[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

44 minutes ago, Gabi Bros said:

:o It's only that another IU fan retweeted and all the comments below were "They are so cute". 

Oh...I didn't knew it was originally posted by a hater? :o I will delete it. :) 

Yeah, sorry about that. There are many mean Koreans circulating this particular scene on social media to mock our show. It's really sad.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, gobsmack said:

Hey everyone, Just caught up with this week's episode. I saw 2 versions of the drama. One had scenes missing ,the other had subtitles missing. Lol. Why are there 2 versions of the episodes? 

The drama is pre-produced. They needed to have edited all the episodes and approved by the Chinesse Government in order to be able to be broadcasted simultaneously there. They were running out of time and at last moment they got the approval, just a few days after the conflict between China and South Korea. Long Story...search about THAAD. It's related to politics. Because of THAAD, Chinesse government decided to take revenge with the entertainment industry. Suddenly they were banning korean stars to appear in chinesse productions, no matter if they were filming, also they were banning korean dramas to be broadcasted no matter the inversion. Well, seems that Moon Lovers had luck...maybe because all the episodes were already bought by chinesse at really high prices...so maybe Youku/Mango TV/and more (the ones that bought) cry a bit and the government let Moon Lovers pass. I don't know...but they gave them the OK at the end. So that version, is the original and the same that DramaFever, Youku, ONE TV (and others) have.

Moon Lovers is broadcasted in SBS for the people of South Korea. Some viewers were complaining that the OST were distracting and the story hard to understand. So SBS decided to re-release Directors Cuts a Saturday for the first 3 episodes (a marathon one Saturday) in which they added a few deleted scenes from the first version or more extended ones for an easier understanding. In that version, are deleted the rap parts of some ost...also the ost were made shorter and they added more instrumentals. After that, SBS is broadcasting another version without telling the world. :sweatingbullets: In episode 4 and 5 they did not made major changes, only fix some songs for instrumentals. Episode 6 and 7 have ost fixed and new scenes were added...and in order to add scenes, they need to delete some of the first version.

The version that Moon Lovers has given to SBS is more my taste. Also, Moon Lovers don't have permission to give China the new version. That's why there are 2 versions lately. 

• Like 16

2 hours ago, Gitakawaii said:

I disagree about the whole WW giving that bracelet to HS to cover her scar, he gave that bracelet to her to remind her of the kind of relationship he wishes for them to have. I see that as WW feeling guilty because he even said he felt pathetic that he couldn't protect her all on his own. I think if WW wanted a perfect girl in HS he would have let her go a long time ago, especially now that she has a scar, she's clumsy and outspoken.  As for her wanting to learn how to write and read again Its no surprise to me because she's said it multiple times that's she's a fast learner and always eager to learn. I don't see it as her trying to impress wook, I also don't see anything wrong in her wanting to improve herself so that she can understand the way of living in that era even better. Haesoo is a smart and hard working girl, I think that's one of the main reason WW adores her. :) 

In my Opinion WW Problem with the Scar is not that HS is not perfect anymore... she never was... but as you said... pathetic... this scar will remind him that he was not able to protect her so she had to do something so extreme - so risky to protect herself.

It´s not like he wish to cover up her scar - but to see it hurts him... because of his failure to be the Man for her he more and more wanted to be. He chose a great Presend - the red string and the meaning behind it - and asking her if she will never put it down was like asking her is she wanted to be with him. They are kinda official in a relationship now. A Prince and a Maid... I sense a problem.

Honestly - we all wished for a prove when we are in Love... just a littel something form that person. Not a ring... the meaning is to heavy - but something. I know form myself - I liked to steal his Shirt and wrote him later a message that he don´t have to search for it. Hae So is still the modern woman - but in a situation like she is now - this kind of prove is so special.

Yes - my Heart belongs to So - and i wish to see Soos Heart changing soon - I wish her to see So for real - not as a friend - but as a Man - and I believe he becames already very special to her - even without her noticing. She way she became sad when she only saw him leaving after she sing the song. She cares a lot for him - but sure her Heart right now is with Wook. But when So will hug her she have to see that she is not a friend to him.. that change everything.

Moonday - where are you?????? I would like to skip Day --- but than I have to skip the Birthday from my Son - bad Idea if you ask me. :D

• Like 16

39 minutes ago, Caelia Celia said:

even Eun & baek ah .. ?

hmm , Since we all for sure are waiting for so to kill that WY .. can't SO just give WY a huge and deep scars on all his face and body .. then but a salt snd lemon .. sure with a black pepper on it ? then kills him .. 

