[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

On 9/22/2016 at 11:57 PM, LyraYoo said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Yes. We have the Wang So- Hae Soo dynamics but I also want to insert this alternate OTP into our discussion . Hihi.

One of the strengths of this drama is the ability of Lee Joon Gi to project a sageuk personality into life. Only few actors I know in Korea (I mean few, I can't remember only two actors him and the other one) who can execute a full body , full frame action stunt with a horse. 

Reveal hidden contents

I have been watching him with horseback action during his past dramas, but I must say in Scarlet Heart Ryeo he did more to showcase his skills. Definitely this drama is his epitome  and he want to end his 30's with the peak of SHR as his concluding period drama.

"Lee Jun Ki has been doing all of his own horseback action scenes without a stunt double. He's so good at horseback riding that he can move sets on his horse. Even the actors who specialize in martial arts are awed. It's also nice to see him always be with the horses during filming. He takes care of the horse so the horse can do its best." (From Joseon Gunman BTS article)

And ever wonder how he would able to manage his dynamics and action stunts with the horse? He said

"I talk to the horses a lot, and pet them all the time. Horseriding skills are important, but we need to also trust each other. I'm greedy for action. Especially in traditional dramas, good action scenes come out only when you can ride horses well, so I worked and practiced a lot. You can look forward to the action scenes my character has with the horses."

Episode 1 first meeting of Hae Soo and Wang So left a deep impression to us because not only because of the chemistry of LJE and LJK, the action was essential on that scene. And based on BTS, we saw that JG didnt use any stand in to complete that sequence. Amazing, as always.

Episode 10, maybe 

Lee Joon Gi Instagram update !! Behind the scene of upcoming drama 'Scarlet Heart : Ryeo'  4th Prince Wang So with his horse~ ㅋㅋ - Don't forget, First episode on August 29th, guys!! Keep waiting~!! #scarletheartryeo #scarletheart_ryeo #moonlovers #보보경심려 #leejoongi #4thprince #filming #wangso

Haha not sure if I'm doing this right :P  But I agree - as a rider myself, although not currently, I just love seeing Lee Joon Gi on a horse - yes my OTP haha.  His hands seem very light on the horses mouth :P and they seem to have great chemistry:p  In the photo above  in the sea the horse splashing looks like it might want to roll.  I notice Joon Gi has kept the horses head up with his reins high haha.  He knows what he is doing alright.

Edited by LyraYoo
  • Like 15

6 hours ago, briseis said:

“What if I can change it? I can prevent accidents from happening. I can turn bad into good or… I could help change King Gwangjong’s future. I can do it. I won’t ignore it. I won’t let anyone become unhappy. ”

HAE SO IS PLAYING GOD NOW! She wants to change history she knows basically nothing about; she is talking about everyone as if they were mere human chess pieces she could control and manipulate according to her will; and selfishly change their life just because of a couple of sentences she vaguely remembers from her history lesson at high school, BUT SHE DOESN’T HAVE THE RIGHT TO DO THAT, NEITHER DOES SHE HAVE THE RIGHT TO JUDGE GWANGJONG’S ACTIONS, at least not without knowing the truth behind them.

“I’m most scared of myself. Not you, Your Highness.”  - Hae Soo (EP04)

In the end, Hae Soo was right - she just might be the scariest person out there because the most dangerous people are those who are guided by half-truths and in their ignorance act on them. Because in her desperation to prevent all the terrible things she thinks will happen, she causes something much worse.

“If you leave like this the 10th Prince loses his chance to apologize. You will all grow apart. You’re brothers, right?” - Hae Soo (EP07)

“Beware of Prince So. Beware of Prince So. Avoid him. Do not get in his way. If you do you will all die.” - Hae Soo (EP09)

Ironically, it’s Hae Soo who makes the brothers grow apart in the end. She sows the seeds of doubt in Wook’s mind, SETTTING UP ONE BROTHER AGAINST ANOTHER WITH IT AND INITIATING THE STRIFE OF THE PRINCES, VIRTUALLY STARTING A WAR WITH HER ACTIONS - just because of some visions she doesn’t even know whether they are true or not, and hazy memory of her history lessons. She is basically accusing an innocent man of crimes he hasn’t committed. Hasn’t she ever heard about presumption of innocence?! It’s as if she has completely forgotten he is the person who was ready to fight the whole world for her. But fate is a swift richard simmons - as a punishment for betraying and not believing in the man who trusted her so completely and who laid his heart to her feet, and for not realizing she is falling for him, she will lose him in the end.

