[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

Looking at the BTS pictures taken during filming and released by SBS over time, I must say that I LOVE Goryeo-era robes (well, that Ialready knew beforehand...), and that this drama has some of the most beautiful costumes I've ever seen (both female and male)! Look at the fabrics, the colors, the embroideries, the jewels! They are gorgeus! *_* I'm in awe... :w00t: 
PS: I've noticed that they re-used also a couple of the armors and robes from Faith (including one wore by Choi Young in the first episodes and a light-blue/golden dress wore by the Queen).

• Like 18

43 minutes ago, onemella said:

was reading through all the comments, someone mention WS name means "tree".
Just to clarify, the chinese character in WS name 昭   as seen in episode 8 when he put his name into the "pot" thingy for the rain ritual selection.
(pronounce as zhao in chinese)

in chinese character, his name doesn't mean tree but it means bright or the light, or shine. 

apologies, too lazy to find the comment, just wanna clarify what his name mean cos not sure if anyone has done it.
anyways, it's good to like trees~

I think that commentator was referring to Hae Soo...not So...

Her name means ' tree' right?

• Like 8

@ruizaio

Thank you for the INformation. Can yoi plz tag me whenever you write abt any deviaTion from original script (even IF you write later than when IT happened) ?
Now an observation and may be someone here can shed some light..

Rewatching epi 6 and when JM Introduces HS to Lady OH IN Damiwon Palace before her n kings marriage, he says she belongs to "hong ha jin hae's clan". I got the point of Hae clan but what this Hong Ha Jin thing ? Is IT anyhow relates to Go Ha Jin of 21st century (like same family or something like that )

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, SukBin said:

Since the Kiss discussions look to be everywhere that I turn my eyes... heres my take ....

The Kiss from Wang So was completely in Character, since he is supposed to be raised as a Hostage with no love or affection or even minimum human courtesy shown to him... he does not have chance to learn how to comfort a girl, how to lessen a Girl's fears", stop her Panic attack... granted even normal boys would have a hard time in that situation trying to make the Hysterical girl calm..... especially when she is the one that you love the most in the world and she hysterically shouts at you that you are a monster and to get  far away from her.... I cant blame the guy since he never knew the alternative... His Parents are to blame for raising him as a Dog-Wolf...

Similarly I can understand Hae Soo's reaction as well..... She is fond of the 10th Prince as her first friend and she witnessed So's rage and mad laughter culmination in killing Eun and Seondek and along with  her knowledge that Gwangjong is supposed to kill his brothers.... it has made every fear of her to come true ... that she is the one who opened the path that So would walk to become the Gwangjong she fears and kill her first friend and potentially her lover Wook.... of course she will blame  herself first and then So in her fear... its only Human.... cant blame her to overcome her Panic attack and fear of losing her lover and first friend just because it will happen only in the future.... 

Exactly.. you wrote my thoughts same way I was thinking about both WS and HS.

She is in fear cause one of her frnd (ws) going tk kill her lover and very frnd in goryeo and she became the reason for that... so she had to react like that .

• Like 11

13 minutes ago, jerboa83 said:

Looking at the BTS pictures taken during filming and released by SBS over time, I must say that I LOVE Goryeo-era robes (well, that Ialready knew beforehand...), and that this drama has some of the most beautiful costumes I've ever seen (both female and male)! Look at the fabrics, the colors, the embroideries, the jewels! They are gorgeus! *_* I'm in awe... :w00t: 
PS: I've noticed that they re-used also a couple of the armors and robes from Faith (including one wore by Choi Young in the first episodes and a light-blue/golden dress wore by the Queen).

You are right! the costumes are sooooo gorgeous and sleek especially the men's. The material looks so luxurious i wonder how much they spent on costumes for the whole production.

For not so interesting scenes ( when HS or WS not in them) i would be checking their clothes. But LJK is toooo beautiful to escape looking... need 3rd or 4th watching session if i wanna check on his clothes...lol..

• Like 10

5 minutes ago, KdramaSwimmer said:

@ruizaio

Thank you for the INformation. Can yoi plz tag me whenever you write abt any deviaTion from original script (even IF you write later than when IT happened) ?
Now an observation and may be someone here can shed some light..

Rewatching epi 6 and when JM Introduces HS to Lady OH IN Damiwon Palace before her n kings marriage, he says she belongs to "hong ha jin hae's clan". I got the point of Hae clan but what this Hong Ha Jin thing ? Is IT anyhow relates to Go Ha Jin of 21st century (like same family or something like that )

We all believe GHJ of 21st cent is the descendent of HS of Goryeo.

It makes the time travelling logical. They were blood-related.

You need to backlog to the previous post or check the first page on 1 st comment as the important comments are compiled there.

• Like 7

31 minutes ago, KdramaSwimmer said:

Just to correct you we never said (as far as i can remeber old posts here) that WSs name means tree Its HSs name (hanja character) means tree. WSs means bright light..

Ok! Great! But I really saw someone say sth along the lines like 

this guy is name after trees and likes to give trees!

& I really cannot find the comment. Haha! 

perhaps, I saw wrongly, >< 

mayb it's he name trees and give trees. 

back to being a silent lurker, that was my first comment anyway. HEHE. Happy that we are all on the same page! 

