[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

2 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

Well, I would rather say that a friendship can turn into love and some not. Wang So didn't fall in love with her at first sight. He was attracted, yet only after getting to know her (her words moved him), he started falling in love with her. Moreover, I have male friends and we are quite close but that's not the same love with my husband.  

That's the thing. Wang So didnt fall in love with her at first sight. Same goes to me. I have a good male buddy but somehow never attracted to him as a man.

• Like 11

18 minutes ago, aypopa said:

she say the same for episode 11 but we cry all the time hahaha i don't believe her anymore fun what fun she will be kicked out of the palace she will become washing maid she will have some "friends" in her new place who will like to make her days rely bad i hope she fight with them go girl don't let this crazy maids to bully you... she have hard time for accept lady OH died and WW NO COMMENT!! but we have second kiss i hope is in episode 12 not 13 i wait for that kiss like 4 episode or more

She said that due to editing, it was moved to ep 12.

• Like 13

27 minutes ago, Gabi Bros said:

The rejection of Wang So's proposal is understandable but telling Wook "Did you missed me?" Zero dignity. If that's the case, Hae Soo you deserved a Wook...you deserved a man like that. I am sorry IU not even my love for you will stop me of slapping Hae Soo. :expressionless: I lost hope in her.   

Read @briseis and @bebebisous33 post,  

I totally agree with them. Our hope will revive in two or three episodes or maybe earlier.

• Like 12

@MoOnLoVeRz, love your post about YH. I also hope that her character will grow from here into a woman of power to become an adept and ingenious kingmaker. Wook never became emperor historically (per Wiki, he died much later during the reign of Wang So) therefore I am thinking that it would be So she will be a kingmaker for. I would want to add to your post about what I think is the difference in what is driving Queen Yoo and Yeon Hwa’s ambitions which makes a difference on how they operate as power brokers. Queen Yoo has an emotional and hurtful history with Emperor Taejo. She is a daughter of a powerful family whose marriage to Taejo helped him become who he is. She is used to being obeyed as daughter of that family and she expects as queen and empress to be treated the same. So that time when Taejo was preparing for “power” marriage when the mourning period of her first born son was not over, Queen Yoo’s reactions was totally emotional which is very understandable. She did whatever she thought she needed to do to make Taejo pay attention to her needs and duties to his family. Taejo however, was an ambitious king who just started to establish an empire and his priorities was to his position and his country. That had enforced a realization in Queen Yoo of how powerless she really was and that hurt and scarred her emotionally and deeply.  Her way is to lash out and destroy the women and their families whom she thinks is her competition for power and for the attention and caring and love of Taejo. She is emotionally reactive.

Yeon Hwa on the other hand, except for her mother and obligation to the survival of her family and clan, has no emotional investment or strong attachments. She considers the Queen as the enemy and yet she has no problem allying and using the queen to her advantage. For her plan to work she allied with the queen who had a similar aim, got a powerful support and more importantly she compromised and incriminated the queen to discourage the queen from making her an escape goat like the queen did with her mother. If she did not involve the queen, she will be the first one to throw YH head under the guillotine and shout “off with her head”. When YH got caught by her brother, she reacted as cool as a cucumber. She told Wook she was prepared to die and knew her mother will be exiled and her whole family annihilated …..laid the guilt trip so thick as a mountain of molasses it stuck on Wook, who weakly protested that he did not want to be king. Boy oh boy, did YH slice and dice that one and threw it back on Wookie’s face like a honeyed cucumber face mask until Wook replied, “do with me what you want”. YH had this flitting smile of triumph on her face and her eyes before she bowed her head to Wook, alluding to big bro that he is the boss. She got what she wanted. This young woman operates mostly from her brain with no strong personal, emotional extensions. She dislikes Soo because she was an obstruction for her brother’s ambition to be king but now that she got her brother to cooperate with her plans, she will probably not take notice about Soo that much until she will know about So and Soo. However, I think that seeing how the queen’s jealousy and vindictiveness alienated the queen from the king and became enemies with whom the king cared for, YH a quick learner, will do the opposite. Instead of being petty and jealous, she will make the people So cares for her allies, not their enemy and build from them her power base, just like her father Emperor Taejo does. Wang So, as you said is not very familiar with court etiquette and political process but YH is. YH is still weighing whom she will support even if she is lending her support to her brother at the moment. But seeing how strong, determined and courageous So is, I think she will help familiarize So with court policies and make her father notice because it will be her father the emperor to decide whom she will marry. She will be courting her father's favor more than Wang So. Most likely Taejo will consult Jimong about the stars of Wang So and Yeon Hwa and the rest will be all up to Jimong. ( my speculations)

