[Mainland Chinese Drama 2016] When A Snail Falls in Love 如果蜗牛有爱情

sugarplum892

Just finished episode 16 on Maple and i'm grinning like a fool!  :scream:

Plenty of fan service at least i'm satisfied it might help that i know i won't get much more than this except a little peck or an head kiss LOL !!!

It's amazing how such simple things as glances, smiles, gentle touches give us hints that makes us sure of how their relationship grew! I could feel it :thumbsup:

I don't understand a single word of Chinese, still their acting, the way it was filmed  all of those facial expressions and tension created allowed me to highly  enjoy the episode, and it's always been like that

They've really become a team in every aspects of life and i'm loving how it's bein displayed, i feel like a detective trying to find every clue that these two leave us to understand them

Cant wait to see it subbed just to understand how the case is developing

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

oh mannn... i just finished all of them... how am i supposed to wait for next week now?!?!?! T.T and to think next week is the last week too!! T.T 

their acting is top notch though!! i have to give them that!! amazing performance!!! now that people are found (both alive & dead, depending on the person) i want to know what's next... and will we have our happy ending for our snail & lion..??? and whether we will ACTUALLY see them together (like how the title should end) or whether it will only show that "everything will be fine at the end even though there may be more danger ahead and they have not confirmed their relationship officially or whatnot..." >.<

12 minutes ago, Chipibela said:

Kyahhh! The ending of episode 17 :cold_sweat:

Hadn't i been spoiled by their MV i would be crying!!!! Still it was scary!

Kudos to the team!!!

I'm more and more suspicious that this is Zixi's father vengeance and i had a glimpse of what married life might look like lol. Team Work again:cookie:

Off to episode 18

Episode 18 finished! My body almost fainted and my heart almost skipped out of its place :crazy:

Adrenaline rush all over the place, plenty of action ... The most prevalent feeling: Fear.. everything spot on: acting, expressions and OST just to intensify everything

Will i really have to wait an whole week for the release of the episodes?? Being true it will be despairing

Still I'm having conflicted emotions.. i want them released ASAP, however i don't want this drama to end!!!! :bawling:

12 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

@littleloony Are you now a silent lurker on this thread? ;)

@Chipibela I had thought, they had found his body. But in that case, why did he leave his daughter in his brother's hands?

He was kidnaped right? I've never seen his body being discovered, well at least they did not mention it

His daughter was already a gown up right? Or maybe he was unable to return therefore his vengeance

I don't know.. there's something that just doesn't feel right.

JiBai went look for Zixi's father pipe, the drama starts with him looking for it, that gives me suspicion that Ji Bai is still following his death or maybe disappearance

it was one of the things he was staring at Zixis house when he went to visit the crime scene, and the look on his face puzzled me

when he was talking to Zixi's uncle at the car while taking him to the police station besides mentioning that Zixi's father thought that he was a match for her, he mentioned that thing  that happened 10 years ago, and Jibai was more precise even mentioning the number years, months and days, he knew the exact time!!!!

The guy that kidnapped Zixi's cousin husband.. why did he do that? For jealousy only? He said that that family was evil and he's the son of a loyal employee of Zixi's father

Or maybe it's just me not wanting to be ZH father lol

I might be drawing an illusory line

24 minutes ago, Chipibela said:

He was kidnaped right? I've never seen his body being discovered, well at least they did not mention it

His daughter was already a grown up right? Or maybe he was unable to return therefore his vengeance

I don't know.. there's something that just doesn't feel right.

JiBai went look for Zixi's father pipe, the drama starts with him looking for it, that gives me suspicion that Ji Bai is still following his death or maybe disappearance

it was one of the things he was staring at Zixis house when he went to visit the crime scene, and the look on his face puzzled me

when he was talking to Zixi's uncle at the car while taking him to the police station besides mentioning that Zixi's father thought that he was a match for her, he mentioned that thing  that happened 10 years ago, and Jibai was more precise even mentioning the number years, months and days, he knew the exact time!!!!

The guy that kidnapped Zixi's cousin husband.. why did he do that? For jealousy only? He said that that family was evil and he's the son of a loyal employee of Zixi's father

Or maybe it's just me not wanting to be ZH father lol

I might be drawing an illusory line

JB met YZX's father 14 years ago. However, the man disappeared, when she was a child. It was said by YZX that he had been kidnapped... I had assumed that he was dead because YZX was determined to get revenge for him. IF his body had never been found, why didn't she hope that he could be alive? She had no doubt about his death and JB was acting as if his death was confirmed. Finally, I would like to ask why the father (if he is behind everything) only started his vengeance so late, he should have known that his daughter was working for Ye L.... so if he was determined to be after his brother, why didn't he contact his daughter first? She was in danger by being by his enemy's side.

When JB went to M, it was because he was searching for his pipe. When he was asked by the owner who he was and why he wanted to get the pipe, he introduced himself as a detective. So if someone is trying to get revenge by playing dirty, he would have kept his pipe an.