Moonlovers, 대박! JJANG! 

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, amisyka77 said:

We all believe GHJ of 21st cent is the descendent of HS of Goryeo.

It makes the time travelling logical. They were blood-related.

You need to backlog to the previous post or check the first page on 1 st comment as the important comments are compiled there.

I know we have speculated that already that HJ is HSs descendent. . But my point is can we relate these two things and second I want to understand the naming convention of a clan in korea back then, like how a name can have 4 words (or syllables)

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, onemella said:

Ok! Great! But I really saw someone say sth along the lines like 

this guy is name after trees and likes to give trees!

& I really cannot find the comment. Haha! 

perhaps, I saw wrongly, >< 

mayb it's he name trees and give trees. 

back to being a silent lurker, that was my first comment anyway. HEHE. Happy that we are all on the same page! 

Moonlovers, 대박! JJANG! 

Ok ok got it...and thats ok.. we do have tons of comments in the matter if hours and its can happen.

Also welcome to gang of de - lurkers... try to comment more cause everyone here enjoy ls reading so many thoughts and views.

@bebebisous33 teachernim.. ur post on HSs character is perfect and I dont know but her initial interactions with Wook should also considered same as her with Eun. She could feel how Wooks is advancing towards her and she did not like to be a second wife. Still she never backed off but always carried in with the flow. Did you read it same as her treatment to Eun where she again dint clear the air but kept on going (may be to not tk break his heart and wook too)

One more thing... why you think she was selfish ? May be she dint want to make Eun feel bad (without worrying abt her image ruining or keeping her in good terms with her). I feel her character is more like one which can bend backwards just to keep someone close to her happy and not to make them feel ignored/disappointed. But when she gets hurt or her own well being is in danger she bacomes the gal who can cut her wrist to save herself.

• Like 7

@uuugogirl He said it at the press conference shortly before airing.

@KdramaSwimmer It's Honghwajin, current day Uiju (somewhere in North Korea). Each clan represents a region, so the Kangs represent Shinju (present day Sinchon, also in NK), evil queen is from Chungju (still the same name today, in SK), and the nicer queen is from Hwangju (same name, NK). The family name of Hae is the same as the family name of Go as the royal family name of Goguryeo dynasty (Hae means "sun" in Korean, and scholars think they borrowed the meaning of "high" to express it with the chinese character of "Go (高).")

• Like 17

12 minutes ago, SukBin said:

I feel Haesoo is receiving too much flak which she does not deserve in my opinion.

Till now all her actions are consistent to our regular KDrama Heroine, if we make a checklist of basic traits of KDrama heroine

1)Selfless - Check

2)Feisty - Check

3)High Self Esteem - Check

4)Thinks she can handle everything on her own - Check

5)Thinks she is responsible for everyone she cares about - Check

6)Blames herself for not stopping every single hardship that the people she care about face - Check

7)Actively tries to stop anything bad from happening to her loved ones irrespective of what happens to her - Check

8)Never thinks that her own good intentions might backfire on her and create a bigger mess - Check

So you can see Hae Soo is no different from regular KDrama Heroine.... so I am surprised why she is being singled out... for being exactly what she is supposed to be by the writer

Dear chingu... nice post...

would you mind joining #TeamHaeSoo  ?

I am already in trying to understand her reactions and watching older episodes once again for it.

@ruizaio thanks once again for the details.

So the name JM used does not contain Ha Jin as in GHJs name... understood.

• Like 8

Sometimes doing nothing is the best course of action. But now HS cannot step away. She is too involved with WS and WW. Even if she tries to pull away from them, they will push their different ways to her. And regardless what she does, tragedy is going to strike. Her one sentence during the panic attack to WW will come to haunt her back in the later part of the episode. And that would be stepping stone for breaking up with WS. 

At the end of the day, you can't help but wonder---what would have happened if HS didn't get the promonitions? Would she still be with WW? Would WS let her be with WW? Or would WW let his jealousy ruin the relationship and end up fighting for the throne just out of spite? Either way wouldn't HS be root cause for the fall out between the brothers?

• Like 12

Spoiler

@hallyus legend just a number of post Lol.. I think i'm one of the few legend who not good at analysts, i just watching without too much thinking this and that, that's why you guys amazed me. 

live blogging is fun, lagian besoknya kan nontin hasil download. jadinya gak masalah hahah...

@solelylurking kenapa ibu RT? kalo d panggil emak2 kan terlalu fulgar say Lol, aku jg g ngeh awalnya kenapa dia tiba2 memanas, padahal kayanya cuma 1% dr kita yg bawa2 rating drama tetangga. dan kayanya masa2 penghuni ML thread ngebadingin sama rating sebelah udah lewat lama. I don't know maybe she back read tio much,

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, SukBin said:

I feel Haesoo is receiving too much flak which she does not deserve in my opinion.