• Like 18

8 minutes ago, violet90 said:

HS cannot escape her fate....

even when thrown out from palace she still going to be haunted by palace.... WS and WW is the same in the way they NEED HS by their side and both of them want the throne to get HS.. i just feel kinda sad for HS that she actually really want to just go back when Lady Hae still here and her old self... a happy and bubbly girl the one that kick Eun , save Jung and put WS back to his place.. now she just an empty shell being drag by her fate and even i think WS need to give HS a time out.. she need time to heal and think...

but i think HS will give back WW bracelet and ending their relationship at least by eps 13..... that the end for WW ship....

for HS to give that back symbolic as there nothing more between them..... not even the memory of their love.. HS will take a step back and just restore herself with WS help.. in the preview where HS waiting for WS she seem happy so my hope that WS and HS will have their happy time... 

Yeah i felt that too, i hope she can be more than just that, especially i don't like her being bullied by YH when she was together with WS.

In the original RX got bullied by other maid in laundry department, but she counterattacked them, hope HS can have her spunk like in earlier ep have a way to get around her problems

• Like 16

Hi anybody know how to get the english translation for the original novel?

I found there are free translation online, nut only up to chapter8.

I might as well start kickstarter project to translate this book. Desperately want to read the novel:fearful:

• Like 11

It seems that Hae Soo is still in a state of denial of what Wang Wook did when he turned his back to her. It's as if she was repeating the situation that she lived in her present life, with her boyfriend cheating on her and her friend betraying, as if she could not accept what happens before her eyes, and it was better for her to live in a state of total deception. HS needs asap a slap of reality so once and for all she will throw away her feelings for Wang Wook.

• Like 16

Spoiler

At 2:56 (from the Youku preview of June)

HAE SOO: "Whether we meet or bid each other farewell, not easily letting anyone see your inner feelings, but hiding them from others instead. That´s the kind of person we need".

EDIT: Is a dailymotion video. It can't be seen?

• Like 17

Chingu, for those of you worried about Haesoo's spirit..where is the girl we first met with all that spunk and courage?? Don't forget that at the first script reading when IU/Jieunie introduced herself, one of the words she used to describe the varied faces of Haesoo was 'ruthless'.  That clue on its own is making me wonder. Does she become so because she's angry about Lady Oh's death, Wook's betrayal, or realizing someone may have specifically targeted her to take the fall for the poisoning? Or MAYBE once she realizes she loves So, she opts to become an active participant in the game of thrones in order to protect the man she loves???

• Like 23

You guys and gals are incredible. I cannot keep up with the posts!

I feel so sorry for Wook but have no love for him. He is passive, a worrier, vulnerable to the whims and constraints of his family.

And the reason Hae Soo still wants to give him a chance is because she had believed so strongly in him. She would need a strong reason to break off her feeling, remove her doubts in his lack of love for her. Her experience with Wook would also make her doubt So in his proclamation of his love. However, she has already started to soften her heart for him when she was locked up and So went to visit her. She could see his heart towards her but somehow the pain behind Wook's betrayal will make her question if his heart really would not change. 

I totally agree with the people below and it most resonates with me. 

36 minutes ago, meahri_1 said:

Am so in agreement with all of you. It's actually not surprising that Haesoo will ask Wook if he missed her. I'm in sync with the reasons @briseis and @bebebisous33 have provided, but @fathiayunia's direction resonates with me even more.

