal XX's sketchbook like a schoolboy trying to tease the girl sitting in front of him in class that he likes. Be careful there young man... you don't want people thinking that you're relaxed. Around a woman too.

I was also quite amused by the smoking/cigarette conversation between JB and the shop owner. JB tells him that his weirdo apprentice has designated herself the one who lights his cigarettes and the shop owner says, "Isn't that the job of the wife?"

Equally amusing was XX playing the naggy wife, telling JB not to drive because he needs to rest. Then she goes all manipulative and says that she can do the driving instead. Hahaha. Then he gets another member of the team to drive and says, "Are you satisfied?" To which she replies, "That's more like it." Ah, that innocent... "Just-as-well-there's-me-to-keep-an-eye-on-you" look. ;)

Could it be that the snail now knows she's got the lion wrapped around her little finger?

@40somethingahjumma.....  I never looked at Xu Xu being held back at all but maybe they wanted out OTP to complement each other.  If Eve Xu Xu admitted that Ji Bai was right about profiling. We can also agree that Xu Xu being so brilliant and understanding him better than anyone in his team. The way she approaches him so different than the way other people do is with no ultimatums.  I think he director and writer wanted to Xu Xu a bit more human than the way she was from the novel. Some changes they made in the drama were a bit disappointing but effective and made us love these characters more even with our annoyance. I reallly enjoyed the train scene too and I got so many feelsss watching it. This scene showed how close and comfortable they are around each other. 

wow !! i just watched eps 16-18 with subs . In ep 16 aww ... the vibe between them only got better now that i understand it . In eps 17 & 18 the action , suspense were very well played out  and the news that  ye lan , i think , left after what he did ... broke my heart ... I just get more amazed by Xuxu after every ep the way her mind works , her personality , the drive .. very intense and how in my opinion she gently makes ji bai do some things that he didn't do it before ex: the lighter that he gave her and others little things.. i can't wait to know how the case will pan out and how will our heroes will be after all is over - hopefully a happy end 

Last three episodes next week. I love this drama.. my heart is always racing every episode! Even though the romance is very slow, I prefer the great action scenes. Not once disappointed because it is so interesting! I loved the novel but I love how the plot is moving forward. 21 episodes is just too short.

7 hours ago, thunderman1 said:

Last three episodes next week. I love this drama.. my heart is always racing every episode! Even though the romance is very slow, I prefer the great action scenes. Not once disappointed because it is so interesting! I loved the novel but I love how the plot is moving forward. 21 episodes is just too short.

That's exactly how I feel. 

Right now, I am suspicious of Tisa... I don't know but we saw how Brother Lu got rescued. It was someone from the military. What do you think? 

5 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

Right now, I am suspicious of Tisa... I don't know but we saw how Brother Lu got rescued. It was someone from the military. What do you think? 

Chingu, the military was always involved. I believe the military guy is higher up then Tisa chingu. When Brother Lu was rescued , it was man in uniform who rescued her. I don't think Tisa is involved at all. I can understand why you feel that way since both the culprit and Tisa looks very much alike. At first I was confused too but Tisa looks more learner and have short hair while the other guys hair is longer. I can't believe the show is about to end. :tears::tears::tears:

I was gushing like a school girl when Ji Bai agreed that XuXu was cute..:wub::wub::wub: It was so sweet of Xu Xu to stay up with Ji Bai. I loved the way they switched the 

OMG!!! Ye Lanyuan was soooooo very much involved with his brother's kidnapping. I hate that the bastard killed himself because of all the guilt he had. Now that YL's SIL is dead and I think he was tortured very much. What I hate the most is that YL's friend seemed to be getting a lot of chance to survive. That man deserves to suffer for the way he made Ye Zixi suffer so much for no reason when all she wanted was her father back. The main issue is that WH told Ye Zixi about her uncle's involvement with her father's death and kidnapping. 

Will there really be a an angle Killer??? I would be disappointed in finding out that it is all part of the Ye's destruction. :angry::angry:

15 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

Would you like me to spoil it for you? I finished the novel.. it was great! :D Although I feel as if the novel went into more depth of course with the romance. :D

Archived