Till now all her actions are consistent to our regular KDrama Heroine, if we make a checklist of basic traits of KDrama heroine

1)Selfless - Check

2)Feisty - Check

6)Blames herself for not stopping every single hardship that the people she care about face - Check

7)Actively tries to stop anything bad from happening to her loved ones irrespective of what happens to her - Check

8)Never thinks that her own good intentions might backfire on her and create a bigger mess - Check

So you can see Hae Soo is no different from regular KDrama Heroine.... so I am surprised why she is being singled out... for being exactly what she is supposed to be by the writer

Totally agree... What HS needs right now is a time out, big time. She needs to gather her thoughts and think all that she went through ever since she time travelled to the past. Maybe it will happen during her 'prison time'?

• Like 11

39 minutes ago, SukBin said:

1)Selfless - Check

2)Feisty - Check

My personal opinion, I think she's singled out because most viewers are able to sympathize with Wang So more. We see from episodes to episodes that he was treated horribly by most people around him, and he couldn't seem to catch a break. And for every conclusion about his hardship, he's still hated/treated horribly. Like typical underdog, we expect him to rise above all the hardships in the end, even though maybe we have to see him get beaten down again, maybe countless times. It's different with Hae Soo because even though yes, she had her fair share of hardship in Goryeo and cause big ruckus(es) with her 21th century action and mindset, but at the conclusion of her so-called ruckus, she's still loved by most characters. Basically, to some of the viewers, Wang So hasn't catch his break, while Hae Soo has catch her break many-many times, that's why Wang So deserves to be loved than Hae Soo, and that's why she got so much flack from the latest episode. Also, some of the viewers can't seem to allow her breaking down as in episode 9, because it felt inconsistent from the bubbly Hae Soo we come to love and know, they forgot that she's a just a human character that is able to have her lowest point.

• Like 23

@briseis As usual, you wrote awesome, but... you were a little too rough with Hae Soo. Since she landed in the Goryeo her life changed drastically. From the warmth of the Wang Wook house she became a servant in the palace, a harsh place. Outside of that, besides what she knew from the lessons of history (very little, it's true), Wang So did not treat her with gently in the beginning. He even threatened her with death. And those visions have not improved the things, even if in time she got close to him. Outside of that, we know much more than her about Wang So and about his relation with his mother and his brothers and we can judge from our perspective. As you said she's ignorant but let see the things from her perspective. She was not born and raised in those times, she still thinking with her girl mind of the 21st century. Hae Soo is the kind of person who likes to help others. She wants to be liked and to make others happy. And she just found out that the person who thought is her friend will become a cruel and ruthless king and she just became his property. Please, let's give her a little understanding.

• Like 16

31 minutes ago, KdramaSwimmer said:

Dear chingu... nice post...

would you mind joining #TeamHaeSoo  ?

I am already in trying to understand her reactions and watching older episodes once again for it.

@ruizaio thanks once again for the details.

So the name JM used does not contain Ha Jin as in GHJs name... understood.

Thanks ....  Let us all be #TeamMoonLovers and #TeamSoSoo:)

• Like 17

13 minutes ago, KdramaSwimmer said:

Ok ok got it...and thats ok.. we do have tons of comments in the matter if hours and its can happen.

Also welcome to gang of de - lurkers... try to comment more cause everyone here enjoy ls reading so many thoughts and views.

@bebebisous33 teachernim.. ur post on HSs character is perfect and I dont know but her initial interactions with Wook should also considered same as her with Eun. She could feel how Wooks is advancing towards her and she did not like to be a second wife. Still she never backed off but always carried in with the flow. Did you read it same as her treatment to Eun where she again dint clear the air but kept on going (may be to not tk break his heart and wook too)

One more thing... why you think she was selfish ? May be she dint want to make Eun feel bad (without worrying abt her image ruining or keeping her in good terms with her). I feel her character is more like one which can bend backwards just to keep someone close to her happy and not to make them feel ignored/disappointed. But when she gets hurt or her own well being is in danger she bacomes the gal who can cut her wrist to save herself.

Selfish in the sense, she likes feeling loved. Selfish as she wants people to feel happy but at the same time, she enjoys this feeling that she is responsible for their happiness. Do you understand why I am judging her like that? But honestly, everyone is selfish so that I am not saying, she is a bad person. Nobody is perfect but Hae Soo is trying to maintain this image of her that she is perfect because she is so good. 

Yes, I believe that she played the same game with Wang wook. She knew at some point the meaning of the poem and answered to it. She didn't want to reject Wang Wook because she also knew that he loved her. Therefore her "love" is just superficial. She never told Wang Wook, she loved him (episode 9) and she had the opportunity. She keeps acting like a saint (helping all of them, smiling, being nice and gentle) but she is not. She wants to survive and be loved.

So now imagine her horror, when she finds out that her goodness would have such a bad impact... this would tarnish the good image she had been giving to others and to herself. This would make her feel guilty and she usually avoids to feel guilty. Moreover, she is not nice, since she is keeping both princes in the dark. She wants to be aknowledged and loved. But she has not really given her heart to anyone that's why she could be so mad at her ex-boyfriend, got over it very quickly. Wang So is different because he saw her true personality, since she never cared for his good opinion, this had the opposite effect. He felt attracted to her because she was not gentle. She was honest and that's what matters to Wang So.

• Like 16