[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

I must say this thread is like a living place to me! I can’t start or finish my day without checking it,I may not keep track of every single comment here, but it’s a distinct pleasure to cover all of your wonderful and brilliant analysis, theories and comments of every single Eclipse of you. It's truly one of my priorities! Thank you so much for the living and thriving environment! Keep the wonderful job Eclipses!!

I so so loved ep07, it's quite fulfilling and I found out that I'm not the only one who keeps rewatching it repeatedly! And I’m so eagerly looking to eps 08&09! There’s going to be some sort of a plot twist whether to HS-WW’s relationship or Wangso’s shocking new appearance! 

1VFe5Bz.png

It looks like WS here threw those white garbs away. Perhaps he wasn’t initially willing (and discouraged) to attend/lead the parade due to former experience, and perhaps when they threw dirt at him it was a flashback! (that explains at least to me about his late arrival and WY’s step in) until HS's involvement, when she hides his scar, she changes his mind (and his life)? Anyway I’m looking forward too to the process of launching this Goryeo first concealer! XD I really love WS's mask collection, I don't want him to drop his mask forever! It has a great significance on his character and it's such a great relation to the aspects of his persona! 

RE HS-WW;  EVEN THOUGH I’m rotting for HS-WS, and originally a shipper of Rouxi-8th, I want their breakup to be as consistent as the perfect and magnificent build up for HS-WS’s relationship! So I’m crossing my fingers to that plot-twist! The reason why I'm bringing up R-8th is because I wasn't so approved of their breakup either, so even though I'm not that swayed by HS-WW I don't want the same thing to happen again!

Meanwhile, MLSHR reruns ratings of yesterday, I’m quite impressed though with ep07’s high percentage for a rerun!

Here’s the drama-focused ratings: ep06 scored 4.4% and ep07 7.2%

f5Zvk4E.png

and here’s with everything! dramas and programs, news..etc

JLXQAQk.png

• Like 19

49 minutes ago, solelylurking said:

Hello back to you.. Tinggal dimana? 

Well living war era is never pretty anyway. But trapped between two men with power is worse, isn't it? If I'm HS I would've pick 14th prince but as Selena says a heart wants what it wants. 

@KdramaSwimmer Oh I love Bollywood movies. One of my fave movie of all time is Kabhi Kushi Kabhi Gham. Never fail to make me cry. Hahaha.. See you tomorrow darl. I'm excited to see Wook and the swirl hug a.k.a moon dancing. Kiss and hug from here. 

Spoiler

saya dari Sukabumi kakak..... Lol i'm sorry to chimed in but i can't help but giggling reading the convo, and i love Kal Ho Na Ho ahaha :D.. don't mind me. 

NOTE : sorry OOT moderator-nim.. that's why i put under spoiler 

sorry if somebody ever mention this before, but more than the up coming hug-in-the-rain scene.. since the ost come out, i really anticipate this scene.. OST cover usually part of the drama scene right? 

Moon_Lovers_Scarlet_Heart_Ryeo_OST_Part_ 

wonder when this scene will come out... at this time i think WS already obsessed with this girl. his obsession may lead to tragedy but don't know why i really waiting to see that side of him. 

• Like 23

2 minutes ago, qwenli said:

FYI, Wikipedia has responded to my complaint email, and set the disputed wiki page on some form of protection (which I will not revealed here).

In any case, just dropping by to say, that I have a dinner to attend tomorrow so I will be late in recapping. If you dont see me in the 1st half an hour or so at least you know why.:) I will record the show, so I will be able to recap the earlier part when I rewind it to watch.

Looking forward to all the hugs. :)

DON'T WORRY ...HAVE FUN AT DINNER!WE WILL MISS YOU...THANKS FOR YOUR HARD WORK

• Like 14

checking in DC and I found this screencap from the long trailer I guess. 

Are we seeing CP still alive while Yo is kinda being apprehended for some unlawful actions? 

Therefore, are we seeing an early battle between the princes? Or another fight like we had seen with the previous blessing ritual in the upcoming episodes? or another attempt to kill CP?

ea46ee5a9d.jpg

Btw, good night from my side of the world! See you tomorrow for another exciting discussion! 

• Like 21

9 minutes ago, bingewatcherinsomniac said:

@bebebisous33 as usual your analysis is very well said ;) one of the quality that I like from this drama is how well written it's characters are. Each individual has many layers of emotions and has a mixed trait of personality that's so fascinated to see.

I agree with you, maybe we too emotionally invested on the romance part (understandable:P) and almost forgot to discuss the heroine of this story. Unfortunately we only got a bit and pieces about who go hajin really is, and worse we also left in the dark about who the real haesoo is before the accident. She's like uncompleted puzzle right now. What we can guess is based on the reactions of people in 8th Prince Manor (chaeryung, haemyung, yeonhwa and wook), they're completely different in character which is understandable as both came from different centuries. 

