[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

5 minutes ago, shiraru said:

My personal opinion, I think she's singled out because most viewers are able to sympathize with Wang So more. We see from episodes to episodes that he was treated horribly by most people around him, and he couldn't seem to catch a break. And for every conclusion about his hardship, he's still hated/treated horribly. Like typical underdog, we expect him to rise above all the hardships in the end, even though maybe we have to see him get beaten down again, maybe countless times. It's different with Hae Soo because even though yes, she had her fair share of hardship in Goryeo and cause big ruckus(es) with her 21th century action and mindset, but at the conclusion of her so-called ruckus, she's still loved by most characters. Basically, to some of the viewers, Wang So hasn't catch his break, while Hae Soo has catch her break many-many times, that's why Wang So deserves to be loved than Hae Soo, and that's why she got so much flack from the latest episode. Also, some of the viewers can't seem to allow her breaking down as in episode 9, because it felt inconsistent from the bubbly Hae Soo we come to love and know, they forgot that she's a just a human character that is able to have her lowest point.

Almost everyone is sympathetic towards So including me... he appeals to our maternal protective instinct as well as a underdog point of view... the question I have is why are we allowing the love we have for one character become unreasonable attitude towards the other... its not one or the other we can love and understand both... 

• Like 15

15 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

Selfish in the sense, she likes feeling loved. Selfish as she wants people to feel happy but at the same time, she enjoys this feeling that she is responsible for their happiness. Do you understand why I am judging her like that? But honestly, everyone is selfish so that I am not saying, she is a bad person. Nobody is perfect but Hae Soo is trying to maintain this image of her that she is perfect because she is so good. 

Yes, I believe that she played the same game with Wang wook. She knew at some point the meaning of the poem and answered to it. She didn't want to reject Wang Wook because she also knew that he loved her. Therefore her "love" is just superficial. She never told Wang Wook, she loved him (episode 9) and she had the opportunity. She keeps acting like a saint (helping all of them, smiling, being nice and gentle) but she is not. She wants to survive and be loved.

So now imagine her horror, when she finds out that her goodness would have such a bad impact... this would tarnish the good image she had been giving to others and to herself. This would make her feel guilty and she usually avoids to feel guilty. Moreover, she is not nice, since she is keeping both princes in the dark. She wants to be aknowledged and loved. But she has not really given her heart to anyone that's why she could be so mad at her ex-boyfriend, got over it very quickly. Wang So is different because he saw her true personality, since she never cared for his good opinion, this had the opposite effect. He felt attracted to her because she was not gentle. She was honest and that's what matters to Wang So.

Sorry to cut in but since you are making a statement that Hae Soo's love for Wook is superficial , can you backup your Statement with the instances that clearly portray her love to be superficial.... I dont at all think her love for Wook is superficial... it is Real as Real as the love that any of us experience in our lives... we fall in love with a person for some unexplainable reason... 

She does not need to say that she loves wook in words in order for her love to be Real... 

She never pretended that she had no feelings for Wook.... nor did she have any reason to openly proclaim them....

She never did accept anyones physical intiimacy except Wook.... 

She never accepted anyones feelings except wook...

Caring for other guys as friends does not mean she strung them along....

Once you fall in love with someone cant you have guy friends.... and even if she knew he had crush on her.... but didnt act on it.. or force her... what reason would she have to cut her friendship.... with Eun...

Even with So she was vocal and physical with her objections and Rejections to his Physical advances each time...

Dont think Soo has some complex about being in everyones good books since she  does give befitting replies to anyone stamping on her self esteem.... she is good to others because she is a good person ....

• Like 13

I think we have a dissonance or clash in how we perceive So and Hae Soo. The audience's is very easily guided into sympathy for So, he's such an evocative character without the tragic back story and we even rationalise our empathy for him as we examine who he is.

But sympathy for Hae Soo is more difficult to conceive because well...people are treating her very well in comparison to So and even other females of the time. We can empathize with her, share her distress and horror but do we really sympathize with her? She's falling in love with too beautiful princes, the other princes adore her and well...she's survived death to become a person how can change history.

• Like 19

52 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

Selfish in the sense, she likes feeling loved. Selfish as she wants people to feel happy but at the same time, she enjoys this feeling that she is responsible for their happiness. Do you understand why I am judging her like that? But honestly, everyone is selfish so that I am not saying, she is a bad person. Nobody is perfect but Hae Soo is trying to maintain this image of her that she is perfect because she is so good. 

