[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

LEE HI IS SWEET LIGHTNESS FOR MOON LOVERS: BO BO KYUNG SHIM: RYEO

bbks_lh

I heard this song and knew immediately it was Lee Hi. I’m stoked she’s singing two songs for the drama. I’m still waiting for her ballad-ish one to be released. It’s double whammy for me since I love her voice. Plus, her songs seems to be play during the special moments between Soo and So… all the better for my listening pleasure! No song title known yet but Lee Hi’s cooing “I need you” in it so maybe that might be it.

https://breathlesssurvival.wordpress.com/2016/09/17/lee-hi-is-sweet-lightness-for-moon-lovers-bo-bo-kyung-shim-ryeo/

• Like 22

Lee Hi sung the soundtrack for this drama and i keep repeating that song although it's only a glimpse and i just realised that song was playing where Wang So and Hae Soo scene :D 

start from episode 4 when she tried to block him for not breaking all the rock that the mother has built 

• Like 12

1 hour ago, briseis said:

The relationships between Hae Soo & So and Hae Soo &Wook develop parallelly; however, while the first one feels rather static and Wook barely scrapes the surface of HS’s heart, with So there is always something happening, something that moves it foward, something simmering under the surface, slowly burning and with each step nearing its boling point. The truth is that with each step they take together, their connection is growing deeper and Hae Soo is falling deeper and deeper in love with Wang So without actually realizing it. 

“No matter how I look at it, this place doesn’t suit me. No one recognizes my talent. I am overflowing with talent.”

When they are together Hae Soo and So completely drop their masks. With her he suddenly becomes the man he would have been if he grew up in a functional, non-richard simmons-up family: sweet, funny, adorkable and out-going. On the other hand, she becomes Go Ha Jin with him - the complete opposite of the meek self she shows to Wook - to So she reveals who she really is. She allows herself to be petty and whiny, to complain and show her dissatisfaction.

It’s a side of her she never shows to Wook because she doesn’t have the courage because she is afraid he wouldn’t accept it; and it’s not the only side of herself which she is keeping away from him because she is always so nice and cautious around him - she is keeping away from him her ugly side, her darkness, her fears, her shame and her weaknesses. This is the main reason why Wook is not the right man for her - how can you love someone when you can’t be herself with that person?

But Hae Soo and Wang So have seen each other at their worst, weakest and most vulnerable, and instead of pushing them apart it’s drawing them even closer to each other. It was that brutal and ugly conversation with So which allowed Hae Soo to get over her trauma. Plus So is the exact opposite of Wook - so emotionally open, unguarded, unconventional, modern and passionate. She shows him her worries and frustration and he actually tries to assure and help her in that not very roundabout way of his, giving her advice how to behave and survive in the Palace - they are genuinely communicating which is the main base for a strong relationship.

“Whenever you are growing something, you have to give it a name. You must make friends with it.” 

MY FEELS! How lonely he must have when he was naming trees to compensate for the friends and family he never had?! And he is sharing it with her now; things he has never told anyone. He even starts telling her how he killed the wolves; there has been various tales and rumours about it, but So himself never told about it except his mother, but HS’s reaction is so different from hers. He can see how alert she grows, forgetting about her own grievences and pettiness, and how worried about HIM.

@briseis Your analysis is so insightful! I totally agree (like always) with what you wrote... Thank you (again)! 

• Like 9

4 hours ago, meahri_1 said:

Annyeong Yeorobun!! All of you are moving along at such a lightning pace, it's almost impossible to back track and catch up with everyone's analysis and insights. :sweatingbullets: LOL. It's frustrating when REAL life gets in the way of your drama. :P  Forgive me in advance, but this is going to be long since I want to catch up on a number of things I've wanted to discuss with all of you. 

Sorry for the novel, chingu!!

I 100% AGREE with what you wrote in this post, @meahri_1.