I don't think he will kill Baek Ah...because in the c-version

Spoiler

the 4th didn't kill him. He was sick that's why he died. Also, Eun was alive in the c-version. He is the only one from the princes who has a happy ending - living with a girl he truly love. He didn't kill the 14th also. I hope it would be the same here in the k-version.

• Like 17

I'm wondering when Yeohwa said she's getting married how did she ended up with WS? Did she not go through it or did WS do something that cause Yeohwa to not get married but instead him? I'm very curious what happen in between there. 

If Yeohwa married WS would she be nicer or evil and scheming like the evil queen right now? cause 

Spoiler

in cversion, 4th prince wife is sweet, nice and calm and understanding

in which I do not see Yeonhwa like that but who knows people change. lol 

So we know that according to history:

Spoiler

Wang Mu (crown prince) will be king after the father died, but his time didn't last long since there was conspiracies among the princes toward his reign especially 3rd and 4th prince. He then died cause of a disease. Then 3rd prince rose to throne in which he did a horrible job and lack power probably that cause him to lose this throne to 4th who got rid of his political rivals within court (meaning his brothers who were against him)  

So I wonder how are they gonna fit all of those history into 20 episodes :frown: and I wonder how will Hae Soo survive in this political time period especially the brothers who she sees as friends turn against each other 

Spoiler

in the cversion, it affected Ruoxi health as she went through hard times and in the end tragic happen. So I think the writers would keep it like that and Hae Soo won't see what 4th do to his brothers but if she were to return to modern day she would read up and realized what 4th did in order to survive. How would she feel then?

• Like 12

Long time lurker here, I just had to get out of "lurking" for the love of this drama. Just want to get out on idea... :sweatingbullets:

Regarding  one of the Princes' killing his brothers when he ascends throne,

I remember someone said: that the Astronomer (Jimong) "might have had" a reason why he had to have "someone" come from another time (future) and he made sure that it was a good person. ( a girl that gave him a drink when he was disguised as a homeless person) That would be Ko Ha-jin.

Let's say that Wang So was INDEED the future King who would kill of his brothers, because of his bad reputation as somebody who's a brutal killer, etc. Jimong mostlikely already knows this and taking someone like  Ko Ha-jin, who has a lot of similarities with Wang So ( except their one big difference is that Hajin probably have a better childhood, treated by parents nicely and brought up as a good person despite her misgivings) will definitely change Wang So's future regarding him killing his brothers...  meeting and falling in love will "soften" him up and end up not killing any of them unless he has to.

And I am also thinking that Jimong already knows that Haesoo is going or is already in the palace at the time, (because of Lady Hae's worsening condition) so its perfect time for him to get someone (Hajin.) into the picture.

Just my 2 cents,

PS. Love reading everybodys' theories here.... you could all write a "better script" than the writer of this show !  If only... :)

• Like 15

That´s funny - thanks to Moon Lovers I searched again for Gwangjong of Goryeo  - and what gives Google me?

Lee Joon Gi!!!!

WOW - a lot people must check him out as 4th Prince...

25 minutes ago, jerboa83 said:

What an EPIC song and a perfect them (the mask) they chose for this mv! 

PS: This way, the video has something movie-like... It remembers me of Masquerade, a beautiful Korean movie I watched at the theatre during a festival.

You said it - EPIC and PERFECT!!!!!!! Thank you so much for sharing!!!!

• Like 15

48 minutes ago, Gabi Bros said:

The drama is pre-produced. They needed to have edited all the episodes and approved by the Chinesse Government in order to be able to be broadcasted simultaneously there. They were running out of time and at last moment they got the approval, just a few days after the conflict between China and South Korea. Long Story...search about THAAD. It's related to politics. Because of THAAD, Chinesse government decided to take revenge with the entertainment industry. Suddenly they were banning korean stars to appear in chinesse productions, no matter if they were filming, also they were banning korean dramas to be broadcasted no matter the inversion. Well, seems that Moon Lovers had luck...maybe because all the episodes were already bought by chinesse at really high prices...so maybe Youku/Mango TV/and more (the ones that bought) cry a bit and the government let Moon Lovers pass. I don't know...but they gave them the OK at the end. So that version, is the original and the same that DramaFever, Youku, ONE TV (and others) have.