“What about Prince Wook? What happens to him?” - Hae Soo (EP09)

“I was 11 years old. When I first took a life… I was 11 years old.” - Wook (EP03)

She is so ready to see So as the ultimate villain, but HS has actually never seen him kill anyone. She did see Wook kill, though, but strangely she isn’t doubting him or being afraid of him, even though the truth is SHE DOESN’T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT HIM. She doesn’t know him from history nor does she know anything about HIM because he never told her about his goals and ambitions.

He is AS RUTHLESS AND MERCILESS KILLER AS WANG SO IS, maybe even more so because SO DOESN’T HIDE IT under facade of refinement and kindness. Wook’s story about his first kill shows he was exposed to violence and has been killing people since a very early age - and something like that leaves traces; it would twist anyone. That’s the first hint of Wook’s inner darkness.

Thank you for speaking my mind. I thought the exact same thing after watching the latest episode but didn't know how to transcribe it into such a coherent and compelling analysis as yours :) 

To tell the truth, I read some earlier posts justifying HS's reactions towards WS and found them all reasonable and convincing. Yet, I can't help but still get a feeling of disappointment, discontent and even irritation at the way HS is treating WS. That makes me wonder whether I'm being irrational and unfair for staying mad at HS, despite knowing that her behaviors are understandable. Therefore, I was hesitant to post my opinion on that matter.

Now after I've finished reading your post, I just want to share my two cents here. HS's sudden change of heart in ep 9 left me speechless really. It's really ironic, isn't it? That she has gone back on every single word she spoke to WS. Just a moment ago when she was helping him cover up his scar, she promised him she wouldn't change if she received his trust. Then a vision of Qwangjong poped up in her head and she started freaking out. A few days later, another vision flashed through her mind, this time of WS killing WE, and she went straight to panic mode without even questioning if what she saw was a mere illusion or a product of her imagination (or of her shallow historical knowledge). WS, on the other hand, has no idea what he's done so wrong that she keeps trembling in front of him and wants to push him away. My heart aches when watching HS blurt out to WS that she wants him to leave and that he's gonna destroy everything in the end. I remember during that scene she also said something like she thought she could change things but she was wrong. However, if my memory serves me right, she hasn't done anything since the first vision she had about King Qwangjong and nothing severe has actually happened at this point for her to think that way. Suppose that she did try to save things but she failed eventually, what she said to WS would've made more sense and I would be less upset. Well, it may not be her fault but a weakness in the plot that makes her character appear like a fickle person and stirs up a controversy over her turning back on WS.

Yes you're absolutely right. The one who broke the fragile bond between WS and his brothers is HS herself but unfortunately, she is unable to realize that at her current state. Her warnings linger in Wook's mind and he seems to take them seriously. HS's words make him more aware of WS, whom he had considered powerless and somewhat pitiful before, and he will keep an eye on his 4th brother from now on, that's for sure.

I read somewhere on this thread (or maybe on other forums, I just can't remember) that HS's efforts to save the other Princes, especially her dear WW, might lead her to the decision to stay by WS's side. I don't want this theory to come true at all because it would be so unfair and cruel for WS. I'd rather see my ship of HS-WS sink into deep water than see HS approach WS with something up her sleeve. He loves her sincerely and wholeheartedly so unless she can return that love with the same affections, she shouldn't be together with him. 

Sorry about my rambling but I have kept these thoughts to myself since I finished ep 9 and just want to have somewhere to share them out. Anyway, as IU said ep 11 is gonna be a fun ep, I'm looking forward to some brighter moments for our So-Soo couple. HS will calm down and be back to her normal self. Hope that after WS sacrifices himself by drinking poisoned tea to save her, she will be able to realize her true feelings for him, otherwise it would be a huge disappointment to us :<

• Like 17

Btw, for those who live in the Southern California area and have KSCI or LA18 channel (it's usually channel 18 in most areas) - MLSHR will begin airing this Monday, Sept 26th from 9-10 PM PST and will be replacing "Doctors" :wub::wub: with eng subs. I'm not sure which version they will air but I think it might be the international/original version. It'll be a few episodes behind because it's airing its 1st episode this week but with the amount of times I've rewatched the episodes (which I'm sure I'm not alone in this :P), I absolutely do not mind....

