[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

5 hours ago, finebyme said:

I agree.. but if you look at just the story line... there are some holes here and there and if it were not for this forum as a viewer we have to fill in A LOT of blanks!

Intense and heavier dramas are like that, it gets the viewer thinking about this and that and what will follows. Unlike lighter dramas the storyline has to be simple that spells out everything which viewers don't have to think .... it's leisure watching.  

• Like 14

7 hours ago, MAROSA_JIN said:

This throwback video of Lee Joon Ki goofing off on set is sure to make your day!

Lee Joon Ki posted the following hilarious video on his Instagram account yesterday showing off some of his previous behind-the-scenes antics. This post, which actually contains footage from a year ago when he was filming The Scholar Who Walks the Night, shows off some memorable moments that he had posted before on his account. The caption says "Ah...1 year ago".

The video shows off a very different side compared to his current character 4th Prince Wang So in Scarlet Heart: Ryeo.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BKpAqGSDbr9/?taken-by=actor_jg

And here's another gem of a video where he reenacts the dance from before. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/5B7jPIgofm/

https://www.dramafever.com/pt/news/these-throwback-videos-of-lee-joon-ki-goofing-off-on-set-are-sure-to-make-your-day/

=============

Scarlet Heart: Ryeo Episode 8 & 9: And Now Everything Falls Apart

June: I totally agree!!!! I can't at Hae Soo saying she wants to change the past and what not but a all she is doing is pushing him away even further. I think that is worse than just acting normal and trying to figure out a way to make things better. Like I know those visions are scary but it's like this was a part of history and there has to be a reason why she was magically sent back to this time period. Her freaking out this whole time was really a downer for me because it made it seem like she was just like everyone else who talks bad about So. Also she kept telling Wook to stay away or be careful of So. Ok like that's not going to raise any suspicions of So! I just cannot deal with this turn around of Soo. I'm hoping it gets better in the next week episodes.

Logan: I feel the same way as both of you. I was frustrated with Hae Soo for how she was reacting. I understand it might be a little terrifying to have visions of Wang So like that, but what makes her think the visions are real anyway? I have to keep reminding myself that So does have the capability for evil and murder. It’s hard because he’s so empathetic and we’ve seen his wounded side, but he’s already murdered dozens of people. Granted, they weren’t innocent either, but then there was that horse that he killed in the beginning of the drama for seemingly no good reason. I really hope that Soo doesn’t consent to a romance with So just because she thinks it’ll change him. I know it would eventually turn into authentic love, but it would just break my heart a bit.

https://www.dramafever.com/pt/news/episode-8--9-and-everything-now-falls-apart/

Hey i thinks that exactly how Soo is gonna fall in love with So judging with the flow of the story rite now. She seems to still worry a lot about Wook ( when she saw So's scary vision the first prince she thought of is Wook ). Moreover as we see,she just really stressed out about So so there's not much possibilities that she can fall in love in any normal way than trying to change him. Similar things happen in the orginial too . Ruoxi is being with 4th prince in the first place not because of love but soley for her survival  .

• Like 16

13 hours ago, liddi said:

In many ways, I usually find C-subs to be more accurate, or at least closer to the original dialogue, particularly for sageuks because of the similarity to Hanja terms, which is not as easily translated to English. Case in point being in Ep8 when Ji Mong asks So to continue his role in the rain ritual after the initial disastrous reception from the people.

[...]

Unfortunately, with the time crunch, I have only managed to catch a few of these as and when I chance upon them. If I do get the time (if ever), I would like to revisit C-subbed episodes just to see if any more inconsistencies can be seen between English and C-subs. However, that still only avails me to scenes that are in the international version, which is why I again must reiterate my gratitude for all the transcripts and translations that you and others have so kindly done for the missing scenes, without which us non-Korean speaking viewers would be totally lost.

It is true that as a whole the C-subs are better although they do odd things from time to time like extrapolating when they don't need to or adding unnecessary bits of information. But it does depend on which translation team is doing the work as to the quality of the subs. It also helps that the two languages (C and K) are far more closely related.

I think too that the DF subs tend to go more for dynamic equivalence rather than formal equivalence and so some of the ambiguities of the original speech gets lost. I'm also not a fan of how they use personal names instead of honorifics.

At Darksmurf Subs (DSS) we work from the Chinese subs but we have a K translator too. If people are interested in a different take on the subs, you can go there and download the subs. It's a community-based subbing group so anyone can sign up and help with the editing.