Moon Lovers is broadcasted in SBS for the people of South Korea. Some viewers were complaining that the OST were distracting and the story hard to understand. So SBS decided to re-release Directors Cuts a Saturday for the first 3 episodes (a marathon one Saturday) in which they added a few deleted scenes from the first version or more extended ones for an easier understanding. In that version, are deleted the rap parts of some ost...also the ost were made shorter and they added more instrumentals. After that, SBS is broadcasting another version without telling the world. :sweatingbullets: In episode 4 and 5 they did not made major changes, only fix some songs for instrumentals. Episode 6 and 7 have ost fixed and new scenes were added...and in order to add scenes, they need to delete some of the first version.

The version that Moon Lovers has given to SBS is more my taste. Also, Moon Lovers don't have permission to give China the new version. That's why there are 2 versions lately. 

Thanks for the reply and info!

They have cut few scenes of YH and WW speaking about something , as well as Astronomer talking to Crown prince.

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Gabi Bros said:
* Deleted tweet with gif of Wang So laughing at Haesoo's dancing. *

NOTE: The fans of Moon Lovers are retweeting it without knowing that It was originally posted by a hater (?) making fun of the drama. :confused:

urgh... Some people have nothing better to do? I am shocked...:( Thank you for letting us know, @Gabi Bros.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SCARLET HEART: RYEO -- EPISODE 7

H7lEVp9.jpg

Life imitating art

Now we see how exactly Hae Soo is punished for sabotaging her marriage -- she's made a court lady, which is maybe a step up from a gisaeng. She learns makeup, literacy, medicine, etc. She is a prisoner in the palace, though. She can never leave...

This is almost a plot device for character development. I like how she gets to know the other princes. But it seems like she gets more of a chance to hang out with our royal family than when she was free. It's cool to get to see how these guys act, and we get more insights into who they are. Prince Yo is proving to be as much of a jerk as his mom, Queen Sinmyeongsunseong, tricking Prince So into removing his mask as a birthday gift to Prince Eun (Prince So did promise Eun *anything* but it was Yo who gave him the idea).

am5XWc9.jpg

The scar makes him ugly? Yeah right.

The love lines are taking shape finally. I got the feelz when Prince Wook gave Hae Soo the bracelet. I'm torn. Prince So is supposed to end up with her, right? Then why is it that he treats her coldly and is standoffish even? Wook is a lot more the love interest than So. He's kind, gentle, obviously cares for her a lot, and they do things couples are supposed to do. So thinks about her, but he doesn't really give himself. Maybe it's because his family hates him and the scar makes him feel ugly and unworthy? 

Remember that we were promised more idols? We got more idols! Z.Hera plays Park Soon Deok, who strides triumphantly into the capital with her father Grand General Soo Kyung. Yes, that's a bearskin, and yes, everyone is freaked out by it. I like her already.

MMJnmTy.jpg

Being in this drama might be a difficult burden to 'bear.' Yeah, I know. I'm bad. 

The other idol is Seohyun of Girls' Generation fame. She gets indignant with Prince Baek Ah when she catches him with his sketchpad, drawing people affected by the drought. She's Woo Hee, and a couple generals refer to her as "Your Highness." Yet she's dressed in common garb and talks contemptuously of a "betrayer." Hmmm...

1sZ26TD.jpg

Her face has conflict written all over it...okay, not literally

I thought Kim San Ho's performance was awesome as the Crown Princebeleaguered by eczema. It was interesting to see the normally calm, collected Moobeing driven berserk by his itching. And the makeup? Wow! I've never seen as severe a case as he had! Of course, when Hae Soo tries to heal him, she's driven away by his attendants. Remember, the Church burned Galileo for being right. But later he shows an affection towards her as her remedies work. It's a testament to Kim San Ho's abilities, to show so many different sides of himself and remain believable.

The tone of this installment was a lot lighter than the others. I kind of like those episodes, because there's a whole lot of character interaction and you start to care about the people. It's a little hard to get into the family squabbles and possible deaths of people you don't know, so this is a good thing. Besides, we need a little levity because I'm sure this is going to get a whole lot darker again soon.

VtGefFK.jpg

"Party in the hizzouse!"

I'm totally hyped for this drama. I wasn't sure what to expect (plot's not that original) but I'm pleasantly surprised. We're a third of the way in and I haven't been any major problems yet. I hope it continues to keep up this level of excitement and wonder. It'd be a shame for it to crash and burn with such a strong start. What do you guys think? Like the new additions to the cast? Why or why not?