Yes, I believe that she played the same game with Wang wook. She knew at some point the meaning of the poem and answered to it. She didn't want to reject Wang Wook because she also knew that he loved her. Therefore her "love" is just superficial. She never told Wang Wook, she loved him (episode 9) and she had the opportunity. She keeps acting like a saint (helping all of them, smiling, being nice and gentle) but she is not. She wants to survive and be loved.

So now imagine her horror, when she finds out that her goodness would have such a bad impact... this would tarnish the good image she had been giving to others and to herself. This would make her feel guilty and she usually avoids to feel guilty. Moreover, she is not nice, since she is keeping both princes in the dark. She wants to be aknowledged and loved. But she has not really given her heart to anyone that's why she could be so mad at her ex-boyfriend, got over it very quickly. Wang So is different because he saw her true personality, since she never cared for his good opinion, this had the opposite effect. He felt attracted to her because she was not gentle. She was honest and that's what matters to Wang So.

Ok so that analysis of being Selfish makes more sense to me. But why cant we not use that word selfish ? She just wants to be happy seeing others happy and she is not seeking anything else in return but smiles and happiness  ( doing makeup for WS is is example she did it so that he will not hav to go through same pain n turmoil again) she dint want him to give her anything big in return.

And as you said, she is so good then she does not need to maintain any image, cause  one has to maintain image when its opposite of what they are truely at heart and have to pretend what they are not really.. She is good and she just does good to all.

Also For me being selfish means you calculate what you get (materialisticly) after giving or doing something for soemone ), do we have to include happiness and smiles in that category too ?

Forfot to add one more point.. in the opening scene when saw HJ with nothing but a makepkit and soju bottle. She shared that soju bottle with homeless unknown man sitting beside her looking at her bottle. She dint have to maintain her image there, she coild have jusr ignored him but she dint. Next she dived into the pond ro save the drowning boy, she could have ignored that too even she tried but she could not. . Cause she is good at heart and wants to help people around known or unknown with their life... I cant spell it as being selfish.

Agree with last point.. her love for WW is superficial (my POV.. reason. All she know about Wook is good things and when you like someone you know only all good things real love comes in picture only when you have seen both good n bad sides of them to weigh if you can really go with good side keeping bad side in check.) and now when her feelings are stirred by another man she is bit confused how to manage both.and keeping both in dark is opposite of her being good and she is indeed feeling guily (or will feel in future). It will hurt WW if she tells him she dint love him and hurt WS even more if she rejects his feelings. But in all this course she is also suffering ( cause of her own actions or lack of for not clearing things before) and she has to be questioned for the same but not be blamed that she was behaving out of character while asking WA to leave.

Hope I could write it clear to make you understand what I wanted to say...

@SukBin chingu those are our ultimate ships no second thought about it.

• Like 17

30 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

i think Hae Soo is perfectly mirror Ruoxi in a way that she ALWAYS want people to be happy around her... its what she feeding on in order to brush off the fact that she stranded in an era that  she have nobody but the prince.. i used to discuss this with my sister Ruoxi know every each of prince like and dislike and how to handle them.. she bonded with them and later on know how to use the prince for what she want.. its a little manipulative in a way but she done what she need to do in order to survive in palace..

she use mind of games with the prince but with 4th he knew what Ruoxi are.. the REAL Ruoxi that's why he can always predict what Ruoxi will do... 

she really love all the prince and 4th but remember what she said.. she want to live!!! so what she did is to protect herself...

its the same with HS.. although i think she loved WW but she never really fall head over heels toward WW.. she never said i love you back... what she want is someone to protect her and love her its does't really matter about what she feels.. when she think that WW will never able to brought her out from palace there is no hurt or heart breaking its just she accept there is nothing he can do...

but with WS... when she realized that because of her WS will be KG she scared and terrified.. best option is to stay away from WS but she determine to help him change thing.. she will do anything at this point to prevent him became a cruel person.. but after the vision she break down not because of the scene but the fact that she can't change anything at all about him.. the fact that whatever she do he still will be KG.. that break her heart and she goes to panic mode.. because of her WS will be KG , because of her Eun die and because of her WS will changed..

she do not notice it yet but she already falling for WS based on what she done for him.. what she need right now is something happen to WS to make her realize that..

its the same with WS when he saw HS cut herself the inner him embracing the fact that HS is special to him...

• Like 14

I love how involved we are in the lives of our OTP and other characters.