That's why it is really, really important to have very good subs especially in a saeguk. I personally believe that the rush to get subs out these days is highly problematic. It compromises the quality of our understanding of not just of the dialogue but also our ability to grasp the intention of the writer in the area of character development. I know my opinion is not popular because we're all in a hurry to watch our favourite dramas but something's got to give. *Gets off soapbox*

• Like 24

2 hours ago, shinaabby said:

Uwaaaa.... I haven't been on for a while (because life & school got in the say) and there's so much to read... I cannot finish it. However I have been lurking and liking some of your posts. I can't believe we're over 600 pages... I remember when we were just at 300 :rolleyes: LOL 

Guys, I am suffering with you all. I cannot wait for the next episodes any longer T^T the only thing that can keep me a little bit sane is focusing on the MV I started (using Lee Sun Hee's "Fate"!!!!) Of course Im still waiting until the drama ends to be able to use all the episodes, but I got too excited so I started it already :D:sweatingbullets:

Oh I can't wait to see it! I love Lee Sun Hee's "Fate" and the movie! :D

• Like 4

5 hours ago, briseis said:

”If everything goes as planned, the Crown Prince will become king. Then who comes next? After him… [Will Prince So become Gwangjong? Will he kill everyone?] ”

Do we need any futher proof how miserable Hae Soo’s knowledge of early Goryeo history really is? Only recently she remembered that Gwangjong might have been the 4th king and she still isn’t 100 % certain; when she first met Taejo she managed to recall only three general trivial information about him. How can she make conclusion about Gwangjong and his reign when she has no idea who ruled before him? She doesn’t even know that she is virtually dating the man who will marry his half-sister and father the 6th king of Goryeo! 

At this point, it doesn’t even matter whether she is coming from a future where Gwangjong killed one of his brothers or more of them, because

1. each historian is telling his own version of history,
  2. highschool textbooks only contain abridged and distorted version of it,
  3. it’s been 7-8 years since she graduated from high school,
  4. her memory is failing her, she is confused,
  5. her visions are mere flashes, which she is misinterpreting because they’re taken completely out of context and she doesn’t even futher examine them and wonder what doesn’t add up about them. So her brain takes them and connects them with what SHE THINKS SHE KNOWS ABOUT GWANGJONG and jumps to a very biased conclusion.

“Prince So becomes King Gwangjong. His brothers, nephews and loyal subjects. He killed them all. That’s what King Gwangjong did. Should he be killed?” 

It’s not really a problem of Soo judging his actions from a modern perpective, it’s about her JUDGING HIM BASED ON SO FEW, MISLEADING AND UNRELIABLE INFORMATION.

“Then, tell me WHY YOU KILLED THEM…This is that kind of a place, isn’t it? You have to kill others if you want to live…It’s not a crime to want to live.”

THAT IS THE QUESTION. Everything begins and ends with it, Soo has already started to realize that there is nothing black and white in this era, but in her panic, she doesn’t even think that So could have had legitimate reasons, that he could have had motives that wold justify his actions. She turns on him so swiftly, barely giving him the benefit of doubt - she believes the incomplete and distorted historical facts and her superficial knowledge of it RATHER THAN THE MAN SHE HAS KNOWN FOR A YEAR BECAUSE THAT MAN IS THE REAL GWANGJONG, NOT THE MYTH, NOT THE NAME IN HER OLD HISTORY TEXTBOOK. And in that way she belives it more THAN HER OWN HEART WHICH RECOGNIZED HE IS A GOOD PERSON.

I totally agree with you.  That's what I've been saying about HS. 

If that is the mindset of someone who wish to change a person or history, I doubt.  She might as well mess it up miserably.

In Auditing we have a saying that in order to see that something is wrong/not true you should know the real ones or the truth first.  Otherwise it's like a blind leading another blind. :)

• Like 15

PREVIEW: MOON LOVERS: BO BO KYUNG SHIM: RYEO EPISODE 10

ryeo1

The drama has crossed 1 billion viewers online in China and I’m so happy for the cast. Lee Jun Ki has been phenomenal, burning up the screen with his intensity and beauty. We see allegiances formed in the next episode, with Wook and Yo contemplating joining forces. Soo seems stuck in a love rut and we have So declaring cavalierly that “Be it love or nothing… it means the same thing to me.” And yes, our beautiful 4th Prince can’t catch a break, taking poison meant for the Crown Prince.

https://breathlesssurvival.wordpress.com/2016/09/23/preview-moon-lovers-bo-bo-kyung-shim-ryeo-episode-10/

I really cannot even understand until now...what makes this woman so wicked...she even doesn't even care to kill her own child to get into her way....

• Like 24

16 minutes ago, skxz said:

How does this

Turn into this

Wook please don't become evil :( I am so (not) ready to see what he's capable of when he wants to protect/get what he want.

People asking me if I'm ready for next week's episodes.

My heart is not ready.

But Monday can you come already?!?!? Next weeks episodes are going to have me emotionally messed up I cannot deal with everything that's going to happen. 

Cr: tumblr

The image of Wook with his hair all up with the gold crown, that's what So was wearing when Soo had image of him as the future king.  By the style on Wook, he stepped up his ranking (not just a prince).  