• Like 14

12 minutes ago, hallyus said:

Reveal hidden contents

@dhia205 no wonder you're a Legend :D tapi aku salut banget lho yang bisa multitasking live-recapping/live-blogging sambil nonton. Aku pernah nyoba tapi gagal! Haha

@junee22 enaknya emang download, aku biasanya habis nonton one channel, besoknya download sbs version. Gara2 directornya nih. Bikin dua versi bikin puyeng :angry:

@meahri_1 oh thank you for mentioning me about that! @bebebisous33 I'm really sorry that I must have been missed your post about it! :bawling: but I'm glad that it means that some of us think the same about the representation of Moon and Sun to both our leads, however I cannot help but feel sad to the truth that maybe... just maybe... that they are deeply in love with each other but too different to exist side by side. It's a description that well matches with BBJX C-ver ending IMO.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So today I spent my time re-watching all the episodes, and now I understand why Hae Soo is seemingly to be very sure about the history, especially about Gwangjong who will be the 4th King of Georyeo (however at that time she has no idea that Gwangjong is actually Wang So).

Still remember the first premonition she got after she injured herself to cut the ties with Taejo? So actually, in this premonition, she learned that there are 3 Kings whom will be dead, consecutively.

She got a brief view of Taejo's death. Taejo is the 1st King of Georyeo.

y6uVUyn.png

Next, she got the view of the death of the 2nd King of Georyeo Hyejong, or we know him now as Crown Prince, Wang Mu. Is he drowned? Oh notice the clothes he wear, it's the King's attire. So for sure he will ascend to the throne after Taejo's death.

RsyfIcA.jpg

MEN3Q0i.jpg

Later is the death of the 3rd King Jeongjong or we know him better as Wang Yo. I got the other scene from the 6mins trailer. But it seems that he died in shock? (is that why he only ruled Georyeo in such a short period? Someone killed him?) Look at his face.

A7bCACW.png

This is the premonition that Hae Soo got about the 3rd King. Aren't both picture similar?

fT6nDvB.png

At the end of the premonition, we see her standing watching the throne before the picture of blurry Gwangjong comes out. 

w4S4C35.jpg

Although she isn't sure about Hyejong and Jeongjong, but her premonition is clear. It tells her that there will be another 2 kings before Gwangjong ascend to the throne. She said "Something about Gwangjong is bothering me. I'm forgetting something. Goryeo's fourth king, Gwangjong. Yes, Gwangjong is the fourth king.", emphasized to the latter sentence because from the premonition, she just remembered a part of history. However, if her premonition is based on history, why she got premonition about herself? I think it fits more to say that she sees the future. And guess, this ability doesn't help her to see whether she can change the future or not based on her actions, since she keeps getting another scene that even worse and terrifies her.

WOW! Thank you for that! If it is seen that way maybe that is how history is suppose to be but somehow something changes?

then again if they stick to the c-version, if i am correct ruo xi knew clearly their fate so she stay away and try not to get to attached to them, but she became the catalyst for history to happen.

I am not sure what road HS is going to take, it seems so far that she is really involve in history, seeing as how she told WW to be careful of WS and wondering to herself if she can actually change their fates.

So I am a little confuse how this will turn out, will it be as history was, or would it change because she became involve

• Like 11

Still backtracking to find the video of LJK's interview where he said with a smile that the ending will be happy. Still stuck at page 146.

I think we should also consider that the week ended with ep 9 because of the decision to air 3 ep in the first week, but was originally intended to end with ep 10.

2 days and 4 hours to go till Ep 10!

• Like 20

39 minutes ago, kaoriharang said:

WOW! Thank you for that! If it is seen that way maybe that is how history is suppose to be but somehow something changes?

then again if they stick to the c-version, if i am correct ruo xi knew clearly their fate so she stay away and try not to get to attached to them, but she became the catalyst for history to happen.

I am not sure what road HS is going to take, it seems so far that she is really involve in history, seeing as how she told WW to be careful of WS and wondering to herself if she can actually change their fates.

So I am a little confuse how this will turn out, will it be as history was, or would it change because she became involve

That's the problem. We still don't know whether Haesoo is capable to change their fate, for at least, to be not as miserable as she had seen in the premonition or how the history told her. The story hasn't tell us yet about the probability of the future to change. What we've seen so far is we only got to know that it is for sure Gwangjong is Wang So, and when Wang So killed Eun. We don't know if there is an alternate version of that future.