I think it's things like these that make this thread a joy to be in.

We are all entitled to our opinions and our ships, even if the ship is destined to sink because it is not the OTP.

Thanks for all the similar and differing opinions, the insights and the theories.

• Like 15

I for one love Haesoo's character overall, but if i can critique our heroine in one way, (which in most part is due to the writer's fault), is that they keep forgetting to write Haesoo in a way where she has come from the 21st century. For a girl who has been in a relationship before, and was cheated on, I'm pretty sure she well knows the repercussions of getting intimate with people. For example, I personally thought the scar tracing scene was very intimate. Like, even in this modern day, if i had a lowkey boyfriend (or was exclusively seeing someone) I would not be getting so close to another guy like that. Some could say it was an innocent action, but I'm pretty sure 21st century Hajin well knows the implications of these kinds of actions. She even knew straight away that Eun had a crush on her, so I find it hard to believe she'd have no clue Wangso was falling in love with her.

I think that's more to do with the writer's fault, as well the obvious need for plot progression!! LOL. But no character is perfect, and I totally can empathise why Haesoo would react the way she did after those premonitions if I was in the same boat as her.

• Like 20

i been backtrack all the post and i read the director said its sadder than c version??????????

what even i read now??? i mean i don't think any drama will surpass BBJX sad love story.. no its not really sad but heartbreaking and heart wrenching one... the love between the lead is so deep but the hate between them is running deep as well.. the betrayal , the misunderstanding and last but not least Ruoxi hate the emperor so much but love 4th deeply... its make you exhausting to watch them , to cry with them also to strangle them to death.. 

how can the director top that story???? what else he can throw in WS and HS relationship to make it more miserable??? gosh it make me kinda nervous about how to cop with what will coming in our way in OTP love story...

DON'T MIND ME.. I JUST RANTING ON MY OWN...... :cry:

Cs8syLYUsAA15mw.jpg

my OTP:heart:

• Like 24

4 minutes ago, novemberschopin said:

For a girl who has been in a relationship before, and was cheated on, I'm pretty sure she well knows the repercussions of getting intimate with people. For example, I personally thought the scar tracing scene was very intimate. Like, even in this modern day, if i had a lowkey boyfriend (or was exclusively seeing someone) I would not be getting so close to another guy like that. Some could say it was an innocent action, but I'm pretty sure 21st century Hajin well knows the implications of these kinds of actions. She even knew straight away that Eun had a crush on her, so I find it hard to believe she'd have no clue Wangso was falling in love with her.

My doubts same to same...

Its the inconsistency with character writing by writer who wrote HS  as one inteligent, self dependent gal who could look at WE stuttering act to understand he had crush on her why could not she read reaction of WW or WSs for that matter as any love/like towards her.

But for that makeup part.. I guess she was a makeup artist in 21st century and being it a part of her job she dint think of it as any more intimating than WS considering  killing people as cruelity.. (possible we can find more clarification on her act by someone else too)

• Like 17

5 hours ago, hallyus said:

@meahri_1 oh thank you for mentioning me about that! @bebebisous33 I'm really sorry that I must have been missed your post about it! :bawling: but I'm glad that it means that some of us think the same about the representation of Moon and Sun to both our leads, however I cannot help but feel sad to the truth that maybe... just maybe... that they are deeply in love with each other but too different to exist side by side. It's a description that well matches with BBJX C-ver ending IMO.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So today I spent my time re-watching all the episodes, and now I understand why Hae Soo is seemingly to be very sure about the history, especially about Gwangjong who will be the 4th King of Georyeo (however at that time she has no idea that Gwangjong is actually Wang So).

Still remember the first premonition she got after she injured herself to cut the ties with Taejo? So actually, in this premonition, she learned that there are 3 Kings whom will be dead, consecutively.

She got a brief view of Taejo's death. Taejo is the 1st King of Georyeo.

Next, she got the view of the death of the 2nd King of Georyeo Hyejong, or we know him now as Crown Prince, Wang Mu. Is he drowned? Oh notice the clothes he wear, it's the King's attire. So for sure he will ascend to the throne after Taejo's death.

Reveal hidden contents

Later is the death of the 3rd King Jeongjong or we know him better as Wang Yo. I got the other scene from the 6mins trailer. But it seems that he died in shock? (is that why he only ruled Georyeo in such a short period? Someone killed him?) Look at his face.