HAESOO: She's a young noble lady that came from powerful clan, but since she's an orphan, her only cousin kindly took care of her and cherish her like her own daughter even after her cousin got married she brought her in to her husband Manor. Feeling indebted, she tried her best to not become a burden to her cousin, living quietly and helping behind her cousin's shadows, cheering her especially after knowing her health condition. She's good in playing musical instruments and has talent in making crafty beautiful things like that lotus shaped lantern. Which probably explain why yeonhwa a bit jealous of her before. She has much more polished, gentle, and reserved character. My guess is real haesoo has much more similarities with wook. Both genuinely kind-hearted but need to put a mask, a perfect facade for different reason. For her it's all for her cousin sake. Chaeryung is the only person who knows who she really is, where she can release her stress and vent her frustration. It's never easy to live in a place she hardly can calls home and as loving her cousin could be, haesoo doesn't wanna add more burdens to her.. And it made me wonder whether real haesoo harbour a feeling towards wang wook, which might explain go hajin instant attractions to him... Right now her life is like a mystery and we have no idea what she's been up to that causing her accident.. 

GO HAJIN: she's a kind-hearted, happy-go-lucky kind of girl (well at least she used to..) who at first has such an optimistic view to the world, naively believes that sincerity and hard work will pays in the end. She impulsively loves helping people around more than she actually could (that sometimes gets her trouble in work place) and put too much trust to people (like her ex bf and BFF that betray and leave her with a huge amount of debt). Basically the world fails her, she hit rock bottom and in despair wishing a new life that surprisingly came true. Although she's a bit overconfident with her skill and boasting around how smart and adaptive she is (albeit in joking light-hearted way), like wangso mention before, she's not using her brain that much and just impulsively act the way her heart wants. She has a temper and cannot stand injustice. Also known as stubborn, staying firm to her believe. All in all, she really puts her heart on her sleeve, and its her sincerity that actually moves people around her. 

With such contrast between real haesoo/go hajin, no wonder people around her had so taken a back with how different she is after the accident and came to the realisation that she forgot her manner entirely. LMAO. :D

And I agree this will be a hindrance for ww-hs's romance to blossoms because unlike wangso, wang wook already has a preconceptions of her, the real haesoo, and set his expectations around it. Like instance, how haesoo change her answer about what kind of poem she like, and how she hesitated to tell him that she's illiterate. She's desperately trying to fit the image he has for her, as exhausting as it is, afraid that someone could busted her covers.

Yes she's cosplaying as haesoo right now but what we might misunderstood is we all following go hajin's adventure to the past. All of different emotions and many sets of personality traits that she display is all go hajin' through and through. It's impossible for her to be real haesoo even on certain occasion, no matter how hard she tried. Why? Because she never knew who real haesoo is. People can fill her in and gave her a general idea, but she can't just copy that 24/7, I believe all of her interaction are genuinely hers even to haesoo's cousin that knows her all her life. What makes her character more nuance is the fact that she learns to adapt to a life that clearly not hers, slowly accept her fate, and embrace haesoo as her new identity without losing herself as go hajin entirely. She's not going to be real haesoo, she's becoming go hajin version of haesoo. 

Thanks fo replying to my analysis and completing it good job onion head . I also enjoyed reading your analysis as well.crazy monkey It was interesting to read your description of Hae Soo. However, there is something that I would like to add. I agree that she must have been similar to Wang Wook in the past, which means, she kept her thoughts and her feelings to herself. This explains why lady Hae said that the new Hae Soo was much warmer.

In my opinion, the original Hae Soo didn't really feel at home because she kept her distance from Wang Wook and lady Hae. The latter felt it too. Wang Wook said that he barely knew her and when lady Hae mentioned to baek Ah that the new Hae Soo was warmer, it means that there was a distance between her and Hae Soo too. The latter must have felt pressured and acted behind lady Hae's back in order to get some freedom.

From my point of view, Hae Soo has never been so honest and sincere like Hae Jin. I guess, the difference is that Hae Soo must have been less idealistic and knew that her condition was bound to lady Hae. Hence she was similar to Wang Wook. Her life depended on her cousin's good will and she couldn't do or say what she wanted.

HAe Jin will change too, the longer she lives in Goreyo because she has to realise that she can't judge everything from her modern point of view. She has already realised that this period is much more brutal, killing is something normal as it is a question of survival. On the other hand, she won't lose her integrity and her sense of justice. She might come to accept polygamy for example, but she is someone who will always held justice, tolerance and family in high esteem.

• Like 21

Umm.. the picture where HS has her head on WS chest, I guess after being the rain for a bit.

He has his hair tied up. 
Does it mean he is married?

I guess he would have to marry the princess if it increases his chances for the Throne... PLUS.. he did threaten his mum that he is gonna make her look only at him.

• Like 11

59 minutes ago, dhia205 said:
  Hide contents

saya dari Sukabumi kakak..... Lol i'm sorry to chimed in but i can't help but giggling reading the convo, and i love Kal Ho Na Ho ahaha :D.. don't mind me. 