For Haesoo, I'm thinking she might actually be going through a variation of the 5 stages of death -  denial, anger, bargaining, depression and acceptance. Spiritually, she's in a really bad place right now. She's lost the 2nd of her mother figures in a horrible and heart wrenching way...and the love she thought she shared with Wook was also snuffed out...or perhaps wasn't real to begin with.

As @bebebisous33 and others have been pointing out to us in a number of analyses, there have been red flags along the way that Soo has never thought to apply to Wook. However, in the obvious reflection she is likely doing now in the aftermath of Lady Oh's sacrifice, I'm sure many of her thoughts are about Wook and the things he did or rather didn't do. Why did she feel the need to proclaim her innocence to him? Why didn't he come to see her during those days that she was being tortured? Why wasn't he there when she was being marched to the gallows? Where was he when she was begging for Lady Oh's life? AND WHY did he finally show his face to her, only to turn his back?

So for me, the question she poses to him is more a facetious one. In keeping with a continuing theme throughout this drama, it's not that she's asking "did you miss me", but more "why did you throw me away."

EDIT: In regard to her initial rejection of So, this makes sense too. I agree with @bebebisous33 that it's too soon to go from one brother to another, but I might also add that Soo doesn't want anyone else to sacrifice themselves for her. In So's case, she's also already aware of what lengths he's willing to go for her.

• Like 14

3 hours ago, ratgirlina said:

Check out @ratgirlina's Tweet:

The agony of international fans. Google translate is of no help whatsoever. Miserable food lemon us... :bawling:

I think this food lemon thing arises form a HK press article headline.:D

I saw it on weibo, the headline was 4th prince proposes to HS but HS feeds him Lemon. In HK local slang, feeding someone lemon is equal to rejection or giving him a bitter taste. :D

• Like 16

watching on tv...at the beach scene... when wang so look straight to camera and talk... my heart beat faster... as though as he talk to me... and at that short moment ... i feel like i'm hae soo...

hoping more camera shot of wang so like that fo new episode

14567479_1400586623289524_51253812670011

• Like 21

3 hours ago, briseis said:

The cdrama had 35 45-minute episodes = 1575 minutes = 26x60-minute episodes. RX accepted the 4th Princes feelings in episodes 22-23 which is approx. around the 1035-minute mark=17th EPISODE. SO THE KOREAN VERSION IS PERFECTLY ON TIME AND KEEPING TRUE TO THE GRADUAL DEVELOPMENT.

(By the way, I can't believe I just used math to prove my point. I mean this show is making us go completely nuts, I think the comment that perfectly sums this up is the one I received when I wrote about the solar eclipses occuring in the years 941 and 975 and added the NASA link -  "when your otp ending looks so bleak you science your way to a happy ending")

Thanks for giving me the mathematical prove that the story is intact. :D:D:D ok I will wait for ep 17:tears:

So maybe I should go after TongHua the original writer for not writing more about the 4th? :D:D:D

Yes, Yes, I was truly impressed with @LyraYoo Nasa research. By the way this eclipse thing has gotten its way to weibo. So now more people knows that the korean writer has really done her homework.

ok, when my original novel arrives from China, I will torture myself a 3rd time with this story. :P

• Like 23

Rejecting Wang So is fine but if she accepts Wook, I will stop watching. It's just shows a very dismal level of pride and self esteem for Hae-Su to overlook it. Wook had reasons, sure but he still led her on. I've just had enough of Su-Wook. I'd be glad if she talkes some time away from it all but Hell No to any more Wook. Let him fight for the throne, that is much more interesting anyways.

• Like 18

6 minutes ago, qwenli said:

Thanks for giving me the mathematical prove that the story is intact. :D:D:D ok I will wait for ep 17:tears:

So maybe I should go after TongHua the original writer for not writing more about the 4th? :D:D:D

Yes, Yes, I was truly impressed with @LyraYoo Nasa research. By the way this eclipse thing has gotten its way to weibo. So now more people knows that the korean writer has really done her homework.

ok, when my original novel arrives from China, I will torture myself a 3rd time with this story. :P

Actually, considering the kdrama version has fewer episodes I'd say we will get that in THAT EPISODE 14 ;):D

• Like 19