This is the premonition that Hae Soo got about the 3rd King. Aren't both picture similar?

Reveal hidden contents

At the end of the premonition, we see her standing watching the throne before the picture of blurry Gwangjong comes out. 

Although she isn't sure about Hyejong and Jeongjong, but her premonition is clear. It tells her that there will be another 2 kings before Gwangjong ascend to the throne. She said "Something about Gwangjong is bothering me. I'm forgetting something. Goryeo's fourth king, Gwangjong. Yes, Gwangjong is the fourth king.", emphasized to the latter sentence because from the premonition, she just remembered a part of history. However, if her premonition is based on history, why she got premonition about herself? I think it fits more to say that she sees the future. And guess, this ability doesn't help her to see whether she can change the future or not based on her actions, since she keeps getting another scene that even worse and terrifies her.

Reveal hidden contents

@dhia205 no wonder you're a Legend :D tapi aku salut banget lho yang bisa multitasking live-recapping/live-blogging sambil nonton. Aku pernah nyoba tapi gagal! Haha

@junee22 enaknya emang download, aku biasanya habis nonton one channel, besoknya download sbs version. Gara2 directornya nih. Bikin dua versi bikin puyeng :angry:

thanks for your post!!!!

I also think she is having premonitions about Gwangjong that are not memories from her school lessons or her creations. Either is she reliving the same life once again or she is having future visions. It just that she is not knowing their meaning yet. I remember there was another time when she thought about Gwangjong with fear - both times I had the feeling that she is scared about it more than it would be normal for a normal girl from future. In my opinion it is not because she is exaggerating and having a bad judgement- my guess is that is because he is her soulmate and not just because he was a cruel king. Like when someone discovers that the criminal everyone is looking for, is just her/his lover. That someone wouldnt be terrified just because of killing, it would be more terrified the lover is the criminat. I dont know if I made myself clear ...:)

I like the idea of soulmate and specially I treasure the idea of her soul making a journey to the past in order to find him. So I am biased toward interpreting this as a premonition about her soulmate, even if she is not aware and not in love with him!!! Before she even fall in love with him, she can see things that would happen to him, things that would be a bad karma for him and  - like general already told him!!! - make him needing many reincarnations in order to pay his debts! (Maybe each of us heard about people who have dreamt a very important life event before it happens, and found out the meaning of the dream only AFTER things happen. One of my friend dreamt her husband almost half a year before she meet him, )

So, in my imagination she is so afraid and terrified cause is really her soulmate who is Gwangjong ! like if she would be reborn in another time with another cruel king she wouldnt be so terrified! But I thinks she misreads her fear as just a fear of cruelty and her desire to change the history as a desire to save his brothers. But maybe is more related to him than to his brothers. It seems that even if she is not loving him, no matter how her feelings are, she is fated to help him! Like her purpose in life ir related somenhow to him! Her make up for him is one of this kind of "fated to happen" - also he aleady make up his mind to do the ritual and also raining would be happening, it was her destiny to give him a help. This was something that scared her. In conclusion, I interpret her fear as more than the fear of  sensitive and loving 21th century girl in face of a dark middle age cruel king. It is this, but is also more than this. Is the fear someone has when is about someone your destiny is tied up with ....

• Like 20

1 hour ago, shiraru said:

My personal opinion, I think she's singled out because most viewers are able to sympathize with Wang So more. We see from episodes to episodes that he was treated horribly by most people around him, and he couldn't seem to catch a break. And for every conclusion about his hardship, he's still hated/treated horribly. Like typical underdog, we expect him to rise above all the hardships in the end, even though maybe we have to see him get beaten down again, maybe countless times. It's different with Hae Soo because even though yes, she had her fair share of hardship in Goryeo and cause big ruckus(es) with her 21th century action and mindset, but at the conclusion of her so-called ruckus, she's still loved by most characters. Basically, to some of the viewers, Wang So hasn't catch his break, while Hae Soo has catch her break many-many times, that's why Wang So deserves to be loved than Hae Soo, and that's why she got so much flack from the latest episode. Also, some of the viewers can't seem to allow her breaking down as in episode 9, because it felt inconsistent from the bubbly Hae Soo we come to love and know, they forgot that she's a just a human character that is able to have her lowest point.