• Like 9

11 minutes ago, Lady_Lara said:

Correct me, if I'm wrong, but it seemed to me in 9th episode Wang So called Hea Soo by her name for the first time?:)))

From memory ... yes it was the first time he called her 'Soo ah' (so gentle, swoon swoon).  Before he addressed her as 'child/kid' and once he said 'Hae Soo' was after she told him her name at episode 2. 

• Like 13

was reading through all the comments, someone mention WS name means "tree".
Just to clarify, the chinese character in WS name 昭   as seen in episode 8 when he put his name into the "pot" thingy for the rain ritual selection.
(pronounce as zhao in chinese)

in chinese character, his name doesn't mean tree but it means bright or the light, or shine. 

apologies, too lazy to find the comment, just wanna clarify what his name mean cos not sure if anyone has done it.
anyways, it's good to like trees~

• Like 14

9 minutes ago, LyraYoo said:

Hmm.. I have been able to track all his interviews since SHR post production and I don't remember him mentioning about a happy ending. He always mentions about Wang So's obsession to Hae Soo tho :D

___

Some good stuff. SHR is bringing out the artist in us, eh? 

Reveal hidden contents

14358726_1460714360608622_2123539190898914369889_1456632027683522_2946138240529614370416_1456632007683524_15092503559340   14358965_1460714267275298_13403922788610

Hide contents

I am trying to find it. He was wearing his black WS garb during that informal interview, and it looked like it was done during a pictorial. I would like to believe that it wasn't a HS vision for me.:lol:

• Like 7

43 minutes ago, chi13lou said:

Still backtracking to find the video of LJK's interview where he said with a smile that the ending will be happy. Still stuck at page 146.

I think we should also consider that the week ended with ep 9 because of the decision to air 3 ep in the first week, but was originally intended to end with ep 10.

2 days and 4 hours to go till Ep 10!

I came to a conclusion that it's not that good of an idea that it ended with episode 9. They given us a week to feel broken hearted. Episode 9 and 10 should have aired close to each other T^T I'm dying for episode 10...

• Like 9

30 minutes ago, onemella said:

ng through all the comments, s lightomeone mention WS name means "tree".
Just to clarify, the chinese character in WS name 昭   as seen in episode 8 when he put his name into the "pot" thingy for the rain ritual selection.
(pronounce as zhao in chinese)

in chinese character, his name doesn't mean tree but it means bright or the light, or shine. 

apologies, too lazy to find the comment, just wanna clarify what his name mean cos not sure if anyone has done it.
anyways, it's good to like trees~

Just to correct you we never said (as far as i can remeber old posts here) that WSs name means tree Its HSs name (hanja character) means tree. WSs means bright light..

• Like 12

Since the Kiss discussions look to be everywhere that I turn my eyes... heres my take ....

The Kiss from Wang So was completely in Character, since he is supposed to be raised as a Hostage with no love or affection or even minimum human courtesy shown to him... he does not have chance to learn how to comfort a girl, how to lessen a Girl's fears", stop her Panic attack... granted even normal boys would have a hard time in that situation trying to make the Hysterical girl calm..... especially when she is the one that you love the most in the world and she hysterically shouts at you that you are a monster and to get  far away from her.... I cant blame the guy since he never knew the alternative... His Parents are to blame for raising him as a Dog-Wolf...

Similarly I can understand Hae Soo's reaction as well..... She is fond of the 10th Prince as her first friend and she witnessed So's rage and mad laughter culmination in killing Eun and Seondek and along with  her knowledge that Gwangjong is supposed to kill his brothers.... it has made every fear of her to come true ... that she is the one who opened the path that So would walk to become the Gwangjong she fears and kill her first friend and potentially her lover Wook.... of course she will blame  herself first and then So in her fear... its only Human.... cant blame her to overcome her Panic attack and fear of losing her lover and first friend just because it will happen only in the future.... 

• Like 19

16 minutes ago, redfrommars said:

I came to a conclusion that it's not that good of an idea that it ended with episode 9. They given us a week to feel broken hearted. Episode 9 and 10 should have aired close to each other T^T I'm dying for episode 10...

Thays makes it a perfect cliffhanger for prod team to kill us with suspense what will be other side if the scene for whole one week..

Not a good idea though for people like us dying for it...*waiting for moonday*

@LyraYoo thanks for posting the pics of that vid... its so fun to see him changing to chirpy and funny LJK from serious WS as soon as its cut by director... 

• Like 10