Score

Plot........................8
Performance.........8
Pacing...................8

OVERALL............8.0

source: AllKpop

• Like 14

I am now in my bed with my laptop and cannot fall asleep reading your amazing posts, seriously, all of you are so insightful and smart and notice the little details that look small but actually have importance when you think about it.

I just also re-watched the 7'th episode, I agree that until now it was the best episode, it is the episode where things take a turn and Hae Soo's life in palace starts. I think actually this is the last smooth and calm episode we'll see as starting next week things will heat up. Honestly, seeing the birthday celebration scene and seeing all the brothers (beside of course the evil Yo) smiling and being happy I understood HS's wish, I also could not imagine how they will ever come to fight each other or be at bad terms. 

I love how HS followed WS with her eyes when he left the party, how she smiled at him when he came in with BA with a beautiful smile that you only give to someone special, I appreciated her going after him, these are all subtle signs that she cares for him more than she is realizes, I think she is falling for him but still doesn't see it because she is blinded by her infatuation for WW.  

I also just can't get over the amazing acting LJK is showing, I have seen talented korean actors but I don't remember any of them making me feel so many emotions with just a stare, he truly lives and breaths his character. I cried silent tears in the last scene because it was him showing his weakness, his shame, baring himself to his family, LJK portrayed those feelings perfectly, I felt his pain in my bones, the way he says at HS "look at me properly, that look of yours I hate it like crazy"  I know I am gushing but get used to it cause it seems I will be doing it during all this drama, a new fan of LJK here. IU too did her best, I think she portrayed HS's concern and care for him pretty good, she looked at him without judgement but with acceptance.

I used to hate Mondays now I don't even think about the weekend but want it to be Monday already, lol. But spending time here makes it easier to wait.

• Like 20

guys I watched last episode with eng sub...

ıs ıt only me who felt weird at this scene!? Her words! like this is the reason why actually 3th prince is not the main lover! bc I think she like him bc of her life at modern era. she is thinking how the boyfriend treated her. I actually feel there is smth more happened at modern era. she want, she is thirsty to someone, a boyfriend who will be nice to her. I was like "how the process will change her heart?" but I think ıt will happen after she go out from her modern era trauma. she will be like "I got it, ıt was not a love, I just wanted someone who is gentle and nice to me. I thought ıts love."

"I like that person!.. ıf I were with him, I think I would be okay being Hae Soo instead of Go Ha Jin! you will be able to live well Hae Soo."

LQbrkV.jpg

and the preview

what is happening? they are all wearing white and public throwing dirt on Wang So! and he is telling 3th prince "I came for my seat!!"

gXO3X3.png Mkdnog.png

they are all wearing white when there is a funeral! does it mean king died? but ıt can't happen bc others are still alive!..so maybe Crown Prince died!!..he is not at scene and only the person who will take his place can be the next king! and just 3th prince is allowed it bc of age statue. of course ıf 4th one don't try to stop him!!..

"I came for my seat!!"

Also When he is talking with general, I felt he is not just staying at Goryeo for able to learn how to be prince! like general said, you can be "that" place king, why you came Goryeo?...I think he is there just for revenge and he has plans and general got it. the talks about killing people who deserve it and how the history written as 4th king killed everyone and be the king! :blink:

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Caelia Celia said:

even Eun & baek ah .. ?

hmm , Since we all for sure are waiting for so to kill that WY .. can't SO just give WY a huge and deep scars on all his face and body .. then but a salt snd lemon .. sure with a black pepper on it ? then kills him .. 

Spoiler

in the cversion, the only princes that survive when 4th was king was, 10th with his wife who is pregnant they had a happy ending, 14th prince who was imprisoned in his mothers former palace but he lived a peaceful life, and 13th died with his daughter by his side but the woman he loved commit suicide because 13th other wives said she was a low status and that she should let somebody else in the family raise her daughter since she doesn't qualify to be the girl mother. 

The only prince that died was 8th and 9th due to poison 

• Like 8

Since Hours I´m watching Fan made Videoclips.... I love to see those with different Music and this one

credit to owner

really makes me excited to see the jealous Wang So later.. the obsessive one .... I know that will be intense too....

we don´t need to pay attention to the typo - awesome work!

• Like 13