[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

DO you guys think the princes hairstyle has any significant meaning? I noticed the younger princes (Wang Eun, Baek Ah and Wang Jung) only tie their hair while the older ones (except our Goryeo fshionista Wang So ;)) had the tiny bun hairstyle. Because it was separate between the age group so i think there must have some meaning to it. 

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, liltash85 said:

DO you guys think the princes hairstyle has any significant meaning? I noticed the younger princes (Wang Eun, Baek Ah and Wang Jung) only tie their hair while the older ones (except our Goryeo fshionista Wang So ;)) had the tiny bun hairstyle. Because it was separate between the age group so i think there must have some meaning to it. 

The bun signifies the man is married. Single men typically wear their hair down while married men no longer can..

• Like 12

5 minutes ago, liltash85 said:

I guess there are posts in previous pages that explaining about this. younger princes have their hair down because they're still single while Yo, Wook, CP are married that's why they have tiny bun hairstyle :) 

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, luci13 said:

good to see you @meahri_1 flooding the thread with your posts now hahaha been long time no see you and @akinahana89 or maybe I was missing both of your posts as I still have other 20 pages that I couldnt backtrack hahahaha 

Annyeong @luci13!! Have been slammed with work Chingu...and had to travel to DC for a conference. I tried hard to keep up, but it was a losing battle. There are still a lot of pages I haven't been able to get to. :(

LOL. Here's another work from DC. It's a little more suggestive....

• Like 24

Thanks for the recent round of spoilers!  Yipeee!  It's almost Monday!

What I like most about this drama is HS gets to fall in love with two men... Twice the romance for me to watch!  :w00t:  Although HS with WW doesn't work out, she'll have a second chance with WS.  I love the idea that even if you break up with what you thought was the love of your life, there is a second chance for love that might be even better than the first. :rolleyes:

That being said, here's what I'm hoping for:

So far between WW and HS, there are a lot of cute, warm, fuzzy moments.  :wub:  KHN has really shocked me with his performance (last time I saw him was in Monstar acting as a high school student!).  As some predicted, his personality may change... and I'm soooooo looking forward to his more intense, jealous side!  With his acting ability, I'm sure he'll have an unforgettable performance, so bring it on! 

Then there's WS and HS... Actually, I'm not really hoping for warm and fuzzies, but more intensity and passion between the two characters!  This is going to be HS's love of her life, so it's gotta be more impactful than her first romance, right?!  Also, when we think of all the stuff WS did for his mother to try to win her affection, what do you think he'll do to win HS's affection?!  I'm expecting some heart fluttering stuff (not just the subtle wooing and little trinkets that Ruoxi got from the 4th prince in the original)!  And LJK, the already amazing actor his is... will surely deliver a heart-wrenching love story.  I am also hoping for some really tear jerking moments actually. :tears:

Finally... some random thoughts on Haesoo's "wild card" prince (possible spoilers due to the mention of the original BBJX...) :phew:

Spoiler

So we still have the 14th Prince as the wild card who ultimately married Ruoxi even though she thought of him as a friend. Actually, even after watching the original I'm not sure if the 14th Prince ever harbored any feelings (besides friendship) for Ruoxi either.  But, do you think that will happen in this version?  I thought the scene in episode 4 where WS and WW saved the 14th prince and HS, yet in the end HS hugged the 14th prince.  I thought the "WTF?" expression were funny on WW and WS.  Was it a potential foreshadowing?

Ji Soo is actually a talented actor, so I don't mind more scenes with HS and the 14th prince. In the original, there was that story line when he and Ruoxi pretended to be lovers because he didn't want to be caught at the Mongolian camp.  I wouldn't mind if that was some how written into this version.  It might be a pretty funny and a cute story line! :w00t:  (Of course seeing a jealous WW or WS if they found out wouldn't be so bad either!)

• Like 19

i read one more info about the real Wang So. So was really exiled in history i guess. The reason of he is being exile is because there is a prophecy that he will coz a bloodshed in the palace if he become a king, that is why he was sent away. I think this is why Queen Yoo sent him away prob she already been told about the prophecy. No wonder she looks extremely terrified when Wang So came to her chamber that night all covered in blood. For a second she might thought that So has done a killing spree in the palace. 