NOTE : sorry OOT moderator-nim.. that's why i put under spoiler 

sorry if somebody ever mention this before, but more than the up coming hug-in-the-rain scene.. since the ost come out, i really anticipate this scene.. OST cover usually part of the drama scene right? 

wonder when this scene will come out... at this time i think WS already obsessed with this girl. his obsession may lead to tragedy but don't know why i really waiting to see that side of him. 

@solelylurking @dhia205 hello from here. Quite impressed to see another Indonesian gathering in this forum 

sukabumi dan jakarta. saya mah di ujung indonesia

:D 

that scene is on my waiting list. they would kiss behind that mask. mask that represents about Wang So and Hae Soo.

Tragedy often happens in saeguk well at least for me seeing Emperor Taiwan died on his wife's laps and others. 

but don't you realise our wang so evolution is so civilised :D 

from i want to kill you into i want to have you ---- Wang So to Hae Soo

• Like 19

Scarlet Heart Ryeo Episode 6 & 7 Recap – Trapped in the Palace

A sudden arranged marriage, a desperate escape attempt – Hae-Soo’s life takes an unexpected turn. Will the royal princes be able to help her? Read on for more tidbits and feelings from the latest Scarlet Heart Ryeo episodes…

hug-8th-prince-hae-soo-moon Scarlet Heart Ryeo Episode 6 & 7 Recap

Thoughts and Feels:

I didn’t realize it was possible to ship Hae-Soo this hard with two guys at the same time, but my heart is utterly torn between 8th and 4th Prince. How can a girl possible choose??

I know right???? How can Hae Soo choose between two amazing men....lets just ship both of them.

And you can find the full review at http://www.silverpetticoatreview.com/2016/09/15/scarlet-heart-ryeo-episode-6-7-recap/ 

love her review..

• Like 19

9 minutes ago, finebyme said:

Umm.. the picture where HS has her head on WS chest, I guess after being the rain for a bit.

He has his hair tied up. 
Does it mean he is married?

I guess he would have to marry the princess if it increases his chances for the Throne... PLUS.. he did threaten his mum that he is gonna make her look only at him.

No, the hair bun is more on the back of his head than on the top. He is still not married

• Like 16

9 minutes ago, ruzikie said:

from i want to kill you into i want to have you ---- Wang So to Hae Soo

From i want to kill you to i want to live with you for a long time - what say ?

Spoiler

@dhia205 wow another bollywood fan good to know that...:) ... i am feeling happy that our movies do have fans around the world..just like we all kdrama crazies are gathered here..

KHNH is my fav too.. and yes all Kjo movies are great except couple of...

• Like 18

Just now, Yippeuni said:

Scarlet Heart Ryeo Episode 6 & 7 Recap – Trapped in the Palace

A sudden arranged marriage, a desperate escape attempt – Hae-Soo’s life takes an unexpected turn. Will the royal princes be able to help her? Read on for more tidbits and feelings from the latest Scarlet Heart Ryeo episodes…

Thoughts and Feels:

I didn’t realize it was possible to ship Hae-Soo this hard with two guys at the same time, but my heart is utterly torn between 8th and 4th Prince. How can a girl possible choose??

I know right???? How can Hae Soo choose between two amazing men....lets just ship both of them.

And you can find the full review at http://www.silverpetticoatreview.com/2016/09/15/scarlet-heart-ryeo-episode-6-7-recap/ 

love her review..

How can a girl possible choose ? If i was asked by people, Wang So or Wang Wook ? Aside for my shipper heart and lee joon ki, i prefer Wang So than Wang Wook. No offence guys but i think it's kinda boring to have a relationship with Wang Wook despite he's a very nice guy since beginning. An obedient son to his mother and treat people so nicely even i would know this attitude in real life would take another misunderstanding. It's only my opinion.

For Wang So, it's like i join his dark side and swimming over the black laguna he has on his eyes. those black eyes bring me to another dimension and he accidentally would bring me to another world that i never had in my life. i mean talk about the other world that you never touched before. It's interesting because he would bring you swimming and explore him like an open book. 

• Like 18

8 minutes ago, KdramaSwimmer said:

From i want to kill you to i want to live with you for a long time - what say ?

Reveal hidden contents

@dhia205 wow another bollywood fan good to know that...:) ... i am feeling happy that our movies do have fans around the world..just like we all kdrama crazies are gathered here..

all Kjo movies are great except couple of...

i can't say this like yeah. his evolution for Hae Soo is unpredictable. It's late and slow burn that we almost think it's already episode 7 and we still haven't got any from them but it's already burnt on screen to see our Wang So has deeply fallen in love with her. Like Lee Joon Ki said he is an obsessive man ( but man idk, the typical bad boy in lead male section every drama has, they own this personality. Jealousy and obsessive man towards the girl he would declare as his) 

i am waiting for his obsessiveness finally release and bring him to another thought how to have and live with Hae Soo.

and it's already Monday in my regional. YAY !

• Like 15