• Like 8

31 minutes ago, Yippeuni said:

LEE HI IS SWEET LIGHTNESS FOR MOON LOVERS: BO BO KYUNG SHIM: RYEO

I heard this song and knew immediately it was Lee Hi. I’m stoked she’s singing two songs for the drama. I’m still waiting for her ballad-ish one to be released. It’s double whammy for me since I love her voice. Plus, her songs seems to be play during the special moments between Soo and So… all the better for my listening pleasure! No song title known yet but Lee Hi’s cooing “I need you” in it so maybe that might be it.

https://breathlesssurvival.wordpress.com/2016/09/17/lee-hi-is-sweet-lightness-for-moon-lovers-bo-bo-kyung-shim-ryeo/

I actually like this second song more than the first ballad...

• Like 8

Rating compilation from wikipedia

Episode # Original broadcast date Average audience share
TNmS Ratings[13] AGB Nielsen[14]
Nationwide Seoul National Capital Area Nationwide Seoul National Capital Area
Special August 27, 2016 3.7% (NR) 4.1% (NR)

1 August 29, 2016 <7.9% (NR) 9.1% 7.4% 8.0%
2 August 29, 2016 8.9% 10.0% 9.3% 10.4%
3 August 30, 2016 7.1% 7.8% 7.0% 8.0%
4 September 5, 2016 <6.1% (NR) <6.7% <5.7% <6.3%
5 September 6, 2016 <6.2% (NR) <6.8% (NR) <6.0% (NR) 7.3%
6 September 12, 2016 5.1% 7.7% 5.7% (NR) <8.2% (NR)
7 September 13, 2016 5.2% <6.4% (NR) 5.8% <7.2% (NR)
Special September 14, 2016 (NR) (NR) (NR) (NR)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moon_Lovers:_Scarlet_Heart_Ryeo#Charted_song

• Like 16

8 hours ago, ruzikie said:

you're not alone hahahah

TBH i barely watch IU's drama since Lee Soon Shin haha and the last drama i watched for Lee Joon KI was scholar but end up in episode 10 because i couldn't see his chemistry with his co-star. and now i am swooning over him and kinda obssesed with him especially every time he's around IU :D

@ruzikie same with you ... even I download of all ep . But i give up from just 3 ep and try to watch again and give up again in 10 ep. Really want to watch but i didn't had feeling between junki and lee yu bi. Their chemistry is not what i expected . so i really give up and didn't watch until last ep...  honestly I want to watch junki in scholar. But when watch it i feel tired already. I like junki in arang but not so excited as i watch scarlet heart. Shin min ah is cute ghost

• Like 8

@MoOnLoVeRz in this scene maybe Hae Soo show her care to Wang So said what if the pain isn't from his scar but from his heart? before that Wang Wook say something about Wang So's scar, Wang So should live with his scar... (i can't remember the exact subtitle and i think its Wang Wook voice) and this word make Wang Wook unhappy ^^ jealousy. 

Omoo Hae Soo not yet realise that she also starting falling for Wang So \^0^/

• Like 20

6 hours ago, littleloony said:

P.S. @40somethingahjumma I too loved Kiera Knightley and Matthew McFayden in that rain scene from P&P :D On the one hand I was like 'plz kiss her, you know you want to' and on the other I was like 'what are they doing to a classic?' LOL. Btw my all time fav is the BBC version P&P (1995). Jennifer Ehle and Colin Firth were just perfect :wub:

I love P&P too and Colin Firth was just too perfect as Darcy :wub:. Somehow LJK gives off the same vibes as WS as Colin firth did for me 

• Like 14

That spoiler still with HS wearing red and the plaited bun ... there's a scene in the long trailer where WS n HS is at the beach walking and both on the horse, which WS lean forward and said 'do you want to runaway? I can if you want'.  Will this happen soon after WW n HS's big accident .... which WS take HS away to comfort her?  I'm going wild thinking.    

• Like 22