I think rather than anger, Queen Yoo is more afraid of Wang So but she channeled it in hatred form. That is why she is trying hard to prevent Wang So to enter the palace. And she did say that a mother should know which son that could benefit when ascending the throne. Little that she know that the prophecy somehow will come through but later. And I 100% confirm JiMong knew about this kind of prophecies too coz he has that worried look when the princes visit his tower. 

• Like 16

(SPOILERS IN YELLOW)

BBJX, the Chinese version of MLSHR destroyed me with its intense angst in the latter half of its run, but it still is one of my favourite dramas, very well-written and well-acted.  The Korean version, MLSHR, is such a joy to watch for me.  Maybe one reason for me is how light the tone feels so far (perhaps because it's the first part of the series).  Also, it's based off from BBJX with Korean history and the actors are really good in their roles.  Lots of eye candy too xD (and LJK!!!! One of my fave male actors - he has the most expressive facial expressions, which gives us insight into his thinking & feelings without a word.  Last time i watched him acting was in Joseon Gunman (i recommend it by the way, great plot too!)).  I can see the parallels between the Chinese version and the Korean version.  There are slight differences here and there, which is natural, of course, seeing it is a Korean adaptation.  I'm excited for the parallels for HS' love line with WS.  

In the Chinese version, many gifts were given by the 4th prince to the female lead, Rouxi.  I wonder if WS will do the same thing for HS or if not, what gestures will he perform to show his love for her?  I've seen one scene where they're at the beach on his horse (in the trailer) asking her if she wants to run away and how he's willing to do it for her. ***SWOON***  I wonder, did he just take her away from the palace spontaneously?  He seems to be the type to do such a thing, a difference from the Chinese 4th prince who always does things with forethought, but WS is a wild card, very unpredictable. So i'm excited for that…honestly, Chinese 4th prince was boring in many instances, lol.  As for WS, I love his intense nature (except for his killing side: yikes!!!).  So we must expect his love for HS will be intense too?  I just hope it's not suffocating like Chinese 4th prince after he became emperor and claimed Rouxi as his.  I hope WS isn't manipulative with HS either.  Otherwise, he'll be just like his mother, the queen.  I'm really curious about what will get WS to be interested in the throne.  In BBJX, Chinese 4th prince was interested in becoming emperor from the start.  As for WS, I wonder how he'll get to that point to pursue the throne.         

• Like 14

I find comparisons between Wang So and Wang Wook interesting. I feel that these 2 brothers envy what the other has.

Wang Wook was raised with responsibility and people depending on him. He doesn't have the freedom to act on impulse and emotions. Like when he found out that Hae Soo was to be the king's bride, he immediately froze and just let her be taken, where Wang So was willing to defy the orders for Hae Soo if she was against it.

Wang So was basically abandoned and neglected, so he had to depend on himself and think for himself to survive. He yearns attention, love, and wants to be acknowledged/depended on by his family like Wang Wook. Because he was raised away from the strict palace and was not even considered a contender for the throne,  he has less restrictions, and is more willing to fight for his wants/beliefs regardless of consequences.

I think due to circumstances Wang So can prioritize love higher than Wang Wook.

I'm a hopeless romantic so I'm excited to see how Wang So wins over Hae Soo. 

• Like 24

The Concubine Oh is an enigmatic figure. She keeps her face still and schooled all the time, but there are moments when her eyes betray her  - a flicker here, a lowering of the lids there - to show that she knows everything that's going on, the carrying-ons between Wang Wook and Hae Su, for instance. I think she is going to be an important ally for Hae Su; she would probably be future Hae Su, who may become Wook's concubine later...not sure about Crown Prince and Concubine Oh's relationship....she seems very attached to him.

• Like 14

1 hour ago, liltash85 said:

IT shows their marital status: Eun, Jung, Baek Ah and So are not married, while the others are.

• Like 10