29 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

@littleloony Are you now a silent lurker on this thread? ;)

@Chipibela I had thought, they had found his body. But in that case, why did he leave his daughter in his brother's hands?

hehehe @bebebisous33 it looks like it for now :P I wasn't going to be one but the pace of the eps release is making me like XuXu running on the track....all panting to catch up :sweatingbullets: I just finished watching up to ep 13 and everyone is already onto ep 18.....:w00t: I generally wait till Viki has the subs because I want the best translation out there for this gem of a drama and I got a bit behind with work and all. If I catch up I will be more active :D

Generally I am really loving it over all, I loved the camerawork right from the opening train sequence in ep 1 and it hasn't disappointed yet. I love the opening theme song as well....hope they release it. I read the novel trans till part 54 and I thought that adding the doodling to XuXu's character was such a unique twist in a good way. It serves as our guide to XuXu's personal thoughts and emotions in the absence of the usual voice over...besides the snail and lion are beyond cute. The way they have portrayed Ji Bai and XuXu's characters I don't think we will be getting the amount of lusty scenes as in the novel but I think their journey will be heartfelt, emotional and extremely satisfying to see......the kind that makes me wanna rewind even after the drama ends.

Ji Bai is lovely but XuXu is brilliant. I have never seen Wang Zi Wen in anything before but I think she has made XuXu her own. Every time she is onscreen I wait to be surprised by her. I love the fact that even though she is discovering things like attraction and love, she is never distracted from her work and is dedicated to it. For some reason I love that part of her :D

Lastly, without reading the ending for the novel, I think Myanmar will play a big role either in the climax or in setting up the climax....all the eps are leading us in that direction.

aww!! ep 16 my shipper heart went in overload:wub::w00t::heart:. eps 17 and 18 ... the action , suspense , it left me at the edge of my seat. The end of ep 18 .. all i got to say is go Xuxu :grin:... awww like many i want the next episodes soon , very soon  but  at the same time i'm sorry it will end

1 hour ago, bebebisous33 said:

JB met YZX's father 14 years ago. However, the man disappeared, when she was a child. It was said by YZX that he had been kidnapped... I had assumed that he was dead because YZX was determined to get revenge for him. IF his body had never been found, why didn't she hope that he could be alive? She had no doubt about his death and JB was acting as if his death was confirmed. Finally, I would like to ask why the father (if he is behind everything) only started his vengeance so late, he should have known that his daughter was working for Ye L.... so if he was determined to be after his brother, why didn't he contact his daughter first? She was in danger by being by his enemy's side.

There it is i'm drawing an illusion, I'll have to move on to ZH father then, and i dislike it Sigh

Chingu's

Xu Xu is the bravest woman in any Chinese or Korean drama I have ever seen. You won't believe what she did for Ji Bai. @littleloony , You are right  Xu Xu is full of surprises in every episode she has appeared in. Olivia Wang was made for this role. She is sooooo talented and so is Wang Kai, he was born for the character Ji Bai.  Xu Xu is truly  brilliant and I am amazed at what she accomplished in this episode.  So glad you chose to join us @littleloony

Wow all the episode were extraordinaire. I loved episodes 16-18. Now I am sad because next week will the last time we will be seeing Xu Xu and Ji Bai.  Ji Bai's team are great but truthfully I watch it for Ji Bai and Xu Xu.   Ji Bai and Xu Xu's relationship growth is perfect and doesn't really need  the kissing scenes because the  things they do for each other are touching enough. 

Spoiler

Xu Xu cares for Ji Bai and doesn't know how much yet. She is still at that stage of crushing on him, being there for him and unloading all the burden he inflict on himself. It's so cute the way they compliment each other. This girl went to enemy territory to get Ji Bai. She had no fear and always remained calm. Ji Bai and Xu Xu have grown so much closer because she was able to analyze the whole gambling house and find the criminal Ji Bai was looking For. 

They have found Zhang's body in an abandon building. This man got what he deserved chingu. So evil and the reason Zixi got killed in the first place . 

On episode 16

Spoiler

- Oh gosh the sunset scenes were just too cute. And he stole her notebook lol

- Xu Xu didn't refuse Ji Bai's jacket as she did last time, and she still wore it much later on!

- I'm pretty sure Wang Zi Wen recorded the ending theme too and they've played her version twice (okay, I'm not that sure, but it does sound like her lol); the first time in EP 12 when Yao Meng was analysing Xu Xu's feelings for Ji Bai, and the second time in this episode when Xu Xu and Ji Bai were sitting on the two sides of the door. I wish they would release her version already.

- And he slept on her shoulder. The feels I can't. He's let his wall down around her.

Xu Xu's record of Ji Bai's routine and mood. This is just too cute!

QT19MZg.jpg

Thank Lord for this episode. We've been deprived of Xu Xu and Ji Bai's romantic interactions for far too long.

Guys! I found the preview to episodes 19!!! Even though it lags in the 2nd half of the vid at least it's better than wondering what will happen in ep 19 (which will only appear next week T.T) I dread for the time when everything is over... T.T

Preview's under spoiler, just in case there's some of you who do not want to be spoiled.

I'll post a better version of it if I can find it. But so far, this is the only one I found. Enjoy!!! (cuz I sure did, at least ^^ )

Archived