• Like 14

4 minutes ago, Yippeuni said:

I really cannot even understand until now...what makes this woman so wicked...she even doesn't even care to kill her own child to get into her way....

@Yippeuni   I rewatch that scene of the family dinner with the evil Queen and children and that scene gives me shivers how can a mother no matter how desperate you want the throne you don't tell your on child to kill his own brother..  Most Queens SMH But I love how she knows shr has no control over WS.. She thought she could use that so acceptance and motherly love on him.. She thiks Ws is playing when he told her if he kills the CP he may as become CP himself can you not blame him..

As for HS it will be WY and WW trying to kill WW will want Ws dead because of Hs and Wy will be going after the CP unless it would be vise versa.. I think HS will find out thsat WW and WY are planning to kill the CP and WS.. 

• Like 15

20 minutes ago, briseis said:

“What if I can change it? I can prevent accidents from happening. I can turn bad into good or… I could help change King Gwangjong’s future. I can do it. I won’t ignore it. I won’t let anyone become unhappy. ”

HAE SO IS PLAYING GOD NOW! She wants to change history she knows basically nothing about; she is talking about everyine as if they were mere human chess pieces she could control and manipulate according to her will; and selfishly change their life just because of a couple of sentences she vaguely remembers from her history lesson at high school, BUT SHE DOESN’T HAVE THE RIGHT TO DO THAT, NEITHER DOES SHE HAVE THE RIGHT TO JUDGE GWANGJONG’S ACTIONS, at least not without knowing the truth behind them.

“I’m most scared of myself. Not you, Your Highness.”  - Hae Soo (EP04)

In the end, Hae Soo was right - she just might be the scariest person out there because the most dangerous people are those who are guided by half-truths and in their ignorance act on them. Because in her desperation to prevent all the terrible things she thinks will happen, she causes something much worse.

“If you leave like this the 10th Prince loses his chance to apologize. You will all grow apart. You’re brothers, right?” - Hae Soo (EP07)

“Beware of Prince So. Beware of Prince So. Avoid him. Do not get in his way. If you do you will all die.” - Hae Soo (EP09)

Ironically, it’s Hae Soo who makes the brothers grow apart in the end. She sows the seeds of doubt in Wook’s mind, SETTTING UP ONE BROTHER AGAINST ANOTHER WITH IT AND INITIATING THE STRIFE OF THE PRINCES, VIRTUALLY STARTING A WAR WITH HER ACTIONS - just because of some visions she doesn’t even know whether they are true or not, and hazy memory of her history lessons. She is basically accusing an innocent man of crimes he hasn’t committed. Hasn’t she ever heard about presumption of innocence?! It’s as if she has completely forgotten he is the person who was ready to fight the whole world for her. But fate is a swift richard simmons - as a punishment for betraying and not believing in the man who trusted her so completely and who laid his heart to her feet, and for not realizing she is falling for him, she will lose him in the end.

“What about Prince Wook? What happens to him?” - Hae Soo (EP09)

“I was 11 years old. When I first took a life… I was 11 years old.” - Wook (EP03)

She is so ready to see So as the ultimate villain, but HS has actually never seen him kill anyone. She did see Wook kill, though, but strangely she isn’t doubting him or being afraid of him, even though the truth is SHE DOESN’T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT HIM. She doesn’t know him from history nor does she know anything about HIM because he never told her about his goals and ambitions.

He is AS RUTHLESS AND MERCILESS KILLER AS WANG SO IS, maybe even more so because SO DOESN’T HIDE IT under facade of refinement and kindness. Wook’s story about his first kill shows he was exposed to violence and has been killing people since a very early age - and something like that leaves traces; it would twist anyone. That’s the first hint of Wook’s inner darkness.

Wah you really explained what is in my mind... That's the reason I turned mad to Hae Soo. She would not make it better, but she just make all worse and worse. Yeah, she's the ultimate monster trigger here actually and that would make her suffer in guilty till the end. As you've said she would lost Wang So because her brainless actions.

Sorry for my rude comments here about here inconsistent actions towards Wang So. What she did was the worst than Wang So's mothers. I know that I should tried think in Hae Soo's plcae. But multiple time, I still couldn't get it her minds, I just learnt her from previous episodes. She just saw Wang So almost to let her die and saw Wang So with bloody face. But she suddenly forgot how Wang So saved her life. Meanwhile, she knew Wang Wook killed people since 11 y.o.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa......... I hope I could realease all my anger because of Hae Soo. Please Hae Soo, he also tried his best to save you. Even when they wanna run from the marriage, till the end Wang So still willingly did that. Hae Soo surrender because YH said that all brothers could die. But WS still kept her. See that!!!!! WS seriously had guts to take her run away from that marriage if Hae Soo asked him.

• Like 14