I think you are right. My sister and I "debated" about this last scene and she had no problem accepting HS's POV, and she asked me why everyone was so protective of WS.  When I thought about it, everything you said @shiraruis true but also for me I don't think I can split WS and LJG apart. I am a big fan of LJG and he plays the part of WS so well that they are one in my mind. I tried to picture another actor in the role (if at all possible) and I don't think I would have been that affronted by HS's rejection and actions because she is the main protagonist and as such we should be leaning more towards herPOV. Aargh, I don't know if I am making any sense here, just wish Monday will come quickly. They should have ended ep 9 with the beach scene. It would have saved everyone a lot of angst for the whole week :crazy:    

• Like 16

1 hour ago, dhia205 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

@hallyus legend just a number of post Lol.. I think i'm one of the few legend who not good at analysts, i just watching without too much thinking this and that, that's why you guys amazed me. 

live blogging is fun, lagian besoknya kan nontin hasil download. jadinya gak masalah hahah...

@solelylurking kenapa ibu RT? kalo d panggil emak2 kan terlalu fulgar say Lol, aku jg g ngeh awalnya kenapa dia tiba2 memanas, padahal kayanya cuma 1% dr kita yg bawa2 rating drama tetangga. dan kayanya masa2 penghuni ML thread ngebadingin sama rating sebelah udah lewat lama. I don't know maybe she back read tio much,

@KdramaSwimmer

Spoiler

I'm not..coz I don't have the channel that airs the show/shows..namely..Mahabharat,Mohabbatein(the series),Ashok(the series),Navya etc (I couldn't remember it all..while for me..I'm only interested on SRK's movies..oh and Hrithik Roshan..of course..hahaha

Sorry for this..bad connection again..ignore this post chingu :)

• Like 1

I've got loads to say...

First of all...HELLO EVERYONE!Just created an account a few minutes ago just so that i can also make my thoughts known about this drama.So if there is any problems that i experience here whilst trying to post something help me out k?I have actually read the posts here since 2 weeks ago.You guys r AWESOME!:grin::heart: Thanks to all of you sharing your thoughts and opinions,I am able to understand the drama better and also helped me judge for myself the flow of the drama.Thanks tou guys too that I can share info to my other frens who r watching the drama (but obviously not obsessed as me...hahaha).Oh and may I also say that @bebebisous33 has the most insightful opinions and analysis about this drama.Am always excited to see what u post:D

Secondly,Thanks to u guys I have actually been thinking about some ways that the story may progress.Ok so I saw pics on 1 of our OTPs-Baek Ah and WooHee.WooHee's arrival in the palace would mean that she has to perform that sworddance she was practicing right?There must be some event going on.Could that event be about midautumn festival?

I remembered the part where WooHee said to BaekAh something like "If you are BaekAh then I am your attendant".I know I read someone posted that in a story, the "attendant" (I blame the eng subbers cos I know that's not what their conversation meant) was supposed to meet Baek Ah at the same spot where they first met on midautumn festival.Then there is that pic where WS and HS had that "mask kiss".The surrounding in the pic seemed like there was an eventgoing on.I know initially the scene was supposed to be about the arrival of China's envoy.But what if that scene had been used for a midautumn festival scene instead?And since IU said ep11 is fun,could this be 1 of the scenes that we may see?...Or am I getting ahead of myself?:rolleyes:

Post and comment more cos I love to see all of your opinions on the drama.Your comments may even inspire me and I can have more views to post here too!:heart: and BIG HUGS to you all for continuing to support SHR!!!

• Like 18

15 minutes ago, dramu51ch0c10ve said:

The surrounding in the pic seemed like there was an eventgoing on.I know initially the scene was supposed to be about the arrival of China's envoy.But what if that scene had been used for a midautumn festival scene instead?And since IU said ep11 is fun,could this be 1 of the scenes that we may see?...Or am I getting ahead of myself?:rolleyes:

I think is too soon for SoSoo be that happy and in love together in episode 11 :sweatingbullets: If that scene ever see the light (hopefully:tears:), I think it will be around episode 14.

For me what happens in episode 11 is probably the peck kiss. :) 

• Like 10

Spoiler

@junee22 @dhia205 @solelylurking @hallyus Hola! kalian orang Indonesia?? Ya ampuun.:w00t: hahaha ga nyangka bakal ketemu orang-orang Indonesia juga disini, kukira cuma ada orang luar negeri doang. wkwk Aku baru di forum dan biasanya cuma liat-liat bentar, baca komen, terus udah, tapi gara-gara drama ini jadi bikin akun. wkwk Really nice to meet you guys!!:D:D

• Like 8